PDA

View Full Version : Sammy imitating Dave

Dirty Duck
09-01-2005, 05:44 PM
If you listen to GOOD ENOUGH on 5150 (which a lot of the songs were written by Roth) at the break you hear sammy say "hey waitress..you got any specials here tonight? Me and the fella's might be intrested in?What was that? Rack of what? Well I'll have some of thaaaaaaat! " Man ...i laugh everytime I hear that. It's so fuckin ROTH! I've never heard Sammy do that in any song again...hmmmm I wonder why? That part reeks of the break in UNCHAINED...you know.."you'll get some leg tonight fo sure...!!!" That mother KNEW he had some big shoes to fill....too bad he'll never be the frontman dave is...ever!

Dirty Duck
09-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Oh...I almost forgot. For A great laugh check out the Video for WHEN IT"S LOVE off the GREATEST VIDEO HITS. I sware Sammy is trying to be dave. At one point he jumps in the air by his microphone TRYING to do a split and he looks like the biggest ass.... : )

DLR_EngineRoom
09-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck
If you listen to GOOD ENOUGH on 5150 (which a lot of the songs were written by Roth) at the break you hear sammy say "hey waitress..you got any specials here tonight? Me and the fella's might be intrested in?What was that? Rack of what? Well I'll have some of thaaaaaaat! " Man ...i laugh everytime I hear that. It's so fuckin ROTH! I've never heard Sammy do that in any song again...hmmmm I wonder why? That part reeks of the break in UNCHAINED...you know.."you'll get some leg tonight fo sure...!!!" That mother KNEW he had some big shoes to fill....too bad he'll never be the frontman dave is...ever!

Cradle Will Rock...Unchained....Panama....Hot For Teacher

Question you have to ask yo'selves is this:

Has Sammy EVER had a mid-break in ANY of his songs before VH?

No, of course not.

Defense rests, your honour.

No further questions, case dismissed.

shaggydoo
09-04-2005, 04:23 AM
Sammy imitating Dave
Ha ha ha, that's farking funny! Funnier still that all the while he tried (and failed miserably) to immitate Roth vocally and performance wise, and yet constantly trash talking about Roth on-stage and in the media. Killing the goose that laid the golden egg? Though you must feel sorry for Hagar! Must have been tough for a no-talent hack like him to stumble into the immensely popular band to replace a legend like Roth! I guess he had to do something to draw attention away from the fact the soul of Van Halen was gone and the band was rapidly becoming a pale pathetic immitation of it's former glorious self.

Dirty Duck
09-06-2005, 01:48 PM
I hear that SHAGGYDOO! Sammy should have just stuck with turning out hits like "Fast Times At Ridgemont high" !!

SammySucks1984
09-07-2005, 08:57 PM
In sammy's lame ass version of Panama live he goes into a story during the part where Eddie is supposed1 revving the engine of his lambo and dave is going into the whole its getting a little hot tonight.
:donkey:

FasterPussycat
09-07-2005, 09:21 PM
That's something I need to see to believe it!!!

Vinnie Velvet
09-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
Cradle Will Rock...Unchained....Panama....Hot For Teacher

Question you have to ask yo'selves is this:

Has Sammy EVER had a mid-break in ANY of his songs before VH?

No, of course not.

Defense rests, your honour.

No further questions, case dismissed.

Not surprsing since Dave was working on "Good Enough" before the breakup occurred.

It was meant for Dave to begin with.

Jérôme Frenchise
09-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Not surprsing since Dave was working on "Good Enough" before the breakup occurred.

It was meant for Dave to begin with.

With Dave on holding the microphone it would have been a kind of further "Panama". It was the end of VH instead.

Big Fat Sammy
09-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Another funny bit is in the live video for Panama, during where the "hot tonight" break occurs....

Sammy screaming in a high, shrill screachy voice... "Are you people feeling HOT TONIGHT!!!"

:D

Vinnie Velvet
09-09-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
Another funny bit is in the live video for Panama, during where the "hot tonight" break occurs....

Sammy screaming in a high, shrill screachy voice... "Are you people feeling HOT TONIGHT!!!"

:D

Oh shit, I remember that.

What a way to butcher a classic.

bigc
09-09-2005, 11:47 AM
I hear that SHAGGYDOO! Sammy should have just stuck with turning out hits like "Fast Times At Ridgemont high" !!

HIT?????

mattiew23m
09-09-2005, 02:41 PM
most people don't even remember that song in the movie.. What's weird about that is, Sammy Hagar on the soundtrack, and mention of van halen at the end of the movie.... Kinda weird in a way

Dirty Duck
09-09-2005, 03:21 PM
The "HIT" part was a joke

Brett
09-09-2005, 03:30 PM
Point of reference...Engine...it's not called a "mid-break," it's called a "bridge" bro. :)

Dirty Duck
09-13-2005, 06:13 PM
I love the fact that it's obviously jealousy which throws Sammy into constantly talking shit about Dave. Hmmm..I wonder why? Maybe because you can't FAKE being a frontman. You eiether Live and Breathe Rock N' Roll or you can be JUST LIKE SAMMY and fake it. But see...Sammy Ol' boy...you just cant fool the REAL CLASSIC VH FANS...

Dirty Duck
09-13-2005, 06:14 PM
I love the fact that it's obviously jealousy which throws Sammy into constantly talking shit about Dave. Hmmm..I wonder why? Maybe because you can't FAKE being a frontman. You eiether Live and Breathe Rock N' Roll or you can be JUST LIKE SAMMY and fake it. But see...Sammy Ol' boy...you just cant fool the REAL CLASSIC VH FANS...

Terry
09-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Always struck me odd that Sam simultaneously had nothing positive to say about Roth, yet so clearly attempted to ape Roth's style after he joined Van Halen. That whole LWAN business of Sam attempting to do high kicks a la Dave, strut across the stage like Dave...seemed weird after a years' worth of interviews in which Sam harped on and on about how much better Van Halen was without Dave in it.

Dirty Duck
09-16-2005, 09:01 AM
So true dude. You know when I was a lot younger I took it as Sammy knew he had some big shoes to fill so he had to give the people what they wanted. Well i was obviously wrong. The guy was a prick..plain and simple. He knew from the beginning roth had it all over him. Let's not forget...Van halen opened for Montrose back in the day. I'm sure Sammy was on the sidelines watching roth and the crowds reaction jealous as a mutha...

shaggydoo
09-17-2005, 07:05 PM
It is said that: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
It is seen that: Sammy's is a serious form of butchery

DrMaddVibe
09-17-2005, 07:41 PM
DAVE OR THE GRAVE SHEEP MUTHAFUCKAS!

bru87tr
09-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Good Enough should have been sung by Dave but with the wails and sounds like a song straight off my fav album VHII!

Dirty Duck
09-21-2005, 10:32 AM
The truth is Dave is and will be the best frontman for Van Halen..that's it. There is nothing more to ssy...