PDA

View Full Version : Everyone can live a healthier lifestyle this year

Steve Savicki
03-22-2004, 02:27 PM
Have you heard of the NO-CARB Diet for 2004?

NO Cheney
NO Ashcroft
NO Rumsfeld
NO Bush

FORD
03-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Very creative Steve. And since I'm on the low carb diet anyway, that's even more of an incentive!

Steve Savicki
03-22-2004, 07:30 PM
To everyone else:

Please follow this diet plan and we will ALL live happier, healthier lives. :D

BigBadBrian
03-23-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Very creative Steve. And since I'm on the low carb diet anyway, that's even more of an incentive!

And you're probably still a fat ass. :gulp:

ELVIS
03-23-2004, 07:54 AM
uhh hu hu huh uh uh uh uh

A very low carb diet is not healthy...

BigBadBrian
03-23-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
uhh hu hu huh uh uh uh uh

A very low carb diet is not healthy...

Especially on the Democratic Diet. All you do is eat pork..........

Dr. Love
03-23-2004, 08:05 AM
Those zero-carb diets kill your kidneys... it releases a lot of ammonia in your system.

ELVIS
03-23-2004, 08:29 AM
Here's a diet...

Cut down to seven meals a day.. and only eat when you're awake!

:elvis:

Roy Munson
03-23-2004, 12:31 PM

How long have you been doing it? Is it working for you? I'm a little leary of it as I am with all diets, but it's definitely intriguing. I've gained some weight since the birth of our first child last fall(surprise) and I need to get control of it! LOL It would help if I could run again like I used to but I just don't have any fucking time anymore. I barely have time to take a shit.

:D

It's all worth it, though.

FORD
03-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
How long have you been doing it? Is it working for you? I'm a little leary of it as I am with all diets, but it's definitely intriguing. I've gained some weight since the birth of our first child last fall(surprise) and I need to get control of it! LOL It would help if I could run again like I used to but I just don't have any fucking time anymore. I barely have time to take a shit.

:D

It's all worth it, though.

I was doing real well on it last year and then got off track for a while. Started up again after the holidays were over (i.e. the day after the Super Bowl) I don't weigh myself daily or anything like that, so I couldn't give you any exact numbers, but I'm definitely noticing a difference.

Giving up potatoes, rice, bread, pasta, Coke, and sugar was easy. The hard part was giving up the beer :gulp:

Rolling Rock's low carb beer is better than the Michelob crap, but not by much. I'm holding out for the low carb stout.

John Ashcroft
03-23-2004, 02:39 PM
I gave up eating all together to save my beer drinking habit.

Dr. Love
03-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Gah. I can't believe anyone would want to do this diet.

The basic breakdown is this -

1 gram of carbohydrate = 4 kilocalories
1 gram of protein = 4 kilocalories
1 gram of fat = 9 kilocalories

If you want to lose weight, it makes more sense to cut down (not cut out) on the fat. If you cut out carbohydrates, and start eating more protein (like meat) you're just going to up your fat intake and it will defeat the whole purpose.

Not only that, but if your body has to break down amino acids, it releases ammonia (poison) into your body, which the kidneys have to collect. If it goes on for a prolongued time, you can cause kidney damage.

My biology teacher goes off on the Atkins diet regularly.

BigBadBrian
03-23-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Gah. I can't believe anyone would want to do this diet.

The basic breakdown is this -

1 gram of carbohydrate = 4 kilocalories
1 gram of protein = 4 kilocalories
1 gram of fat = 9 kilocalories

If you want to lose weight, it makes more sense to cut down (not cut out) on the fat. If you cut out carbohydrates, and start eating more protein (like meat) you're just going to up your fat intake and it will defeat the whole purpose.

Not only that, but if your body has to break down amino acids, it releases ammonia (poison) into your body, which the kidneys have to collect. If it goes on for a prolongued time, you can cause kidney damage.

My biology teacher goes off on the Atkins diet regularly.

Doc and his biology teacher speak the truth.

FORD
03-23-2004, 03:43 PM
It depends on how you handle it. Those who already have unhealthy kidneys probably shouldn't risk it. In my case, my kidneys function absolutely normally, but there is a medical condition there, which I won't bore y'all with the details of, which would make transplants very complicated, should one ever become neccessary.

So you better believe I did my homework before going on this diet plan. The key here is to drink plenty of water in order to keep the kidneys from building the concentrations Doc mentioned. I watched one of my grandmothers die of kidney failure (caused by a combination of old age and heart medication) and also witnessed a couple of cats suffering from a similar ailment, so I know that ain't how I wanna go out..

Of course when you can't drink beer or Coke, drinking lots of water becomes much easier. The occasional cranberry juice helps to keep the urinary tract cleaned out as well.

Dr. Love
03-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Well, just have a care in how you do it ...

Roy Munson
03-23-2004, 11:05 PM
FORD, when's the last time you had a Guiness? LOL

There's no fuckin' way I could cut out good beer. I actually tried it for a week and decided to hell with it. I just gotta get back into the habit of getting up in the morning and going for a run. Easier said than done, though.

ELVIS
03-24-2004, 12:29 AM
Tell me about the medical condition FORD!

twonabomber
03-24-2004, 12:33 AM
I just gotta get back into the habit of getting up in the morning and going for a run. Easier said than done, though.

same here, except i'd ride 20-30 miles on my bike after work. gotta get started soon.

Dr. Love
03-24-2004, 12:33 AM
It's called Paranoia. ;)

FORD
03-24-2004, 09:13 AM
FORD, when's the last time you had a Guiness? LOL

There's no fuckin' way I could cut out good beer. I actually tried it for a week and decided to hell with it. I just gotta get back into the habit of getting up in the morning and going for a run. Easier said than done, though.

My last real beer was on Super Bowl Sunday. :(

Running isn't my thing, never has been, but I'm walking more often these days, at least when weather permits. Not first thing in the morning though.... at least not until caffeine meets brain

FORD
03-24-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Tell me about the medical condition FORD!

It's nothing serious or life threatening, in terms of daily living. It's referred to as a "horseshoe kidney", meaning the two never completely seperated. All kidneys start out this way in the womb, but usually split all the way apart. Mine didn't. Apparently it's happenned in my family before. Like I said, no big deal. As long as I never need a transplant, that is.

BigBadBrian
03-24-2004, 11:36 AM
My last real beer was on Super Bowl Sunday. :(

Running isn't my thing, never has been, but I'm walking more often these days, at least when weather permits.

What, from the fridge to the toilet? :confused:

Steve Savicki
03-28-2004, 09:52 PM
Is anyone doing the green tea/anti-oxidant deal?

Ally_Kat
03-28-2004, 11:05 PM

Of course when you can't drink beer or Coke, drinking lots of water becomes much easier. The occasional cranberry juice helps to keep the urinary tract cleaned out as well.

I cut my soda intake greatly back in 5th grade. Nothing but empty calories and doesn't even quench your thirst. Being that I'm on campus a lot, soda is easier to track down than water and I drink it, altho I try not to take in too much.

I like to treat soda the way I treat candy or ice cream. It's a treat and not the main resource. I'm a heavy drinker and, if let alone, I'll go thru a gallon of water in nothing flat.

Jesus Christ
03-29-2004, 11:36 AM
If ye drink from the Well which I offer, ye shall never thirst again :)