Listen to the VH! album at double speed!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Scatologist
    Sniper
    • Jan 2005

Listen to the VH! album at double speed!

Well, I was practicing along to some VH1 songs because I was starting to forget the structures and shit, and it was taking too long to go through the songs.

So what I did was, put it on the FAST option, in windows media player, so I can just run through and play along to the songs at double speed.

Holy shit it sounds freakin awesome.

(No, I did not do Eruption at double speed lol. Although i'm tempted to go back and get I'm the One and Eruption down at that tempo for kicks)

Try it!

Last edited by The Scatologist; 09-03-2005, 04:04 PM.
    The name Sammy Hagar conjures up a variety of emotions from music fans--from hate to contempt, from disgust to revulsion.

-TheSmokingGun.com
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

The Chipmunks cover CVH!!!

Comment

• shaggydoo
      Head Fluffer
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The Scatologist
      ... what I did was, put it on the FAST option, in windows media player, so I can just run through and play along to the songs at double speed.
      Try ALAE backwards, you'll hear Roth telling you to "Obey your parents!"

Comment

• Dave IS VH

Well, I was practicing along to some VH1 songs because I was starting to forget the structures and shit, and it was taking too long to go through the songs.

So what I did was, put it on the FAST option, in windows media player, so I can just run through and play along to the songs at double speed.

Holy shit it sounds freakin awesome.

(No, I did not do Eruption at double speed lol. Although i'm tempted to go back and get I'm the One and Eruption down at that tempo for kicks)

Try it!
        Dude, are you on drugs :p

Comment

• audiospectrum
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2004

Fuck yes!! I've tried this backwards stuff for a lot of Dave stuff. Try Just A Gigolo, he says "Girl we've got it all just for believing... beautiful girl you're coming home!" and try Land' Edge, holy shit it's a mind bender. And dare I mention Skyscraper. Creepy!
          I'm very proud of what was that band and what was that show and what it did mean to people. It disgusts me that it has turned into the complete opposite. That it now represents everything that I spoke against, that we suppoesedly represented the converse of. I don't want to have to remember that the team turned into that. Makes me question what the team was while I was a member. Was it all bullshit? If nothing else, it confirms in my mind that from my standpoint - yours truly, David Lee - not a fraction. If nothing else, this kind of morbid, wounded animal anger aimed my way has caused me to look deep into that bathroom mirror and come back to you with "my shit was legit." It was for real. And perhaps the test is time. Because here I am, a decade and a half later, haven't changed much. I look a little different, but not much. My sense of humour is about the same.

Comment

• FasterPussycat
            • Apr 2005

Have you discovered some hidden messages...lol???

Comment

• audiospectrum
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

Just put em on, sober, stoned, pissed, high on petrol, whatever, you'll hear the most crazy shit. It's good to expand the mind, kinda like giving your baby different views to help with their perception and learning. I got a great riff and verse from one of our last albums, turn me on dead man, turn me on dead man.
              I'm very proud of what was that band and what was that show and what it did mean to people. It disgusts me that it has turned into the complete opposite. That it now represents everything that I spoke against, that we suppoesedly represented the converse of. I don't want to have to remember that the team turned into that. Makes me question what the team was while I was a member. Was it all bullshit? If nothing else, it confirms in my mind that from my standpoint - yours truly, David Lee - not a fraction. If nothing else, this kind of morbid, wounded animal anger aimed my way has caused me to look deep into that bathroom mirror and come back to you with "my shit was legit." It was for real. And perhaps the test is time. Because here I am, a decade and a half later, haven't changed much. I look a little different, but not much. My sense of humour is about the same.

Comment

• audiospectrum
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2004

I would never feed my own kids any sort of harmful substance. In fact I have no kids. But I'm just letting you all know in case you were going to call child protection services!!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

LOL...dudes whatever you had...half of it is enough....
                  Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Llama
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Jul 2005

WOAH! Van Halen on double speed sounds awesome!
                    http://www.cevi.be/pp/serge/kiss_symph.jpg

Comment

• The Scatologist
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2005

I Know!

Now imagine Van Hagar at double speed! Pure Suck!

In fact, I have formulated a mathematical equation for this problem!

Van Halen = 5
                      Van Hagar = 0

Van Halen x2 (double speed) = 25 awesome points

Van Hagar x 2 = 0 awesome points

Van Halen x 10 = 50 awesome points

Van Hagar x 10 = 0 awesome points

No matter how you multiply Van Hagar, as long as Van Hagar is in the equation, it will always = 0
                      The name Sammy Hagar conjures up a variety of emotions from music fans--from hate to contempt, from disgust to revulsion.

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• nosuchluck
                        Sniper
                        • Aug 2004

5 x 2 is 25?

Comment

• fenway5150
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by audiospectrum
                          Fuck yes!! I've tried this backwards stuff for a lot of Dave stuff. Try Just A Gigolo, he says "Girl we've got it all just for believing... beautiful girl you're coming home!" and try Land' Edge, holy shit it's a mind bender. And dare I mention Skyscraper. Creepy!
                          Which part should I be listening for on Gigolo? And what did you hear in Land's Edge and Skyscraper?
                          "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding!"
                          - DLR, 2004

Comment

• The Scatologist
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by nosuchluck
                            5 x 2 is 25?
                            No my friend, Van Halen x 2 = 25

FOOL!

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• Anonymous
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

No my friend, Van Halen x 2 = 25

FOOL!
                              In fact, I have formulated a mathematical equation for this problem!

Van Halen = 5
                              Van Hagar = 0

Van Halen x2 (double speed) = 25 awesome points
                              Ah... So 5 x 2 = 10 and 10 x 2 = 25, am I right?

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

Working...