PDA

View Full Version : At least.......

stringfelowhawk
09-04-2005, 01:02 AM
These are trying times indeed. There is no humor in what is left of New Orleans. And at the risk of offending some people, I will apologize ahead of time but i'm still gonna say it. At least W isn't on CNN trying to convince us that North Korea or Iran just used a weather controlled WMD to cause Katrina and he plans to invade. That is NOT an attempt to be funny. This situation isn't funny at all. I'm being sincere about that. This man was still on vacation and couldn't assess the area until couple of days ago and let me not forget to mention he was playing golf the day after. I am so ashamed of this administration and what it's doing to my country.
I'm no dooms day prophet or anything but since he's been in office I've been seriously re-examining some of the things the bible states are the initial signs of the apocolypse and I had never taken that serious until now. My family was uber-religious and we used to debate regularly about the bible and if it were true or a fantasy along the lines of "Illiad" based on some fact but distorted along the way. I've always suspected the bible was only partially true and that most of it was exaggerated by man over the centuries.
Now, after thinking about it I'm starting to see so much that has come to pass. It's sad to me. When he was elected I had a discussion with a supervisor at work about what it meant since it took the Supreme Court to put him in office and that conversation was the only time in my life that made my spine tingle and the last thing I said to him was, "I feel like we just witnessed a sign of armaggedon. I don't think we'll live through the decade before someone sets off a nuclear bomb on American soil and that frightens me to no end." Even so, I've still tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. But I was wrong to do so. In just over four years he's been on vacation over four hundred days while we are fighting two wars simultaneously, trying to curb Iran and North Korea from developing nukes, trying to persuade China to leave Taiwan alone, trying to recover from so damn many natural disasters in the last year that its become a way of life, trying to help other countries recover from natural disasters, trying to boost the economy, trying to avoid bringing back the draft, trying to fix social security, trying to explain who and why a member of OUR own government jeapordized the life of an undercover officer in the CIA, trying to spin this story as to pretend human intelligence is not important, yet the 9/11 commission seems to think it should be the highest priority for the entire intelligence community, trying to explain why Halliburtan seems to be posting the biggest profit margin ever because of exclusive "No Bid" contracts (which are illegal) handed to them by their former CEO who just happens to be the Vice President and convince us it has nothing to do with the "Good Ole Boy" network in government, trying to suppress our rights while claiming its in the countries best interest, ("There should be a limit on freedom."-GWB) trying to rape and pillage a national park for the sake of oil while still trying to convice us that they are developing alternative resources, trying to ignore global warning and allowing big companies to continue to violate environmental law, and the most despicable act of all is him sending soldiers to a place where they can't expect to come home for a year at a time, if they come home at all, but he's been on vacation for longer than those soldiers have been there. That is inexcusable and unacceptable. The amount of golf swings he's taken is more than the total number of fatalities we've experienced but thats ok cause soon he's gonna have to take a vacation from his vacation cause all that vacation is tiresome and stressful and he's burning out fast.
This man is incompetent and incapable of doing the bare minimum of his job requirements. Nixon resigned because of scandal, Clinton was impeached because of a woman and fibbing. Their office removal resumes combined are impressive but they fall short compared to Bush. There has never been a more criminal president and its depressing to think every election we have to "settle for" the candidate with the least amount of documented criminal behavior to sway the vote. But Hey! Who can concentrate on golf when theres so many things that are less important to deal with? You'd think being a member of "The Skulls", carrying a grade point average that looks mysteriously like it has a picture of Ben Franklin on it, being wealthy, spending time with powerful and connected people, not to mention graduating from Yale, becoming governor of Texas, and now president of the United States, he would have come across the definition of "priority". Must of sounded too much like "minority" to pay attention.

Unchainme
09-04-2005, 01:29 AM
Rember back in the old days before 9/11, Dems and Repubs argued over stupid things in the senate, Like wether or not The President got a Blow Job in the office or not, Now its one diaster after another, Its just getting pretty damn near depressing lately to turn on the news. I just keep thinking, God I wish Van Halen would reunite with Dave so I could have something to look forward. :Sighs: