PDA

View Full Version : Inevitable?

MUSICMAN64
09-04-2005, 04:52 AM
I realize how skeptical we all are. Hell, i'd given up hope long ago, but.....what's the only move left in this circus soap opera called Van Halen. a reunion with Dave. It's the only move left. As absurd as it sounds, I still think its going to happen. Think about it. At this point, they have nothing left to lose, and everything to gain by hooking back up with Dave. It's the logical choice. Thoughts?

Soul Reaper
09-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Well, that's the general idea behind all these reunion posts anyway

conyo
09-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Sorry kids,

Ed will reunite with Sammy down the road and release another weak album/tour/life/etc. You just know it. Sammy is the safe bet. They will start a PR campaign that says something to the effect of Ed was an alcholic and he has personal issues and Ed will come out and say, "I am out of rehab, I was wrong and now I am the father to Wolfie that I never was and I am sorry. I am reconnecting with Sammy and licking his ballsack. It's a whole new VH now and the music is light years ahead of everything we've ever done. (i.e. SUCKS) By the way Dave is still an asshole and I wish him a slow death. Whaw, Whaw, Whaw. Cry, cry, cry.

And the stupid weak album with all the Sammy cliches like Hey, Oh Baby, love and the weak double entendres. will go triple platinum and Ed, Al an Spam will fuck Dave over...again.

Sad really!

Or if we are really lucky, Sammy dies choking on a some of that shitty tequila.

Please, God kill Sam.

scorpioboy33
09-04-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by conyo
Sorry kids,

Ed will reunite with Sammy down the road and release another weak album/tour/life/etc. You just know it. Sammy is the safe bet. They will start a PR campaign that says something to the effect of Ed was an alcholic and he has personal issues and Ed will come out and say, "I am out of rehab, I was wrong and now I am the father to Wolfie that I never was and I am sorry. I am reconnecting with Sammy and licking his ballsack. It's a whole new VH now and the music is light years ahead of everything we've ever done. (i.e. SUCKS) By the way Dave is still an asshole and I wish him a slow death. Whaw, Whaw, Whaw. Cry, cry, cry.

And the stupid weak album with all the Sammy cliches like Hey, Oh Baby, love and the weak double entendres. will go triple platinum and Ed, Al an Spam will fuck Dave over...again.

Sad really!

Or if we are really lucky, Sammy dies choking on a some of that shitty tequila.

Please, God kill Sam. kill him soon

MUSICMAN64
09-05-2005, 01:39 PM
YOU GOT A POINT THERE. IT DOES SOUND FAMILIAR.

Molly Blue
09-05-2005, 02:14 PM
As much as I wanted to believe that Dave would join Van Hagar on their last tour... several people here told it would not happen till 2006. I fought against that saying the reunion needed to happen in 2005... strike while the iron is hot and all that.

If it doesn't happen in 2006...I'm not sure I want it to happen. But I still have high hopes for that.

knuckleboner
09-05-2005, 02:38 PM
it's the only move if van halen wants decent commercial success again.

but ed doesn't need that.

he has his own studio. if he wants to record a "van halen" album with patti smyth's gardner, he can. it won't sell, but he'll do it.

about the only sure bet at this point is that eventually, van halen will make the rock and roll hall of fame. at that time, if they're all alive, assume dave will play "jump" with ed, al and mike. nothing else is inevitable...

Dirty Duck
09-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Conyo...you made me laugh..thanks! Ed is not the SMILING guy we all remember from the early 80's...He's becoming a bitter old man that would rather blame his lead singers for his own problems then face em. I always hope it will happen...but I'm not holding my breath..

DR CHIP
09-06-2005, 02:05 PM
A reunion would suck folks....it isn't the same VH we grew up on...

Ed can't play for shit anymore and that's the bottom line....

Dave couldn't bail out this poor excuse of a used to be great guitar player....

Van Halen at one point had a future, but now if they reunited it would be a very bad imitation of what used to be....a shitty nostalgia act...

Did I mention Ed can't even play "Unchained".....

Go see Dave if and when you can...it is the best we are all going to get...