PDA

View Full Version : Here's a question...or a thought

arastar
09-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Dave's getting up there in age...still looking good, in shape and pipes are still hanging on.

So, if by some miracle, the planets align, the Gods all agree and CVH gets back together for a tour, do you think that Dave can get back to his sky high jumping days? Days of the true classic scream? It'd take probably 6 months of steady training and him to stop smoking

Can he do it? Do you think he WOULD do it?

I've noticed in all recent videos of live shows and being at live shows that he's not doing as many kicks...no jumps really at all anymore and it's probably due to the fact that it's a TON of work to keep that kind of flexability. With so few dates that he's touring these days....it's probably not worth it to him.

Another questions...would you be dissapointed if you saw the Mighty VH tour and Dave just walked around the stage with a few little dance steps here and there and at least didn't try to pull off the spread eagle?

Just questions that popped into my head on a lazy holiday....

daone
09-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Even when Dave was in his prime... he had a fair amount of injuries due to his stage moves. As you get older, those injuries occur easier, and it takes longer to heal.

Additionally, it was reported that Dave had knee surgery earlier this year, and that he is still recovering from that.

To answer your question, if a full fledged reunion were to occur, I would not be disappointed in Dave coming on stage and not being 28 years old again. The real satisfaction in a CVH reunion, for me, at this point, would be to put all the bad blood to rest and to see the four giving proper respect to each other and to what was.

Though I have about given up hope of getting any new music from CVH at this point, even if new music were to come from such a reunion, I would not want Dave's trademark screams to dominate such tunes. I would want to hear what they have evolved too at this point.

Romeo Delight
09-05-2005, 11:31 AM
I don't need to see Roth jump off the drum riser...

He does so many other things well.

Maybe the boys will throw some blues into the mix, if that day ever comes.

One thing is for sure, Dave is the master of presentation. He will be part of a great show or none at all.

Three Lock Rock
09-05-2005, 01:20 PM
DAVIDS A FAGIT AND A NO TALENT HACK! SAMMY HAGAR IS THE REAL LEAD SINGRE FOR VAN HALIN AND ANYBODY WHO DOESNT THINK SO IS A FAGIT AND CAN FUCK OFF!

THREE LOCK ROCK
NO STOPPIN THE RED ROCKIN, ROTHTARDS!!!

Molly Blue
09-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by DavidFlamma
One thing is for sure, Dave is the master of presentation. He will be part of a great show or none at all.

ritetoolforjob
09-05-2005, 07:18 PM
spermface.

rustoffa
09-05-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by daone
Even when Dave was in his prime... he had a fair amount of injuries due to his stage moves. As you get older, those injuries occur easier, and it takes longer to heal.

Additionally, it was reported that Dave had knee surgery earlier this year, and that he is still recovering from that.

To answer your question, if a full fledged reunion were to occur, I would not be disappointed in Dave coming on stage and not being 28 years old again. The real satisfaction in a CVH reunion, for me, at this point, would be to put all the bad blood to rest and to see the four giving proper respect to each other and to what was.

Though I have about given up hope of getting any new music from CVH at this point, even if new music were to come from such a reunion, I would not want Dave's trademark screams to dominate such tunes. I would want to hear what they have evolved too at this point.

Nailed to the wall posting right there.
:killer:

Dirty Duck
09-06-2005, 10:38 AM
It would be great to hear some NEW material by them. I LOVED Me wise magic...but that was 96' and it's now almost 10 years later (christ..where did the time go?) . Of course I would love to see them tour..but what I'm mostly looking for are some new songs. I wish they would just release some LIVE stuff from the Dave era with some unreleased shit to go along with it...no guitar picks this time hopefully.

Hardrock69
09-06-2005, 10:56 AM

Hey, Dave's trademark screams were a huge part of the excitement that was CVH.

No other vocalist on the planet did as much in the way of vocal improv as Dave. Hooting. Hollering.
Class dismissed! AH HAAAAaaaa!!!

It added a sense of chaos, partying and general mayhem to the CVH sound that gave their studio stuff a live feel.

"You'll get some leg for shore!"

"One break...coning up!"

I think they have all progressed as songwriters enough that such things will not DOMINATE the material, but to do away with that aspect of it completely would be a huge mistake...that IS a CVH TRADEMARK.

:cool:

moose
09-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Molly, ya like using my pics???

Molly Blue
09-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by moose
Molly, ya like using my pics???

Such excellent pics deserve to be seen again and again!

thome
09-21-2005, 09:23 AM

My thoughts, on time, good post.
This is how it should not- will daves hair hold up for a world tour -.bleeckhh im sick of that stuff.

DLR_EngineRoom
09-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by arastar
Dave's getting up there in age...still looking good, in shape and pipes are still hanging on...do you think that Dave can get back to his sky high jumping days? Days of the true classic scream? It'd take probably 6 months of steady training and him to stop smoking

Can he do it? Do you think he WOULD do it?

The question isn't 'Can Dave Do It?'...'cause Dave already proved that he's only getting better...vocally/soundwise, playlists....etc.....

The question remains....'Can Ed Still Do It?'...and some say more importantly......'Would Ed Do It'.....

Originally posted by arastar
Another questions...would you be dissapointed if you saw the Mighty VH tour and Dave just walked around the stage with a few little dance steps here and there and at least didn't try to pull off the spread eagle?

Just questions that popped into my head on a lazy holiday....

I'm straight....I like women...

having said that, I couldn't give a ratt's a$$ whether or not Dave walks, talks or rocks...it's the classic VH synergy that Diamond Dave contributes into that I'd pay to see.

I'm not paying to see 'a few little dance steps here and there' or 'pulling off a spread eagle'....

.....but I know that a LOT of girls do.

Terry
09-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Wouldn't be upsetting. No more so than if Ed wasn't doing scissor-kicks, or whatever.

CVH live definitely had a high level of physicality and athleticism, and it would be an adjustment to see less of that now, but as long as the instrumentation and vocals were shit-hot, I'd be forgiving about any other shortcomings.

Vinnie Velvet
09-21-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Wouldn't be upsetting. No more so than if Ed wasn't doing scissor-kicks, or whatever.

CVH live definitely had a high level of physicality and athleticism, and it would be an adjustment to see less of that now, but as long as the instrumentation and vocals were shit-hot, I'd be forgiving about any other shortcomings.

I agree.

As long as the music and performances are solid, it doesn't matter if Dave doesn't do the split-legged leap or the gymnastic-like kicks like he did in CVH's heyday.

I'd be more concerned if Ed and Al can perform up to expectations.

And from what we know of from the Van Hagar tour, Ed needs some work (counseling??).