X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Ray Luzier joins Stone Temple Pilots

FILTER mainman Richard Patrick has posted the following message on the band's official web site:

"My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by Hurricane Katrina. I'd like to call on the FILTER fans to band together to help support the charities that will directly assist those affected. It's never too late to start helping! Even the smallest donation would be of great importance. Please visit [www.redcross.org] and see if you can find a way to support those in need."

Patrick is believed to have formed a new project with former STONE TEMPLE PILOTS brothers Robert and Dean DeLeo. Veteran session drummer Ray Luzier is apparently leaving ex-VAN HALEN singer David Lee Roth's tour to join the group, which reportedly has signed a deal with Columbia Records. No word on whether the possible supergroup will retain the FILTER moniker.

Richard has been complimenting Dean's guitar playing in recent interviews, even calling him one of his three favorite guitarists ever, and in a recent posting on the official FILTER web site, Patrick makes a comment about rehearsing with his new band, whom he has shared the stage with only once before. Many people are taking this last hint as a reference to the October 12, 2001 concert in Chicago, when Richard joined STONE TEMPLE PILOTS on stage to perform the FILTER classic "Hey Man, Nice Shot".

Official site of record label Elektra Music Group: Elektra Records, Fueled By Ramen, Roadrunner, Low Country Sound, Black Cement, Public Consumption, DTA Records
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

...a month ago...
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

When's that album coming out?

I can't wait. :0

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Ray's been with Dave since 1998.

A class act and a great drummer.

Hope he does well with STP.

As for Dave, guess he needs a drummer now.

Maybe he should call Alexander?

=V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Dave has hired a drummer. Von mentioned it on 8/26. i only say that so when Warf goes on his next "late night Google search and post old news" binge, i can say "i told you so."
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• moose
            Veteran
            • Mar 2004

Ray Luzier is a class act, met him in Sarnia and he gave props to both this site and DDLR.com..............

He also went on to thank all the members for givin Dave the support we all do!

Good Luck Ray!!

Comment

• spmusicplyr
              Foot Soldier
              • May 2004

i met him at a dlr show HOB in san diego...nicest guy...
              Got beef with my comments? Blow me!

Comment

• BrownSound1
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Mar 2003

Ray appreciates the DLR fans a lot. He hopes to work with Dave in the future as well. Ray really struggled with the decision to leave Dave, but a man's got to do what a man's got to do.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Ray is a great guy and madman drummer!!

Warf needs to get with the program on current events...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Polk High
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

I wish he weren't leaving, but I wish him well, he has been there for a while. However, when a band can't make new material or continues to do the same setlist of course he's gonna get tired
                    We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Good, maybe Dave's new drummer will be good...

Brian should leave as well...

Comment

• VonHalen
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jul 2005

cant wait to hear the new stuff

Comment

• ritetoolforjob
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2005

moving on to a potential real rock band, not a nostalgia act. dave should join the balding beachboy regime.

Comment

• NathanRay
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ritetoolforjob
                            moving on to a potential real rock band, not a nostalgia act. dave should join the balding beachboy regime.
                            yeah right that filter song "hey man nice shot" was a frikkin classic!!!!!!

Filter fuckin sucked. rock band more like Oh shit hurry gotta sign a grunge act. It would be cool if they could transform into a potential real rock band. But with filter's mumbled ass songs I don't think real.

You should join the micropenile support group. Sammy hosts it tuesday night in his "Stalls Only" Cantina.
                            "It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band — who are only performing because they have some new record coming out — do our music," Roth said. "I have nothing against Velvet Revolver — I'm not familiar with their music — but that was my 3 minutes and 22 seconds up there."
                            Roth Keeps it REEEEAL

Originally posted by Antman
                            Fuck Alex Van Halen. That mongoloid Mr. Spock looking mother fucker.

Comment

• Brett
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I'm no Filter fan, but "Hey Man Nice Shot" is a cool tune.

Comment

Working...