PDA

View Full Version : Fuck Van Halen.... bring back the EAT EM' AND SMILE BAND!!!!

WARF
09-06-2005, 12:22 AM
Fuck Van Halen... I want an EAT EM AND SMILE REUNION!!!

WARF
09-06-2005, 12:28 AM
Sheehan on Roth!

Q: Anyway, so you moved on from Talas to David Lee Roth!?

BS: Yeah, Dave called me in the summer of '85, and I was gone.

Q: Was it just from knowing you from Talas?

BS: Yeah. Actually, Van Halen came to see Talas when they had a night off the night before they played in Buffalo, in about '82. And then , of course we opened for Van Halen for about 40 shows. I must have seen them with Dave about 60 times.

Q: So, you're a big Van Halen fan?

BS: Oh Yeah!

Q: What did you think of them post-Dave?

BS: I don't know, uhm, I was just so used to them with Dave that it was hard for me to get into them without him.

Q: Any stories or recollections from that phase of your career?

BS: Well, it was just pretty amazing to get the call from David Lee Roth because I always said I'd never leave Talas unless Van Halen asked me to join, so when Dave called I said "well - that's close enough! I'll go!" ha ha. So I joined up with him, and it was fun, it was a blast! We had a great time - the "Eat 'Em & Smile" album and tour was just so awesome.

Q: I read your quotes in Metal Edge after Dave had announced that the original line-up would get back together, and you weren't too pleased then.

BS: Well no, just because he made an announcement like that without telling us. ha ha. He should find out if we were gonna do it first before he made the announcement. And we just kind of looked silly like that, and I just felt kind of bad for the fans, because I got a lot of e-mails going "All right - we can't wait", and sorry - but we never even discussed it.

Read the rest of the interview here!

http://www.travellersintime.com/uw/billysh.htm

Romeo Delight
09-06-2005, 01:22 AM
Roth with Sheehan and Vai was wicked, but better than Van Fucking Halen?

C'mon...Name me one DLR song better than Unchained or On Fire

philouze
09-06-2005, 04:34 AM
HOT DOG AND A FUCKIN SHAKE !!!!!!!!!!

Let's get them reunited....

Dirty Duck
09-06-2005, 10:18 AM
There is probley a better shot at that happening! I agree...

WARF
09-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by DavidFlamma
Roth with Sheehan and Vai was wicked, but better than Van Fucking Halen?

C'mon...Name me one DLR song better than Unchained or On Fire

I never said EEAS is better than CVH.

I think Dave is more capable of making a better record with this band than Van Halen.... in this point in time.

Eddie lost it.

He lost it years ago.... his new material.... TWO SONGS... which was to be like what... enough material to make 13 albums??

It sounded like crap.

Dave is better off without these washed-up... uninspired musicians!

BRING BACK THE EEAS BAND!!!!!!

WARF
09-06-2005, 02:07 PM
What would you rather have....

A disapointing Classic Van Halen album or....

An EEAS album that exceeds your expectations?

DR CHIP
09-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Absolutely....EEAS band would be able to create music...

Van Halen would just be a mess if there was a reunion....

Anyway, Vai kicks Ed's ass and Sheehan kicks Anthony's ass and Bissonette kicks Al's ass....bring on EEAS!!!!

WARF
09-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Who wants a contrived Van Halen reunion?

I fucking don't!

Atleast you can count on a EEAS being authentic... cuz there is no bitter feelings towards each other.

Mr. Big broke up a couple years ago.

Why not put out an album in the style of the DLR BAND... with better musicians.... and better yet.... BRING BACK TED TEMPLEMAN!!!!

WARF
09-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Who wants a contrived Van Halen reunion?

I fucking don't!

Atleast you can count on a EEAS being authentic... cuz there is no bitter feelings towards each other.

Mr. Big broke up a couple years ago.

Why not put out an album in the style of the DLR BAND... with better musicians.... and better yet.... BRING BACK TED TEMPLEMAN!!!!

WARF
09-06-2005, 02:14 PM
I'm done with Van Halen!

Yeah, there is nothing better than a CVH reunion.

And we will get one.... one day... at the rock n' roll hall of fame.

But why not reunite EEAS?

WARF
09-06-2005, 02:15 PM
And fuck it.... if we can't have a EEAS reunion.

Hire David Lee Roth for Mr. Big... and bring Steve Vai along!!!

WARF
09-06-2005, 02:24 PM
Or how about David Lee Roth joins Van Halen... and fires Eddie, and mikey.... and hires vai, sheehan and Tommy Lee....

guitarboy5150
09-06-2005, 03:00 PM
then that would mean alex would still be in the band...but i think u meant to say him also

Nickdfresh
09-06-2005, 03:18 PM
I'd love to see it.

I wonder if there was any talk of joining for a summer tour since STEVE and BILLY went out on the road together in late spring did they not?

bueno bob
09-06-2005, 04:13 PM
I can't fucking stand Steve Vai as a guitarist, so my vote is no.

DR CHIP
09-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Bob...

What don't ya like about little Stevie Vai?

bueno bob
09-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP
Bob...

What don't ya like about little Stevie Vai?

Mostly his tone, note selection, style of playing...I don't know, he's a rather distinctive player, but I've never been a big fan of Steve Vai, and I've been pretty open about that here since post #1 (or maybe #3, I don't remember now).

I liked the album he did with Alcatrazz (I believe it was "Disturbing the Peace"), but defeating that I've never been a big Steve Vai fan...

Ever notice that everyone he plays with goes to shit after he leaves, though? Alcatrazz broke up one lackluster album later...David's sales post Vai hit the crapper...Whitesnake crashed and burned...I think Steve Vai is almost a kiss of death for anyone he plays with, judging by his history... :)

No offense to any of the above mentioned bands/artists, either.

Vinnie Velvet
09-06-2005, 04:58 PM
To each their own, Bob.

But I think Steve Vai is one of the greatest guitar players around.

I mean, he can surely blow away Eddie circa 2005, no doubt.

And he and Dave had a great chemistry in terms of writing songs.

But I'm not sure if any NEW material can be recorded between Dave, Steve, Billy and Greg Bissonette.

Vai is so out there in terms of his musical direction that being with Dave again, he may feel stuck in performing and writing music to fit Dave's style.

I don't know.

I would fer sure love to see them live again.

I remember seeing them in '86 -- what a kick ass show that was!

ZahZoo
09-06-2005, 05:16 PM
WARF should we just leave you alone here to discuss this with yourselves?

Nickdfresh
09-06-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
WARF should we just leave you alone here to discuss this with yourselves?

LMAO:D

WARF
09-07-2005, 03:08 PM
Fuck Van Halen!

They are a bunch of washed-up motherfuckers!!!

WARF
09-07-2005, 04:29 PM
Bring back Ted Templeman... he is still alive!!!!

http://www.rcr.com/images/celebs/mando_ted_templeman.jpg

bueno bob
09-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
To each their own, Bob.

But I think Steve Vai is one of the greatest guitar players around.

I mean, he can surely blow away Eddie circa 2005, no doubt.

And he and Dave had a great chemistry in terms of writing songs.

But I'm not sure if any NEW material can be recorded between Dave, Steve, Billy and Greg Bissonette.

Vai is so out there in terms of his musical direction that being with Dave again, he may feel stuck in performing and writing music to fit Dave's style.

I don't know.

I would fer sure love to see them live again.

I remember seeing them in '86 -- what a kick ass show that was!

Oh, there's no denying that he's a grate guitarist, honestly. I'm just not a really big fan of him and he greats on me after a short amount of time. In terms of songwriting alone, he and Dave worked together well, I agree. I guess I'm more preferential to Ed and Dave at the end of the day, but...apples and oranges, whichever... :)

2005? Hands down, Steve would murderlate Ed with extreme prejudice...of that, there's little (if any) question...

Personally, I'm just not a real Steve Vai fan...I will say this, he was a better fit with David than Yngwie would have been...had Yngwie accepted the job offer, that might have been pretty interesting, though.

zeronumber
09-07-2005, 05:56 PM
I second the no vote...mostly because a van halen reunion would be something much more worthy to see. dave could have the best musicans in the world next to him, and make an albulm and go on tour, you think that's going to bring any more attendess to his shows? You'd think anybody other than the roth tards will care?
You get a cvh reunion...everybody cares.

EEAS can happen any day of the week. A Cvh reunion hasn't come for over 20 years.

If CVH got back together, and made an albulm and tour that sounded like complete shit, then fine...At least some of us have closure...then by all means, persue a eeas reunion.

I don't think many of us would deny that a eeas reunion would be in some ways impressive, but some of us would like to see cvh get back together one last time, and see if it was worth it.

shaggydoo
09-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by WARF
What would you rather have....

A disapointing Classic Van Halen album or....

An EEAS album that exceeds your expectations?

WARF you have a singularly focused mind, for which I admire. I fear a train wreck with a forced/contrived Van Halen reunion, but the idea of an EEAS reunion just has a good feeling about it. Problem however Vai probably thinks himself too high and mighty these days for Dave.

There must be a heap of concert recorded material (both audio and video). Would a live EEAS cd or DVD satisfy you?

WARF
09-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by shaggydoo
WARF you have a singularly focused mind, for which I admire. I fear a train wreck with a forced/contrived Van Halen reunion, but the idea of an EEAS reunion just has a good feeling about it. Problem however Vai probably thinks himself too high and mighty these days for Dave.

There must be a heap of concert recorded material (both audio and video). Would a live EEAS cd or DVD satisfy you?

If Sheehan doesn't have a problem with it... then Vai would follow closely behind!

I already have a bunch of EEAS boots, I want a brand new EEAS Band album... with barely any covers.

TheManWithNoName
09-09-2005, 06:46 PM
TMR lives.

I guess we all can say that TMR transcends the site now EH?

He used to get crucified WARF for the same things you are saying now.

It's funny how most everyone is on the other side of the fence eh?

degüello
09-11-2005, 12:53 AM
The EEAS band sounded like pure shit playing the VH classics.

As someone else said (can't remember who): "Three words- keyboards on 'Unchained.'" :D

bueno bob
09-11-2005, 12:10 PM
I'll second that...the keyboards on Unchained were a fucking awful idea...should have been nixed from jump street...

Loons The Great
09-11-2005, 12:52 PM
It's Eat 'Em and Smile time again...well...WELL...WELLAH...it might work if the drummah isn't sportin' that mullet that outdid even Mikey's:D...ya'll think them Eat 'Em and Smile cats could soup up somethin' like Me Wise Magic??...or Thug Pop:D...