X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacksmar
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Attention KISS ARMY

Take this for what you will as it a rumor.
    There is a KISS concert Saturday September 10, 2005.
    This concert features the 4 original members of KISS.
    It is for Honda employees only.
    Honda has six different Honda facilities in west Central Ohio.

My take:
    If it works with the guys again on this special concert, expect 30-40 US Dates in Dynasty years outfits and it’s over.

A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder
  • DLR_EngineRoom
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar

My take:
    If it works with the guys again on this special concert, expect 30-40 US Dates in Dynasty years outfits and it’s over.

Links....I need links.....links please......
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Re: Attention KISS ARMY

My take:

Likely: a KISS concert for Honda employees (for whatever reason).

Very UNlikely: the original 4 members (that would mean Ace and Peter included) performing.

If it does happen, expect it to be KISS-fakes Tommy Thayer (as Ace) and Eric Singer (as Peter) dressing up as the Catman and Spaceman once again.

Also, don't expect KISS to bring out the Dynasty outfits again. While I think they're cool, Paul Stanley dismissed them as too Vegasy or too Disney-like.
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

No WAY they'll EVER don the Dynasty outfits again.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
          No WAY they'll EVER don the Dynasty outfits again.
          Yeah.

But they were cool, at least Gene and Ace's were.

=V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

=V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
              Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Seems to me KISS has done this a couple of times recently and it's always been with Tommy Thayer in the Ace paint. I cannot see Ace ever returning. And I can't see Peter ever being allowed to come back.

Peter pisses me off....He was nowhere before the reunion, and he was complaining how he was tired of playing little shithole clubs and loved being back in arenas with KISS..then he starts whining about wanting more money, and where is he now? He had pretty much lost it as a drummer, as anyone who saw the last couple of tours with him saw.

Ace has always been Ace. Showed up to record when he felt like it. Many times his guitar parts were played by Paul, Gene or some session guy. I love KISS, so it was a blow to read in the notes for the box set, how Ace and Peter weren't always much of a part of the band during the mid-years.
              Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I liked the Dynasty era outfits, except for Peters...ugh! Sure beat the Elder outfits.
                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• jacksmar
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I can't link. Sorry. This was a private phone conversation.

The real rumor here is that if this show works out between the orginal 4 members they MIGHT tour for the last time.

One last rumor: Singer was given his walking papers after asking for payment and back payments of said services.

THis IS ALL hearsay.
                  I really apologize for not having more.

The DYNASTY outfit tour is purely my speculation.

To verify this rumor, I'm trying to reach someone in Bobby Rahal's race shop. That's all I have.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                    Seems to me KISS has done this a couple of times recently and it's always been with Tommy Thayer in the Ace paint. I cannot see Ace ever returning. And I can't see Peter ever being allowed to come back.

Peter pisses me off....He was nowhere before the reunion, and he was complaining how he was tired of playing little shithole clubs and loved being back in arenas with KISS..then he starts whining about wanting more money, and where is he now? He had pretty much lost it as a drummer, as anyone who saw the last couple of tours with him saw.

Ace has always been Ace. Showed up to record when he felt like it. Many times his guitar parts were played by Paul, Gene or some session guy. I love KISS, so it was a blow to read in the notes for the box set, how Ace and Peter weren't always much of a part of the band during the mid-years.
                    While Peter is not the drummer he once was in the 70s, he can still play well.

I heard boots of Eric Singer playing on the 2004 rock the nation tour and its nothing spectacular. In fact, he played better when he was initially in the band from 1992-1995.

Ace, as you said, is Ace.

During the shows, Ace played great.

I can see Gene and Paul bringing back Ace moreso than Peter though.

Because since it wouldn't look so bad since Eric is behind the drumkit.
                    =V V=
                    ole No.1 The finest
                    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I can't link. Sorry. This was a private phone conversation.

The real rumor here is that if this show works out between the orginal 4 members they MIGHT tour for the last time.

One last rumor: Singer was given his walking papers after asking for payment and back payments of said services.

THis IS ALL hearsay.
                      I really apologize for not having more.

The DYNASTY outfit tour is purely my speculation.

To verify this rumor, I'm trying to reach someone in Bobby Rahal's race shop. That's all I have.
                      Hmmm.

Well, not sure about the Singer thing.

He was just recently interviewed at kissonline. But of course that was a few months ago.

And Thayer still has his own website up, clearly depicting himself as the 'spaceman'.

Also, while I can see a one-off show, Paul Stanley is currently finishing his solo album and rumour has it that he may take it on a mini-tour with his own band.
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• jacksmar
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Spaceman. LOL!!!!

Well no one at the race shop can confirm for me so, I’ll just assume that the whole thing is a rumor. The race shop said that they were more focused on a race in Chicago, for some reason.

I have one more source for KISS info and he hasn’t gotten back either. So for now………

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Spaceman. LOL!!!!

Well no one at the race shop can confirm for me so, I’ll just assume that the whole thing is a rumor. The race shop said that they were more focused on a race in Chicago, for some reason.

I have one more source for KISS info and he hasn’t gotten back either. So for now………
                          Okay.

I'll take this for now.

=V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                            Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                            While Peter is not the drummer he once was in the 70s, he can still play well.

I heard boots of Eric Singer playing on the 2004 rock the nation tour and its nothing spectacular. In fact, he played better when he was initially in the band from 1992-1995.

Ace, as you said, is Ace.

During the shows, Ace played great.

I can see Gene and Paul bringing back Ace moreso than Peter though.

Because since it wouldn't look so bad since Eric is behind the drumkit.
                            Just saw Singer play with Alice Cooper in Toronto and he sounded pretty strong.

Ace always plays well, when he does play.
                            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                              Veteran
                              • Apr 2004

Fuck Kiss, they suck.
                              http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                              Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                              Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

Working...