PDA

View Full Version : Which band is better, Metallica or AC/DC?

Dave IS VH
09-08-2005, 05:39 AM
ok, lets try this one, which band do you like better Metallica or AC/DC?

Unchainme
09-08-2005, 06:46 AM
AC Fucking DC. At least they don't sue there fucking fans.

Jérôme Frenchise
09-08-2005, 07:01 AM
I'll always prefer AC/DC by far, but they're apples and oranges, so there's no better IMO. At least I can say AC/DC suits me way better...

Jahuli
09-08-2005, 07:11 AM
i havent actually heard much Meatallica , but i'm goin to have to say AC/DC, especially cause im Australian!

Last_Child
09-08-2005, 08:45 AM
AC/DC!!
Forever!

DLR_EngineRoom
09-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Dave IS VH
ok, lets try this one, which band do you like better Metallica or AC/DC?

Not many bands, in any musical dept, are worse than Metallica.

That said, not many bands, in any musical dept, are better than AC/DC.

Hope this answers your question.

Rikk
09-08-2005, 05:56 PM
METALLICA. Great fucking band. And at least they don't just sit and make the same album over and over again.

AC/DC hasn't made a decent album since BACK IN BLACK. With Bon, they were amazing. Without him, they absolutely suck.

weesfreewheelin
09-08-2005, 06:10 PM
AC/DC. No contest. Next!

Mr. Vengeance
09-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
METALLICA. Great fucking band. And at least they don't just sit and make the same album over and over again.

AC/DC hasn't made a decent album since BACK IN BLACK. With Bon, they were amazing. Without him, they absolutely suck.

Oh please....AC/DC is the best! You obviously haven't listened to them since Back in Black, which by the way, didn't have Bon, and obviously didn't suck.

Bon was the best, but Brian Johnson is one of the very few examples of a singer who was able to fill in and the band not suck!

krcampbell
09-08-2005, 07:28 PM

That's the fucking dumbest thing I've ever heard. They were amazing with Bon, no doubt. But Brian Johnson is still great with that band. For Those About To Rock, Flick of the Switch, Razor's Edge, and Stiff Upper Lip are all very, very good albums.

Metallica should stick to making the "same album over and over again" if St. Anger is the end product of change. I like Metallica, but I love AC-DC. Angus Young has been playing circles around Kirk "Where's My Mascara" Hammett for years.

muffinman14
09-08-2005, 08:02 PM
AC/DC is so much cooler in every catagory imaginable that it is really difficult for me to compare the two.

SammySucks1984
09-08-2005, 08:22 PM
AC DC is much better. You have to be on crack to think otherwise.

DLR_EngineRoom
09-09-2005, 11:59 AM

Maybe they would be great if they DID make the same album (black album - their LEAST worst release) over and over again.

fe_lung
09-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Can't really compare these two. Both were great once, but no longer.
AC/DC with Bon Scott, Metallica with Cliff Burton.

Rikk
09-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by krcampbell
That's the fucking dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Gee, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I don't share your opinion. I'll make sure I send you a million more retarded opinions.

Cunt, I could give a fuck if you think FLY ON THE WALL, STIFF UPPER LIP or BALLBREAKER are ground-breaking rock 'n' roll. Me? I find 'em fuckin' boring. If I ever turn my radio on and hear THUNDERSTRUCK or HARD AS A ROCK again, I'm going to throw up. Those songs are boring FM shite compared to LET THERE BE ROCK or SIN CITY.

ST. ANGER? Loved it. Good album. Sounds like nothing ever released by any bad, but very ferocious...takes chances. AC/DC? They have a vocalist that doesn't even write any of his own songs anymore...the brothers even write his lyrics. They haven't written a decent tune in years...and certainly nothing that measures up to DIRTY DEEDS, NIGHT PROWLER, JAILBREAK or any number of classics. I find Johnson mediocre. Doesn't even compare to the genius of Scott.

Now fuck off, little man.

Rikk
09-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
Maybe they would be great if they DID make the same album (black album - their LEAST worst release) over and over again.

Fuck that. The Black Album was the album ready-made for dumb 80s rock fans that love a commercial hook and don't like much arrangement in their music. It's my least favorite Metallica album.

At least they have more integrity in that they make the music THEY want to instead of simply producing the same thing over and over again.

Rikk
09-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by SammySucks1984
AC DC is much better. You have to be on crack to think otherwise.

Funny, I've never been on crack. I thought this was free opinion.

Rikk
09-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Oh please....AC/DC is the best! You obviously haven't listened to them since Back in Black, which by the way, didn't have Bon, and obviously didn't suck.

Bon was the best, but Brian Johnson is one of the very few examples of a singer who was able to fill in and the band not suck!

LMFAO. Pretty passionate here, ain't ya?

I own BACK IN BLACK. Got it in BONFIRE. Yes, it has Brian Johnson. In fact, the music was written before Bon died, not that he had anything to do with it. Furthermore, I own FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK, FLY ON THE WALL, WHO MADE WHO, BLOW UP YOUR VIDEO, RAZOR'S EDGE, LIVE, BALLBREAKER and STIFF UPPER LIP. And guess what? I can't listen to 'em anymore. The only one I can still put on with him singing is BACK IN BLACK. After that, they lost their edge. To me, AC/DC without Bon is almost (though not quite) as diluted as VH without Dave.

"Obviously didn't listen..." LMFAO. Some people really freak out if one doesn't share their views. I should start Bon Scott-only AC/DC Sheep Pen.:p

Dan
09-10-2005, 12:17 AM
AC/DC ROCKS.

UGS
09-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Both bands were equally influencial and dominant in their respective fields of hard rock during their heydays.

St. Anger could've been a great album, had it not been so repetitive. Instead, I find it hard to listen to. Seven minute songs, unless they are epics, are quite boring. Who wants to hear the same chorus 8 times in a song?

SammySucks1984
09-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by fe_lung
Can't really compare these two. Both were great once, but no longer.
AC/DC with Bon Scott, Metallica with Cliff Burton.

AC/DC is just as good with brian Johnson as with Bon scott maybe even better

Rikk
09-10-2005, 10:36 AM

Funny, but I just don't agree. With Brian Johnson, they became beyond repetitive and utterly uncreative.

With Bon Scott, every song was exciting and different.

franksters
09-10-2005, 11:20 AM
I believe that they are so different there is no comparison possible...

I love ACDC, and I also enjoy METALICA a lot, I guess it's a question of where your at and what your doing.

Loons The Great
09-10-2005, 03:31 PM
AC/DC by a country mile...onliest metallica I can stand is Garage Inc....Whiskey In The Jar-o...

Soul Reaper
09-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Brian Johnson sounds a lot like Bon Scott...in my opinion...but still, Back in Black was a great album....even if Bon Scott era was better....

Metallica....great until Black Album....didn't really like St.Anger....even though it was different to their other albums...their early albums were great....Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets...metal classics....if you want metal MASTERPIECES, look for Megadeth or Opeth....

FasterPussycat
09-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Metallica all the way, baby!!

Soul Reaper
09-11-2005, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by FasterPussycat
Metallica all the way, baby!!

yeah, that's because you love sell outs, like Van Hagar

Dave's Bitch
09-11-2005, 01:47 PM
love ACDC but i Love old Metallica more

Rikk
09-11-2005, 07:08 PM
PUSSYCAT, that's one fucking twisted signature.

Soul Reaper
09-12-2005, 11:18 AM
it reflects her personality....

Dave's Bitch
09-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom

LOL thats funny

fe_lung
09-12-2005, 08:08 PM

I know that Brian has his fans, I'm just not one of them. They bore me after Highway to Hell.

degüello
09-12-2005, 09:17 PM
AC/DC. No contest.

Dirty Duck
09-13-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm with ROCKSTAR on that one...AC fuckin DC. Fuck metallica

Dirty Duck
09-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Any band that cranks out good old fuckin' rock n roll without having to bow down to corporate america is OK in my book.

bastardog
09-13-2005, 04:42 PM
If I only count Metallica until "And Justice for all" I surely have to say Metallica is the best Metal ever.........but from the black album to the present they soldout and release just shit (including that black album and his Enter Sadman shit)
So with all the sorriness I have to say AC/DC is by far better that those soldouts.
(At least AC/DC is true in their style and not trying shit music)
METALLICA STINK!!!!!

VonHalen
09-15-2005, 05:09 PM
AC/DC no question