• Show
Clear All
  • Fairwrning
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Panthers offer tickets to New Orleans evacuees

Panthers offer tickets to New Orleans evacuees
    ESPN.com news services

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Carolina Panthers are giving 350 tickets to Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints to Hurricane Katrina evacuees.

The tickets will be distributed to evacuees who are registered with the Red Cross at the Charlotte Coliseum. The Panthers are also giving out $10 food vouchers for each person to use at the game.

The tickets came out of the players' allotments and the unused portion that the Saints returned.

Don't get me wrong...this is cool and all..but,really, how many of these folks are really gonna care about a football game right now??
    And a $10 dollar food voucher??!! are you serious??!! That will probably buy half a hot dog...
    DONATE SOME HARD CASH!!!!!!!
    or did they do that as well??
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

It's the thought that counts bro....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I think after the hellish two weeks that these people have endured, a little normalcy of a football game will be welcomed. Kind of like FDR asking Landis to make sure baseball survived WWII...an 'escape' for peoples minds...if only for a little while...
      Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• blueturk
        Veteran
        • Jul 2004

I'm a Panthers fan, but TEN DOLLARS?! That won't do much at Erick..I mean Bank Of America stadium. You would need 20 for 2 hot dogs and 2 drinks. Nice thought, but give these people enough money to last for 4 hours...
        Last edited by blueturk; 09-09-2005, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I have a feeling those people won't want to see the inside of a stadium for a while, if they were in that Hellish nightmare at the Superdome.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...