PDA

View Full Version : The Real Reason EVH left Peavey

Don Corleone
09-10-2005, 11:18 AM
For legal reasons I cannot name the person I have spoken to here, or tell you were we spoke:

This conversation comes direct from the mouth of a person quite high up in the company (Peavey) that I had the privilage of meeting and dining with earlier on today (it's amazing what who you can meet through networking)

"When EVH heard that we had signed Joe Satriani he basically threw a huge hissy fit and took the huff, especially when he heard that the Satriani amp was planned to replace the 5150 as the companies hi end amplifier. Not long after, he decided that renewing his contract would not be in his best interest"

Later on in our conversation (and after a few more glasses of wine) this little gem was dilivered:

"Of course you know that originally Ed was going to make his signature amp with Soldano, Hartley offered him more money, so he took the design he came up with along with Soldano and walked"

We also discussed the Charvel deal (apparently this was Ed's attempt at being petulant and also to try to get more money from Peavey to stop him walking - finacially this was not a viable option for the company at the present time)

Big Fat Sammy
09-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Very interesting.

I thought that Peavey was basically letting him go cause he was inactive.

BrownSound1
09-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Well, I'll be honest and say I'm glad he isn't playing Peaveys anymore. He certainly did Peavey more good than they did him, IMO. I mean who here honestly thinks that Ed's tone was better using a Peavey, than it was when he was using an old Marshall Super Lead?

theicecreamman
09-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the info. 5 stars for getting the details.

Nitro Express
09-10-2005, 06:24 PM
I thought that it might be that the Peavey Wolfgang EXP models were made in Korea and Ed always insisted that his gear be US made. Peavey has lost nothing, Ed is a hasbeen. Eddie Van Halen did make the company more credable with rock musicians. Peavey to me was always a country/western company that never understood the rock market.

But holy fuck, give me a good Marshall anyday. I've tried so many amps and many are good but a good Marshall is still the shit.

Don Corleone
09-11-2005, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I thought that it might be that the Peavey Wolfgang EXP models were made in Korea and Ed always insisted that his gear be US made.

The Korean idea was okayed with Ed as a way of upping production and bringing in (both him and the company) more cash.

The overall impression I got from the conversation (and the Charvels support this) is that Eddie is a complete cash whore.

BrownSound1
09-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Which is why you would think he would be knocking on Dave's door...potential to make an ASSLOAD of money.

Don Corleone
09-11-2005, 12:54 PM
True, but with Ed and Al as dysfunctional as they are at the minute would Dave want any part of it?

They're actually a murmour going around that the sisters aren't even on speaking terms at the minute.

BlimpyCHIMP™
09-26-2005, 10:41 PM
.. BECAUSE

Matt White
09-27-2005, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by BlimpyCHIMP™
.. BECAUSE

Because Al didn't punch CATFISH when Cat told AL that EVH is too drunk to play anymore!!!

HA!!!

Don Corleone
09-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Close, Ed's excessive drinking (and being too drunk to play).