300 Miles Per gallon....info the Oil Companies have known for almost 80 years...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

300 Miles Per gallon....info the Oil Companies have known for almost 80 years...

• Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Found another page with a ton of interesting info concerning 200 mpg carburators...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Interesting stuff. But if I'm not mistaken, the author of the web page seems to have managed to have had every one of his texts mentioning "50-200 mpg carburetors" stolen or lost.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

That is all bullshit...

Comment

• Satan
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Not when you consider that the oil industry has been involved in every Republican administration since WWII, and at least one of the Demoncratic administrations (LBJ)
          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• DR CHIP
            Foot Soldier
            • Jan 2004

The Gov't runs the oil industry, not the other way around....

Comment

• knuckleboner
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

if somebody knew how to do 300 mpg cars for DECADES, then guess what? it'd come out.

if you can write a book about it, you can build a car.

so build it. it would sell like hotcakes. (see: hybrids, which, are decent, but not overwhelming gas mileage improvements.)

after all, if the government is surpressing the prior inventions, then that means no patents. i can apply for one. and if i'm denied, i go on the talk shows. not with my patent, but with the actual, working car. and i say, "hey, i have this great car, but can't get a patent."

why hasn't anybody done this?

my guess would be because such an engine is not quite so simple to build.

or because the conspiracy overshadows every single inventor in the world. i suppose that's a possibility, too...

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

I'm a good hobbyist mechanic...

Any engine mechanic can tell you that 200 and 300 mpg cars are an impossible dream...

Comment

• DR CHIP
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

Any engine mechanic can tell you that 200 and 300 mpg cars are an impossible dream...
                  But isn't that what liberals do?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Satan
                    Not when you consider that the oil industry has been involved in every Republican administration since WWII, and at least one of the Demoncratic administrations (LBJ)
                    I know you spend a lot of time there but the US isn't the only cuntry in the world.

If these things could be made 80 years ago then some Jap, German on British guy would have built one by now.

Cheers!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Yeah. I remember simular articles in the 1970's during the OPEC oil embargo.

An internal combustion engine is only about 12% efficient. Guess where the rest of the energy goes? Heat. It's lost because it goes to heat.

I don't care what kind of carburation you have and what is more efficienct than electronic fuel injection? Hey you can hit those mileage figures if you ride an efficient motorcycle.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

I agree....There's no feasible way to get the energy out of a gallon of gas.

The real issue is the new shitty federal standards enacted by the BUSH Admin, which could end up increasing the size of vehicles, and hence the demand for oil since the upper part of the six-classes of trucks/SUVs are immune to any sort of mpg standard, and the average mpg rating each car company had to maintain will be essentially chucked.

But on the upside, the new HONDA Civic hybrid gets 50mpg highway or city...

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          But on the upside, the new HONDA Civic hybrid gets 50mpg highway or city...
                          And you can look like a fag driving that shriner car down the fucking road!
                          http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
                            And you can look like a fag driving that shriner car down the fucking road!
                            Is that on your "cruising" list?

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

I thought I heard that Japan have cars that can get 75 mpg. I dunno....

Anyway, i know for a fact that the Volkswagen Jetta Diesel 1999 - 2004 gets 50mpg, which is about 700 miles per tank, which in and of iteslf is highly impressive. Oddly enough the new ones get about 37mpg.

BTW there is a kit that can be put on these Diesel Jetta's so they can run on biodiesel or cooking oil. I think the mileage is better too.

Fuel efficiency standards do need to be increased so all cars get better mileage.

As far as hybrids go, I remember reading an articel in which if you added an extra 18 battery packs to the hybrid with a specail kit that it could get 250mpg. I am not sure of this though.

Comment

Working...