will dave ever be better than he was during 1994?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roth Renegade
    Groupie
    • Sep 2005

will dave ever be better than he was during 1994?

Dave spent the early years of his career, with van halen and an mediocre guitar player, then he became great and his talents were finally showcased on EEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But dave really hit his peak, in 1994 when he put out a album that shocked the entire world, an album so great eddie van halen wishes he could make an album this good.........................

YOUR FILTHY LITTLE MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave looked so great during that tour, and I met him backstage alongside his drummer ron wikso, who is a total class act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ron wikso is a great drummer, and could realy teach alex a thing or two, cuz he plays with so much passion, and for the love of the music........................... something that alex doesn't!!!!!!!!!!!!

sometimes i get depressed, thinking dave will never make another album as good as yflm, listen to your breathin it, and it captures the spirit of dlr for naked steaming eyes and ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • katie
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Roth Renegade
    Dave spent the early years of his career, with van halen and an mediocre guitar player, then he became great and his talents were finally showcased on EEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But dave really hit his peak, in 1994 when he put out a album that shocked the entire world, an album so great eddie van halen wishes he could make an album this good.........................

YOUR FILTHY LITTLE MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave looked so great during that tour, and I met him backstage alongside his drummer ron wikso, who is a total class act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ron wikso is a great drummer, and could realy teach alex a thing or two, cuz he plays with so much passion, and for the love of the music........................... something that alex doesn't!!!!!!!!!!!!

sometimes i get depressed, thinking dave will never make another album as good as yflm, listen to your breathin it, and it captures the spirit of dlr for naked steaming eyes and ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shame not enough people bought it.

I bet Warners wouldn't agree with you

Comment

• rustoffa
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Travis Jackson cuntpletely fucked up that record. BTW, your sarcastic abilities suck big green donkey dicks.

Comment

• Dave IS VH

YFLM bombed!!, I loved the Album myself, but the album didn't do that well.

Dave hasn't really had any susses, since "skyscraper"

Comment

• Dirty Duck
          Sniper
          • Aug 2005

I understood that he wanted to branch out and do different styles,etc...but even though I like the album..it's hard to swallow for some people. To be honest I think he should just stick with his roots and come out with guns muthafuckin blazin...

Comment

• thome
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Mar 2005

I dont think Dave branches out as a on purpose thing i think he grows
            and does what he feels.

Lets do what we are, not lets do what we were.My OP

Comment

• Dirty Duck
              Sniper
              • Aug 2005

I will say this though...SHE'sMY MACHINE's vocals are pretty bad. Too bad ...cool song..wish he'd redo it.

Comment

• thome
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Mar 2005

Monday mornin quarterback in the house.

Comment

• Dirty Duck
                  Sniper
                  • Aug 2005

I see where you're coming from man..i really do but I would rather have another hard rocking album then a cover album? See where I'm coming from. I think a lot of people here would agree. It's Just how I feel soldier.

Comment

• thome
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dirty Duck
                    I see where you're coming from man..i really do but I would rather have another hard rocking album then a cover album? See where I'm coming from. I think a lot of people here would agree. It's Just how I feel soldier.
                    I like and respect your point but i like it all cause it grows its not the same farkin thing over and over again most band have hit song then 25 albums of the same sh@t .

I like daves voice and style of arrangements i dont care if he sings christmas songs

Its like being a sinatra fan for im a "roth voice fan"

I dont like the critisism he gets i think he blows the doors off everyone else all the best my brother.

Comment

• Dirty Duck
                      Sniper
                      • Aug 2005

I see where you're coming from..much respect my man.

Comment

• thome
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Mar 2005

If you look at the big picture maybe Rod Stewart is the only other
                        lead singer of a band who had any kind of career after and without
                        that band other than Dave.I could be simplifying it to much

Dave is a worthy entertainer not just some one shot jonny.

Ill bet his Vegas show would have been worth every penny
                        he can get back w Van Halen if he wants to to Id back him

Then go back to Vegas or tour w DLR Band .

If people pigeon hole you as just this or that well thats what a critic is.

Speaking of the Vegas gig Dave w about a ten piece band w lots of Brass is a good idea and i still don't know why it didn't work out?

Comment

• golden boy
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Nov 2004

I seen the vagas gig and I got it. He was having fun and did what he wanted not like Eddie and his managers. YFLM, I played the shit out of it and loved it. I think he tried to give you a picture of new york city through his eyes.
                          mark miles

Comment

• Starwood

Hi Alex. I knew you would post here sooner or later.

Comment

• ritetoolforjob
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2005

yflm was a pretty damn good album. i'd like to see dave take another shot at making new instead of playing the shit out of old vh numbers.

Comment

Working...