X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BALLYJUNKIE
    Head Fluffer
    • Nov 2004

Can Someone Please Save Rock-n-roll

WE NEED SOMEONE TO SAVE ROCK AND BAD !!! ....... ROCK IS SO DEAD , SOME OF THESE YOUNG KIDS UNDER 25 .. IM 38, DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT IS !!.... IM TIRED OF STOPPING AT A STOP LIGHT (AND IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT KIND OF NIEGHBORHOOD YOUR IN GOOD OR BAD )AND ALL YOUR HEAR IS THAT RAP CRAP ,NO ONE CRANKS UP GOOD ROCK ANYMORE , . IM TIRED OF THESE WANNA BEE WHITE BOYS TALKING LIKE THE GANSTA RAPPERS FROM THE GHETTO ,(ITS A DISGRACE ). , THERES ONLY ONE WAY ROCK -NROLL CAN BE SAVED ,LIKE VAN HALEN SAVED IT ,WHEN DISCO WAS KING . WE NEED A GREAT YOUNG ROCK BAND TO EMERGE AND LEAD THE WAY. THIS ROCK BAND NEEDS TO HAVE IT ALL TO BRING ROCK BACK TO THE FOREFRONT ... GREAT SONGS .... GREAT GUITAR PLAYER ..... GREAT IMAGE .... GREAT STAGE SHOW ...... WHO IS THIS BAND ?.... PLEASE SOMEONE SAVE ROCK-NROLL ,AND SEND THESE WANNA BE RAPPERS BACK TO THE GHETTO. .BACK TO WHERE THEY BELONG !!!!!!!!!!
  • Nario Lee Roth
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jul 2005

yes they can
    theres a lot of youngsters around my age who are in bands
    obviously theres a lot oh shit ones that just play their shitty punk or death metal wank
    but for the bands who play van halen type stuff its just impossible
    nobodys interested anymore

anyways
    i'll do my best to save rock n roll
    Nario Lee Roth
    XxX
    Love, Peace N Rock N' Roll
    Nario

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Reunion!

THAT would bring rock back!
      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• his2afd
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Sep 2004

youthful exuberance

hey man, im 21 living in Leeds in the UK. Ive been in bands for years and can tell ya there is a big rock thang coming soon, whether in a year or two I dont know but its on its way, theres a lot of young new hair bands coming out at the moment (bandwagon yawn) but there are bands doing it right, but you've gotta be original and fucking good!! otherwise the press here calls you a novelty act (ie darkness).

Myself Im in a band of 20 somethings at moment but I can tell we may get there, Ive seen a lot and the climate etc is changing over here. Im a HUGE Roth fan, always have been and that carries through with us regarding image, music everything; its fucking INCENDIARY (Everybody wants some-esque), but we also have modern guitar harmonies in places etc etc to give it an edge...

...This may not mean much to ya now but just lettin ya know the eruption is coming dude, do not fear, and Ill be riding that fire all the way man!!!

Comment

• Dirty Duck
          Sniper
          • Aug 2005

See... when I'm at a light in my 1970 Chevy Malibu and I have one of those Fast and furious fag cars next to me blasting hip hop. I crank out mutherfuckin Classic VH while givin em' that look that ROCK WILL NEVER DIE BIATCH!!!!!!!!!!! You're sooo right dude. Sick of that shit too..

Comment

• Dirty Duck
            Sniper
            • Aug 2005

Music today has about as much taste as Sammy Hagar's clothing...

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Pretty much given up on anyone with any amount of notoriety in the rock biz coming up with anything that's gonna 'save' rock and roll. Too many acts are busy selling out to MTV and VH1 reality shows, doing endless nostalgia tours and not coming up with any GOOD new shit, or are top 40 wannabes posing as punk rockers/hard rockers/nu metal/whatever.

It'll be something from someone you've never heard about before, who synthesizes the best of what has come before and puts an original twist on it. And will be revealed by word of mouth, hopefully remaining truthful long enough to put out a few decent records before being swallowed up, toned down, platicized and mass-produced to little Johnny and Susie down the block via some soulless conglomerate.

Hey, fuck it. I dare to dream.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Oh it'll be back! Once all them hoes die of AIDS from fuckin gangsta rappas dicks, then they're is gonna be a backlash. And once that happens, all them gangstas in your neighboor hood will be killed by the Hells Angels or some other biker gang, cause everyone will realize they're fakes. Hell, you think that Tupac was such a bad-ass muthafucka? Hell no! He went to ballet school in the in the 80's and fucked a guy in the ass while he was there, I shit you not, I read it in BLENDER magazine, but I forgot which issue it was. So you must have patience BALLYJUNKIE-san, rock will return!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

You can also blame clear channel, major record company pricks and MTV for shoving this shitty music down our throat. Thank god for the Internet! Or else rock really would have been fucked!

Comment

• stringfelowhawk
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2004

This is a true story!

I keep every Dave album except Diamond Dave (because I don't own it) in my cd player. I have every fuckin one on an mp3 disc so they all fit. I'm in school right now and have to drive 30 miles to and fro. I can go a whole week without hearing the same song twice and that kicks ass! I don't get to slow down cause its mostly interstate speed but when I'm at a light and some dumb ass is trying to rattle my windows I just turn up the Kenwood and drown that shit out with "Yankee Rose" or "A Little Ain't Enough"!
                    Anyway, back to the story I was talkin bout. I'm in a tech school at the moment for my new job and we do ALOT of lab time. We have two tvs in the lab that are hooked up to the instructors desk so he can demonstrate what we're gonna be doing before they turn us loose to do it. They are hooked up to cable so when we start our lab they turn the channel to drown out the tool noise. Today they were channel surfin and stopped on VH1 cause it had a "rock" song on. I have to say it was catchy. They didn't know who it was and neither did I. At my old job everyone would come to me when they couldn't remember or didn't know who was in what band or when the album came out etc.. I've been told several times my musical tastes and attitude toward "bandwagaon fans" was the inspiration for Jack Black in "High Fidelity". Of course I'm not but when someone tries to convince me Limp Bizycunt is a better band than Zepplin I go fuckin ballistic and spread my verbal wrath and gospel like a Cali forest fire during a drought. I respect others opinions and tastes but when someone compares a P.O.S. like that to a legendary band like Zep I can't not snap. OOPS! Sorry, I got side tracked.
                    Well, it was catchy and it made me look up from my scope. Our instructors were making fun of the guys in the video cause of the obvious 80's reference of the timeless "mullet". I watched it and it pains the hell outta me to say it but not knowing who it was made me curious to find out. Then something happened that makes me nauseous just thinking about it. In fact, it may take me a few minutes to finish this post cause I think I'm about to hurl.
                    Oh GOD! It was the............... Backstreet Boys... I had to spend my last $3.00 to buy something to wash that shitty taste outta my mouth.
                    It was a pretty funny video and it wasn't very pop. It sounded just like a rock band from the 80's. Guitars and all. I thought they were watching VH1 Classic but it was the mother station. It didn't sound like a boyband song. It was a basic rock song including the short solo. I'm not saying its great or that I love it. I'm saying its the only song by them that wouldn't make me wreck because I'm in such a hurry to change the station I forget to steer. It is NOT gonna make me a fan. I refuse to endorse shit like them and everything else on tv and radio. I'm just telling a true story. Thought it related since its about the dead rock topic.. I'm with you. There are NO rock bands worth a damn getting air play. I did like the nod toward rock they were giving instead of some super producer trying to make a white band sound like an R&B band.
                    I think Silvertide is a good band even though they opened for Van Hagar on the faux reunion tour. I Like Amy Lee's voice and some of the music. Its Mozart compared to the rest of the shit out right now. That's pretty much the only new rock I listen to.
                    Visit my online store http://www.tripleclicks.com/12395755 or get your own http://www.sfi4.com/12395755/FREE

Comment

• Unchainme
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2005

"Many also feel no attachment to current popular music and have started pulling out their parents' old vinyls from the 60s and 70s, anti-corporate bands from the 90s, and less maintream musicians from the present day such as Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd,Steely Dan, Metallica, Nirvana, Gorillaz, Radiohead, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Weezer, Coldplay, AC/DC, Tool, Guns N' Roses, Primus, Beck, Rage Against the Machine, and The Beatles have struck notable attention from this age group. "New-old Rock bands" that were commercially successful such as The Strokes, The White Stripes, The Hives, Franz Ferdinand, and, to a lesser extent, Green Day, were popular with these same children."

See Not eveyone out of "Y" is brainwashed Wigger pieces of shit, I've noticed more and more Kids are getting fed up with it, I'm noticing more and more kids with Floyd, AC/DC and Zep shirts, Hopefully a significant portion of them can pick up the guitar, and we shall get ome new good rock bands within the next 5-10 years.
                      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• The Scatologist
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2005

Do not fear! For a Winger shall be reborn! Winger will save Rock and Roll!

Woman
                        How deep can I gooooooooo
                        The name Sammy Hagar conjures up a variety of emotions from music fans--from hate to contempt, from disgust to revulsion.

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• Little Texan
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Scatologist
                          Do not fear! For a Winger shall be reborn! Winger will save Rock and Roll!

Woman
                          How deep can I gooooooooo

What's she going to do to save rock and roll?

Comment

• Dirty Duck
                            Sniper
                            • Aug 2005

I think what really sickens me is that white girls find 50 cent hot...

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Dirty Duck
                              I think what really sickens me is that white girls find 50 cent hot...
                              he has big goofy teeth
                              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

Working...