PDA

View Full Version : no more drinking to GA says the doctor!

Golden AWe
09-17-2005, 08:50 PM
fookin' hell, seriously

I've got epilepsy

That, if nothing worse than that

I'm going to magnetic scans etc. later on for more examination

but the female neurologist already dropped the bomb: I should not drink more than a maximum 2-3 doses of alcohol a day

and those doses don't mean "bottles of vodka"

She means that I should not get drunk, ever again, or the symptoms might get worse.

Well, I'll manage...it's just a matter of adjusting a little...but seriously, she's talking about the magnetic scans for my head, in case there's something more there, and the first things in my mind are "where can I score some good pot then?" and "grate, with no hangovers I can lift weights during weekends too"

She also restricted me from driving, three months for starters...that sucks.

It was odd to be at the nightclub tonight, totally sober.

Matt White
09-17-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
fookin' hell, seriously

I've got epilepsy

but the female neurologist already dropped the bomb: I should not drink more than a maximum 2-3 doses of alcohol a day

She means that I should not get drunk, ever again, or the symptoms might get worse.

Well, I'll manage...it's just a matter of adjusting a little...but seriously, she's talking about the magnetic scans for my head, in case there's something more there, and the first things in my mind are "where can I score some good pot then?" and "grate, with no hangovers I can lift weights during weekends too"

My brother is on 6 years with no drinking GA......

Positive side effect: Makes dealing on the ladies that much easier!:D

HA! "You're too drunk to drive Luv...Let AWe drive you home!!!"

Here's to your improved health!!!!

Golden AWe
09-17-2005, 08:59 PM
Yup, I looking to score more with the pity-points...uhuhuhuhuhuhuhu

Matt White
09-17-2005, 09:02 PM
Yup, I looking to score more with the pity-points...uhuhuhuhuhuhuhu

BRILLIANT!!!

And besides....being suave is Sooo much easier sober!

DrMaddVibe
09-17-2005, 09:10 PM
If they put you on Dilantin...you'll feel like you drank a bottle of Vodka.

That sucks bro.

Hang in there.

Golden AWe
09-17-2005, 09:16 PM
Thanks...I will...think of all the time I can put more on lifting weights and all the money I can put on fancy clothes...hell, I'll look even better than now!

I'LL BE BACK.

DrMaddVibe
09-17-2005, 09:26 PM
You're not goin' anywhere!

Mo money to spen on da honies...uh-huh-uh-huh!

zeronumber
09-17-2005, 09:39 PM
Well...There is always meth....

Romeo Delight
09-17-2005, 09:56 PM
I always had the best of luck when sober at a bar...

I know of someone with epilepsy...he needs to stay away from video games especially.

I once had small child in my arms who suffered a seizure...she was fine, but it was freaky at the time.

Meds are good now, from what I know

Best of luck!

zeronumber
09-17-2005, 10:16 PM
What about herb?

You know, there's no better tonic, than the chronic my friend.

Hardrock69
09-17-2005, 10:22 PM
Well, as far as dilantin making you feel drowsy or whatever, the preferred time of day to take it is just before bed. During your waking hours you will feel no different.

The reason for limiting your alcohol intake is that alcohol nullifies the effectiveness of the dilantin.

I feel for ya man.

I got lucky and did not have epilepsy, though they had me on Dilantin for several years, until I got a new doctor who told me it was stupid to be taking it when I did not have epilepsy and had not had a seizure in several years.

My previous doctor was probably getting kickbacks from the drug company for keepin me on it, even though I did not need to be on it.
That was almost 15 years ago. No problems since then.

Fortunately I was never restricted from driving.

Beware of strobe lights when attending rock concerts.

Now...go have 2-3 doses of alcohol and get laid, my friend.

:cool:

BITEYOASS
09-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Fuck, when I was in the USMC the most I had on a friday or Saturday night is 8-10 and that was if I went camping or had a really good fuckin week. 4-5 to get my singing voice going for Karaoke. But nowadays it's not at all since I have an aversion to partying, plus I'm too damn worried about getting my damn BA in Accounting.

Hardrock69
09-18-2005, 12:59 AM
I certainly have slowed down.

When I was in the army, I would get off work and go to the house I shared with some of the guys in my company...first order of business was how much money we could pool that day to buy beer with.

Between us and our friends, we must have easily gone through 20 cases per week.

We had our own company dope dealer too. Wish the army was still like that haha.

Oh the swinging 70s!
:cool:

Golden AWe
09-18-2005, 04:34 AM
Props, guys...

I have only had two seizures during the last three years, and they both came while I was asleep...the previous test showed now harm with the blinking lights, and I've never had a headache etc. about them, but it's probably more the exhaustion and getting not enough sleep that have done it...and therefore I can also understand the alcohol point...

Well, it is true, I don't tend to meet new grrrls or make impression on the old ones when I'm passed out on the floor, no matter what's the reason and how funny it is afterwards...ahahaha...talking philosophy in the corner table with them on the other hand...uhuhuhuhuhuhu...

Jérôme Frenchise
09-18-2005, 06:08 PM
:D
I sympathize. Your unbeatable humour will make you get better even faster, I think. And as far as the drinking, well, we human beings can get used to anything, and to worse, so you will get used to it, no doubt about that.
Take care, "ole" GA!:)

Matt White
09-18-2005, 06:11 PM
As long as you have your health you are truly "GOLDEN".

Best wishes & God Bless.

DavidLeeNatra
09-18-2005, 06:21 PM
man...that sux...have a cold...eh...coke (?) at natra's...

all the best for you!!!

mewisemagic
09-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Good Luck G/A!!..All Good feelings/bad feelings bullshit aside I wish You the best of luck in fighting the battle...Remember,The fight with the bottle is to be fought one day at a time and with a lot of prayer (at least thats what they have told Me the last 2 times at AA)LOL...Anyway,God bless ya and Good Luck!

Carmine
09-18-2005, 06:49 PM
fookin' hell, seriously

I've got epilepsy

Very sorry to hear that, AWe.

Best wishes to you....

Rikk
09-18-2005, 07:00 PM
GA, damn...I'm sorry to hear that.

You'll work through it...maybe some good will come out of it...no drinking, etc.

Reverberator
09-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Drink loads and fuch the consiquences .

I am dead and dead is good , it's your round .

BITEYOASS
09-18-2005, 10:44 PM
Try to have fun being sober GA! And make them Icelandic women make some weird Bjork-like noises. LOL

Golden AWe
11-03-2005, 03:10 AM
Thank you people...

Good news, I'm still going to another scan, sleeping EEG, but the magnetic scans proved THERE IS NOTHING INSIDE MY HEAD.

:D Uhm, I mean no tumors...

The official diagnosis is I have epilepsy..."THE LEFT HIPPOTAMUS IS SLIGHTLY LARGER THAN THE RIGHT ONE, THERE ARE SIGNS OF EPILEPSY"...but that's easy to deal with...

Yup...

ELVIS
11-03-2005, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Well, as far as dilantin making you feel drowsy or whatever, the preferred time of day to take it is just before bed. During your waking hours you will feel no different.

That's bullshit...

A normal adult dosage of Dilantin is 100 mg 3 times daily, with the goal to maintain a serum level of 10 to 20 mcg/mL...

:elvis:

ELVIS
11-03-2005, 05:01 AM
Thank you people...

Good news, I'm still going to another scan, sleeping EEG, but the magnetic scans proved THERE IS NOTHING INSIDE MY HEAD.

:D Uhm, I mean no tumors...

The official diagnosis is I have epilepsy..."THE LEFT HIPPOTAMUS IS SLIGHTLY LARGER THAN THE RIGHT ONE, THERE ARE SIGNS OF EPILEPSY"...but that's easy to deal with...

Yup...

Good news!

Are you on any medication ??

How's the alcohol intake ??

Golden AWe
11-03-2005, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Good news!

Are you on any medication ??

How's the alcohol intake ??

They're making the decisions about the medication after the EEG, for more specific results...

I've cut down drinking, dramatically. I haven't drank any hard liquor for almost 2 months now, and the max. amount of beers I've had has been 2-3 a night, once I had five, so I've only had it for the taste of it, not to get drunk, and it has felt good...nightclubs do look dahm different now!

In the future...I've decided that if during a special occasion, The New year's eve or the midsummer festival, I feel like drinking more beer or wine, I'm gonna do it...I just don't feel the pressure to get totally wasted every weekend anymore and that's good.

Cheers...

ELVIS
11-03-2005, 06:56 AM
Good boy...:D

Coyote
11-03-2005, 07:49 AM
fookin' hell, seriously

I've got epilepsy

Whoa. What a shitty throw of the dice. You OK, AWe?

ELVIS
11-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Can you read ??

diamondsgirl
11-03-2005, 07:56 AM
I just don't feel the pressure to get totally wasted every weekend anymore and that's good.

Cheers...

that is good

you will be healthier all around

you're in my prayers A.W. :)

(you can still be whipped, right? I mean, I don't have to easy on you or anything, do I) ;)

thome
11-03-2005, 08:09 AM
lay off for a few months and you won't need 18 Drinks to catch a buzz
Save $ on a Bar Bill, 2or 3 is enough. Nothin wrong with no drinking at all.
Hey people it's not like we were born w/ a bottle in each hand.

:p

Coyote
11-03-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Can you read ??

Whoops... :o :cool:

ThrillsNSpills
11-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Sorry to hear AW.

tread lightly for now and things will even out in time.

jhale667
11-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Best wishes, GA....time to start smokin' bud, my friend ;)

Golden AWe
11-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
Best wishes, GA....time to start smokin' bud, my friend ;)

Oh I'd smoke a lot but I don't have spanish classmates or Copenhagen around me anymore...:)

jhale667
11-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Oh I'd smoke a lot but I don't have spanish classmates or Copenhagen around me anymore...:)

...Then I highly (pun intended) recommend you look into Hydroponics, and the Super Sativa Seed club.....:D grow your own.....

Anonymous
11-03-2005, 08:00 PM
So, can you drink again, AWe? I'm thinking on quitting myself... but I don't see any reason to.

Cheers! :bottle:

Anonymous
11-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by thome

Hey people it's not like we were born w/ a bottle in each hand.

:p

Speak for yourself.

Cheers! :bottle:

hambon4lif
11-03-2005, 09:33 PM
You should drink yourself into an Eddie-like stupor, you stupid piece of shit!!

Golden AWe
11-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by hambon4lif
You should drink yourself into an Eddie-like stupor, you stupid piece of shit!!

hahahahahaha

now the sour bastard is following me around!

Don't cry, my friend, don't cry.

BRUTAL!!!

http://swedslut.nu/brautaldildos3.gif

Vinnie Velvet
11-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Sorry to hear that AWe.

Hang in there, bro.

At least the doctors didn't say, "no more sex"!

:D