The Van Hagar Reunion: How long will it last?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lou

The Van Hagar Reunion: How long will it last?

I think this is similar to what Bad Company did in 1999, tour solely for the purpose of promoting their 2 CD "Anthology" greatest hits album. Of course at least that was the original fucking band getting back together whereas this is not.

Judging by the tour dates, and I know it's not final, I get the impression they're not going to be doing shows night after night, it's just gonna be dates here and there over the summer to get people to buy a Best of Vol. 2. Like Bad Co. did, they'll probably disband right after that. Maybe ride into the R&R HOF in March 2005 (I'm betting that's part of the motivation to do this, to get the name "Van Halen" out there). But then after that, they'll call it quits.

What's sad is that this is supposed the last hurrah and redemption. After this year I don't think there are any plans to go forward with a brand new Van Hagar album, not that I want one. What a really pathetic way to go out. Yeah I guess it's a little better than fading into TOTAL obscurity with the sour notes of "How Many Say I," but it's not much better.

And they'll act like Sammy Hagar really was the lead singer for Van Halen all along, and integral part of the band, and 1978-84 was just a warmup.

FUCK YOU EDDIE, SAMBO, AND THE WHOLE IDEA OF VAN HAGAR!!!!!
  • moose
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

AMEN LOU AMEN.

FUCK YOU AND EVERYONE WHO LIKES YOU EDDIE.
    (I'M TOTALLY FUCKING PISSED OFF)
    I'VE BEEN WAITING 20 FUCKING YEARS TO SEE THE ORIGINAL LINEUP AGAIN ,GUESS I'LL NEVER MAKE IT TO SHOW#14 WITH DAVE. GUESS MY 2 BOYS WILL NEVER EXPERIENCE THE MAGIC THAT WAS.
    FUCK YOU EDDIE, AND I REALLY MEAN "FUCK YOU"

DAVE KEEP 'LIGHTING UP THE SKY'

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Sammy loves $$$ so they might just about hold it together.

Roth has more integrity which means that a tour with him would be less likely to last. It also means that a tour with him and Spammy would be even less likely to last.

Remember the Dave/Spammy tour a couple of years ago was meant to be a WORLD tour...

Comment

• MAX
        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

What's really going to piss them off is the endless bombardment of Roth questions during every interview. That, in and of itself almost makes this whole thing funny.

Dave's shoes and shadow will forever gloom on them throughout the tour. Hahahaha!!!! Spammy, you dumb motherfucker!!! You must love pain because you will be reminded everywhere you go AGAIN that you are not the original, you never were nor ever will be the front page.
        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

True.

And the best thing about it is it drives him mad and he cannot bring himself to try to rise above it.

He just looks worse and worse every time he starts.

Comment

• Rubnose

Yea Eddie! Farts on you! FARTS ON YOU!!!

It's just like Lou says. You are a mizer bastard and a dick with ears. You're just a bad version of the Bad Company reunion trying to sell your Best Of cd. Shame on you you nose nugget.

You'll probably disband right after this piddly rinky dink tour of yours you filthy stinking one sided looking one eyed wonder worm.

Pox on you you son of a bitch ass smootching douche nozzle qweeb sniffing money monger.

As if your songwriting and original riffs had anything to do with the success of Van Halen you stupid piece of shit, fart sucking, load ingesting, enema enjoying, wife leaving, beer breathing, Dave ignoring pile of fermented schmegma.

Dave don't need you you stupid looking grin posing hammer on overdoing suck ass. You need him ya goat cheese eating mongoloid moron.

Let's see you put out a CD that sells as huge as Diamond Dave did. As if you could rock as hard and heavy as the Diamond Dave CD ya flap jack plippen plap ass.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Good points!

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
                Foot Soldier
                • Jan 2004

Spammy's voice will never hold up !!!

Hitting almost 60 years old and expecting to sing material they did 18 years ago with 5150?

Good luck !!!

As for the CLASSIC material thankfully he won't HACK that material since he never wanted to sing those songs anyway!

Fuck you Edward and Spam

Comment

• MAX
                  Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Another thing, this isn't a follow up to 1984 where there was the curiousity factor where fans (myself included) actually went to the concert and I STILL fucking want my twelve bucks back!!!! I'm so happy that I was lucky enough to see the 1984 tour so I never fell into the Van Hagar trap.

Anyway, regarding this stupid-assed tour. It's nothing but a weak "reunion" for $$$ tour, think about it? Touring to support a "Second Greatest Hits" record with the lame version live? Fuck, after the long absence, I'll bet any average young atendee going just to see a show, just knows the name VAN HALEN from the classics that they hear at NFL games and the radio (We know that doesn't include any Spam shit) and goes will say "Duuuuude, that singer that used to do the jumps sure looks like shit!"

This has disaster written ALL over it!!! LOL!
                  EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Sarge
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Originally posted by MAX

Dave's shoes and shadow will forever gloom on them throughout the tour.
                    How true.
                    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• ian_doherty

I think Rubnose really summed it up eloquently..

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I used to doubt him but he's spot on in this thread!

Comment

• Dave IS VH

I can't see this lasting long.

Like I have said many times, Spammy will do something to piss off Eddie, getting Spammy kicked out of the band.

The Van Hagar reunion pisses me off too, as you can see in my posts in other threads, but Eddie has made his choice there is nothing we can do.

We can keep bitching about it, but it won't help. Sammy and Eddie will go on their Gay tour, singing their gay Van Hagar tour song. They better not do any Dave era songs on the tour, that would really be fucked up!!!!!!!

As BOV2 goes.

At lest half of the tracks of the album would have to be Dave era, since it is a best of album.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dave IS VH
                            As BOV2 goes.

At lest half of the tracks of the album would have to be Dave era, since it is a best of album.
                            Well strictly speaking all of them!

But why buy the Best Of II when you have them all already?

Comment

• Lou

The only reason to buy that would be if the three songs Ed and Dave did in 2000 were on there. Otherwise I can't imagine why anyone would buy that. Van HALEN/Van Hagar isn't exactly picking up new fans these days that would want a sampling of their music before deciding whether or not to buy the albums.

I think it'd be funny if they put a Van Danniels song on there, like "Without You" or "Fire in the Hole."

Comment

Working...