PDA

View Full Version : Mike Anthony from '96 interview

Big Troubles
03-24-2004, 10:45 PM
Found an old interview with Mike Anthony. I beleieve this is the exact time era of Dave doing the 2 songs with the band in '96, right when Sam left. Its an interesting read. Including the part where Mike says "Right now we are gonna finish up these 2 songs with Dave and start looking for a singer to go on tour with, cause I just wont tour with Dave". So according to this interview there never really was any plan with Dave after the 2 songs after all.

http://www.van-halen.com/newsite/515096.html

Rubnose
03-24-2004, 11:00 PM
Poppycock! Farts on Mike! FARTS ON MIKE!!!

Seshmeister
03-24-2004, 11:00 PM
Mike: Well, you know Michael, the way I think of it: we can make any singer sound good. We're going to be known as the band that take any singer and make him famous. People tell me "everybody can sing with your band'. Eddie, Alex and myself, we' re the core of Van Halen. People say "anybody can sing with you".

Delusional.

If he had any balls he would have left years ago...

Big Troubles
03-25-2004, 12:30 PM
"Mike: Well, you know Michael, the way I think of it: we can make any singer sound good. We're going to be known as the band that take any singer and make him famous. People tell me "everybody can sing with your band'. Eddie, Alex and myself, we' re the core of Van Halen. People say "anybody can sing with you".

Gary couldn't sing with you guys Mike... What happened there? I think this is the stage they were really fucking cocky. Anybody can sing with us. We're the core? Gimme a fuckin' break.

lesfunk
03-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Mike Anthony should always keep his mouth closed and just cash his fucking paycheck.

Sarge
03-25-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by lesfunk
Mike Anthony should always keep his mouth closed and just cash his fucking paycheck.

HE has been keeping his mouth open.... at the buffet

Calderone
03-25-2004, 07:57 PM
MORE 96 INTERVIEWS !!!!
POST THEM ALL !

DavidLeeNatra
03-25-2004, 07:59 PM
as if mikey has anything to decide who's gonna be in the band or not...I wonder if HE's still in...but then I look on the "official" website and see his mullet...

thefive
04-10-2004, 05:23 AM
Just read this post and the interview. I read the interview several years ago but forgot a lot of what it said.

I thought Michael would be the least angry at Dave. WTF is that all about.

Everyone tells me that Michael is such a nice guy , this that , this that.
Sounds like he is jealous of Dave too.

Also over the years people have said Mike kisses ass to the VH brothers. Now I know this is true. If Ed and alex want to tour with Roth I would then do it. Get a spine Mike. Mr Neutral.

thefive

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=56658

Roth & Roll
04-10-2004, 06:15 AM
It's called job security folks,
Mikey has to tow the company line if he wants to keep his job.
He's just a puppet to Eddie and Alex - if he thinks he's part of the "core", how come Eddie has tried on multiple occasions to replace him. Does he forget that Eddie has been trying to replace him as far back as 1981 when EVH was ready to bring in Billy Sheehan until Dave of all people talked EVH out of firing Mikey?

I think Mullet Man has his loyalty seriously misdirected.

thebuldawg
04-10-2004, 10:55 AM
Oh, man, I couldn't even finish that interview. He starts by kind of dissing Spammy then kinda not. Then he says this and then he says that. Stuff that's been either contradicted by other things they've said or by what they've done.

Mike and the sisters are so full of shit I'd be suprised if the whites of their eyes weren't brown.