X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antman
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

Spiderman Question

Woo is the Hobgoblin? Is he the same as the Green Goblin?
    When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Norman Osborne was the original Green Goblin.
    Harry Osborne (the son) was the second Green Goblin.
    Roderick Kingsley, a fashion designer who discovered Norman's secret lair and studied the records and equipment created a varient, or 3rd generation green goblin called the Hobgoblin.

Harry Osborne had not died yet so he later returned as the Green Goblin until he died from side effects from a modified Green Goblin serum.

But there was a fourth green Goblin named Phil Ulrich, but the equpiment became damaged and he was unable to repair it and retired. He actually tried to be a good guy, but he was just as crazy as the others and that failed by the way.

But then it was discovered that Norman Osborne was still alive and he created a clone to be the 5th Green Goblin. but the clone experiment was unstable and it died.

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Um, yeah, what Cat said

Damn, Cat! You're as much of a Spider-Man freak as I am!!

I'm curious as to whether they're going with the Hobgoblin for Spider-Man 3 or whether they'll turn to a CGI Venom for the villain...

Or maybe it'll be multiple villains...
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Cathedral
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

LOL, Yeah, Spidey is my boy.
        But i have to be honest and admit i had to do 2 minutes research to get the names right, it's been mass years since i read a comic book and memory wasn't serving me correctly.

I don't know, but i see them somehow using Harry in the next film as the Green Goblin again since they ended the sequel with his discovery of Daddy's lair.
        I sort of expect the Hobgoblin to show up somewhere in the 3rd installment.
        But the way they have taken actual Spidey stories and blended them into the first two a little out of context of the actual comics suggests otherwise.

When the Green Goblin took Mary Jane to the top of that bridge and was dropped, that was from an old story but the girl wasn't Mary Jane it was a chick named Veronica, and Spiderman wasn't successful in saving her and she died.
        Spidey became a bit vengeful over that and went after the Goblin with retribution in mind, though he chose not to kill Norman at the last minute.
        But the way the Green Goblin died in the first film is exactly how it was in the comics many moons ago.

But is he really dead? or was it a clone?
        That whole clone saga was very confusing in the books, so they do kind of have a free canvas to re-work those old stories on the big screen.

The Vision, Iron Man and The Hulk were also my fav's as a yout.
        Capt. America was awesome as well until that tv series aired in the late 70's...it was pretty cheesy, lol.
        The Spiderman series wasn't that great but it was way better than Capt. America...except for Spidey's eyes, that costume was fucked.

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
          But i have to be honest and admit i had to do 2 minutes research to get the names right, it's been mass years since i read a comic book and memory wasn't serving me correctly.

I don't know, but i see them somehow using Harry in the next film as the Green Goblin again since they ended the sequel with his discovery of Daddy's lair.
          I sort of expect the Hobgoblin to show up somewhere in the 3rd installment.
          But the way they have taken actual Spidey stories and blended them into the first two a little out of context of the actual comics suggests otherwise.

When the Green Goblin took Mary Jane to the top of that bridge and was dropped, that was from an old story but the girl wasn't Mary Jane it was a chick named Veronica, and Spiderman wasn't successful in saving her and she died.

Spidey became a bit vengeful over that and went after the Goblin with retribution in mind, though he chose not to kill Norman at the last minute.
          But the way the Green Goblin died in the first film is exactly how it was in the comics many moons ago.

But is he really dead? or was it a clone?
          That whole clone saga was very confusing in the books, so they do kind of have a free canvas to re-work those old stories on the big screen.

The Vision, Iron Man and The Hulk were also my fav's as a yout.
          Capt. America was awesome as well until that tv series aired in the late 70's...it was pretty cheesy, lol.
          The Spiderman series wasn't that great but it was way better than Capt. America...except for Spidey's eyes, that costume was fucked.
          Actually, it was Gwen Stacy you're thinking of, Pete's first girlfriend before MJ came into it Close, though!

You know, to tell you the truth, I got lost on the whole clone storylines as well...I remember Kane ended up being the original Peter Parker clone, but it's been so many years, I've forgotten most of it...and I got really lost with all the goblins running around, also
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral

...Actually, it was Gwen Stacy....and it has been years....
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Mezro
              Full Member Status

• May 2004

There is only one real Spidey...

Mezro...Ben Reilly...nuff said true believers...
              Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Ben Reilly? :confused:

Well, he wasn't bad, I'll give him that. Lacked the appeal of Parker for me, though.
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                  Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Love the old classic Spider-Man cartoon from the 60's.
                  Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Mezro
                    Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                    Ben Reilly? :confused:

Well, he wasn't bad, I'll give him that. Lacked the appeal of Parker for me, though.
                    When Ben kicked out the jams, he was even funnier and more "Peter like" than Peter. The fans just couldn't swallow the whole clone plot device.

Mezro...plus, I love the Ben era suit...kicks major ass...not quite as good as the black one but close enough...
                    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Mezro
                      When Ben kicked out the jams, he was even funnier and more "Peter like" than Peter. The fans just couldn't swallow the whole clone plot device.

Mezro...plus, I love the Ben era suit...kicks major ass...not quite as good as the black one but close enough...
                      I was one of those fans...the whole clone angle storyline got really hard for me to follow...

The pre-Venom black suit was fucking awesome, I was kinda upset when they did away with it...
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Antman
                        Commando
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                        Um, yeah, what Cat said

Damn, Cat! You're as much of a Spider-Man freak as I am!!

I'm curious as to whether they're going with the Hobgoblin for Spider-Man 3 or whether they'll turn to a CGI Venom for the villain...

Or maybe it'll be multiple villains...
                        From seeing the end of Spiderman 2, one would assume there will be at least two villains as James Franco's character discovers his father's hidden lair, so then it would make sense for him to be the Hobgoblin. There will be a main villain who's identity has not yet been revealed, or at least I didn't hear it. The guy from Wings and Sideways will be playing him. Thanks to all who answered my question.
                        When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Don't forget, Dr. Curt Connors AKA the Lizard, has shown up in BOTH prior movies....could happen......
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Cathedral
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Duh, i'm so stupid, Veronica was the woman i was on the phone with as i was typing that response, lmmfao...she was my boss.

But she can go ahead and die too if it's all the same to y'all...

I think i'll just read and not post for the rest of the day, tomorrow will be better.

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

OK, Kirsten just spilled the beans - here it is, from MSN news:

Casting News: Dunst Spills Some Dirt & Carrey Takes 'Number 23'

Kirsten Dunst let the cat out of the bag. Or should that be spider? While promoting her new film "Elizabethtown" last weekend, Dunst disclosed a secret Sony Pictures has been trying to keep quiet for some time: which villains previously announced cast members Topher Grace and Thomas Haden Church will be playing in "Spider-Man 3." According to Dunst, Grace will play Venom and Church will play the Sandman. In the comics, Venom is an alien-hybrid who originally appeared as a new costume for Peter Parker before eventually trying to merge with him. What Venom's powers will be in the movie is completely unknown, but he was pretty hard to kill in the comics. The Sandman has the power to turn into "living sand" and you can easily guess it will require a lot of CGI. Dunst also said production is expected to begin this January for the May 2007 release
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...