Big Troubles
09-29-2005, 05:16 PM
Im still eyeballing the Steinberger 5150 with emg's. :D

nosuchluck
09-29-2005, 05:23 PM
which songs needed the double-necks?

Big Troubles
09-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Cathedral was played double. I also seem to remember him playing the double neck on another tour. Maybe Balance? Let's ask Rikk. :D

Big Troubles
09-29-2005, 05:33 PM
the bigger question is when on Earth did ed ever play the Charvel Hydra Guitar? Must've been some early boots. Or maybe just used it to rehearse? I have the 79' boot and he's playing either the shark or black and white frank.

nosuchluck
09-29-2005, 05:35 PM
Cathedral was played on a double-neck? i've seen him play on it a single-neck, and if he could do that, why'd he need a double?

i wonder what he used the baritone guitars for...

nosuchluck
09-29-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
the bigger question is when on Earth did ed ever play the Charvel Hydra Guitar? Must've been some early boots. Or maybe just used it to rehearse? I have the 79' boot and he's playing either the shark or black and white frank.

that is a hideous looking guitar... i hope he never took it out on stage...

MAX
09-29-2005, 06:37 PM

The only time I've ever even seen Edward with that thing is from a 70's photoshoot. Damn, that thing tis' fuckin' ugly.

Cato
09-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by nosuchluck
Cathedral was played on a double-neck? i've seen him play on it a single-neck, and if he could do that, why'd he need a double?

it was used to play Secrets just after Cathedral. Cathedral didn't need a 12 strings neck but Secrets needed it.

Big Fat Sammy
09-29-2005, 07:32 PM
What Cato said...

...check out the US Fest vid, a must have!

I've seen that Hydra guitar in pic w/ Ed...but never one of him playing it.

Nitro Express
09-29-2005, 07:38 PM
Ed played the yellow Kramer doubleneck on the 1983 Diver Down tour for the song Secrets. Still a cool looking guitar. The Wolfgangs sure look like chunks. Man, nobody really has beat that Strat shape for ergonomics and looks. Leo sure as hell got that one right.

Don Corleone
09-30-2005, 02:00 AM
Cathedral was played double. I also seem to remember him playing the double neck on another tour. Maybe Balance? Let's ask Rikk. :D

As much as I hate to admit that I knowing this, I will. It a double necked Music Man used during the F.U.C.K tour for a song called Spanked.

Big Troubles
09-30-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Cato
it was used to play Secrets just after Cathedral. Cathedral didn't need a 12 strings neck but Secrets needed it.

spot on. I knew as I typed cathedral, I was thinking I was wrong. Just too lazy maybe.

:)

Rikk
09-30-2005, 03:15 PM

:p

Hold on...lemme get out the SAMMY FAN'S GUIDE TO BALANCE book that I wrote.

Big Troubles
09-30-2005, 06:44 PM
:D Thats what Dreams are made of... oh wait, wrong album.

Big Troubles
09-30-2005, 06:46 PM
That shark destroyer he uses in Runnin' and YRGM is blah to me. Id never feel comfy playing it. Looks alright though.

Fav's are 1984 Kramer. (any of them) The Stein from 5150, Les Paul (mini) the double neck and the Ernie Ball.

rustoffa
09-30-2005, 09:15 PM
That old Flying V is the shit.

nosuchluck
10-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Cato

thanks for clearing that up...

i really should get all the old vids...

bueno bob
10-01-2005, 12:29 PM
This, believe it or not, has ALWAYS been my personal favorite of all Ed's guitars...

Big Troubles
10-01-2005, 02:15 PM
yeah Id prob hang that above my fireplace...then when I needed wood... well you know....

you wouldn't seriously play that fuckin' thing would ya?

Matt White
10-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Always liked the "bumblebee"!!!

Nitro Express
10-02-2005, 04:41 AM
Most of those guitars look really dated now. But I remember seeing pictures of Eddie on the VH II album thinking,"That guitar is fucking cool!" Before Ed, rock guitarists had the basic Gibson and Fender stuff. Before Ed came around, the coolest guitar in the world was Paul Stanley's Ibanez Iceman with the broken mirror face on it.

What I see in Ed's guitars is a guy just experimenting. He had to be fucked up when he destroyed an Explorer and turned it into the shark guitar.

Hardrock69
10-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Man...looks like the back room of some pawnshop...

bueno bob
10-04-2005, 05:57 PM
yeah Id prob hang that above my fireplace...then when I needed wood... well you know....

you wouldn't seriously play that fuckin' thing would ya?

Nope! Then again, I can't play more than 2 or 3 chords on guitar, anyway, so... :)

Big Troubles
10-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Nope! Then again, I can't play more than 2 or 3 chords on guitar, anyway, so... :)

well then that just tells me that you and I can play half the Kiss catalogue... Tons of Ac Dc too! :D

bueno bob
10-05-2005, 10:17 AM
well then that just tells me that you and I can play half the Kiss catalogue... Tons of Ac Dc too! :D

I can play half of the Kiss catalog, tons of AC/DC, and EVERYTHING the Ramones, Misfits, and Black Flag ever put to tape :D

Big Troubles
10-08-2005, 08:49 PM
:D Cool. Also add Brian Adams, Sex Pistols, Forgotten Rebels, Ian Hunter & some Billy Idol too.

Big Troubles
10-08-2005, 08:49 PM
you wont have trouble with those ones.

frets5150
10-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Cooool...:cool:

BrownSound1
10-09-2005, 03:05 AM
With regards to the Kramer doubleneck...that particular one was only used for the live shows. On the recording of Secrets he used a Gibson EDS1275. The funny thing is this is the same model guitar that Jimmy Page obtained to play Stairway to Heaven live, and Page never used it for recording.

Well it isn't really funny I guess..but does have a hint of irony.

MAX
10-09-2005, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
With regards to the Kramer doubleneck...that particular one was only used for the live shows. On the recording of Secrets he used a Gibson EDS1275. The funny thing is this is the same model guitar that Jimmy Page obtained to play Stairway to Heaven live, and Page never used it for recording.

Well it isn't really funny I guess..but does have a hint of irony.

I have an old interview where Ed complains about how heavy those doublenecks are.

The reason I bring that up is cos he mentioned Page and said "No wonder he (Page) has a slouch." lol.

Kind of funny or maybe you had to be there? I dunno?

BrownSound1
10-09-2005, 03:16 AM
I've played one and they aren't THAT heavy...well not to me anyway. I'm buying one...one of these days. :D

MAX
10-09-2005, 03:25 AM
Fuck dude,

Are you buying a real (Gibson) one? I bet they're pretty spendy? Then again, what do I know? I haven't shopped for a guitar in well over a decade. I still have a twenty two year old Strat that I bought brand new (Only $750 in 1984) and a Frankie replica that I made in Highschool. It's identical to Ed's except it's Lake Placid Blue in color. The neck is as filthy, yet beautiful as Ed's "5150" Kramer neck. Has a Floyd and a Seymore Duncan PAF bridge pickup.

Don't play as much as I'd like but still "noodle" whenever I feel like it.

How many geeters do you have?

bueno bob
10-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by frets5150
Cooool...:cool:

I had that magazine...was the first place I ever saw that guitar.

frets5150
10-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I had that magazine...was the first place I ever saw that guitar.

So what did you do with the mag:(

BrownSound1
10-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Fuck dude,

Are you buying a real (Gibson) one? I bet they're pretty spendy? Then again, what do I know? I haven't shopped for a guitar in well over a decade. I still have a twenty two year old Strat that I bought brand new (Only $750 in 1984) and a Frankie replica that I made in Highschool. It's identical to Ed's except it's Lake Placid Blue in color. The neck is as filthy, yet beautiful as Ed's "5150" Kramer neck. Has a Floyd and a Seymore Duncan PAF bridge pickup.

Don't play as much as I'd like but still "noodle" whenever I feel like it.

How many geeters do you have?

At this point in time I have 7 guitars and 2 basses.

Oh, and I would only buy a Gibson EDS1275. No offense to anyone who plays Epiphone guitars, but the quality just ain't the same. Plus, you can get a Gibson for $2700. The Epiphone can be had for $900...but you still don't have the real thing. ;)

As a friend of mine says.. "Good things ain't cheap, and cheap things ain't good."