PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen - Sammy Hagar Returns,

TMR
03-25-2004, 11:19 PM
VAN HALEN - SAMMY HAGAR RETURNS, TOUR STARTS JUNE 11:
Here it is folks...straight from the pages of USA Today Online:
"Ending months of speculation, Van Halen is confirming a summer reunion tour, with singer Sammy Hagar rejoining the band. They hit the road June 11 in Greensboro, N.C., with dates scheduled through August. Tickets go on sale April 3, and pre-sale tickets will be available through AOL starting Wednesday. A best-of compilation is due in June

TMR
03-25-2004, 11:21 PM
Ed was getting lonely and needed alcohol money and SPAM's dick up his ass!

TMR
03-25-2004, 11:22 PM
LOVERS are back in bed together......

Ed Gein
03-25-2004, 11:25 PM
From Melodicrock.com...via usatoday.

VAN HALEN - SAMMY HAGAR RETURNS, TOUR STARTS JUNE 11:
Here it is folks...straight from the pages of USA Today Online:
"Ending months of speculation, Van Halen is confirming a summer reunion tour, with singer Sammy Hagar rejoining the band. They hit the road June 11 in Greensboro, N.C., with dates scheduled through August. Tickets go on sale April 3, and pre-sale tickets will be available through AOL starting Wednesday. A best-of compilation is due in June.
The return of this lineup, in place from 1985 to 1996, follows prolonged public feuding, the band's brief stint with singer Gary Cherone and Eddie Van Halen's battle with cancer. Van Halen has been inactive since 1999, but Hagar co-headlined a 2002 tour with David Lee Roth, VH's original singer.
Among confirmed dates: June 16 in Philadelphia; June 22 in East Rutherford, N.J.; July 10 in Detroit; July 19 in Chicago; Aug. 1 in Denver; Aug. 5 in Phoenix and Aug. 19 in Los Angeles. See all 29 announced dates at life.usatoday.com [Info not online as yet]; additional shows will be posted at van-halen.com."

Ok - so there are the first official dates and confirmation that Sammy Hagar has returned to the band. But I can't let this go without saying a little something.
Is this the absolute lamest possible way of announcing the re-union?
What happened to fanfare, the pomp, the ceremony - what the hell happened to a press release from the band???
This is a band that has said virtually nothing in years, but announces tour dates via USA Today? Fans have been hanging out for anything official from Van Halen since 2001. They have been hanging on ever rumor, every tidbit of info and since I first announced Hagar was coming back to the band last November, news has been leaking ever increasingly, but still nothing from the guys! If now isn't the time - when is?

Big Troubles
03-25-2004, 11:26 PM
They are the drizzling shits. Fuck them.

TMR
03-25-2004, 11:39 PM
VAN HALEN went from Greatest Rock Band back in the 70-80's to the RIP OFF BAND off the MILLENIUM>>>>> FUCKERS!

Going on Tour to promote a FUCKING REHASH OF SPAM SONGS.....I Truly wonder of Ed can last a full tour on stage without falling over from the bottle???

FUCK YOU ED!.....LOL

Big Troubles
03-25-2004, 11:44 PM
They wont last a summer tour. theres no way. there's no passion there to make good rock n roll. its all about the money now. its a shame too, because they have the god given talent to sound like they used to with the proper singer and they are choosing what will make them less money? A Dave reunion would blast out the stadiums and rock bigger than the Stones coming to your nearest largest venue.

TMR
03-25-2004, 11:46 PM
I don't think Ed could keep up with Dave anymore.....lol

Plus now ED gets to spend the SUMMER NIGHTS with SPAM....LOL

Lou
03-25-2004, 11:47 PM
I posted this in the other thread, and I'll repost here:

Fuck this band. Really, just fuck this band.

I'm 22 going on 23 next month, I've never seen Eddie live, and guess what on June 16th when Van Hagar comes to Philadelphia I'M NOT GONNA BE THERE EDDIE THROWING AWAY MY MONEY AND SUPPORTING YOUR BULLSHIT.

I just can't enjoy it with Little Fat Sambo singing and the band playing music I hate.

Big Troubles
03-25-2004, 11:50 PM
They are gonna look like such hypocrytes. First Dave, then Sam, then Dave, then Gary and now Sam? Is that normal? Its obvious its not the singer that has the problem. These brothers are fucked. And Mikey does what Mikey's told.

TMR
03-26-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Lou
I posted this in the other thread, and I'll repost here:

Fuck this band. Really, just fuck this band.

I'm 22 going on 23 next month, I've never seen Eddie live, and guess what on June 16th when Van Hagar comes to Philadelphia I'M NOT GONNA BE THERE EDDIE THROWING AWAY MY MONEY AND SUPPORTING YOUR BULLSHIT.

I just can't enjoy it with Little Fat Sambo singing and the band playing music I hate.

Agreed.....I"M NOT WASTING MY TIME SEEING THESE FUCKS....VAN HALEN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou
03-26-2004, 12:11 AM
Oh darn, I wish I had shitty-ass AOL too (what a shocker, Time-Warner connected just like BOV2 will be) so I could get in on the pre-sale. Ah what the hell I'll just download AOL now and pay for another ISP for the express purpose of buying Van Hagar tickets in advance. Yippee!!

The only thing we need now is a ceremonial re-opening of the Pasture Dump to get the excitement flowing! Maybe I can brown-nose Brad $tark$ like all the former mods over there will for some backstage passes to meet that fucking fat-ass troll and ask Eddie what his inspiration was for killer songs like "When It's Love" and "Love Walks In."

Lou
03-26-2004, 12:17 AM
Hey Eddie I thought you didn't want to do a nostalgia act either. Where's the new material?

EVH :monekyr:

Mr Ziffel
03-26-2004, 12:20 AM
Look at it this way, you can pay $85.00 to go see Ed play a solo. Why would anyone pay that kind of money to go see Edward Van Halen play a solo? I'm hearing people say they're going so they can hear Ed play. Well guess what you stupid motherfuckers, you are paying a premium to hear Ed play shitty songs, with an even shittier singer.

Starwood
03-26-2004, 12:27 AM
Can't wait to hear to the reviews of the half full arenas packed with Dockers-wearing fat men and their ugly wives.

Mr Ziffel
03-26-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Starwood
Can't wait to hear to the reviews of the half full arenas packed with Dockers-wearing fat men and their ugly wives.

So, I guess that means you'll be attending.

MAX
03-26-2004, 12:31 AM
Who is Van Halen?

Starwood
03-26-2004, 12:31 AM
It'll be just like the good ol days...fuckin comedy.

Starwood
03-26-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Mr Ziffel
So, I guess that means you'll be attending.

Yup. Wouldn't miss it.

Mr Ziffel
03-26-2004, 12:38 AM
Are you fatter than your wife is ugly?

RothSucks
03-26-2004, 01:32 AM
You guys are really sad.
Originally posted by TMR
I don't think Ed could keep up with Dave anymore.....lol

You've gotta be kidding me. You guys are so delusional. Roth is a joke. He has completely lost whatever talent he might have had at one time. Ed made the right decision because he knew that there was no way that Roth would have lasted through a full tour.

Sammy, meanwhile is as sharp as he has ever been. Ed just realized they never should have let him go in the first place. This is so funny, 18 years ago your boy left one of the greatest bands in the world because his ego convinced him that he was bigger than the band. It took him about 20 minutes to realize that he was nothing without them. You guys have been trying to get him back in the group since then. Wake up, Roth would be lucky to get a gig at a boat show with David Hasselhoff, there's no way ed was gonna give him the call.

distortion9
03-26-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by RothSucks
You guys are really sad.

You've gotta be kidding me. You guys are so delusional. Roth is a joke. He has completely lost whatever talent he might have had at one time. Ed made the right decision because he knew that there was no way that Roth would have lasted through a full tour.

Sammy, meanwhile is as sharp as he has ever been. Ed just realized they never should have let him go in the first place. This is so funny, 18 years ago your boy left one of the greatest bands in the world because his ego convinced him that he was bigger than the band. It took him about 20 minutes to realize that he was nothing without them. You guys have been trying to get him back in the group since then. Wake up, Roth would be lucky to get a gig at a boat show with David Hasselhoff, there's no way ed was gonna give him the call.

Ed can't last through an afternoon without cracking his drunk, fucking melon head open on the underside of a piano.

Who the fuck is he to decide who can or can not last through a tour?!

"hic-up...let's go with the round 60 year old...hic-up."

Panamark
03-26-2004, 01:49 AM
Hey RothSucks, theres Van Halen the legendary Rock Band, then theres Van Hagar the 80's synth Pop group. If you like all that Duran Duran, Flock of Seagulls, Human League, REO Speedwagon, Journey kinda shit, congratulations ! You got your little pop unit back.

On the other side of the coin is a world of fans that love music like Black Sabbath, Led Zep and Van Halen. What I love *is* no matter what, Van Hagar will never do anything remotely as good as what Van Halen did. Never. To me it makes no difference, I (and most of Australia) igonored Van Hagar the first time around. Whats different now ? Except Spammy is 60 years old ?

After all this time the band owed its fans at the very least a Dave/Sam deal. A reunion with a replacement singer is so fucking lame and boring now, who even cares ?

VAN FUCKING HALF ASSED !

Now bring on some real music please..

MAX
03-26-2004, 01:49 AM
You guys are really sad.

No, you are the sad one you dumbass. Why are you posting on a David Lee Roth fansite? I'll tell you why, because you don't have enough of a Spam fanbase to have your own forum. Get the fuck out of here and go gloat somewhere else and tell everyone how great a fucking fat-ass sixty year old (never was) replacement singer, a recluse drunken guitarist sellout, a neck-brace, coattail riding and jealousy ridden drummer and some guy who's had his head up Spam's ass for so many years is going to be the second coming? Talk about crazy?

You probably will be stupid enough to pay $130 for the official XXL Yellow tour jammys at the show?

Enough of you so get lost!!!

RothSucks
03-26-2004, 01:52 AM
Want a little cheese with that wine???

distortion9
03-26-2004, 01:53 AM
Plenty of cheese on the way.

MAX
03-26-2004, 01:55 AM
Want a little cheese with that wine???

Wine to drink or am I whining? PTHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

RothSucks
03-26-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by MAX
No, you are the sad one you dumbass. Why are you posting on a David Lee Roth fansite? I'll tell you why, because you don't have enough of a Spam fanbase to have your own forum.

Sam's got plenty of fans, he's been selling out shows regularly for the last six years. It's just to fun to see you guys whine so much. Your all talkin smack about Ed, but if he had picked Dave, yall know youd be singin ed's praises. But. much to your chagrin, Ed actually knows what he's doin.

Enjoy the boat shows

Panamark
03-26-2004, 01:58 AM
Its going to be fun watching this shit bomb though. You would think after all these years (especially after Ga y Cherone) that the brothers would have figured it out. (INSERT DR EVIL LAUGH HERE)

God, I feel so sorry for all you cool cats in the US. Im so glad this shit wont be coming to Oz. The half empty venues from their last Australian effort should be still fresh in their brains. hahahahha..

We want the real deal, or no deal......

RothSucks
03-26-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Hey RothSucks, theres Van Halen the legendary Rock Band, then theres Van Hagar the 80's synth Pop group. If you like all that Duran Duran, Flock of Seagulls, Human League, REO Speedwagon, Journey kinda shit, congratulations ! You got your little pop unit back.

Please, he leaves the most kick ass band in the world to do cheesy beach boy covers and just a gigolo. Roth even had a cheesy lounge act in Vegas for a while. Yeah they really lost their edge when he took off. Anything with Roth that came after the first VH album was pure cheese.

MAX
03-26-2004, 02:04 AM
Sam's got plenty of fans, he's been selling out shows regularly for the last six years.

Yep, you are right!!! Actually he played my city last night and nobody knew about it? You'd know more than I would, so what private party was it? LOL!

Panamark
03-26-2004, 02:08 AM
I think its funny that the Van Halen brothers think that anyone will be interested. (Other than a few thousand Sammy fans) In fact thats Hillarious, I bet they are banking on a huge return on a reunion
tour.... hahahhaha, oh this just keeps getting funnier....

RothSucks
03-26-2004, 02:08 AM
Well I've graced these boards with my presence long enough. I want to express my condolonces over the final nail in the coffin of Roth's career. I'm off to talk with some real fans who know good music. But, I just want to say, hang in there. With a little luck and a little optimism, maybe we'll let your boy be a roadie on the reunion tour.

In the meantime, enjoy the boatshows.

Panamark
03-26-2004, 02:10 AM
Off you go, your boyfriends are waiting !

Von Halen
03-26-2004, 02:13 AM
It's funny Van Hagar fans actually think this tour is relevant.

Why would they open the tour in one city, two nights, in two seperate venues?

Von Halen
03-26-2004, 02:14 AM
Oh, sorry. Wait, it's 7:00 am somewhere, isn't it?

seenbad
03-26-2004, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by MAX

You probably will be stupid enough to pay $130 for the official XXL Yellow tour jammys at the show?

Dude, that was a fookin classic zinger.:D Yellow tour jammy's? lmao. They call em' the whammy bammy amsterdammy sammy jammy.

Panamark
03-26-2004, 02:22 AM
Oh please let there be a god !! Please prevent the Van Halens from saying what Spammy can wear, Oh please let him chose his own clothing !! PLEASE LORD, PLEASE ! This shit is going to be priceless !!! :D

MAX
03-26-2004, 02:30 AM
Well I've graced these boards with my presence long enough.

What I'd like to know is why you were here in the first place?

In the meantime, enjoy the boatshows.

What, like this stellar gig?

The "Big SLC GIG!!! No wonder we couldn't order a pizza anywhere in town last night?!?!?! (http://www.novell.com/news/press/pressroom/presskit/brainshare2004/photos.html)

Soldiers, make sure to scroll down all the way to the bottom of the link cos he couldn't even headline a Novell Banquet on his own!!! LOL!!!

Glass houses mang. SSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!!

It's true folks, Spam played in a conference room in my own city and it didn't even make the radio? Oh well?

Panamark
03-26-2004, 02:41 AM
I think RothSucks is back in the Gay bar, Max... Interesting that Sam doesnt even attract a following in the US anymore. I can guarantee his following outside the US is nine tenths of fuckall...

Chaz Rock City
03-26-2004, 02:43 AM
Somebody asked me how I felt about Sammy being back in VH?

I said better

Better than what?

Better get me a bucket, cause I'm going to throw up!!

To those who mock Just A Gigolo, do you realize that Dave was had a hit doing swing music 11 years before the short lived swing trend in the 90's. That and Dave's ETAS line-up was a stellar line-up. Even Dave's Vegas band were killer players.

Panamark
03-26-2004, 02:46 AM
Oh more hilarity, Spammy is supposedly back, yet the Van Halens dont think it warrants an announcement. I dont blame them !!

Dave IS VH
03-26-2004, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by TMR
LOVERS are back in bed together......

Well, it's true Eddie likes it when Spammy butt fucks him.

There will be a lot of that this summer, along with Gay music.

Panamark
03-26-2004, 02:48 AM
I hope they include Mikey everynow and then, he will be heartbroken if Spammy no longer rims him on a regular basis...

Dave IS VH
03-26-2004, 02:56 AM
I hope they include Mikey everynow and then, he will be heartbroken if Spammy no longer rims him on a regular basis...

Don't worry, Mikey needs some gay love from Spammy too.

:D :p

Dirty Faced Kid
03-26-2004, 09:26 AM
Man, I don't see it printed anywhere but here... Are we sure that this is confirmed? If it is, just lie to me and say that it isn't.

Big Troubles
03-26-2004, 09:29 AM
www.van-halen.com

L.S.D.
03-26-2004, 10:44 AM
Are you guys fucking kidding. This tour will sell just like they did when they left. And then what will you say? what were you saying when they had 4 #1 albums and sold out tours across the globe? A bunch of fucking losers here. You sorry ass bitches didnt deserve a reunion with roth. either did he. And if it did, would eddie still be washed up? What a joke all you are.

distortion9
03-26-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by L.S.D.
Are you guys fucking kidding. This tour will sell just like they did when they left. And then what will you say? what were you saying when they had 4 #1 albums and sold out tours across the globe? A bunch of fucking losers here. You sorry ass bitches didnt deserve a reunion with roth. either did he. And if it did, would eddie still be washed up? What a joke all you are.

Why no MSG N.Y.C. assfuck?

L.S.D.
03-26-2004, 10:52 AM
you dont think that will be added bitch? Did you read the bottom, all dates are subject to change..... More dates are going to come, you think they will skip NYC? A bunch of dumb motherfuckers in this dwindling army.......youve lost the war boys.

L.S.D.
03-26-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Chaz Rock City
Somebody asked me how I felt about Sammy being back in VH?

I said better

Better than what?

Better get me a bucket, cause I'm going to throw up!!

To those who mock Just A Gigolo, do you realize that Dave was had a hit doing swing music 11 years before the short lived swing trend in the 90's. That and Dave's ETAS line-up was a stellar line-up. Even Dave's Vegas band were killer players.

fucking clueless.

Big Troubles
03-26-2004, 11:03 AM
Hey LSD, why are you even here, if your not a Roth fan? Its called the Roth Army for a reason. Pull your cock out of Hagar and get the fuck out. No homos in the Army. Now run along, before your bitch slapped back to Oprah's homepage.

High Life Man
03-26-2004, 11:04 AM
but if he had picked Dave, yall know youd be singin ed's praises.

Nope.

I'll always think Ed is a miserable shitbird and a waste of taint.

But at least with Dave the music would be grate.

Maybe it'll be foggy the night they fly out of Alpine Valley...the cunts.

distortion9
03-26-2004, 11:13 AM
you dont think that will be added bitch? Did you read the bottom, all dates are subject to change..... More dates are going to come, you think they will skip NYC? A bunch of dumb motherfuckers in this dwindling army.......youve lost the war boys.

No! I don't think it will be added.

Stern asked Shammy this very morning if they were playing NYC and the Red Fucker said "NO, Jersey".

Who's the dumb motherfucker? That's right !

Sammy Who??
03-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Sam's got plenty of fans, he's been selling out shows regularly for the last six years. It's just to fun to see you guys whine so much. Your all talkin smack about Ed, but if he had picked Dave, yall know youd be singin ed's praises. But. much to your chagrin, Ed actually knows what he's doin.

Enjoy the boat shows

Sammy hasn't been selling out shows for six years dumbass. Hagar's been barely keeping his head above water except when he's on top of your mother and your woman. then her pours tequila on their pussies and eats their snatchboxes.

Sammy Who??
03-26-2004, 11:23 AM

LSD get lost you piec of shit. can't get into SHLinks huh?

BTW, your mother gave me head last night

Big Troubles
03-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Sammy Who??
LSD get lost you piec of shit. can't get into SHLinks huh?

BTW, your mother gave me head last night

But thats not possible. Me and my buddies were taking turns fucking her ass and pussy. Unless you were their after 10pm....She did seem to be in a rush. :lol:

Dirty Faced Kid
03-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
www.van-halen.com

oh...

Lou
03-26-2004, 01:56 PM
Oh more hilarity, Spammy is supposedly back, yet the Van Halens dont think it warrants an announcement. I dont blame them !!

That's exactly right, it'd be 10 times a bigger deal if Roth was back. June 16th when Van Hagar rolls into Philadelphia I'll be making it a point at the time the show is supposed to be on to watch Largo '82 or US Fest '83 on DVD to listen to Van HALEN.

Lordorgazmo
03-26-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm glad they're not playing MSG, they're not worthy of playing the World's Most Famous Arena anymore.