X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dirty Duck
    Sniper
    • Aug 2005

Halloween (1978)

With the month of October already at our doorsteps,we know that Halloween, is right around the corner. In 1978 John Carpenter leashed the little film onto the world,and it became one of the biggest horror movies of all times. This was the firdt movie I ever saw as a kid and I wanted to be a director ever since. I started this thread, and called it Halloween for two reasons. 1) For any huge fans like myself who would like to reflect on the film,ect. 2) For the holiday itself..Halloween. Respond with favorite scary movies that will always remind you of your childhood and the memories of when being a kid and Haloween being the cooliest thing in the whole world!
  • Dirty Duck
    Sniper
    • Aug 2005

Movies that always remind me of Halloween:

1)Halloween

2)Dark Night Of the Scarecrow

3)The Exorcist

4)The Amityville Horror (The house located in the next town over from me)

5)Night Of the Living Dead

6)Phantasm

Comment

• Mr Badguy
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The first "Halloween" is a classic.

I remember I shit myself when I was younger.

I`ve seen it so many times that the impact has kind of worn off but I`ve sat with younger people who haven`t seen it and they still jump.

Also I get up to go to work at 4AM and if I`ve smoked too much hash the night before I always get that wierd noise in my head when Myers appears and disappears when I go out to get the car out of the garage.

A classic.
      sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
        Also I get up to go to work at 4AM and if I`ve smoked too much hash the night before I always get that wierd noise in my head when Myers appears and disappears when I go out to get the car out of the garage.
        Don't turn round...

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
          Don't turn round...

Yeah, especially when you get in the car.

sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Mr Badguy
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

"Halloween 3" was total shite.

What did it have to do with Michael Myers?
            sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Great film, I watch it every year at least once, but usually more.

The perfect balance of tension and violence, it's not some retarded splatter-fest. I'd say it's almost a HITCHCOCK level film.

And yes, a young and supple JAMIE LEE CURTIS!

Ooof!

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

I also watch this classic at least once a year. It's awesome. I also love the first sequel. HALLOWEEN was my favorite film as a kid (besides JAWS).

Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Bob_R
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Halloween the original is a classic. Scary ass movie.
                  Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Halloween was brilliant, agreed. Really not very gory, either. Thinking about what Carpenter did with a limited budget, virtually no stars and some plain, good old fashioned imagination...

I dig Halloween 2 just as much as the first one, truth be told. Some tend to say that Halloween was the only film in the series worth a damn, but the second one was a worthy follow-up.

Halloween 3 I always treat as just part of a different series. Plus, you get to see Stacy Nelkin's boobs in it.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Dirty Duck
                      Sniper
                      • Aug 2005

I Loved Haloween III. It's one of my fav's. Yeah..it had nothing to do with Mike Myers but i thought the story was creepy as hell. Killing all the kids around the world on halloween? That's some scary shit!

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

The original "Halloween" is an absolute classic! Unlike today's MTV inspired horror movies, "Halloween" relied on mood and imagery rather than gore and computer graphics.

It's been a tradition of mine to screen the movie every year on Halloween night. Hell I even own the soundtrack.

Fan-FUCKING-Tastic movie!
                        I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                          Halloween 3 I always treat as just part of a different series. Plus, you get to see Stacy Nelkin's boobs in it.
                          I really like HALLOWEEN III a lot. As a kid, I thought it was kind of silly...but fun. I watched it recently with a bunch of friends on Halloween, and we were all pretty impressed. Dan O'Herlihy plays a great villain, some of the scenes are truly shocking and the soundtrack is typical Carpenter brilliance.

The first three are still better than any of the other sequels, although HALLOWEEN IV is still pretty good. H20 is also okay.
                          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I actually liked H20 a lot moe than I thought I would. I usually hate the 18th sequel and never bother to see it. But in this case, they actually captured a little of the original's magic.

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

I've been catching the trailers for the remake of Carpenter's "The Fog" and I can only hope he'll NEVER EVER let anyone remake "Halloween." I'd be devastated if they turned it into some kind of MTV generated gore fest.
                              I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

Working...