PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Barker dies at 76

Soul Reaper
10-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Ronnie Barker of Open All Hours, Porridge and Two Ronnies fame has died today....a legend in my book....

Soul Reaper
10-04-2005, 03:27 PM
TV comedian Ronnie Barker has died after a long illness, his agent confirmed today.

The TV legend, famous for his hugely successful show, The Two Ronnies, was 76.

Barker is thought to have been ill for some time.

His agent Rosalind Chatto said he died yesterday at 12.15pm after a long period of heart trouble.

His wife was with him.

Ms Chatto said: ``He died yesterday after a long period of heart trouble.

“He died peacefully and his wife was with him. He had been nursed at home for a long time.”

Barker will be remembered as one of the most successful TV comedians of all time.

As well as The Two Ronnies, he also found success with Porridge and Open All Hours.

Here are some of Ronnie Barker’s most memorable lines:

:: “The man who invented the zip fastener was today honoured with a lifetime peerage. He will now be known as the Lord of the Flies.”

:: “The toilets at a local police station have been stolen. Police say they have nothing to go on.”

:: “In a packed programme tonight we will be talking to an out-of-work contortionist who says he can no longer make ends meet.”

Hardrock69
10-04-2005, 03:32 PM
Oh shit, first Nipsey Rusell, now Ronnie Barker.

Who is next?
:eek:

Reverberator
10-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Fucking absolute comadae GOD .

R.I.P , Big Lad .

Seshmeister
10-04-2005, 07:42 PM
R.I. pipipipipiP

Seshmeister
10-04-2005, 08:21 PM
http://www.boycebailey.com/b3ta/lessfunny.gif

Seshmeister
10-04-2005, 08:40 PM
http://www.iondesign.net/clients/webnoodle/pics/arkwright.jpg

Satan
10-05-2005, 12:34 AM
But Hell is getting much funnier :)

conmee
10-05-2005, 02:39 AM
Shit... I really liked Price is Right.... except when they gave away a three day weekend to New Orleans two days after Katrina... lmao!!!!!

;)

Icon.

conmee
10-05-2005, 02:40 AM
Sesh! Where the fuck is Benny Fucking Hill!!!!! That Limey was one of the funniest fuckers on TV when I was a kid!!! I'm fucked up because I get UK humor, I know... lol

Icon.

Seshmeister
10-05-2005, 04:24 AM
He died a few years ago.

His stuff isn't rerun here because it's seen as sexist and childish.

I hear Michael Jackson is a big fan too...:)

conmee
10-05-2005, 04:40 AM
Sexist and childish? He was the David Lee Roth of comedy... if that ain't good ol' sexist and childish fun, than I don't know what is?

And there's a big difference between CHILDISH and CHILD MOLESTER.... lmao

And you think the Americans are prudes.... I wouldn't want to live in a country that didn't air Benny Hill.... lmao

Icon.

Seshmeister
10-05-2005, 04:46 AM
You up drinking at this time?

No wonder your software doesn't work...:)

Nitro Express
10-05-2005, 05:09 AM
Political correctness drives me insane. Thames Television canned Benny Hill in a very rude way because too many people were complaining that the show was sexist. Go figure. Women today spend a fortune on boob implants, bikini waxing, makup, sexy clothes and swimsuits to make us horny men notice them. Nothing has changed. It's just when it's potrayed in an entertainment form sarcastically, it's sexist. Well, hey, the story of life is horny men chasing a piece of ass and everything that takes place in that adventure. Benny Hill made fun of that like a true master. It was all about having a dick for a brain and pussy and tits manipulating the hell out of the dumb fuck. If anything, Benny Hill showed the power women have. They fucking can make a man drive a car off the fucking road because he was checking the ass out on the bicycle.

Seshmeister
10-05-2005, 05:39 AM
Daphne's early days...

http://www.unclemelon.com/melonade25.jpg

Soul Reaper
10-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Satan
But Hell is getting much funnier :)

I bet it is....lucky sod head!