PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Turns in Student’s Anti-Bush Photo, Secret Service Investigates Him

steve
10-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Wal-Mart Turns in Student’s Anti-Bush Photo, Secret Service Investigates Him
Matthew Rothschild
October 4, 2005

Selina Jarvis is the chair of the social studies department at Currituck County High School in North Carolina, and she is not used to having the Secret Service question her or one of her students.

But that’s what happened on September 20.

Jarvis had assigned her senior civics and economics class “to take photographs to illustrate their rights in the Bill of Rights,” she says. One student “had taken a photo of George Bush out of a magazine and tacked the picture to a wall with a red thumb tack through his head. Then he made a thumb’s down sign with his own hand next to the President’s picture, and he had a photo taken of that, and he pasted it on a poster.”

According to Jarvis, the student, who remains anonymous, was just doing his assignment, illustrating the right to dissent.

But over at the Kitty Hawk Wal-Mart, where the student took his film to be developed, this right is evidently suspect.

An employee in that Wal-Mart photo department called the Kitty Hawk police on the student. And the Kitty Hawk police turned the matter over to the Secret Service.

On Tuesday, September 20, the Secret Service came to Currituck High.“At 1:35, the student came to me and told me that the Secret Service had taken his poster,” Jarvis says. “I didn’t believe him at first. But they had come into my room when I wasn’t there and had taken his poster, which was in a stack with all the others.”

She says the student was upset.

“He was nervous, he was scared, and his parents were out of town on business,” says Jarvis.

She, too, had to talk to the Secret Service.

“Halfway through my afternoon class, the assistant principal got me out of class and took me to the office conference room,” she says. “Two men from the Secret Service were there. They asked me what I knew about the student. I told them he was a great kid, that he was in the homecoming court, and that he’d never been in any trouble.”

Then they got down to his poster.

“They asked me, didn’t I think that it was suspicious,” she recalls. “I said no, it was a Bill of Rights project!”

At the end of the meeting, they told her the incident “would be interpreted by the U.S. attorney, who would decide whether the student could be indicted,” she says.

The student was not indicted, and the Secret Service did not pursue the case further.

“I blame Wal-Mart more than anybody,” she says. “I was really disgusted with them. But everyone was using poor judgment, from Wal-Mart up to the Secret Service.”

A person in the photo department at the Wal-Mart in Kitty Hawk said, “You have to call either the home office or the authorities to get any information about that.”

Jacquie Young, a spokesperson for Wal-Mart at company headquarters, did not provide comment within a 24-hour period.

Sharon Davenport of the Kitty Hawk Police Department said, “We just handed it over” to the Secret Service. “No investigative report was filed.”

Jonathan Scherry, spokesman for the Secret Service in Washington, D.C., said, “We ertainly respect artistic freedom, but we also have the responsibility to look into incidents when necessary. In this case, it was brought to our attention from a private citizen, a photo lab employee.”

Jarvis uses one word to describe the whole incident: “ridiculous.”

bueno bob
10-05-2005, 10:54 AM
Fucking absurd.

Sad thing is, it doesn't surprise me in the least...employment at Wal Mart is a jumping board for employment with the secret service still, right?

Hardrock69
10-05-2005, 11:03 AM
They actively seek employees who have an IQ less than their shoe size....

bueno bob
10-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

By today's standards, I certainly can't see getting into the Secret Service as being much more difficult than getting on with Wal-Mart...

Hardrock69
10-05-2005, 11:11 AM
No shit.

Wasting taxpayer money to investigate a photo of Chimp with a pin holding the photo up on the wall....that is fucking pathetic.

Where we these paranoid-delusional SS Agents when JFK was in Dallas?

Nickdfresh
10-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Actually, that's another JFK conspiracy theory, that one of the secret Service guys stood up to return fire at Oswald, and his brand new AR-15/M-16 assault rifle prematurely went off into the back of JFK's head. I'll see if I can't find the photo, but it's probably bullshit...

Satan
10-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Yet another reason to never shop at Wal Mart.

Not that we have them in Hell anyway.

Hardrock69
10-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Why not? Isn't your job to torment people?

Seshmeister
10-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Leader of the free world.....?

jhale667
10-05-2005, 12:23 PM
F Wal-Mart.

FORD
10-05-2005, 12:25 PM
Unfortunately, this doesn't surprise me in the least. The Wally World mentality and the BCE mentality are one and the same. If you put a thumbtack through a picture of the Chimp, you're with the terraists :rolleyes:

Hardrock69
10-05-2005, 01:10 PM
terrists....
;)

Guitar Shark
10-05-2005, 01:26 PM
Is there a link to this story? I haven't been able to find it anywhere on the net.

diamondD
10-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Doesn't matter as long as it's got the left point of view. Pay attention!

4moreyears
10-05-2005, 01:51 PM
Where is the link? Why is this not shut down??? This looks like a chain e-mail.

Mezro
10-05-2005, 02:14 PM
If you shop at Wal-Mart, you are an enemy of free speech and expression.

Mezro...and if you work at Wal-Mart, use that employee discount to buy a rifle...then stick it in your mouth...and slowly squeeze the trigger while greeting hicks at the door...

BigBadBrian
10-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Mezro

Mezro...and if you work at Wal-Mart, use that employee discount to buy a rifle...then stick it in your mouth...and slowly squeeze the trigger while greeting hicks at the door...

It's this elitist mentality that will lose the Democrats the White House again in 2008. They are truly out of touch with the people.

:gulp:

jacksmar
10-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Where we these paranoid-delusional SS Agents

A DEMOCRATIC Party operative who worked as an advance man for Hillary Rodham Clinton for eight years says she regularly used "goon squads" to subdue anti-Clinton demonstrators.
http://entertainment.excite.com/celebgossip/pgsix/id/10_27_2002_2.html

I really wonder about some of leftist bullshit that get posted here.

In the summer of 1996 Glenn and Patricia Mendoza attended A Taste of Chicago, in Chicago, Illinois. An event which President Clinton was also attending. Mrs. Mendoza allegedly yelled, \"You suck! And those boys died.\" Referring to the earlier incident in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, in which an explosion was set off, probably by a terrorist, killing 19 servicemen. Mrs. Mendoza believed Mr. Clinton was somehow at fault for the explosion, explaining her comments. Some feel that Bill Clinton caused or contributed to the cause of these murders, though I'm not sure how. At any rate, 15 minutes after Clinton departed the event, Mrs. Mendoza was arrested for her comments. \"You might need a lawyer!\" her husband Glenn shouted, then found himself in cuffs as well. Now, if you feel that perhaps Mrs. Mendoza shouldn't have used the term, \"You suck!\" then try this one on for size.

In 1993, William Kelly of Chicago was arrested for shouting to Clinton asking where was the middle class tax cut...

Mezro
10-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
It's this elitist mentality that will lose the Democrats the White House again in 2008. They are truly out of touch with the people.

Good thing I am not a Democrat.

Mezro...I don't need a party, I am a party...

Hardrock69
10-05-2005, 02:51 PM

Yes, the White House is truly out of touch with The People.

Hardrock69
10-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
Where is the link? Why is this not shut down??? This looks like a chain e-mail.

Why don't you stop whining, crybab,y and find the story yourself? It is not too hard....

I Googled it in under 30 seconds.

BigBadBrian
10-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Why don't you stop whining, crybaby and find the story yourself? It is not too hard....

I Googled it in under 30 seconds.

He's making a point you moron.

I'm going to start posting Howard Dean stuff from FreeRepublic.

It had better not get closed.

Hardrock69
10-05-2005, 03:03 PM
OOOooh!

:eek:

Howard Dean stuff!

I am scared!

MOMMY!!!

Why don't YOU stop bitching and find it yourself?

BigBadBrian
10-05-2005, 03:07 PM
OOOooh!

:eek:

Howard Deam stuff!

I am scared!

MOMMY!!!

Why don't YOU stop bitching and find it yourself?

I have noticed quite a few spelling an grammatical errors in your posts today. Did you take your medication? I'm just trying to be helpful...seriously.

If that doesn't help, Elvis and I will pray for you. :)

FORD
10-05-2005, 03:18 PM
He's making a point you moron.

I'm going to start posting Howard Dean stuff from FreeRepublic.

It had better not get closed.

Freak Republic is a racist hate site. I don't believe their Nazi propaganda reflects the values of the Roth Army.

Hardrock69
10-05-2005, 03:24 PM
I have noticed quite a few spelling an grammatical errors in your posts today. Did you take your medication? I'm just trying to be helpful...seriously.

If that doesn't help, Elvis and I will pray for you. :)

Those are known as "typos", moron. Pray for yourselves. You will need all the help you can get someday.

In the meantime, while you are jacking off over your Howard DEAN stuff, here is some more Gestapo activity involving Der Fuehrer:

1. Secret Service Investigates Teen's Art Project Depicting Bush As Devil

PROSSER, Wash. -- One drawing showed President Bush's head on a stick. Another depicted Bush as a devil launching a missile.
The drawings by a 15-year-old boy in Prosser, Washington, were enough to prompt some questions from the Secret Service.
Agents questioned the teen after being called by police. The boy's art teacher told school officials about the drawings, and they called police.
The boy was not arrested but the school district has taken disciplinary action.

Prosser police Chief Win Taylor says the boy and his sketches were seen as "a threat against the president of the United States. And we notified the Secret Service because that's their bailiwick." He sees the situation as a clear-cut case.
"First of all, the disturbing part was the extreme violence depicted in the pictures," said Taylor, who has seen the drawings. "We assume that he deliberately took an action of his own free will, which he reasonably should have known was against the code of conduct."
When pressed as to whether he really thought the 15-year-old student had a plan to harm the president, Taylor said that as a child of the '60s, he understands dissent and protest. But times have changed.
"We've been in a different ballgame because police were attacked after what happened in Columbine," Taylor said. "Since then, we've all been under the gun with all these mandated policies for school security plans. ... Now for whatever reason, it's 'Oh, we want you to use discretion again.' We can't win."
link to pr forum post
---This is a good sign. When the Secret Service and the local cops are harassing budding artists that must mean there's no terrorist or assassination threats to worry about.

Linky for poor widdul 4moreyears:

http://www.spitting-image.net/archives/001041.html

2. Feds probe politically charged art exhibit
Secret Service focuses interest on provocative image of Bush

CHICAGO - The Secret Service sent agents to investigate a college art gallery exhibit of mock postage stamps, one depicting President Bush with a gun pointed at his head.

The exhibit, called $B!H(BAxis of Evil: The Secret History of Sin,$B!I(B opened last week at Columbia College in Chicago. It features stamps designed by 47 artists addressing issues such as the Roman Catholic sex abuse scandal, racism and the war in Iraq.

None of the artists is tied to the college.

Secret Service spokesman Tom Mazur would not say Tuesday whether the inquiry had been completed or whom the Secret Service had interviewed, but he said no artwork had been confiscated.

The investigation began after authorities received a call from a Chicago resident.

$B!H(BWe need to ensure, as best we can, that this is nothing more than artwork with a political statement,$B!I(B Mazur said.

A question of rights
Two federal agents arrived at the exhibit$B!G(Bs opening night Thursday, took photos of some of the works and asked for the artists$B!G(B contact information, said CarolAnn Brown, the gallery$B!G(Bs director.

Brown said the agents were most interested in Chicago artist Al Brandtner$B!G(Bs work titled $B!H(BPatriot Act,$B!I(B which depicted a sheet of mock 37-cent red, white and blue stamps showing a handgun pointed at Bush$B!G(Bs head.

Brandtner did not return a call to his design studio Tuesday.

The exhibit$B!G(Bs curator, Michael Hernandez de Luna, said the inquiry $B!H(Bfrightens$B!I(B him.

$B!H(BIt starts questioning all rights, not only my rights or the artists$B!G(B rights in this room, but questioning the rights of any artist who creates $B!=(B any writer, any visual artist, any performance artist. It seems like we$B!G(Bre being watched,$B!I(B he said.

Last spring, Secret Service agents in Washington state questioned a high school student about antiwar drawings he did for an art class, one of which depicted Bush$B!G(Bs head on a stick.
© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Linky for poor widdul BigBadBrian:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7480455/

3. Secret Service Investigates Student

[NEW YORK - 2/16/01 - AP] -- The Secret Service has been accused of trampling on the free speech rights of a college student who wrote a satirical editorial asking Jesus to "smite" President Bush.

The letter was published last week in the Stony Brook Press at the State University of New York campus in Stony Brook. It was written by Glenn Given, 22 the paper's managing editor.

Titled "Editorial: Dear Jesus Christ, King of all Kings, All I ask is that you smite George W. Bush." It also asked Jesus to strike down Bush, his cabinet and MTV personality Carson Daly.

A faculty member apparently contacted authorities.

Given said two Secret Service agents and a campus police officer showed up Wednesday to interrogate him.

They had him sign waivers authorizing them to check his medical records, threatened to charge him with a crime and searched his apartment, according to a letter of protest sent to the Secret Service by the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press.

"The editorial was clearly a form of satire and political hyperbole" in response to Bush's well-publicized devotion to Christianity, the letter said. "We believe it is inappropriate to harass a journalist, editor, writer or citizen for exercising his or her right to free speech."

Given said his work was "a piece of absurdity."

A Secret Service spokesman in Washington, Tony Ball, said the agency had received the letter, but declined to discuss the case.

"We take all threats seriously," Ball said. "We don't have the luxury to do otherwise."

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only.

[posted 2/17/01]

Winky-poo for crybaby BigBadBrian:

http://www.refuseandresist.org/resist_this/021701smite.html

Sarge's Little Helper
10-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Fuck the BCE!!

FORD
10-05-2005, 03:29 PM
So depicting Bush as SATAN is a threat to Bush??

I think it's more an insult to SATAN, truthfully...

Only in fucking Prosser.....proof that backwards redneck towns can exist in even the most allegedly "liberal" state. :rolleyes:

Hardrock69
10-05-2005, 03:31 PM
LMFAO!!!!

bueno bob
10-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Mezro

An absolutely beautiful post, Mez.

FORD
10-05-2005, 03:39 PM

Titled "Editorial: Dear Jesus Christ, King of all Kings, All I ask is that you smite George W. Bush."

http://www.wilsonsalmanac.com/toons/bush_jesus.gif

steve
10-05-2005, 03:47 PM
http://progressive.org/mag_mc100405

The link to the story.

BTW: I don't claim "The Progressive" is the definitive source of unbiased news, but the article - which is written well and gives sources - does not seem to eggagerate the incident.

Cathedral
10-05-2005, 04:00 PM
What's wrong with taking a job at Wal-Mart?
Families have to eat don't they?

Try feeding your family pride and see how fat they get.
there isn't a whole lot of protein in a pride diet.

bueno bob
10-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

No offense, Cat, but I did a gig at Wal-Mart years back...I'd just as soon go to work for McDonalds, were I getting down to that point.

Seeing how that company operates from the inside, and seeing how they actually treat their employees, I couldn't encourage anybody to do it, not under any circumstances.

Hardrock69
10-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Can you say "Legalized Slavery"?

Sure...I knew you could!

Cathedral
10-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
No offense, Cat, but I did a gig at Wal-Mart years back...I'd just as soon go to work for McDonalds, were I getting down to that point.

Seeing how that company operates from the inside, and seeing how they actually treat their employees, I couldn't encourage anybody to do it, not under any circumstances.

No offense taken, bro!
I do however think that as a stepping stone, it puts food on a table for those who have no other choice.
I would never look at that job as a career path, but when times are tough a person does what they have to do.

But of course, if McDonalds pays better then it's a no-brainer.
But a guy like me with Shipping and Recieving and management experience, McDonalds can't compete with the pay.

Seshmeister
10-05-2005, 04:25 PM
In the past

I guess the problem is that in the old days you could have got a job at a number of stores which have all been replaced by one big one in many places.

This removes competition and means that WAL-MART and their equivalents can treat their staff much worse.

Whatever happened to the strict anti trust laws....?

Nickdfresh
10-05-2005, 05:40 PM

Yeah, people enjoy sending $billions$ to IRAQ, watching American cities die as it's Republican led gov't appoints partisan fuck bags to sensitive disaster response posts, and the middle class enjoys huge increases in gas prices while the BUSH clan and his TEXAS cronies profit, and the corruption scandals abound in the...

Seems like Republicans are "touching" people like they're in an orphange run by Catholic Priests these days.:)

Nickdfresh
10-05-2005, 05:41 PM

Nothing...

...if they had a union.:)

Cathedral
10-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
In the past

I guess the problem is that in the old days you could have got a job at a number of stores which have all been replaced by one big one in many places.

This removes competition and means that WAL-MART and their equivalents can treat their staff much worse.

Whatever happened to the strict anti trust laws....?

That is in a sense exactly what happened to all of my local family owned hobby shops in town.
The big retail chains came in, offered the same stuff at a lower price and then when the small business failed the big boys phase out the entire hobby stock altogether.

It's like they go after the business, they get it, then do absolutely nothing to maintain that business,
And since Grandpa at the hobby shop is out of business now, what does a consumer do?

It forced me to shop online and pay a little extra to ship stuff, but i get what i want every time.

By the way, nobody has worked for a more fucked up company than Levitz Furniture. that place had so many politics going on and back stabbing from the top down behind closed doors....I got my first real hard look at Corporate Greed, baby.
When i was promoted to warehouse manager, i had no idea of the soap opera that was being cast.

All of a sudden the chick you have been rejected by since you started working there comes over to your apartment and fucks your brains out. then Mrs. Nancy Morrison, the Assistant to the Regional Manager, has a fetish for after hours fucking anywhere in the store....Hey, it's a furniture store, your ideal bedroom is on display somewhere on the floor, lol.
That shit was a rush too, inside a huge store, a couple all alone and nude, fucking a horny older woman like the bitch has never been fucked before (well, you hope you are anyway).

Youth is wasted on the young, lol.

Anyway, screw up once and the teeth come out, people start talking, respect gets lost, words fly, jobs are stolen and the one's on the bottom are kicked, lied about and insulted.

Then someone gets hurt................end of story.

The GM was a semi-retired rocket scientist, that should explain it all.
Elitest people feeling important but without a shred of common sense in their fucking head or an once of compassion in the heart.

But you don't have to be American to be like that, you could be British too, lmmfao.

You want job security?
Then get therapy, there is no such beast and the persuit of it is an excercise in futility.

Mezro
10-05-2005, 05:54 PM
But a guy like me with Shipping and Recieving and management experience, McDonalds can't compete with the pay.

You would make a killing at the Port of Oakland Cath.

Mezro...have a friend who works over there and he makes a very, very nice living driving a forklift...seems like fun too...

Nickdfresh
10-05-2005, 06:08 PM
It's interesting that one of Wal-Mart's biggest, most articulate critics is an ex-highly paid store/regional manager. He was promoted to the corporate offices (I believe) and began to witness the cold, calculating transformation of Cunt-Mart from down home country store chain to CHINESE-ass-licking traitor HQ as they began to shit all over their employees, and the American owned businesses they dealt with. He was profiled on PBS's "FRONTLINE" a few months ago.

Some of the original employees of Wal-Mart that worked in low-level clerk and stock positions are now millionaires due to stock options that are no longer obtainable to the rank and file. Wal-Mart has done more to destroy the American dream for the working class than "liberal elitists" (as opposed to "conservative elitists?":rolleyes: ) ever have. There's plenty of money in working for Wal-Mart, you just have to be a ruthless traitor to cash in...Fuck, just get a gov't security clearance and sell secrets to China, you'd probably do less damage to the long-term interests of America.:)

Is Walmart Good For America? (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22829)

Nitro Express
10-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Nothing new. The Secret Service has always investigated people who show violent tendancies towards the president. If you put the face of the president puckered up on a bike seat and sold them, you probably would hear a thing from the Secret Service. It's a crude, non-violent joke where you are saying "The president can kiss my ass!" If you were to print up some targets with the presidents face on them, you are in big trouble! Shoving a thumb tack throught the presidents head shows a certain degree of violent thought and the Secret Service investigates because a person who does this may have tendancies to do more. Most normal people don't do that.

So my suggestion is if anyone wants to make fun of Bush, do it in a non-violent way. A thumb tack isn't as funny as Bush eating out Coni Leeza Rice and a caption that reads,"Who says I don't like black people?"

blueturk
10-05-2005, 07:38 PM

Then why isn't Dubya working at Wal-Mart instead of his current job?

"We look forward to hearing your vision, so we can more better do our job. That's what I'm telling you." —George W. Bush, Gulfport, Miss

BigBadBrian
10-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by FORD
DemocraticUnderground is a racist hate site. I don't believe their Nazi propaganda reflects the values of the Roth Army.

Yup.

frets5150
10-05-2005, 10:53 PM

Sure...I knew you could!

Believe it or not Mr Rodgers met with CHIMPIE:rolleyes:

frets5150
10-05-2005, 10:53 PM

Sure...I knew you could!

rucalobe
10-05-2005, 10:54 PM
The Bush administration is a total failure in all respects. The investigative services are busy chasing kids expressing their First Amendment rights while a spy from the Phillipines roamed the White House and stole a bunch of secrets from Dick Cheney's office. So much for being the safest place in the world...

FORD
10-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by frets5150

I believe it. Somebody had to tell the monkey how to get dressed.

Funny thing is though, Mr Rogers died not long after that. :(

Was he another BCE hit? Did he criticize the Chimp to his face and then meet with a CIA needle?

frets5150
10-05-2005, 11:21 PM
I believe it. Somebody had to tell the monkey how to get dressed.

Was he another BCE hit? Did he criticize the Chimp to his face and then meet with a CIA needle?

Nah the poor guy died of stomach cancer but if it was'nt a fact i would'nt doubt it. That picture really disturbs me 1 guy a great humanbeing the other a murdering COCK go figure:mad:

ELVIS
10-05-2005, 11:38 PM

Shut the fuck up!

Please go find a man in your area to have discrete sex with...

FORD
10-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Shut the fuck up!

Please go find a man in your area to have discrete sex with...

Elvis is advocating homosexuality???

Somebody get me Pastor Danny's phone number :eek:

ELVIS
10-05-2005, 11:53 PM
I'll give you his number if you really want it...

:elvis:

David Lee Rocks
10-06-2005, 12:19 AM
Walmart also edits their Cds for content!! Those motherfuckers!! I have a friend who was gonna buy the latest Weezer CD, he asked an employee if that cd was edited for content, the employee said yes, and my friend dropped the CD right there!! hehehehhehhee

FORD
10-06-2005, 01:09 AM
Oregon woman kicked off flight in Reno over "offensive" shirt
Oct 5, 2005, 08:37 AM

A Portland woman's flight home was stopped short in Reno, all because the message on the T-shirt she was wearing.

Lorrie Heasley claims it's a freedom of speech privilege, but airline officials say the message brings safety concerns. :rolleyes:

Heasley, "There are bigger problems in the country, I can't believe people can be so petty."

Heasley boarded her flight Tuesday morning in Los Angeles, headed for Portland, Oregon with a stopover in Reno. But when Southwest Airlines employees asked her to cover her shirt, her stop over became a stop off her flight.

"I was told that basically that I had to cover my shirt, or I was told if I cover the shirt I can basically stay on the plane."

So she covered the shirt, but during a nap while passengers were boarding in Reno the cover came off. And Southwest employees insisted, change the shirt, or change flights. "I didn't feel that I should have to change my shirt, because we live in the United States, and it's freedom of speech and it was based on the move "The Fockers", and I didn't think it should have offended anyone."

But it did.

The shirt had pictures of members of the Bush Administration, and a phrase based on the movie "Meet the Fockers," but with one crucial vowel changed.

It was enough to cause complaints from other passengers and it's a problem the airline has had to deal with before.

Beth Harbin, Southwest Airlines, "We do get it occasionally. What someone is wearing, what someone is reading, what someone might be saying and it's very much a judgment call. But when other customers become concerned we do have to become involved in that and see what we can do to make everyone as comfortable as we can."

And while Southwest may have kept the peace on it's afternoon hop to Portland, a woman, not afraid to use her freedom of speech will now be using her freedom of choice.

"I most likely wont be flying Southwest Airlines again after this."

Southwest Airlines told Heasley she could take a different flight home if she changed her shirt. She refused and opted to rent a car and drive home.

link (http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3939788&nav=8faO)

http://www.mentalmercy.com/images/articles/2005011613511018_1.jpg

Hardrock69
10-06-2005, 02:06 AM
Now THAT picture says it all...

Nitro Express
10-06-2005, 03:50 AM
I thought Jimmy Carter got dumped on hard during his presidency but Bush is standing infront of a shit cannon these days. I haven't seen this since the Nixon Administration. Hell, Watergate these days would be a mistamenor. Occupying a country for it's oil and using one of the biggest tragedies in US history as the excuse to do it makes G. Gordon Liddy's spy opperation look like nothing.

Seshmeister
10-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Shoving a thumb tack throught the presidents head shows a certain degree of violent thought and the Secret Service investigates because a person who does this may have tendancies to do more. Most normal people don't do that.

Maybe I'm not normal but I can't get that argument.

When I was a teenager I'm pretty sure I put thumb tacks though Dave Roth, Ozzy, some playboy centrefolds and various others when I put them up on my wall.

I'm actually laughing here at the thought that in a country where you can freely buy vehicle mounted .50 calibre machine guns at a show you are worried about the dangerous violent nature of thumb tacks...:)

Hardrock69
10-06-2005, 09:43 AM
OOoooOoOOoooh!!!

A RED thumbtack!!!

EVIL! Bad! Homicidal maniac!!!!

:rolleyes:

This all could have been avoided.

I have some nice film gear. Thing is, most people do not have a darkroom setup in their own home. Myself included.

So the answer is to buy a fucking digital camera!!

That way you can take photos, and RETARD FUCKING IDIOTS AT A FUCKING GODDAMNED SLAVE-KAMP WHOSE JOB IS TO DEVELOP FUCKING FILM WILL NOT BE SPOOKED BY A MOTHERFUCKING RED THUMBTACK!!!!

:mad:

Sesh put it grate:

I'm actually laughing here at the thought that in a country where you can freely buy vehicle mounted .50 calibre machine guns at a show you are worried about the dangerous violent nature of thumb tacks.

Nickdfresh
10-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Maybe I'm not normal but I can't get that argument.

When I was a teenager I'm pretty sure I put thumb tacks though Dave Roth, Ozzy, some playboy centrefolds and various others when I put them up on my wall.

I'm actually laughing here at the thought that in a country where you can freely buy vehicle mounted .50 calibre machine guns at a show you are worried about the dangerous violent nature of thumb tacks...:)

Well, a bolt-action .50 caliber sniper rifle is far more accessible here.
http://www.gb-tech.com.tw/images/M82A1/VFC_M82A1_430x230_1.jpg
My, what a terra-ist could do with one of these things, and the right kind of ammo. I wonder if they sell them at Wal-Mart? I bet you could special order one at least...

Pink Spider
10-06-2005, 12:34 PM
OOoooOoOOoooh!!!

A RED thumbtack!!!

EVIL! Bad! Homicidal maniac!!!!

:rolleyes:

Hey, he might have taken over an airplane with nailclippers.

You never know.

Pink Spider
10-06-2005, 12:36 PM
I for one am glad that the secret service is taking time out of their day and using my tax dollars to investigate nailclipper/thumbtack terrorists.

I feel much safer.

Seshmeister
10-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Well, a bolt-action .50 caliber sniper rifle is far more accessible here.
http://www.gb-tech.com.tw/images/M82A1/VFC_M82A1_430x230_1.jpg
My, what a terra-ist could do with one of these things, and the right kind of ammo. I wonder if they sell them at Wal-Mart? I bet you could special order one at least...

I guess that's for hunting deer that wear kevlar?

Seshmeister
10-06-2005, 01:07 PM
That are 1 and a half miles away.

I'm having trouble imagining that.

Shooting a deer from 4 long par 5s away...

Pink Spider
10-06-2005, 01:08 PM
All I know is that Bambi is fucked.

steve
10-06-2005, 01:15 PM
All I know is that Sesh's avatar is making me cringe.

Seshmeister
10-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Me too...:)

Nickdfresh
10-06-2005, 02:21 PM
That are 1 and a half miles away.

I'm having trouble imagining that.

Shooting a deer from 4 long par 5s away...

Half the deer would be gone. There's grisly WMA around the internet of Taliban being hit by US and Canadian snipers in Afghanistan. Literally parts of their bodies go flying into the air after being hit from a distance by these caliber of rounds, designed to bring down airplanes before WWII.

Here's a link (http://www.gagreport.com/bizarrenews%20-%20video%20-%20US%20sniper%20in%20Iraq.htm). Graphic.

BigBadBrian
10-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Half the deer would be gone. There's grisly WMA around the internet of Taliban being hit by US and Canadian snipers in Afghanistan. Literally parts of their bodies go flying into the air after being hit from a distance by these caliber of rounds, designed to bring down airplanes before WWII.

Here's a link (http://www.gagreport.com/bizarrenews%20-%20video%20-%20US%20sniper%20in%20Iraq.htm). Graphic.

Their bodies literally explode. :killer:

Nitro Express
10-07-2005, 04:50 AM
They have made bolt action 50 BMG caliber rifles for years. Show me one instance where one was ever used in a crime. They originally were products of gunsmiths just seeing what they could build. Kind of like Elmer Kieth seeing how much he could load up a 44 Special. The end result was the 44 magnum. The 50 BMG rifle was really just a hobby gun, but then people found out they were accurate at long range. Of course the military found it useful. But the 50 BMG rifle was originally just a bunch of gunsmiths fucking around in the 1950's seeing how far they could hit a target with a rifle.

Nitro Express
10-07-2005, 04:52 AM
But fuck those little rifles, I like to shoot my black powder cannon.