PDA

View Full Version : Roth Making Guest Appearances w/ Van Hagar...

ZahZoo
03-26-2004, 09:40 AM
This was posted over at the board y'all love to hate... odds are pretty good it's bullshit.... but who the hell knows... take it for what's it's worth...

Liam B. of William Morris has confirmed that an agreement between VH & DLR will put DLR on stage each night for 2-4 songs in the format of 'encores' after the band's 2nd main set and 1st encore with Hagar. Deal terms have not been ascertained but this additional wrinkle will be made public according to Mr. B. in approx. 2-3 weeks to spike ticket sales in the already announced dates as well as soon to be announced additional dates that will go well into Autumn. Mr. B has added that DLR will be speaking on behalf of VH 'with comedic effect' on a national tour of top rock major market radio shows regarding the whole VH saga over the last 6 years.

Dr. Love
03-26-2004, 09:43 AM
sweet.

steve
03-26-2004, 09:44 AM
TOTAL BULLSHIT.

degüello
03-26-2004, 09:46 AM
God, the title of this thread alone was enough to make me want to throw up.

degüello
03-26-2004, 09:47 AM
Complete and utter crap.

Dave would never, ever do that. Gimme a fucking break.

FORD
03-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Eddymon's bullshit machine is back in full production already?

Dr. Love
03-26-2004, 09:55 AM
Just like Dave would never tour with Sam, right? ;)

azcrdnal
03-26-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by steve
TOTAL BULLSHIT. no it's not.

Von Halen
03-26-2004, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't totally discount that post.

While I don't really believe it will come together, and I don't believe that format of 2-4 encore songs, I do believe the idea has been kicked about.

Of course, if for some reason Dave is already there at the shows anyway.............

Are there more surprises in store?

Dr. Love
03-26-2004, 09:58 AM
here's what gets me:

Liam B. of William Morris has confirmed that an agreement between VH & DLR will put DLR on stage each night for 2-4 songs in the format of 'encores' after the band's 2nd main set and 1st encore with Hagar. Deal terms have not been ascertained but this additional wrinkle will be made public according to Mr. B. in approx. 2-3 weeks to spike ticket sales in the already announced dates as well as soon to be announced additional dates that will go well into Autumn. Mr. B has added that DLR will be speaking on behalf of VH 'with comedic effect' on a national tour of top rock major market radio shows regarding the whole VH saga over the last 6 years.

2 main sets? Who is doing the other?

Could they possibly try to please ALL the VH fans?

I hope so. :(

Full Bug
03-26-2004, 10:02 AM
Too bad Roth wouldnt make some sort of public comment on what he thinks on the whole Sammy back thing, at least we would know where he stands, although I bet it wouldnt be much different then what he has said in the past......

L.S.D.
03-26-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Full Bug
Too bad Roth wouldnt make some sort of public comment on what he thinks on the whole Sammy back thing, at least we would know where he stands, although I bet it wouldnt be much different then what he has said in the past......

yeah, like, "I am a washed up freak who wanted that job back too. But I cant get along with anybody so I fucked myself on that. But who cares? I am the party."

get over it and move on.

FORD
03-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Blow me you fucking sheep.:blow:

L.S.D.
03-26-2004, 10:50 AM
how are we sheep, and your not? I dont get it, and hahahahahahahaha, its over ford, its all over, rest well tonight.

Catfish
03-26-2004, 10:54 AM
If this happens I'll eat my own cock. Swear to God.

L.S.D.
03-26-2004, 10:57 AM
I will pay to see that.

Catfish
03-26-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by azcrdnal
no it's not.

So when does Reactor come out, shit for brains?

Catfish
03-26-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by L.S.D.
I will pay to see that.

I know you would you filthy queer.

Eat a bowl of fried foreskins, bitch.

knuckleboner
03-26-2004, 10:58 AM
well...

i certainly think that dave would absolutely refuse to be a sideshow attraction in the van halen tour (featuring sam.)

but...just imagine (since it won't happen) the reaction...the crowd's reaction to dave's 2-4 song encore would completely drown out any cheers they had for van hagar taking the stage.

deep down, sam's gotta know this, and while i still think dave'd be 100% against this concept, i'd guess sam would be even more so.

Catfish
03-26-2004, 11:01 AM
Even so, it'd be one trick pony. After it happens the first time, word will soar and it won’t be a surprise anymore.

Then again, the entire audience will be waiting for that part of the show...

But they’d have to sit through the Sap first...

Piss on that band.

High Life Man
03-26-2004, 11:15 AM
The crowd would boo Fagar off the stage the next show after Dave made his appearance.

It would be a brilliant move actually, but Eddie isn't smart enough for that.

Good try, but bullshit.

degüello
03-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Considering Dave's remarks re. playing with Anthony during the Dave/Spammy tour, ie "No half-assed reunions; nothing but the full deal", it makes such a scenario highly unlikely.

1-2 songs in the encore, as a side-dish? Can it get anymore half-assed than that?

And is Dave really gonna tag along in a fucking tour bus to run through a couple songs each night after Spammy gets the whole show?

Gimme a fucking break.

Von Halen
03-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by degüello
And is Dave really gonna tag along in a fucking tour bus to run through a couple songs each night after Spammy gets the whole show?

I agree with that.

But hey, maybe he'll just happen to be in the neighborhood.

Calderone
03-26-2004, 11:42 AM
the reaction...the crowd's reaction to dave's 2-4 song encore would completely drown out any cheers they had for van hagar taking the stage.

MAYBE HE'LL DOIT ...JUST FOR SEE THE REACTION
AND MAKE THE BROS REACT

One Voice
03-26-2004, 11:51 AM
yeah, like, "I am a washed up freak who wanted that job back too. But I cant get along with anybody so I fucked myself on that. But who cares? I am the party."

get over it and move on.

You may be the biggest fucking punk on the net.
And thats saying something.

ZahZoo
03-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Eddymon's bullshit machine is back in full production already?

Good odds...

Dave's PA Rental
03-26-2004, 12:12 PM
Since no one seems to want to take the bait that Von is dangling...

So are you suggesting that this might be a DLR/Sam Halen double bill?

Might they try and do an alternating headline bit like the Sam/Dave show?

L.S.D.
03-26-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by One Voice
You may be the biggest fucking punk on the net.
And thats saying something.

Refer to my response in the dave vs van halen thread for some real goods.

lesfunk
03-26-2004, 12:14 PM
The only way they could do it and be semi legit would be to do two sets.

1 hr w/ Dave and 1 hr with sam with a fifteen min intermission between sets.

I would go see that show

Dave's PA Rental
03-26-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Daves PA rental

They could call it
"The Best Of Both Worlds" tour.

(oh god, I didnt just say that, did I?)

FORD
03-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by lesfunk
The only way they could do it and be semi legit would be to do two sets.

1 hr w/ Dave and 1 hr with sam with a fifteen min intermission between sets.

I would go see that show

I would go see half of that show, if I was able to score tickets from a radio station. Dave or no Dave, Fear Channel and the fascist pig they (and Sammy) support aren't getting a dime of my money

WACF
03-26-2004, 12:23 PM
As cool as it would be to see DLR up there....I don't believe for one second it will happen....

Dessert is always last but that would overshadow the whole Van Hagar concert....I doubt Eddie/Hagar could take the heavier cheering when Roth shows up on stage...

John Ashcroft
03-26-2004, 12:35 PM
They could call it
"The Best Of Both Worlds" tour.

(oh god, I didnt just say that, did I?)

And Spammy & Dave could do that song as a duet. :eek:

L.S.D.
03-26-2004, 12:36 PM
dlr will never grace the live van halen stage again....sorry.

Big Troubles
03-26-2004, 12:40 PM
Yeah, he's got better tatste than that. Prob hurt Daves career being up there with the fat red cock-smoker, mike with his sauce marketing campaign, ed the recovering addict and alex whose lost a ton of weight, which indicates he either doesn't swallow Sam's cum or he's on crack. I think dave should stay far away from this DISASTER called Van Hagar

Igosplut
03-26-2004, 12:47 PM
I would say more likely whats gonna take place is when or IF they start doing press........

Its gonna be the same shit-slinging campaign against Roth all over again....

All these mother fuckers are far too back-biting to do any different.

They've never been able to get around questions about Roth any other way....... And thats all Dave will be involved in with this.....

Dr. Love
03-26-2004, 12:53 PM
Let's put it this way ...

In the last 2 weeks, the official site has actually been updated
In the last 2 weeks, Tour dates have been announced
In the last 2 weeks, they actually announced a singer

At this point, I'm willing to believe anything.

...except that azcrdnl dude.

L.S.D.
03-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Yeah, he's got better tatste than that. Prob hurt Daves career being up there with the fat red cock-smoker, mike with his sauce marketing campaign, ed the recovering addict and alex whose lost a ton of weight, which indicates he either doesn't swallow Sam's cum or he's on crack. I think dave should stay far away from this DISASTER called Van Hagar

and stick to what? Hes fucking done. He had a career post vh until the world got so sick of his schtick, except for the 20 regualrs around this army....army? are you kidding?

Big Troubles
03-26-2004, 01:07 PM
and stick to what? Hes fucking done. He had a career post vh until the world got so sick of his schtick, except for the 20 regualrs around this army....army? are you kidding?

Thats it? your boring me. flake back to the Spem hagler site and suck on someone elses dick. mine's getting sore and tender.

:upyours:

ELVIS
03-26-2004, 01:18 PM

Das' what I'm Talkin' 'bout...

:elvis:

azcrdnal
03-26-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Catfish
If this happens I'll eat my own cock. Swear to God. well get ready to start eating it will happen.

BITEYOASS
03-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Considering Dave's remarks re. playing with Anthony during the Dave/Spammy tour, ie "No half-assed reunions; nothing but the full deal", it makes such a scenario highly unlikely.

1-2 songs in the encore, as a side-dish? Can it get anymore half-assed than that?

Gimme a fucking break.

Damn right! It's Dave or the grave! So I guess Dave will have to resort to Plan EEAS and call up Steve, Gregg, Billie and Brett. Then open for Van-Hagar. Chances are that after Dave and his crew are done with there show and Van Hagar will wind up with hopefully more than a half-empty crowd. And ole' spammy will be up on stage with a bottle of tequilla in one hand and his dick in the other! LOL

L.S.D.
03-26-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Damn right! It's Dave or the grave! So I guess Dave will have to resort to Plan EEAS and call up Steve, Gregg, Billie and Brett. Then open for Van-Hagar. Chances are that after Dave and his crew are done with there show and Van Hagar will wind up with hopefully more than a half-empty crowd. And ole' spammy will be up on stage with a bottle of tequilla in one hand and his dick in the other! LOL

chalk up another hopless dreamer. Steve Vai wouldnt even go play with dlr now. you act like dlr has some weight to pull in the industry. He is the laughing stock of it. When are you idiots going to figure that out?

Bob_R
03-26-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Catfish
If this happens I'll eat my own cock. Swear to God. LMFAO!!!! :lol:

ZahZoo
03-26-2004, 03:19 PM
"Von is dangling"..?

WTF isn't that an oxymoron? ;)

weenie666
03-26-2004, 03:19 PM
LSD, your RETARDED & PATHETIC. DAVE RULES!!!!!

maybe they will have gary cherone do a few sets too......
hell, maybe they will have VH karoake??

weenie666
03-26-2004, 03:20 PM
your used to eating cocks, SO WHAT DIFFERENCE WOULD ONE MORE SMALL ONE MAKE? COCKEATER.

Lou
03-26-2004, 03:26 PM
God, the title of this thread alone was enough to make me want to throw up.

Yup, as if it's been Slapnuts' band all along. The whole thing is just nauseating.

Roth kills Sam
03-27-2004, 11:09 PM
Guys, I would like to say that I am a huge Roth fan and I despise Sammy. I saw a few of the Roth/Hagar shows and was forced to watch the Sammy part only because my friends wanted to see the whole thing. I am sad to say that Hagar really did get the better response. I was in shock. I totally expected Dave to kill Sammy as far as audience reaction. Sammy had the whole party thing/Wabo vibe going with people on stage and stuff to loosen people up. Dave just tore through each song after song. I guess I am looking for something the other people didn't want. I thought Dave killed Sammy - both his voice and his band... It is sad...

Seshmeister
03-27-2004, 11:18 PM
The promoters will do anything they can to get the Roth fan $.

It's also pretty doubtful that the gigs at the end will happen given Spammy and the rest of their health,

Cheers!

:gulp:

Seshmeister
03-27-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Roth kills Sam
Guys, I would like to say that I am a huge Roth fan and I despise Sammy. I saw a few of the Roth/Hagar shows and was forced to watch the Sammy part only because my friends wanted to see the whole thing. I am sad to say that Hagar really did get the better response. I was in shock. I totally expected Dave to kill Sammy as far as audience reaction. Sammy had the whole party thing/Wabo vibe going with people on stage and stuff to loosen people up. Dave just tore through each song after song. I guess I am looking for something the other people didn't want. I thought Dave killed Sammy - both his voice and his band... It is sad...

I don't think Roth was himself during that tour apart from musically.

He needed to loosen up a bit.

They honestly really don't like each other, it wasn't just the sideshow you get in boxing.

Rubnose
03-28-2004, 12:01 AM
I don't know about any of you, and frankly I don't care, but I would stay for three sets of Sammy to see a four song live encore reunion at the end with Dave. In my opinion that is a history making surpise element move for a bunch of guys who sat around with thumbs up the ass for the past 9 years.

So good that I think it is bullshit. Van Halen doesn't come up with original ideas anymore.

Farts on Eddie!

Seshmeister
03-28-2004, 12:08 AM
It's bullshit.

You think Hagar that got his panties in a twist about lighting rigs and who was the headliner on the joint tour is going to allow Roth to come on after HIS encore and walk away with the show?

Roth is going to sit by himself and pop out for a few songs?

As Von said there is more going on than immediately meets the eye with all of this and it wouldn't surprise me if it had been offered as an option. The promoters desperately want Roth involved. You would be surprised if you knew how far they had went.

Wouldn't you if you were a promoter?

Cheers!

Roth kills Sam
03-28-2004, 12:26 AM
Look guys, Dave had his opportunity to show the promoters his drawing power at the Roth/Hagar shows, and it didn't work. All of us Roth nuts went, but the general public didn't go CRAZY for it. It did good - that's it. There was talk about it not doing well at all in some areas of the country. I am in NJ, so I saw it in NJ, PA, & NY. Each show had tickets available the day of the show. Yes, Dave in VH would make us go nuts with joy (even at this age), but can you prove it to a promoter that Dave will bring in significantly more money? Each moment there would be a chance of the whole tour being cancelled! Every night Dave & Ed would leave on different buses! It would be insane! This Van Hagar is EXACTLY what corporate America and promoters want: it is safe and everybody gets a few nickels int their pockets... everyone's happy... except us

Roth kills Sam
03-28-2004, 12:27 AM
Plus I just saw Dave at the Beacon Theatre in NYC like 4 months ago (I think) and it was half empty. He needs Van Halen to be a big draw. He can live off his millions and be happy either way - to be a big entertainer these days, he needs Van Halen. It is sad to say, but they don't need him

Panamark
03-28-2004, 12:29 AM
Even if this happened, we would still be fucking ripped off ! Imagine having to sit through all that Hagar crap to get four Dave era songs. That would suck.

Seshmeister
03-28-2004, 12:37 AM
Well I guess you could just turn up late but to me it's a pointless exercise.

With Dave's current band you can see 20 classic Van Halen songs in a 2000 venue played as well as they can be.

How is that worse than seeing 3 or 4 songs in a half empty arena?

Bacause the great Eddie Van Halen is in attendance?

Who cares any more?

Cheers!

POJO_Risin
03-28-2004, 12:43 AM
I have to concur with Sesh on that last point...

Imagine this though...they keep it for a surprise from show to show...

imagine what it would be like at the shows he wasn't at...

Shirellas booed off the stage...lmfao...

of course...they'd still get the cash...

the fuckers...

Panamark
03-28-2004, 12:46 AM
I think you are right Sesh, it would be better seeing Dave with his Band playing the hell out of 20 songs, than some four song novelty appearance. It sounds like the kind of fucked up thing EVH and AVH could attempt though..