I don't Understand why everyone always says that hagar's a better vocalist.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

I don't Understand why everyone always says that hagar's a better vocalist.

Everywhere I always here this crap (Not Here Of Course.). That hagar's a better vocalist. He sounds like shit. Have they ever listened To RWTD, Dave sounds like a Fucking Oprea Singer. To Me Hagar could never sing like that it if life depended on it. Can someone please explain the logic behind thinking Hagars better at singing?
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team
  • guwapo_rocker

He's a screamer.

Ask Mikey.

Comment

• fenway5150
      Head Fluffer
      • Feb 2004

It's because a lot of people are about as boring and bland as a fucking rock and don't understand that singing is not about how many notes you can sing...it's how you sing 'em. And Hagar's screams don't come close to Dave doing his screams on the classic Van Halen records.....not even fucking close!
      "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding!"
      - DLR, 2004

Comment

• Casemeister
        Head Fluffer
        • Feb 2004

Yes, Sammy can sing higher, but he can't go as low as Dave can. More range? Well, maybe, but the difference isn't extreme as some people pretend it is.

Dave has better vibrato and better tone. His lower register is also MUCH better than Sammy's. These qualities more than make up for the notes that Sammy has over Dave in his higher register (and there aren't that many...)
        Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002. RIP, Hoss!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Sammy sounds like someone stepped on the poodle. To some morons, a better singer means hitting higher notes. Face it, it's rock and roll. We aren't talking real singing here. A guy like Bon Scott can be considered a great singer. It's like the blues. It might be rough and grunty but that's the sound and you have to have feel. Hagar has no feel or story telling. Dave does. It's like a ride at an amusement park. Hagar is a gay tunnel of love. Dave is a fucking roller coaster.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• dave_is_vh
            Sniper
            • Apr 2004

Jagger doesn't have a big range but he is still the best. Same thing with Dave.
            "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• ritetoolforjob
              Banned
              • Mar 2005

ted templeman got the best out of dave's range. nobody had a cooler sounding voice. but now how can anybody possibly say that dave sounds good. the last vocal track that i heard that came any where near the old days was don't piss me off. skyscraper and a little ain't enough sounded forced, yflm 4th octace SUCKED, he blew on leno and the dlr band (great music) weak link was the shit yelps. does anybody in the roth camp have the balls to say it or are they all tonedeaf like most of these forum members?

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Dave sings in a different range than Hagar to begin with.

Think most are just parroting and continually regurgitating what Ed said about the topic twenty years ago.

Roth's voice has changed over the years. No doubt. Strain started showing up around the ALAE period, agreed. Wouldn't say it's shot, though. When first hearing the DLR Band stuff, agreed Dave was straining at times. Does seem more comfortable in the lower registers now. So what? The man still knows how to put on a show, and never fails to entertain.

Hagar is just irritating. It's a one-key voice, track after track, with a scream that really bugs me.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• bantonelli
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Nov 2004

NO ONE IS SAYING HAGAR HAS A BETTER VOICE...If they do, they have got to be Tone Deaf and not a true CVH fan..........PERIOD.

ROTH.........

- If you love the blues, you'll love Roth's voice.
                  - If you love Classic Van Halen, you'll love Roth's voice.
                  - If you love a voice that can do Rock n' Roll w/alittle Vaudeville, you'll love Roth.

What's not to love? End of conversation.
                  "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• bantonelli
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Nov 2004

NO ONE IS SAYING HAGAR HAS A BETTER VOICE...If they do, they have got to be Tone Deaf and not a true CVH fan..........PERIOD.

ROTH.........

- If you love the blues, you'll love Roth's raspy voice.
                    - If you love Classic Van Halen, you'll love Roth's voice.
                    - If you love a voice that can do Rock n' Roll w/Attitude, you'll love Roth.

So, What's the Point?..... End of conversation.
                    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Mad_Mike
                      Groupie
                      • Jan 2005

For those who are saying that Dave's voice has changed...
                      Of course it has changed, like everybody's voice through the years.
                      Hagar is concerned too.
                      For example, I just caught this week end a bootleg recorded in 1995 in Amsterdam in a small club.
                      During "Don't tell me", which was the 3rd song, Hagar's voice was totally fucked up and he wasn't able to sing entirely the song. Mikey had to help him...
                      And that happened again during last year's tour.
                      Honey, don't stick your tongue at me unless you plan to use it...

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

...Didn't someone also say that on this past tour they were back to tuning to Eb, just like in the old days? So much for Spam's 'extended range'....
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2005

Dave has a very clear and recognisable voice....Sammy just sounds like a poodle on acid....
                          ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's all about the Capri pants...
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLRDUDE
                              Roadie
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                              Everywhere I always here this crap (Not Here Of Course.). That hagar's a better vocalist. He sounds like shit. Have they ever listened To RWTD, Dave sounds like a Fucking Oprea Singer. To Me Hagar could never sing like that it if life depended on it. Can someone please explain the logic behind thinking Hagars better at singing?
                              What is the point of posting this topic? It's senseless! Do you think you're going to get a a poll going here. You're right, Dave has/had awesome range with his voice that Sammy couldn't touch and won't be able to but some people appeal to that era of VH and the rest of us are right. DLR rocks
                              There are those that do and those that don't. Those that didn't see what those that did had done and wish they had especially when "She looked so F#*kin GOOD"

Comment

Working...