X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrMaddVibe
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Sen. John McCain: I Want to Be President, Not VP

Arizona Sen. John McCain is considering a 2008 run for president but says it's unlikely he'd take the No. 2 spot.

In an appearance Sunday at a fund-raiser for a local New York candidate, the Republican seemed to humorously rule out ever accepting a vice presidential post.

"I spent all those years in a North Vietnamese prison camp, kept in the dark, fed scraps, why the hell would I want to do that all over again?" he said, the New York Daily News reported in Monday editions.

McCain, who ran for president in 2000, was re-elected to a six-year Senate term in 2004.

He told the newspaper that he was seriously considering a 2008 bid. As he has before, McCain said he will wait until after the 2006 election to decide about his political future.

The Staten Island fund-raiser brought in $200 per person for Borough President James Molinaro, who is running for re-election.

© 2005 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif
  • Alex Mogilny
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2004

Hopefully he'll show some fiscal restraint unlike our current spend and spend President.

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

You know, I kinda like McCain. I'd seriously consider voting for him, were he to run.
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

There was a time when I thought a McCain presidency might have been the exception to Republicans, and I voted for him in the 2000 primary with that in mind.

But that was before he started drinking the BCE KoolAid. McCain's anti-torture ammendment was the only time he's opposed the BCE in the last 5 years. At least he DID oppose it, as there were 9 Republican Retards who didn't, but the McCain of today doesn't bear much resemblance to the "maverick" who should have won the 2000 GOP Primary.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          There was a time when I thought a McCain presidency might have been the exception to Republicans, and I voted for him in the 2000 primary with that in mind.

But that was before he started drinking the BCE KoolAid. McCain's anti-torture ammendment was the only time he's opposed the BCE in the last 5 years. At least he DID oppose it, as there were 9 Republican Retards who didn't, but the McCain of today doesn't bear much resemblance to the "maverick" who should have won the 2000 GOP Primary.
          Well, he certainly couldn't do any more damage than Bush did...

I don't know if ANYBODY could really...
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

True dat
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Pink Spider
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

I wish Ron Paul would run for president. He's only one of a few Republicans with common sense. Of course, he would probably never win.

Comment

Working...