X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

We're all going to die eventually!

Being as death is a given for everyone on earth, I want to know that if you had a choice on how to die, What would you choose?

I have lost friends to drugs, two were shot in fights, one burned to death in his car on his way to work one morning, a girlfriend of mine shot herself point blank in the chest, and family members throughout my life have died from various reasons from cancer to suicide.

Well, my cousin died two days ago from a massive heart attack and if that wasn't enough, one of my old friends from art school died later the same day in a motorcycle accident, so it hasn't been a good week in my circle to say the least.

So my mind is wondering, how would i want to die?

I think i would prefer to die by explosion.
    It's quick and from what i have seen, it looks pretty painless except for maybe feeling heat impact an instant before death.

I have seen people suffer and die slowly, i don't want that for myself or my family.

But what are your thought's on the matter?

How would you choose to die if you had that choice?
  • MAX
    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Peacefully, old and in my sleep.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Sorry to hear your news, bro. Very sad.

I guess I'd have to pick how my grandfather died...an aneurysm. Runs in my family. He was in his mid 80s, feeling great, had a nice morning with the wife, started feeling cold in his feet and went upstairs and fell asleep. In other words, he probably never saw it coming, it happened quickly (aneurysm burst) and he didn't dwindle in the time before it. Really the best way one could hope for.

That is how I would choose it. But since cancer is so rampant in my family, I always expect that that's how I'll buy it. Or a car accident...been having a recurring dream forever that I would die in a car.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MAX
        Peacefully, old and in my sleep.
        exactly how my grandma died

she went to bed after the 11:00 news as always and did not wake up

she had a slight smile on her face when she was found in the morning

thats how I wanna go too, she was able to care for herself 100% until the day she died and was still smart as a whip
        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I sometimes worry that even posting in a Cathedral thread will unleash his bad luck death karma onto me...

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

We've actually all been a bit unlucky.

There's a good chance that gene therapy will defeat most age related deaths in the next 30-50 years time.

Our kids might all live to 150.

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Sorry to hear those bad news, brother Cat... bad stuff does happen, and all we can do is try and keep a positive and upbeat attitude about it, right?

Anyways, as for dying, I've got it all figured out for myself. One thing I'd hate is to not be able to take care of myself, to need someone to keep me alive. In my opinion that's not even living anymore. So, when I'm back to pissing on bed, I'll just fix a nice warm bath, get myself in it, and SLICE! Off goes the wrists. The warm water will keep it quite painless while at the same time speeding up the bleeding process. It'll be fading away slowly and peacefully, a smile on my face, remembering all I've done, all I've failed to do, all I could've done...

Man, sounds so good I'm even tempted to go and do it right now!

Seriously, I think the only drawback in this shit is a bathtub full of blood for anyone coming in to find you dead. Possiby an emotional shock, some sort of trauma or some shit.

But, boys and girls, while it can be fun thinking about how you'll die, bottom line is this: for good or bad, you're only here once... better enjoy it 'till the end. No second chance, no comin' back. Plenty of time to die when you're dead. So enjoy every single moment in your life, whether you're eating, swimming, sleeping, screwing, jacking off, riding a bike or lifting weights, it doesn't matter. Life's horribly beautiful, or beautifully horrid, and you only get it once. So live it to the fullest!

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Cathedral
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

It seems to me that only the good people die young, seriously.
                I know total pieces of shit that get every break and stomp on anyone under them to stay on top that never even have headaches.
                Yet two of the most wonderfully giving and loving people i have ever known die's in the same day, it makes me think of my own mortality, which resulted in this thread.

I got a PM stating God picks on me, but it wasn't me that was taken from this earth so i don't see that at all.
                I do however take it as a message that screams loud and clear, "Boy, get your act together before your turn comes!"

When we laid our grandfather to rest in Sept. of '94 i was troubled by my lack of sorrow. But i have since discovered that the tide changed in me, maybe it was just attending tons of funerals in my life, but anyway...I began to see a peace in the dead that cannot be found in the living. Sorrow is for the living, not the dead.
                It is the living who carries the pain of loss with them, some to the point of insanity due to guilt or something else.
                But to the dead, it is finished, the best most expensive funeral means nothing to them.

I pity the living actually, because we are going to see things happen in this world that nobody ever thought or dreamed possible.
                The dead should and probably are feeling sorrow for us, especially for the lost souls who will die lost.

Again the lesson presented itself to me that tomorrow is not guarenteed, but it is a blessing not to be taken for granted.

How's that song go?
                "You could be dead tomorrow, today may be your last chance"

Think about it, then live life as if it is your last day, everyday.

Comment

• rustoffa
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Sorry to hear of your loss Cat, I've had to deal with one fairly recently as well.

That being said, the whole final solution thing is weird. I can't comment on it without typing something stupid as shit.

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

I don't believe in the afterlife. This is both a blessing and a curse. Very depressing to think about sometimes, but I can't help what I believe.
                    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Cathedral
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                      I don't believe in the afterlife. This is both a blessing and a curse. Very depressing to think about sometimes, but I can't help what I believe.
                      If you had experienced some of the tings i have in my darker period, you would believe.
                      I've seen enough to know that there are evil spirits as well as angels all over the place, all of the time.

Whether or not they are of people we knew or just images from the Devil to appeal to our sense of compassion...who knows, i never had a chat with any of them.

But you cannot deny what you see with your own eyes or the instant change in room temperatures you feel in their presence.

There is something after life, that's all i am 100% sure of.

Comment

• Anonymous
                        Banned
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                        If you had experienced some of the tings i have in my darker period, you would believe.
                        I've seen enough to know that there are evil spirits as well as angels all over the place, all of the time.

Whether or not they are of people we knew or just images from the Devil to appeal to our sense of compassion...who knows, i never had a chat with any of them.

But you cannot deny what you see with your own eyes or the instant change in room temperatures you feel in their presence.

There is something after life, that's all i am 100% sure of.
                        C'mon Cat... you're always so logical in everything you say... I'm sure there's a good reason for you to state this, but are you sure you weren't smoking anything at that time? Try VERY hard to remember, and if you do, please, PLEASE tell me what it was.

'Coz I want some too!

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Ozzy Fudd
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

Sorry to hear of your loss's Cat. When my Cousin passed away last year it was Rough on both SusieQ and me. She was a woman full of life, and the C word just ate her up.
                          Roth Army MP
                          Originally posted by Panamark
                          Is there such a thing as a trailer park virgin?
                          or is that just a chick that can run faster than her father and brothers ??
                          Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                          She looks like someone I wake up to after a night of drinking. Or someone I'd bang so a buddy of mine can get her hotter friend.
                          Originally posted by JAY HALE
                          so how's about you stop lying, log off and go practice.

Comment

• Ozzy Fudd
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

On the lighter side of this thread about how i would like to go....... Well, i would like to go like my Grandfather did in his sleep, not yelling and screaming like the people did on the bus that he was driving.
                            Roth Army MP
                            Originally posted by Panamark
                            Is there such a thing as a trailer park virgin?
                            or is that just a chick that can run faster than her father and brothers ??
                            Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                            She looks like someone I wake up to after a night of drinking. Or someone I'd bang so a buddy of mine can get her hotter friend.
                            Originally posted by JAY HALE
                            so how's about you stop lying, log off and go practice.

Comment

• flappo
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

haaha

you have to laugh at death , i guess

cos thinking aboot the inevitable is fucking awful

it's almost as bad as realising dave's never gonna rejoin vh

almost

Comment

Working...