PDA

View Full Version : How the Left harmed America this week

BigBadBrian
10-11-2005, 07:18 AM
How the Left harmed America this week
Oct 11, 2005
by Dennis Prager

Not a week goes by that some part of the Left does not hurt America. But in the past two weeks, three examples stood out for the degree of such harm.

The first example involved the ACLU, which has threatened Southwest Airlines with a lawsuit. Southwest ordered a passenger off a flight after she refused to cover her T-shirt on which was printed an expletive -- "Fu--ers" -- referring to President George W. Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

The ACLU position is not surprising. That organization had once defended a high school student whose school had prohibited him from wearing to class a T-shirt that read "Big Pecker."

I have previously noted in this column the widespread approval of foul language on the Left, such as the expletive-filled entertainment at a John Kerry fundraiser organized by MoveOn.org. Nor is it surprising that a high percentage of my e-mail from people on the Left contains obscenities. To most Americans, the huge increase in public cursing is a sign of a deteriorating civilization; to the Left it is a sign of a freer, less hypocritical one.

The second example was a federal judge appointed by former President Bill Clinton ordering the Defense Department to release all remaining photos of prisoner abuse by Americans at Abu Ghraib prison. Though it is certain that the only effect of the photos will be to further endanger Americans at home and abroad and increase the danger to American troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, and though there is absolutely no need for the public to see these photos, the judge ordered their release.

Thanks to this decision by one judge, we are in for another orgy of anti-Americanism in the foreign and domestic news media and another propaganda victory for those who murder people trying to vote, place bombs in tourist hotels and slaughter innocent human beings like sheep.

To understand the destructive nature of this decision, imagine what would have happened during World War II if photos of similar (or more serious) abuse of alleged Nazis were available. Would any judge in America have ordered that they be published? Would such a lawsuit have ever been brought?

Many on the Left regard the term "national security" as essentially a right-wing cover for conservatism, which they equate with a form of fascism. That explains the Left's contempt for the Patriot Act, and it helps explain the decision of U.S. District Judge Alvin K. Hellerstein. That Americans will be killed as a result of a judge's decision to release photos is of no consequence to the Left. Indeed, for the ACLU, release of the photos is a victory precisely because it does weaken American ability to fight Islamic terrorists.

A third example is the Left's libel of Bill Bennett. I covered this issue in detail in my last column. Suffice it to say here that a prominent liberal writer, Washington Post columnist Richard Cohen, sees the larger issue raised by the nearly universal left-wing smear of Bennett as a racist who advocates the abortion of all black babies. In a courageous column, Cohen wrote that "The GOP was the party of Joe McCarthy. . . . Now, though, it is the Democrats who . . . stifle debate and smother thought."

From the pointless judicial weakening of American security, to the fight to force airlines to allow passengers to display obscenities, to the ongoing libel of Bill Bennett -- a libel as far from truth as is the infamous "blood libel" that claims that Jews slaughter Gentile children to use their blood for baking matzo -- this was just another week of harm to a great civilization by barbarians inside the gates.

Link (http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/dennisprager/2005/10/11/170809.html)

ELVIS
10-11-2005, 08:18 AM
"Any man under 30 who is not a liberal has no heart, and any man over 30 who is not a conservative has no brains." — Winston Churchill

:elvis:

Dr. Love
10-11-2005, 09:17 AM
Two points:

1. Curse words are awesome. I suggest using them constantly.

2. If the military didn't release evidence they have been abusing prisoners (not that I care that they are, and I have to wonder why they are documenting it -- that's pretty stupid), how can the public trust the military (or the government) to deal with it and put an end to it instead of covering it up and pretending it didn't happen? I think the public has a right to know what its military and government are doing so that they can be held accountable to someone other than themselves.

Seshmeister
10-11-2005, 09:23 AM
The 'left' has damaged America by using naughty words and highlighting the administration's depraved medieval policy of torture.

Seig Heil Dennis!

BigBadBrian
10-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Two points:

1. Curse words are awesome. I suggest using them constantly.

Public Decency has its limits.

Also, wait until your children come home from school and tell you their first-grade teacher called them a bunch of little bastards.

Is that OK with you? :cool:

Seshmeister
10-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Whose limits are they? The little old ladies or the moral minority brigade with their ficticious 7 year old child?

I notice swearing seems to be banned at any time of day or night on network TV over there.

That's gay!

jhale667
10-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

Also, wait until your children come home from school and tell you their first-grade teacher called them a bunch of little bastards.

Sure. Hell, we were called worse than 'little bastards' by the NUNs at my Catholic Elementary School...and this was in the 70s....:rolleyes:

FORD
10-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Fuck Dennis Traitor and anyone else who defends torture. Or the racist gambler, for that matter.

Seshmeister
10-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
Sure. Hell, we were called worse than 'little bastards' by the NUNs at my Catholic Elementary School...and this was in the 70s....:rolleyes:

Brian is like Ted 'Theodore' Logan's dad, he probably plans to send his kid to military school.

I bet in a few years time Brian junior is gonna be sitting smoking a joint while telling everyone what an asshole his dad is...:)

lesfunk
10-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Medieval torture? That's pushing it don't you think? I can picture it now. " NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Cardinal Fang, Fetch me the pink panties!"

BigBadBrian
10-11-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Whose limits are they? The little old ladies or the moral minority brigade with their ficticious 7 year old child?

I notice swearing seems to be banned at any time of day or night on network TV over there.

That's gay!

Now I KNOW you're out of touch with America, as I eluded to in the other thread. :D

Fuck, :D you can not only hear swearing on the cable channels 24/7, but it is more common on the public channels even during the primetime viewing hours (8 - 10pm).

:gulp:

Dr. Love
10-11-2005, 04:50 PM

I'm sure having children would/will change my perspective. But I don't have kids, so I don't know for sure.

So for now, my answer is: Fuck yeah!

Nickdfresh
10-11-2005, 05:26 PM
How the Left harmed America this week
Oct 11, 2005
by Dennis Prager

Donald RUMSFELD and George W. BUSH are leftists?

blueturk
10-11-2005, 06:45 PM
Big Bad Brian once called me a "wanna-be cut and paste bandit" or something to that effect, yet cuts and pastes ludicrous articles like this one just to see what kind of reaction it will get. That's the only reason I can see to post such a ridiculous commentary.

blueturk
10-11-2005, 07:13 PM
"I regret that a private comment I made to the vice presidential candidate made it through the public airways." —George W. Bush, on his "major league asshole" remark, Allentown, Pa., Sept. 5, 2000

LoungeMachine
10-11-2005, 09:48 PM
You've controlled the WH, The Senate, and the Media for the better part of 5 years now..........

Any and all harm done to this country was done by YOUR party's hands

Don't blame us now that you've gone and fucked things up so much.

The emperor has no clothes, no brain, and no soul...........

Rove, Frist, DeLay, Scooter, et al have done more harm to this country than one can imagine. I guess it gave Rummy and his ilk some time to take a break from harming us further......

Fuck the Right, and all they "stand" for. It's over for you guys.

Big Train
10-12-2005, 02:04 AM
Socially deceny is not a partisan issue. AMERICANS have let the national discourse become more crude and coarse.

My business gets a lot of heat for leading the charge, but I see it as a chicken and egg question? Do Americans want sex and violence and we give it to them, or are we giving it to them and they want it?

Warham
10-12-2005, 06:56 AM
Republicans will continue to win elections, because the Democrats have no national agenda. Liberals only hopes lie in the failure of the other party, not anything their party has or will accomplish.

Nickdfresh
10-12-2005, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
Socially deceny is not a partisan issue. AMERICANS have let the national discourse become more crude and coarse.

My business gets a lot of heat for leading the charge, but I see it as a chicken and egg question? Do Americans want sex and violence and we give it to them, or are we giving it to them and they want it?

Very good points...

Nickdfresh
10-12-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Warham
Republicans will continue to win elections, because the Democrats have no national agenda. Liberals only hopes lie in the failure of the other party, not anything their party has or will accomplish.

And the Republican agenda is:

A.) Smaller Gov't

B.) Tax and Spend

C.) Corruption scandals

D.) Terror Alerts

E.) Bigger gov't

F.) Improving the American economy through scientific research

G.) Regressing scientific education through "Intelligent Design" & bans on stem cell research

H.) Natl security

I.) Increasing the long term threat by conducting foolish, immoral wars...

Take your pick for the Republican agenda.:)

BigBadBrian
10-12-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by blueturk
Big Bad Brian once called me a "wanna-be cut and paste bandit" or something to that effect, yet cuts and pastes ludicrous articles like this one just to see what kind of reaction it will get. That's the only reason I can see to post such a ridiculous commentary.

So you couldn't respond to this article instead of calling it ridiculous?

I'm not surprised. :rolleyes:

Next monkey, please.

jacksmar
10-12-2005, 09:49 AM
That’s true Nick.
A good question was asked in this thread. If you called the little assholes that sit in front of you a bunch wasted abortions or a rancid batch of cunt hairs or baby raping little picaninnys, how long would you be at your teaching job?

The left in this nation have stood shoulder to shoulder with Algier Hiss, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, Susan McDougal, Viet Cong, David Watkins, Jorge Cabrera, Web Hubbell, John Huang, Charlie Trie, Johnny Chung, Marc Rich, these assholes: http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3a94a2736a14.htm , Dan Rather, Ted Kennedy, and a list of celebrities a mile long.

Joe McCarthy was a democrat before he changed parties. He snuffed the commie libs in the US.

Prager’s point about the prison photos is spot on. The only thing more effective would be a photo of Saddam kicking and stomping a puppy.

Democrats are weak on national security. That fact alone leaves any patriot little choice.

Nickdfresh
10-12-2005, 09:52 AM

Next monkey, please.

Maybe I can post cans of SPAM instead on your crappy op-eds. Um, actually it was the only response to a ridiculous article...

Like every pious Republican nowadays, you, much like the authors of these pieces, are blatant hypocrites that bury their heads in the sand...

Still trying to blame Democrats for ills when the Republicans have controlled congress for nearly ten years now, and the presidency for nearly six? Whatever Brian...

Sounds like their "not taking personal responsibilty" for their failures.:)

Nickdfresh
10-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by jacksmar
That’s true Nick.
A good question was asked in this thread. If you called the little assholes that sit in front of you a bunch wasted abortions or a rancid batch of cunt hairs or baby raping little picaninnys, how long would you be at your teaching job?

Um, does BILLY BENNETT get to keep his job? He pretty much did just that...

Besides, I'm much too clever to be so crude.:)

Though I did call a kid "dumbass" :)once:
http://www.that70sshow.com/images/gallery/t_red.jpg

The left in this nation have stood shoulder to shoulder with Algier Hiss, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, Susan McDougal, Viet Cong, David Watkins, Jorge Cabrera, Web Hubbell, John Huang, Charlie Trie, Johnny Chung, Marc Rich, these assholes: http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3a94a2736a14.htm , Dan Rather, Ted Kennedy, and a list of celebrities a mile long.

Wow. What a bunch of horseshit...

That's like saying the right has stood with the Nazis (both German & American Fifth columnists), the Klu Klux Klan, Timothy McVeigh, Israeli Spies, Sen. Joseph (fuck wit) McCunthy, the torturers and rapists at Abu Ghraib (which has caused Americans to be killed), and every other fascist traitor that claimed to be right of center.

Joe McCarthy was a democrat before he changed parties. He snuffed the commie libs in the US.

McCunthy was a fascist moron opportunist that lied about his past (of being a Naval Aviator--but I guess your an easy sucker for chest-puffing liars;)) McCarthy, ironically, despite his best efforts, did more for civil liberties because people caught on to what a dangerous dick bag he was, far more dangerous than any "commies." Edward R. Murrow is a true American hero, not power-mongering douche bags like McCarthy. Since you know so much about Joe McCarthy, tell me this Jacksmar, what was the first "commie" organization McCarthy attacked? A little trivia for you.

You get a naked Anne Coulter trading card for the correct answer.:)

Oh, and BTW, Liberals are fundamentally anti-communist. Remember Truman?

Prager’s point about the prison photos is spot on. The only thing more effective would be a photo of Saddam kicking and stomping a puppy.

Democrats are weak on national security. That fact alone leaves any patriot little choice.

Maybe someday you can explain to me how invading the wrong country is being 'strong on national security.' Oh and BTW, BUSH was pResident for nine months prior to 9/11, and he never attended on single meeting on Bin Laden nor al Qaida...

He was too worried about securing oil rights ahead of China.

Hardrock69
10-12-2005, 10:35 AM
OOOOH!!!!
:eek:

The Left "damaged" America because of a lawsuit and some photos!!!

O MI FUCKING GAWD!!!!!

Let us ignore the mass murder the BCE has perpetrated, and focus on lawsuits and photos. Oh, and some comments about black babies.

Let us ignore what the photos are actually of.

Let us ignore the ruination of Earth, and focus ENTIRELY on a lawsuit over a fucking t-shirt and some wishful thinking about keeping the evil practices of the BCE as hidden as possible.

**HR69 turns Sarcasm Off**

Really Brian....that is one of the most unintelligent articles I have ever read.

Lotsa "words" that actually say NOTHING.

This Dennis Prager character leads a pathetic and idiotic life to complain about such trivial crap, while the BCE runs rampant.

At least YOU are not the author of this piece.

But it is a waste of space.

Haha...you wasted your time posting it....

OOPs! I am now wasting MY time posting about it...
:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
10-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
...Since you know so much about Joe McCarthy, tell me this Jacksmar, what was the first "commie" organization McCarthy attacked? A little trivia for you.

Well, he left. The first organization of "commies" that McCarthy attacked was none other than.....

The United States Army. Yes, the same force that had just gotten through fighting the Red Chinese in The Korean War, yet according to "kill a Red" Joe, they were infiltrated by communists at the highest ranks. Yeah, mmm'kay.

BTW, he never offered any real evidence as he destroyed peoples lives and careers...

But I guess that's okay, to deprive people of civil liberties through smear and libel. Is that really a "conservative" principle?

Hardrock69
10-12-2005, 10:40 AM
The Conservatives seem to think it is....isn't that what the BCE does on a daily basis?

Guitar Shark
10-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Brian is like Ted 'Theodore' Logan's dad, he probably plans to send his kid to military school.

I bet in a few years time Brian junior is gonna be sitting smoking a joint while telling everyone what an asshole his dad is...:)

And then, Brian junior will come out of the closet.

Nickdfresh
10-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
OOOOH!!!!

The Left "damaged" America because of a lawsuit and some photos!!!

O MI FUCKING GAWD!!!!!

Let us ignore the mass murder the BCE has perpetrated, and focus on lawsuits and photos. Oh, and some comments about black babies.

Let us ignore what the photos are actually of.

Let us ignore the ruination of Earth, and focus ENTIRELY on a lawsuit over a fucking t-shirt and some wishful thinking about keeping the evil practices of the BCE as hidden as possible.

**HR69 turns Sarcasm Off**

Really Brian....that is one of the most unintelligent articles I have ever read.

Lotsa "words" that actually say NOTHING.

This Dennis Prager character leads a pathetic and idiotic life to complain about such trivial crap, while the BCE runs rampant.

At least YOU are not the author of this piece.

But it is a waste of space.

Haha...you wasted your time posting it....

OOPs! I am now wasting MY time posting about it...
:rolleyes:

Yup, let's just cover-up fraud, incompetence, and the most destructive policies to civil liberties at the highest levels of government, since the "Red Scare." We'll do this in the name of national security and call anybody that disagrees with us "traitors." Let's fight "Islami-Fascism" by becoming fascists ourselves...

BRILLIANT!!

Then, those that investigated William Jefferson Clinton's sex life were all "traitors" then.

After all, there's a war(s) on, nothing keeps people in line like perpetual conflict and mindless gov't secrecy...:rolleyes:

Hardrock69
10-12-2005, 01:10 PM
After all, there's a war(s) on, nothing keeps people in line like perpetual conflict and mindless gov't secrecy...

No shit!

BigBadBrian
10-12-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
And then, Brian junior will come out of the closet.

Hopefully with a bow and arrow.

It's DEER season. :D

Hardrock69
10-12-2005, 05:00 PM
And he is going to attack his Daddy????

Nickdfresh
10-12-2005, 05:50 PM
Dressed as Cupid?

blueturk
10-12-2005, 06:39 PM

Next monkey, please.

Calling the article ridiculous IS a response. I'm sure you'll come up with another article about how the left is ruining America by watching "Seinfeld" reruns or some other stupid shit that I can respond to. Next sheep, please.

Keef
10-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Still stuck on this left/right THING? Shit, you guys are pathetic.

DLR'sCock
10-12-2005, 11:28 PM

They already know....