• Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

U2 tells Hillary and other politicians to fuck off

Rock giants U2 unhappy to be politicians' cash cows
    Oct 12 2:13 PM US/Eastern

Rock giants U2 have expressed outrage that US politicians from both main parties, including Hillary Clinton, are using their concerts to fill campaign coffers.

"The U2 concerts are categorically not fundraisers for any politician. They are rock concerts for U2 fans," a statement from the group's publicist said.

Senator Clinton has "invited" 18 people to join her on October 19 in a luxury suite at Washington's MCI Center to see U2 play during their sold-out Vertigo tour, as long as they contribute 2,500 dollars to the Democratic Party.

Luxury suites at the center cost 7,000 dollars and offer a close-up view of the stage.

"We do a meet-and-greet with the senator, and then go in and listen to music," said Ann Lewis, the former first lady's spokeswoman.

Pennsylvania Republican Senator Rick Santorum is holding a 1,000-dollar-a-head fundraiser at U2's show in Philadelphia this weekend.

I was starting to find Bono annoying but I'm starting to like the guy again. Good for U2.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!
  • Phil theStalker
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Re: U2 tells Hillary and other politicians to fuck off

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    Rock giants U2 unhappy to be politicians' cash cows
    Oct 12 2:13 PM US/Eastern

Rock giants U2 have expressed outrage that US politicians from both main parties, including Hillary Clinton, are using their concerts to fill campaign coffers.
    Fuck U2.

T2oo U2 little, t2o U2 late.

I knew they were selling out.

They knew they were selling out.

Now they're trying t2o act like they didn't know and they're not sellouts.

Either that or Bono got a death threat from a CIA/World Vision Mark Chapman mind cuntrol freak.

There's no John Lennon in that band.

They should stop faking it.

Especially Bono.

They should just go off an retire and enjoy the money they've made.

"F4or the times they are a changing."
    Dylan...still alive cause he SHUT UP!

true dat

And, that's a bad thing.

<marquee direction=left>
    Add to Ignore list

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

So Phil, are you a big U2 fan? LOL

Bono's right on about this, but it's not the first time U2's been coopted.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

How this started was earlier this week, that "always unimpeachably accurate" source of information NewsHAX was reporting that U2 was holding a private fundraiser concert for Rick "man on dog" Santorum at the price of $1000 a ticket.

Naturally, this caused an international storm of controversy, since U2's political viewpoints are not exactly secret. And not exactly neoconservative.

The reality was that someone in the Santorum camp had purchased a block of tickets and was selling them at the high price to Republicans who wanted to meet the Prickster.

In other words, SCALPING the tickets, which I always thought was illegal. Except when Republicans do it, I guess.

In either case, the band had nothing whatsoever to do with it. Or the Hillary scalping either. Actually, this is the first I've heard of that one.

Not surprising since Hillary and the other DLC stooges do everything else exactly like the Repukelicans do.
        Last edited by FORD; 10-13-2005, 01:09 PM.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Phil theStalker
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          So Phil, are you a big U2 fan? LOL

Bono's right on about this, but it's not the first time U2's been coopted.
          It's fact t2oday. The Beatles didn't stop touring in 1966 because of Ringo's stomach.

They stopped because of death threats in 1966.

Lennon said so himself that's why they stopped touring.

And Dylan himself has admitted that's why he quit touring in 1966.

Like I said, why doesn't U2 hang up their guns and retire or SHUT UP like Dylan.

Performers don't have the anwers.

Tom Hanks doesn't have the answer.

Getting your political views from perfomers is tasteless besides being dangerous.

Do I care about how Danny of the Partridge Family voted?

Gimme a break.

Add to Ignore list

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Hillary is like eating at KFC. You get two large thighs, two small breasts and a left wing.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

heh heh.

Lounge will vote for her.

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

Didn't The Boss, get pissed Reagan for using Born In The USA?

(Bruce is fucking grate BTW.)
                Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Phil theStalker
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                  Didn't The Boss, get pissed Reagan for using Born In The USA?

(Bruce is fucking grate BTW.)
                  I saw this dude play his little tune on Leno.

OKAY! Da fakking link doesn't werk!

Fak mmy old TIVO!

Search his song title: When The President Talks To God

Click on the 'onegoodmove' website link t2o download the fakking song.

Why do peeps make their shit sooooooo fakking hard t2o download and link t2o?? huh

Maybe they're NOT the kind aff peeps we should be sharing our Intwatnet sexperience wit. huh

Last edited by Phil theStalker; 10-13-2005, 07:06 PM.
                  Add to Ignore list

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    Hillary is like eating at KFC. You get two large thighs, two small breasts and a left wing.
                    Nope, it's a right wing now. Has been ever since she joined the Senate.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ODShowtime
                      ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      How this started was earlier this week, that "always unimpeachably accurate" source of information NewsHAX was reporting that U2 was holding a private fundraiser concert for Rick "man on dog" Santorum at the price of $1000 a ticket.

Naturally, this caused an international storm of controversy, since U2's political viewpoints are not exactly secret. And not exactly neoconservative.

The reality was that someone in the Santorum camp had purchased a block of tickets and was selling them at the high price to Republicans who wanted to meet the Prickster.

In other words, SCALPING the tickets, which I always thought was illegal. Except when Republicans do it, I guess.

In either case, the band had nothing whatsoever to do with it. Or the Hillary scalping either. Actually, this is the first I've heard of that one.

Not surprising since Hillary and the other DLC stooges do everything else exactly like the Repukelicans do.
                      wow FORD, you really cut to the chase on this one. For some reason the crime of scalping did not enter my brain but dammit your right!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Some fans didn't get tickets because butt boy wanted to scalp tickets $1000 a piece!!!!! Fuckin' A man.
                      gnaw on it

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'm hoping that they play "Sunday Bloody Sunday" at this show, and that they bring back the extended political rant in the middle, and tell off Rick and his scalper buddies. Or they could do "Bullet the Blue Sky" and say "The God I believe in doesn't charge $1000 for a concert ticket, MISTER!"
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ODShowtime
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Does U2 have any songs about sodomy?
                          gnaw on it

Comment

• thome
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Mar 2005

One of these days you guys will grow up and realize they are all
                            Rich Republicans and use YOU----TOO as a tool .
                            Last edited by thome; 10-13-2005, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Unchainme
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                              I'm hoping that they play "Sunday Bloody Sunday" at this show, and that they bring back the extended political rant in the middle, and tell off Rick and his scalper buddies. Or they could do "Bullet the Blue Sky" and say "The God I believe in doesn't charge $1000 for a concert ticket, MISTER!"
                              Both Grate Songs, coincendently both could be used to show the war for what it really is. Personally i am sick of watching of these all these artists support fucking canidates for office. Weather its the dems or Neocons , I personally would rather 'em say. FUCK YOU to both of 'em.
                              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

Working...