**BREAKING NEWS** - "Senior White House Official" turns against BCE!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

**BREAKING NEWS** - "Senior White House Official" turns against BCE!!!

New York Daily News source believes senior White House official has flipped in leak case
    10/17/2005 @ 9:54 pm
    Filed by RAW STORY

The case of outed CIA agent Valerie Plame is set to explode.

The New York Daily News is set to report in Tuesday editions that a well-placed source interviewed by the newspaper believes a senior White House official has flipped and may be helping the prosecutor in the case, RAW STORY has learned.

The Daily News will reveal that a top source believes that based on the questioning of Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald and his other contacts with the investigation, someone in the White House has turned.

All eyes are on Dick Cheney, the News says, as the investigation wraps up.

The piece follows on the heels of on a story by Bloomberg News and an article by RAW STORY last week confirming that the prosecutor is probing the Vice President.

Also under a microscope is the White House Iraq Group, an ad-hoc strategy group started by Bush chief of staff Andrew Card aimed at selling the war in Iraq.

Two officials close to Fitzgerald told RAW STORY they have seen documents obtained from the White House Iraq Group which state that Cheney was present at several of the group's meetings. They say Cheney personally discussed with individuals in attendance at least two interviews in May and June of 2003 Wilson gave to New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof and Washington Post reporter Walter Pincus, in which he claimed the administration “twisted” prewar intelligence and what the response from the administration should be.

DEVELOPING HARD...

link
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Thrilling...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      Thrilling...
      Your own Watergate.

You must be so proud of your administration

Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

I'm not that worried about it...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Glad to hear it.

I would hate for you to lose sleep over high placed White House Officials committing treasonous acts and then lying about it under oath.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Cheney's Office Is A Focus in Leak Case
            Sources Cite Role Of Feud With CIA

By Jim VandeHei and Walter Pincus
            Washington Post Staff Writers
            Tuesday, October 18, 2005; Page A01

As the investigation into the leak of a CIA agent's name hurtles to an apparent conclusion, special prosecutor Patrick J. Fitzgerald has zeroed in on the role of Vice President Cheney's office, according to lawyers familiar with the case and government officials. The prosecutor has assembled evidence that suggests Cheney's long-standing tensions with the CIA contributed to the unmasking of operative Valerie Plame.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Inquiry on CIA leak is examining Cheney
              Special counsel looking at whether VP had role in case, sources say

07:40 PM CDT on Monday, October 17, 2005

From Wire Reports

WASHINGTON – A special counsel is focusing on whether Vice President Dick Cheney played a role in leaking a covert CIA agent's name, according to people familiar with the investigation that already threatens top White House aides Karl Rove and Lewis Libby.

The special counsel, Patrick Fitzgerald, has questioned current and former officials of President Bush's administration about whether Mr. Cheney was involved in an effort to discredit the agent's husband, Iraq war critic and former U.S. diplomat Joseph Wilson, according to the sources.

Mr. Fitzgerald has questioned Mr. Cheney's communications adviser Catherine Martin and former spokeswoman Jennifer Millerwise about the vice president's knowledge of the anti-Wilson campaign and his dealings on it with Mr. Libby, his chief of staff, the sources said.

The information came from multiple sources, who requested anonymity because of the secrecy and political sensitivity of the investigation.

Lea Anne McBride, a Cheney spokesman, declined to comment on whether the vice president has been contacted by Mr. Fitzgerald about his status in the case, except to say, "This is an ongoing investigation, and we are fully cooperating."

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

United Press International

Wife: Cheney not running for president
                WASHINGTON, Oct. 17 (UPI) -- Lynne Cheney says her husband, Vice President Dick Cheney, has no intention of running for U.S. president.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHA

No shit.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

I knew these next few weeks would prove to be very interesteing.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Ooops...

Dupe.

We'll, this should be interesting...
                    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 10-18-2005, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                      United Press International

Wife: Cheney not running for president
                      WASHINGTON, Oct. 17 (UPI) -- Lynne Cheney says her husband, Vice President Dick Cheney, has no intention of running for U.S. president.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHA

No shit.
                      I knew that four years ago.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Why then could you not predict that Cheney was a corrupt, treasonous murderer?

Comment

• steve
                          Sniper
                          • Feb 2004

So this is love?

If this is anything like "Oz", I'm in for trouble.

Comment

• steve
                            Sniper
                            • Feb 2004

So this is love?

If this is anything like "Oz", I'm in for trouble.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

**Breaking News Update**

Cheney aide cooperating with CIA outing probe, sources say
                              10/18/2005 @ 12:50 pm
                              Filed by Larisa Alexandrovna and Jason Leopold

A senior aide to Vice President Dick Cheney is cooperating with special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald in the outing of CIA agent Valerie Plame Wilson, sources close to the investigation say.

Individuals familiar with Fitzgerald’s case tell RAW STORY that John Hannah, a senior national security aide on loan to Vice President Dick Cheney from the offices of then-Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security Affairs, John Bolton, was named as a target of Fitzgerald’s probe. They say he was told in recent weeks that he could face imminent indictment for his role in leaking Plame-Wilson’s name to reporters unless he cooperated with the investigation.

Others close to the probe say that if Hannah is cooperating with the special prosecutor then he was likely going to be charged as a co-conspirator and may have cut a deal.

Hannah did not return two calls and several emails to his White House address seeking comment.

Fitzgerald’s probe is investigating whether officials in the Bush Administration illegally outed a CIA agent to get back at her husband, former Ambassador Joseph Wilson, who was a critic of the Administration’s faulty intelligence and lead-up to war.

In a July 2003 editorial, Wilson wrote that the Bush administration “twisted” pre-Iraq war intelligence in order to win public support for the Iraq conflict.

Specifically, Wilson called into question the veracity of President Bush’s claim in his January 2003 State of the Union address that Iraq tried to purchase yellow-cake uranium from Africa. Wilson had been sent on a fact-finding mission to Niger a year before and reported that those allegations were unfounded. Bush administration officials said Wilson’s trip was a boondoggle, and was set up by his wife who worked at the CIA on weapons of mass destruction.

Those close to the investigation said in June 2003, Hannah was given orders by higher-ups in Cheney’s office to leak Plame’s covert status and identity in an attempt to muzzle Wilson, who had been a thorn in the side of the administration since May 2003, when he started questioning the administration’s claims that Iraq was an imminent threat to the U.S. and its neighbors in the Middle East. The specifics of who issued those orders and what directives were given were not provided.

Hannah had been fingered by Wilson

To many following the case, Hannah’s involvement will not come as a surprise. Wilson pointed to Hannah as a possible leaker in his book, The Politics of Truth.

“In fact, senior advisers close to the president may well have been clever enough to have used others to do the actual leaking, in order to keep their fingerprints off the crime,” Wilson writes.

“John Hannah and David Wurmser, mid-level political appointees in the vice-president’s office, have both been suggested as sources of the leak …Mid-level officials, however, do not leak information without the authority from a higher level,” Wilson notes.

The revelation that Hannah has become a prosecution witness strongly suggests that Fitzgerald is now looking into the motive for outing Plame and how Wilson’s complaints threatened to destroy public support for the war, which the Bush administration worked diligently to win.

Fitzgerald may be looking at a broader conspiracy case of pre-war machinations by the White House Iraq Group (WHIG) and by the Pentagon’s ultra-secret Office of Net Assessment, the former operating out of Dick Cheney’s office and tasked with “selling” the war in Iraq, and the latter operating out of Defense Under Secretary for Policy, Douglas Feith’s office and tasked with creating a war to “sell,” as some describe.

To spread its message that Saddam Hussein was a nuclear threat, the White House Iraq Group relied heavily on New York Times reporter Judith Miller, who, after meeting with several of the organization’s members in August 2002, wrote an explosive story that many critics of the war believe laid the groundwork for military action against Iraq.

On Sunday, Sept. 8, 2002, for example, Miller wrote a story for the Times quoting anonymous officials who said aluminum tubes found in Iraq were to be used as centrifuges. Her report turned out to be wrong.

Hannah under investigation for role with Chalabi group

Hannah is currently under investigation by U.S. authorities for his alleged activities in an intelligence program run by the controversial Iraqi National Congress (INC) and its leader, Ahmed Chalabi.

According to a Newsweek article, a memo written for the Iraq National Congress (INC) raised questions regarding Cheney’s role in the build up to the war in Iraq. During the lead up to the war, Newsweek asserts, the INC was providing intelligence on the now discredited Iraqi WMD program through Hannah and I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby, Cheney’s chief of staff.

“A June 2002 memo written by INC lobbyist Entifadh Qunbar to a U.S. Senate committee lists John Hannah, a senior national-security aide on Cheney’s staff, as one of two ‘U.S. governmental recipients’ for reports generated by an intelligence program being run by the INC and which was then being funded by the State Department. Under the program, ‘defectors, reports and raw intelligence are cultivated and analyzed’; the info was then reported to, among others, ‘appropriate governmental, non-governmental and international agencies.’ The memo not only describes Cheney aide Hannah as a “principal point of contact” for the program, it even provides his direct White House telephone number.”

“…Hannah and Cheney's chief of staff, Lewis ‘Scooter’ Libby, were the two Cheney employees,’ We believe that Hannah was the major player in this,’ one federal law-enforcement officer told the magazine.

According to the Washington Post, Libby discussed Wilson's wife with at least two reporters before her identity became public.

link
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...