PDA

View Full Version : Posted In Van Halen News Group

ALMOSTsaved
03-27-2004, 12:10 PM
This was posted in the Van Halen newsgroup, and I'd have to say, I concur!

Okay. Enough is enough. I've been a Van Halen fan since 1981. I was
given a copy of the first 2 albums on vinyl by a neighborhood friend,
and then after hearing "Meanstreet" on the radio, I purchased "Fair
Warning", which I might add is THE BEST Van Halen album EVER!

Anyway, I loved the Dave era and I loved the Sammy era. You wanna know
why? Because, it was Van Halen! Both were different musically, thus
different energy. But one thing remains fact. If you weren't a fan of
the Sammy era, then you were never really a fan of Van Halen...You were
just a fan of Dave.
So all the fucks that bash the post Dave era Van Halen, go watch your
hero solo. Why must you linger here? Those days are gone and left to
memory by 6 wonderful albums.

But as any true Van Halen fan knows, Dave left. Dave was given a second
and third chance. Yet Dave never grew. That's why we will always have
to see Dave solo, playing the old stuff, (though only God knows why
because his solo stuff kicks ass)...

If you love Dave with VH, celebrate with the LPs that you grew up with,
but DON'T bash the band that HE left.

ALMOSTsaved
03-27-2004, 12:12 PM
Well, all except the "why do you linger here" line...

degüello
03-27-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
... But one thing remains fact. If you weren't a fan of
the Sammy era, then you were never really a fan of Van Halen...You were just a fan of Dave.

Completely ridiculous remark.

tjvhou812
03-27-2004, 12:19 PM
WELL FUCKIN SAID

HippieLettuce
03-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Whatever. To me, the name of the band Van Halen is bigger than the name of the guitar player. I don't think the name of the band stands for Ed and whoever. The band name Van Halen represented a distinct attitude and sound which completely changed when Dave left. It was the combination of those original four that defined that sound which was Van Halen, not just the guitar player. I guarantee a lot more fans of the original band would have an easier time with this if Eddie had showed a little more respect for the original incarnation and changed the name of the band once Dave was gone.

tjvhou812
03-27-2004, 12:22 PM
This was posted in the Van Halen newsgroup, and I'd have to say, I concur!

Okay. Enough is enough. I've been a Van Halen fan since 1981. I was
given a copy of the first 2 albums on vinyl by a neighborhood friend,
and then after hearing "Meanstreet" on the radio, I purchased "Fair
Warning", which I might add is THE BEST Van Halen album EVER!

Anyway, I loved the Dave era and I loved the Sammy era. You wanna know
why? Because, it was Van Halen! Both were different musically, thus
different energy. But one thing remains fact. If you weren't a fan of
the Sammy era, then you were never really a fan of Van Halen...You were
just a fan of Dave.
So all the fucks that bash the post Dave era Van Halen, go watch your
hero solo. Why must you linger here? Those days are gone and left to
memory by 6 wonderful albums.

But as any true Van Halen fan knows, Dave left. Dave was given a second
and third chance. Yet Dave never grew. That's why we will always have
to see Dave solo, playing the old stuff, (though only God knows why
because his solo stuff kicks ass)...

If you love Dave with VH, celebrate with the LPs that you grew up with,
but DON'T bash the band that HE left.

its about time some1 had the balls to say that

Snoo
03-27-2004, 12:34 PM
If you didn't like Van Hagar, you are only a fan of Dave, absolutely right. What you fail to grasp is, DAVE IS VAN HALEN.

POJO_Risin
03-27-2004, 12:50 PM
Jesus Christ...is this a serious fucking thread?...

Here's the fucking deal...so deal with this...

I'm sick of all this fucking bullshit...

The plain and simple fact of the matter is that if the Dave version would have never exhisted...and fucking Hagar started this band...

NONE OF US WOULD BE HERE!

Ed would be working in some fucking music store with Vito Bratta entitled..."Clapton Wash-Ups"...

Sammy would be working alongside Kenny Loggins...

Al would be...well...more than likely dead...

and Mikey would probably be playing somewhere in a club...having fun...

Dave...well...he more than likely would be somewhere starting a cult...

The fact of the matter is that Van Halen brought it in 1978....not because of some shitty ass motor scooter...or an Eagle flying somewhere...

but because they brought it...

they stepped in where Zeppelin left off...

They brought it...

They were the sex, the drugs and the rock and roll...

Sham? Well...he's the Buffet, the Rick Springfield of "rock and roll"

the joke....

Fact is...I DIDN'T JUST FOLLOW Dave...nor did many of us...for awhile...

most gave Ed the benefit of the doubt...that Dave had the ego issue...

Then the son of a bitch started opening up his mouth...

and Sam...that fucker spent 15 years bashing Dave...never letting that shit go...

That's what happens when you finish 2nd...you gotta try and tear down the #1 to get some satisfaction with losing...

that's fine...and you can say what you want about being a VH fan...or being a Dave fan...

Anyone that says Hagar was an equal to Roth in that band...doesn't know anything about what Van Halen is.

If you think Van Halen is about Feels So Good...or When it's Love...or Ain't Talkin' Bout Love...

or any one of those fucking homo songs...then...well...get your head out of Midler's ass...and pop in some Classic VH...some Zepp...anything that fucking brings it...

you know...Classic music that will be around forever...

not that forgettable shit that collects dust...

Classic Van Halen fans aren't fans dude...their fucking animals man...fucking animals ready to rip your throat out...that's what VH was all about...

Then Sammy....and it was all about haircuts...and curls...and capri pants...welcome to the "who gives a shit" new era of crap...

and that's that...

If you like both...fine...you probably have a girlfriend and a wife (or a male friend) who's really happy when she comes home and you run and turn the volume down and pop in Balance...congrats...

she's happy again...

FORD
03-27-2004, 01:14 PM
Look at all the SHEEP here tonight!!

If you can't tell the difference between Van HALEN and Van Hagar, go get the wax blasted out of your fucking ears. Seriously, for Christ's sake.

Let's just take the first album from each band.

Van HALEN I

Guitar solo - Eruption. Still the standard by which all others are judged.

Hit singles: Runnin With the Devil. You Really Got Me. Ain't Talking 'Bout Love Hell, the whole goddamn could have been released as singles and every track a hit. And solid rockers, each and every one.

Impact on the music industry : Immediate. Disco started dying the day this album came out.. A generation of singers who tried (and failed) to be Dave, and guitarists who tried (and failed) to be Eddie.

Now, in the interest of equal time...

Guitar solo - NONE

Hit Singles: Why Can't This Be Dave, Cheese Walks In, and that goddamned horrible shitfest called "Dreams". Three total complete pieces of synth pop crap which would have sounded better on a Flock of Seagulls record.

Impact on the music industry - Set the stage for pathetic weak cheese ballads from every hair band for the next 5 years in a contest to see who could out-wuss all the other bands.

Anybody who has been waiting for the return of Van Hagar is probably holding out for the Thompson Twins reunion as well :rolleyes:

POJO_Risin
03-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Or Howard the Duck Part 2....

ALinChainz
03-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Is the mission closed?

What is with the Sammy Squatters? If the links are still down, this place is going to have an odor for a while.

ALinChainz
03-27-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Look at all the SHEEP here tonight!!

If you can't tell the difference between Van HALEN and Van Hagar, go get the wax blasted out of your fucking ears. Seriously, for Christ's sake.

Anybody who has been waiting for the return of Van Hagar is probably holding out for the Thompson Twins reunion as well :rolleyes:

LOL ... or Kaja Goo Goo.

POJO_Risin
03-27-2004, 01:40 PM
No...what we have here are two groups...

1. The group that got online today...have never joined a forum...and come to the best to find out their business...then post shit about Sammy thinking they are doing the right thing...get bashes...then come back slapping like 12 year old girl...

2. The "Roth" fans that were here...and are now jumping on the bandwagon...then post shit about Sammy thinking they are doing the right thing...get bashes...then come back slapping like 12 year old girl...

tjvhou812
03-27-2004, 01:48 PM
people just need to get over it sammys in van halen in thats that

POJO_Risin
03-27-2004, 01:50 PM
I got over it 20 years ago...

doesn't make it a good thing...

ZahZoo
03-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Hmmmm Who sent in the missionaries to save the sinners here?

madraoul
03-27-2004, 02:24 PM
Wow, the Hagaritas almost sound defensive! Don't drag us down into your world of shit. Please, go enjoy your show and enjoy the rave afterwards. Personally, I'm not buying a ticket to be anally raped by a booze peddling senior citizen and his drunken Dutch drones. Who's their next singer, the CEO of Anheuser-Busch? At least that dude may have some rhythm.

degüello
03-27-2004, 02:35 PM
... But one thing remains fact. If you weren't a fan of
the Sammy era, then you were never really a fan of Van Halen...You were just a fan of Dave...

The utter falsity of this statement can be shown by the simple fact that, while I am a huge fan of Van Halen, I'm not a big fan of Dave's solo work. Therefore, just because I despise the Spammy shit, it does not render me solely a "fan of Dave". It makes me a Van Halen fan.

POJO_Risin
03-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by madraoul
Wow, the Hagaritas almost sound defensive! Don't drag us down into your world of shit. Please, go enjoy your show and enjoy the rave afterwards. Personally, I'm not buying a ticket to be anally raped by a booze peddling senior citizen and his drunken Dutch drones. Who's their next singer, the CEO of Anheuser-Busch? At least that dude may have some rhythm.

Dude...very nice post...

mod material right here...

Dave's PA Rental
03-27-2004, 02:40 PM
Yet Dave never grew. [/B]

And Edward Van Halen has done the same guitar solo since 1974.

Dave has re-invented himself every time he put out a solo record. The last one included. And if you listen to it more than once, you might just like it.

madraoul
03-27-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Dude...very nice post...

mod material right here...

Thanks man. It's amazing what spews out when you are properly motivated by the Tiger Beat crowd.

BURKRUPTION
03-27-2004, 05:26 PM
POJO RISIN KICKS ASS!!! There is only one Van Halen and we aren't gettin it!! fuck ed! fuckal! fuck mike! and fuck sam!! I actually feel sorry for Sam. He's gotta know that this is not the real VAN HALEN that's gonna be playin!!!! Maybe he'll try to convince us how great they are with him because they sold 50 million oops I mean 90 million copies. Yeah Sam that will maked it all better. And fuck you Michael Anthony for being such a pussy!!!

Panamark
03-27-2004, 05:39 PM
ALMOSTsaved. I wish they had saved you.

POJO_Risin
03-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Yeah PMark...looks like he fell off the cliff though...

like I said before...

there is only 1 Van Halen...

if that fuckin' prick Ed would just change the name officially to Bette and the Chirrelas...the masses would calm down...

but now...

now we've got the VHagar BoreTOUR2004 to look forward too...

fantastic...

Panamark
03-27-2004, 09:32 PM
Judas Priest and Iron Maiden original line-ups are out there. Im looking forward to those... Fuck EVH and KISS !! Trying to flog us half the real product at full prices !!