PDA

View Full Version : anothee SLAP in DLR's face, at the official site!

Top Jimmy
03-27-2004, 01:28 PM
Did anybody notice that on the songs listing....where it breaks down who did what on each song....under WORDS...they list Van Halen...on EVERY song!!!! DIAMOND FUCKING DAVE WROTE THOSE LYRICS.....most of 'em anyway.....BUT YOU CAN'T give the guy any fucking respect CAN YOU?????

NOBODY in that band (or any OTHER band, for that matter) could ever match Dave's wit when it comes to writing...
'WORDS-Van Halen'....BULLSHIT! :mad:

Dave IS VH
03-27-2004, 02:48 PM
I guess you can say.

It hasn't been a good week for DLR.

General Hina
03-27-2004, 03:09 PM
The band wrote the songs as a group so they could split the royalties evenly. If you want to give Dave credit for his half assed gay lyrics then you have done so. Also, if Dave is such a great prolific writer why hasn't he written any good tunes lately/ instead he treats his fans to a crappy covers CD. thanks for nothing DLR.

FORD
03-27-2004, 03:14 PM
How did I know that Corporal Hiney would come back to celebrate the re-velveetazation :rolleyes:

Dave's PA Rental
03-27-2004, 03:56 PM
His half assed gay lyrics?

Are his song titles gay "General Hina"?

Calderone
03-27-2004, 03:59 PM
Why you named yourself "GENERAL HINA " ...After a Dave song title?

General Hina
03-27-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Daves PA rental
His half assed gay lyrics?

Are his song titles gay "General Hina"?

Yes! Don't waste my time.

General Hina

Dave's PA Rental
03-27-2004, 04:25 PM
So since you named yourself after one of Daves "gay" song titles...um, doesnt that make this "General Hina" character...

(you do see where im going with this, dont you ass-clown?)

thefive
03-27-2004, 04:31 PM
Sammy Sucks
Thefive

Roth & Roll
03-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by sammycalderone
Why you named yourself "GENERAL HINA " ...After a Dave song title?

He's a crossdressing shemale. When he/she says lyrics are gay we're getting first hand insight from an expert on what's gay.

madraoul
03-27-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by General Hina
The band wrote the songs as a group so they could split the royalties evenly. If you want to give Dave credit for his half assed gay lyrics then you have done so. Also, if Dave is such a great prolific writer why hasn't he written any good tunes lately/ instead he treats his fans to a crappy covers CD. thanks for nothing DLR.

Why are fuckers like this on the site. Shouldn't he be busy working stall #3 at the highway rest stop so he has money for glowsticks to take to the show?

george
03-27-2004, 06:48 PM
eat my ass.. you loser fuck..

sammy is a fat piece of shit... end of story.

you fucking cumdumpster-van hagar ..

General Hina
03-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by madraoul
Why are fuckers like this on the site. Shouldn't he be busy working stall #3 at the highway rest stop so he has money for glowsticks to take to the show?

Come on now soldiers you all know that DLR has been working that stall since 1985.

Don't waste my time. Your comebacks are lame and immature. And by the way I didn't take my name from a Dave song, Roth wrote the song for me because he is my little bitch.

Drop and give me 5150 butt-nuts.

Over and Out,
General Hina

Seshmeister
03-27-2004, 11:58 PM
This lyrics thing pisses me off.

The essential part of a song is the melody which I'm pretty damn sure Roth wrote the majority of. You only have to listen to EEAS or the DLRBand album to know that Roth can write a damn good melody. The songs on those albums sound like Van Halen. The songs on Van Hagar sound like Loverboy with a good guitarist. THere is more evidence when you listen to the old Gene Simmons demos. Are you telling me Eddie went off and rewrote the melodies for songs like Hang Em High but left his own music almost identical. Seems pretty unlikely especially when you have Roth the hyperactive v drunken Eddie. Who is more likely to change things around?

Calling Roths contribution 'writing the words' like Eddie did is just another attempt to cheapen his input.

Although in a fit of cameraderie the royalties were split 4 ways everyone knows the songwriting was basically 50/50 Roth/EVH.

Of course Gerneral Hiney is just baiting and as I remember an alias of another user as a wind up.

Cheers!

:gulp:

faddam234
03-28-2004, 12:20 AM
What I find mature is some nissan drivin, cock smokin hagar fans r coming over here to "tell us off" cuz their 60 year old man idol who looks like a teletubie is back in a band that are asses to begin with.
Your happy that this fat pussy is back in a band that was total 80's garbage? GREAT, go be gay somewhere else.
You wanna talk maturity? Then dont come over here to brag like little girls. Cuz the fact is alot of us could give two fucks if sammy is back with Van Halen. Dave's band now is way cooler to listen to now than those washed up drunks.
Go beat your meat and listen to some hagar and sing to yourself about cheese fuck face. Make an evening out of it.

I dont get how these guys can come over here acting tough when they listen to GAY PUSSY love songs. Can anyone here say GAY.

Seshmeister
03-28-2004, 12:39 AM
There are millions of people out there with appalling taste in music.

Look at N-Syncs sales figures.

The only surprising thing about Hagar fans is that they can get so passionate about such bland music.

Cheers!

:gulp:

guitarslinger
03-28-2004, 04:36 PM
first of all, i've met steve vai a couple of times and he himself has told me that dave does more with a band than just sing and make up fucking lyrics. he arranges the songs, comes up with great ideas to make the songs sound even better than before and is a very "musical" lead singer.

dave is a fucking creative genius in his own right, he adds fire and charisma to everything that he's affiliated with. he IS the definition of "rock and roll front man" there is no better.
just look at all those VH albums without him, yeah they've done well
(lmao)

the only reason 5150 did what it did was because the public wanted to hear what VH would sound like with a new singer, which if you ask me most of it sounds like two cats fucking. sure the guitar riffs are good but why wouldn't they be?

let me tell ya, unless EVH takes some fucking guitar lessons, he's gonna sound like to quote him "a 2 year old with a broken hand"
i know, i saw the balance tour and heard about the VH3 tour and he sucked balls.

also, i've played guitar for 16 years, it's how i make my living and i've been playing long enough to know whats good and what sucks.

don't get me wrong, sammy is cool on his own (3 lock box, the montrose stuff) but that's it.

YOU AIN'T DAVE BITCH SO DON'T EVEN TRY!!

as dave has said before "sammy throws the party, but i am the party"

so fuck all you fucking hagar wannabes, go and suck him off somewhere alse. i mean isnt this the ROTH army anyway?

L.S.D.
03-28-2004, 07:41 PM
^^^^^keep telling yourself that. hahahahaha. Yeah 5150 sold 6 million copies becasue people wwere curious.. Could it be tht its a great album w/ great songs? That is why I own it.

Igosplut
03-28-2004, 07:46 PM
See above shithead, it sold 6 ml because of Dave...

It was all down hill from there.... Much like your sad trolling...

L.S.D.
03-28-2004, 07:47 PM
ok, fuck off. oldschool. get over it. all of you white trash fuckers.

guitarslinger
03-28-2004, 08:16 PM
oh i'm over it! it ain't gonna be my fucking money down the drain when it goes belly up that's the record industries problem not mine. i could give a fuck less.

the industry has been fuckin up since they signed Nirvana and all the shit that's come out since so i really don't give a fuck. i'm just voicing my opinion, as true as it may be, that's all i'm doing so EAT A NUT!!!

L.S.D.
03-28-2004, 08:18 PM
as long s its a walnut.

guitarslinger
03-28-2004, 08:19 PM
lol ok!

Igosplut
03-28-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by L.S.D.

all of you white trash fuckers.

Anybody who thinks calling someone white trash is that much of an insult mush be white trash himself.....

UofMNurse
04-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Cum on Dave give me a break!

bru87tr
04-26-2004, 10:08 PM
Seshmeister: This lyrics thing pisses me off.

The essential part of a song is the melody which I'm pretty damn sure Roth wrote the majority of. You only have to listen to EEAS or the DLRBand album to know that Roth can write a damn good melody. The songs on those albums sound like Van Halen. The songs on Van Hagar sound like Loverboy with a good guitarist. THere is more evidence when you listen to the old Gene Simmons demos. Are you telling me Eddie went off and rewrote the melodies for songs like Hang Em High but left his own music almost identical. Seems pretty unlikely especially when you have Roth the hyperactive v drunken Eddie. Who is more likely to change things around?

Calling Roths contribution 'writing the words' like Eddie did is just another attempt to cheapen his input.

Although in a fit of cameraderie the royalties were split 4 ways everyone knows the songwriting was basically 50/50 Roth/EVH.

Of course Gerneral Hiney is just baiting and as I remember an alias of another user as a wind up.

Cheers!

PERFECTLY PUT!!!!! EXCELLENT!

General Hiney is a head fluffer

az1533
04-26-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by UofMNurse
Cum on Dave give me a break!

One break coming up!

nothing stays the same ;)

Golden AWe
04-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by L.S.D.
^^^^^keep telling yourself that. hahahahaha. Yeah 5150 sold 6 million copies becasue people wwere curious.. Could it be tht its a great album w/ great songs? That is why I own it.

OH you're no fun anymore...

seenbad
04-27-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Top Jimmy
[B]Did anybody notice that on the songs listing....where it breaks down who did what on each song....under WORDS...they list Van Halen...on EVERY song!!!! DIAMOND FUCKING DAVE WROTE THOSE LYRICS.....most of 'em anyway.....BUT YOU CAN'T give the guy any fucking respect CAN YOU?????

Nothing can make this site happy. You're always saying how David Lee IS Van Halen. They finally get it right and call it Van Halen and you change it to "it needs to be David lee Roth!!" lol. hypocrasy 101. Class is in session.

(I'm halfway kidding).

Really though, DLR was in a band called Van Halen. Van Halen wrote the music, regardless of what form it took at the time. Yeah, he could have had his name on there. It would have been credit due, but I see the point.

Brett
04-27-2004, 02:33 PM
The best thing about Van Halen was that they ALL got credit for writing music and lyrics, and as all true "bands" do, they shared the royalties.

It's always been...Music and Lyrics by Van Halen.

Shit Dave gets writing credit for "Eruption," "Spanish Fly," "Tora! Tora!," "Cathedral," and "1984" too, I'm sure he had a ton of input on those.

Wayne L.
04-27-2004, 02:39 PM
I don't think Dave is gay, DLR has never written any gay lyrics, Van Halen isn't a rock band for gays, all four of them got writing credit, this whining is for fans with no life.

seenbad
04-27-2004, 02:46 PM
Oh, and he doesn't make "gay" song titles? Women in love??? :rolleyes: That's major gay (but in a good way. lesbo gayness is quite arousing, but nonetheless quite gay also). ;)

GAR
04-27-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by guitarslinger
dave is a fucking creative genius in his own right,

What Hina has a minor point is that Dave should show us a little more of this genius than his latest disc, which for me wasn't that happening.

Big Troubles
04-27-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Brett
The best thing about Van Halen was that they ALL got credit for writing music and lyrics, and as all true "bands" do, they shared the royalties.

Shit Dave gets writing credit for "Eruption," "Spanish Fly," "Tora! Tora!," "Cathedral," and "1984" too, I'm sure he had a ton of input on those.

Here's the problem though. On the original albums David Lee Roth is mentioned by name as well as everyone else, for getting credit for the writing of music and lyrics.
But when those same 6 albums were digitaly rematered by WB, the credits go to "Van Halen". Why the change? Why go from naming everyone individualy, to going to one name. Ed's and Al's last name?
Any idea why?

Brett
04-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Al and Ed's last name happens to be the band's name though. I'll have to look at my remasters and my old LP's, I didn't pay attention to the writing credits change.

L.S.D.
04-27-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Here's the problem though. On the original albums David Lee Roth is mentioned by name as well as everyone else, for getting credit for the writing of music and lyrics.
But when those same 6 albums were digitaly rematered by WB, the credits go to "Van Halen". Why the change? Why go from naming everyone individualy, to going to one name. Ed's and Al's last name?
Any idea why?

Not true. I just bought the remasterd Diver Down and 1984 today on my lunch break and it names all 4 members and clear as day...David Lee Roth is there too. The odd thing is that next to I'll Wait it even says Michael McDonald now too.

So why are you making this shit up? I am reading the DD booklet right now.

Brett
04-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Ok well then that clears that up. So why the bitching? I don't understand.

BTW, isn't Michael Anthony's name off of "Jump" and "Panama" and a few others on 1984.

Big Troubles
04-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Im not making any shit up LSD. Why do you constantly think I make shit up? Jesus get a life, and stop following me around. LOL

Look, the digital remasters that I have, mention "Van Halen" for writing credits only.

the old albums that I own, give credit for everyone, by name starting with Daves. Why would I lie? I have better shit to do that debate what I already know with you. Im staring at it right now. Plain fucking english.

Big Troubles
04-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Ah, Brett it doesn't clear anything up. LSD is stirring the usual bullshit up to make himself bigger than what he is. Maybe its a Canadian marketing thing? I dont know. What I do know, is that I am reading it in plain english. Old albums give credit to every band member. Digital remasters give credit to "Van Halen". I dont give a flying fuck who believes who. lol

pardo
04-27-2004, 04:14 PM
In the grand scheme of things, this isn't the end of the world. But its yet another attempt by Ed and Al to besmirch the good name of Dave.

The funny thing is - this only makes them look like a couple petty babies in the eyes of the fans. I think people know what the deal is. They could take the high road, but they've never done that - why start now?

This is like watching a 30 year Shakespearian play unfold. I just hope in the 3rd act Dave beats the shit out of the antagonists.

Other-defcon
04-27-2004, 04:22 PM
If credits are Van Halen (as a band) or each musician listed, wtf?

Brett
04-27-2004, 04:24 PM
Christ, can someone who is not LSD or BT, go find their remastered CD's and tell us what they say? So we can have a third opinion.

Why is this such a mystery. I seem to recall the 1984 remaster listing all the band members but alas my CD's are home.

Brett
04-27-2004, 04:28 PM
Jesus I called my house and had my wife go grab my VH 1 remaster and it says this:

Words and music by Edward Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, Michael Anthony, and David Lee Roth

Ok are we good now?

Brett
04-27-2004, 04:31 PM
Oh and for the hell of it, I had her grab my VH 1 LP and it says the same exact thing...same name order too. I think that should clear it up.

Hollywood Jesus
04-27-2004, 04:32 PM

Exactly. I'm afraid there's no battle to fight here.

This is one of the things I loved about vintage Van Halen. All for One. And One for All. It was a team effort and no one was more important than anyone else.

Added: OK, names are mentioned, but who cares? Van Halen for any of the first six releases means DLR, EVH, AVH & MA.

Big Troubles
04-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Jesus I called my house and had my wife go grab my VH 1 remaster and it says this:

Words and music by Edward Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, Michael Anthony, and David Lee Roth

Ok are we good now?

I can just see the vein popping in your head. relax man. lol Like I said I have a feeling this is a Canadian or possible box set thing. I dont know. I bought the original 6, remastered from Amazon.ca
Inside each of the cds there is a back story to the making of the album you happen to have open. Also, to the right where the disc goes, there is 6 smaller pictures of each of the classic VH album covers. Underneath where CD sits in BOLD print Music written and performed by Van Halen. Thats it. Nothing on the backside of the cd's. zero. I have nothing to gain by making this up. Ibeleiev you and what you have. But Im saying its an import or box set marketing "thing".

Big Troubles
04-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Hope this isn't causing a riff or arguement. Im late for something more important somewhere.... :D

Brett
04-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Yeah makes sense then, guess the individual remasters are different than the "import" box set. Ok so everybody's right. :)