PDA

View Full Version : Only Sammy era tunes on the 2004 Summer Tour

General Hina
03-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Hina says good call Van Halen! Why should Sammy waste his beautiful tenor talk singing Dave's goofy lyrics.

All hail me,
General Hina

FORD
03-27-2004, 03:43 PM
Works for me, Corporal Hiney.

Listening to Sammy's pathetic attempts at singing Van HALEN songs was the only thing more painful than listening to his Velveeta ballads.

So enjoy your entirely NON Van Halen show and just remember that 75% of that ticket price is going directly to the Bush Cheney campaign to destroy the fucking planet. But hey, as long as you can hear a 60 year old man sing the lines "I'd come over to your place but I'm afraid of your dad", all is sunshine and rainbow flags for the ChedHead cult.

VH LINKS SUCKS
03-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Listening to Sammy's pathetic attempts at singing Van HALEN songs was the only thing more painful than listening to his Velveeta ballads.

So enjoy your entirely NON Van Halen show and just remember that 75% of that ticket price is going directly to the Bush Cheney campaign to destroy the fucking planet. But hey, as long as you can hear a 60 year old man sing the lines "I'd come over to your place but I'm afraid of your dad", all is sunshine and rainbow flags for the ChedHead cult.

Excellent points as usual FORD! You have my 16th vote my friend!;)

Master P
03-27-2004, 04:25 PM
We all know FORD is going to go....

FORD
03-27-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Master P
We all know FORD is going to go....

Yeah, right after I drink a 2 liter bottle of warm Diet Pepsi, get a root canal without novocaine (or laughing gas) and vote Republican.

Master P
03-27-2004, 04:30 PM
You'll go....don't lie.

thefive
03-27-2004, 04:33 PM
SAMMY SUCKS
THEIVE

DLR'sCock
03-27-2004, 04:54 PM
I think Sammy is a pedophile.

FORD
03-27-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
I think Sammy is a pedophile.

Well.... he IS good friends with Ted Nugent, so it's entirely possible.

Big Troubles
03-27-2004, 07:00 PM

Classic :lol:

Chong Li
03-28-2004, 12:04 AM
"and just remember that 75% of that ticket price is going directly to the Bush Cheney campaign to destroy the fucking planet".

I better buy an extra ticket knowing that!

tjvhou812
03-31-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Chong Li
"and just remember that 75% of that ticket price is going directly to the Bush Cheney campaign to destroy the fucking planet".

I better buy an extra ticket knowing that!

the fuckin ticket prices are thru the roof... cost me 100 bucks 4 a ticket 2day

L.S.D.
04-01-2004, 12:22 PM
You know you are all going.

Bill Lumbergh
04-01-2004, 01:01 PM

Originally posted by L.S.D.
You know you are all going.

Yup, got the minivan gassed up, the Hall and Oates Best of in the cd player, and the gay ass multicolored pants that just scream ROCK N ROLL. Shit my wife's even gonna shave her beard off for this occasion!

pardo
04-01-2004, 01:24 PM

So enjoy your entirely NON Van Halen show and just remember that 75% of that ticket price is going directly to the Bush Cheney campaign to destroy the fucking planet.

I'm not sure I should ask, but .... what the hell are you talkin bout?

Big Troubles
04-01-2004, 01:27 PM
Uh oh...Now you started something...Shouldn't have asked that question. This thread is never gonna close.

:matrix:

crazystix
04-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Actually, according to this release, they will be playing DLR era songs:

http://www.livedaily.com/news/6295.html

VHClint
04-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Somehow I knew they would play Dave era tunes despite what Sammy had said earlier. What? you say that buying a ticket to this is funding the Bush campaign?? Hell give me 4 gold packages then.

Lou
04-01-2004, 09:58 PM
The theory behind funding the Bush campaign is that Clear Channel are affiliated with the "Bush Criminal Empire" in some way, and since CC is running the show, buying a Van Hagar ticket is a contribution to Bush. I guess CC grosses 75% of ticket sales. Disclaimer: Not my theory.

Lou
04-02-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by crazystix
Actually, according to this release, they will be playing DLR era songs:

http://www.livedaily.com/news/6295.html

This is what's on that site:

The group's set list during the upcoming tour will include the Hagar-era Van Halen hits "Top of the World," "When It's Love," "Why Can't This Be Love," "Right Now," "Dreams," "Best of Both Worlds" and "Love Walks In," as well as the Roth-era cuts "Panama" and "Jump," according to the group's publicist.

Wow, that further convinces me that staying home and not giving them my money is the right decision.

Whoop de doo, I get to hear Eddie's lame-ass cheese solos. Man I wouldn't want to miss that :rolleyes:

What a $tupid Van Hagar $ellout $ong $etli$t :mad2:

Lou
04-02-2004, 01:07 AM
You know the more I think about it the more it enrages me.

The whole idea of shelling out a LOT of money to hear among other Van Hagar garbage, "When It's Love" and "Love Walks In." Who the fuck can sit through that?! Perhaps it's only fitting that they play the two songs which in my opinion epitomize Van Hagar, cheese synthesizer trite sellout ballads. They literally are the two Van Hagar songs I hate the most, even more than "Can't Stop Loving You." Wouldn't surprise me if they played that one as well, BTW.

Man am I glad I have internet resources such as this where I know in advance what's going to be played...any shred of interest, any tiny itch to go and see Edward is dashed by reading this. I won't be wondering, "Gee did they play their balls out, did I miss anything." The answer for every one of those Van Hagar shows will be NO.

It's confirmed $lapnut$ fans, the ballads will be played. So what's your defense now? HA! There is none, could it be any clearer this is the fucking $ellout tour to end all $ellout tours.

FORD
04-02-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Lou
The theory behind funding the Bush campaign is that Clear Channel are affiliated with the "Bush Criminal Empire" in some way, and since CC is running the show, buying a Van Hagar ticket is a contribution to Bush. I guess CC grosses 75% of ticket sales. Disclaimer: Not my theory.

It goes beyond that, Lou. Sammy himself has given $2000 to Junior's campaign. As for Fear Channel, their connection to the BCE is so close, you might as well call them a branch office. Here's a BCE/Clear Channel flow chart:

http://www.takebackthemedia.com/images/clearbush1.jpg