PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Tap Fitzgerald To Head Impeachment Probe

Hardrock69
10-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee are so pleased with reports that Leakgate prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald is about to indict senior White House officials that they want him to lead an impeachment investigation into whether President Bush lied to Congress about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

"The CIA leak issue is only the tip of the iceberg," House Judiciary Democrat Jerrold Nadler complains in a message posted to his web site.

In a letter asking the Justice Department to expand the scope of Fitzgerald's investigation, Nadler says: "We now have reason to believe that high crimes may have been committed at the highest level [and] wrongdoing that may have led us to war and imperiled our national security."

If there is evidence that Bush or Cheney authorized aides to deliberately mislead lawmakers, Nadler told Congressional Quarterly: "That would be an impeachable offense.'"

The Manhattan Democrat is asking Acting Deputy Attorney General Robert McCallum to direct Fitzgerald to probe efforts by the White House to discredit critics of the Iraq war like former Ambassador Joe Wilson.

Nadler wants Fitzgerald to determine whether attacks on Wilson were part of a "broader conspiracy knowingly to mislead Congress into authorizing a war."

Even before leaks from Fitzgerald's investigation indicated he planned indictments, Rep. Maurice Hinchey let slip the Democrats' plan to impeach Bush for alleged Iraq war lies.

In quotes picked up by the Ithaca Journal, Hinchey said in August: "My greatest hope is that all of these things will be revealed, they will be revealed in a very direct and legal context, and that in 2006 a Democratic majority will be elected to the House of Representatives, and in February of [2007] impeachment proceedings will begin."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/10/22/234208.shtml

BigBadBrian
10-24-2005, 10:31 AM
I predicted over a year ago, either on this forum or on DDLR.com, I can't remember which now, that the political back-stabbing is going to get nothing but worse.

It is coming to fruitition.

As I've said in another thread, if wrong-doing has been done, let the chips fall where they may.

But this is turning into a witch hunt that is nothing more than payback for all the Ken Starr nonsense in the Clinton Administration. Anyone can see that.

Sadly, it doesn't look like the vicious violence and back-biting between the two parties will end. The losers in the end are the citizens of this country.

When the elections of '06 and '08 come around, I will be looking for candidates that were looking to advance the aganda of the American People, not themselves or were looking for a little payback. I don't give a rat's ass which party they are affiliated with either. I'm tired of this nonsense....from both sides. :mad:

FORD
10-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

As I've said in another thread, if wrong-doing has been done, let the chips fall where they may.

But this is turning into a witch hunt that is nothing more than payback for all the Ken Starr nonsense in the Clinton Administration. Anyone can see that.

The BCE forged documents to create false evidence which they would eventually use to start an illegal war. In the process, they committed a further crime of treason by outing a Non Official Cover CIA agent, simply because her husband knew the truth about the forged documents.

In WHAT UNIVERSE is that not more serious than lying about a blow job??

Hardrock69
10-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Connecting the crimes of the BCE with Ken Starr and his search for guilt in White House Sex-capades is an act of idiocy.

They have no relevance to each other whatsoever.

At least when Clinton got a blowjob, nobody died, several hundred thousand of our Armed Forces were not sent overseas, and the taxpayers were not asked to fund the war to the tune of a quarter of a trillion dollars...

Brian, if you cannot say something intelligent, just go to your room and play with your Neo-Con Barbies or something, mmkay?

:rolleyes:

BigBadBrian
10-24-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

Brian, if you cannot say something intelligent, just go to your room and play with your Neo-Con Barbies or something, mmkay?

:rolleyes:

The words "intelligent" and "Hardrock69" do not belong in the same thread together. I'll go elsewhere for sensible debate.

;)

Hardrock69
10-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Your definition of 'sensible' would actually be considered the definition of "irrational" by most people.

;)

Cathedral
10-24-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by FORD
The BCE forged documents to create false evidence which they would eventually use to start an illegal war. In the process, they committed a further crime of treason by outing a Non Official Cover CIA agent, simply because her husband knew the truth about the forged documents.

In WHAT UNIVERSE is that not more serious than lying about a blow job??

It's not about one being more serious than the other.
It's the fact that Clinton was actually impeached for that blow job and with all the accusations against Bush, y'all can't put together a criminal case against him.

Hey, if he's guilty then what's the problem?
The stories and conspiracies are so fantastic that i find it hard to believe that not one charge has been filed to date.

I can only summize that you sum bitches couldn't close an umbrella without help, lol.

Action speaks louder than words, and i don't see any action besides talking up a good show.

So far, the Bush administration has made every Democrat look incapable of leading a parade much less the country.

So i say to you and every other liberal Bush hating shit pile, Get on with it or shut the fuck up and sit down.

FORD
10-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
It's not about one being more serious than the other.
It's the fact that Clinton was actually impeached for that blow job and with all the accusations against Bush, y'all can't put together a criminal case against him.

Hey, if he's guilty then what's the problem?
The stories and conspiracies are so fantastic that i find it hard to believe that not one charge has been filed to date.

I can only summize that you sum bitches couldn't close an umbrella without help, lol.

Action speaks louder than words, and i don't see any action besides talking up a good show.

So far, the Bush administration has made every Democrat look incapable of leading a parade much less the country.

So i say to you and every other liberal Bush hating shit pile, Get on with it or shut the fuck up and sit down.

Look outside your window.... is that snow falling, or just confetti from shredding documents. Where's your Fitzmas spirit? ;)

LoungeMachine
10-24-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I predicted over a year ago, either on this forum or on DDLR.com, I can't remember which now, that the political back-stabbing is going to get nothing but worse.

It is coming to fruitition.

Sadly, it doesn't look like the vicious violence and back-biting between the two parties will end. The losers in the end are the citizens of this country.

When the elections of '06 and '08 come around, I will be looking for candidates that were looking to advance the aganda of the American People, not themselves or were looking for a little payback. I don't give a rat's ass which party they are affiliated with either. I'm tired of this nonsense....from both sides. :mad:

With all sincerity, Bri..... this is a great post, and I agree with most of it.

I think you're starting to feel the same way Cath does, and see that 2000 brought just a new brand of assholes in.....

Remember how Shrub was going to "bring back honor and dignity" to the White House? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For all of the faults, failures, and fuckups our Bubba brought to the table, in the end it was NOTHING compared to what has happened to us in the last 5 years.

I'm not saying the Dems have any/all of the answers, but '06 is going to be a "wake up and pay the piper" call to all Republicans

I really wish a third Party could make a difference, alas the reality is what it is.

BBB is taking a hard look at this Administration and it's actions, and to me that's a major step in this long debate.........

:cool:

LoungeMachine
10-24-2005, 12:39 PM

So i say to you and every other liberal Bush hating shit pile,.

Hey, I thought we were friends....;)

FORD
10-24-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm happy that the (former) Busheep are starting to wakeup, but dismissing the impending indictments as "revenge for Ken Starr" is just completely ridiculous.

Cathedral
10-24-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm dismissing nothing, Ford.
All i'm saying is that if we could impeach Clinton over a blow job, what is so hard about bringing charges against Bush for what amounts to be a million times worse?

Lack of evidence is the answer to that.

Look man, if the accusations can be proven then i'd have no trouble supporting the impeachment.
but so far it is only accusations that lead to nothing but more accusations.
I can see things going on that i don't agree with, in fact they don't resemble the party i have been supporting since i became of age, so i abandoned this administration, but not the party, not yet anyway.

Oh, and my "shit pile" remark wasn't directed at the people here, that is reserved for career politicians...I should have worded that differently, lol.

PHOENIX
10-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Some of you guys need to get laid. I'll bet the Taliban gets laid more often.:D

Hardrock69
10-24-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm dismissing nothing, Ford.
All i'm saying is that if we could impeach Clinton over a blow job, what is so hard about bringing charges against Bush for what amounts to be a million times worse?

Lack of evidence is the answer to that.

Look man, if the accusations can be proven then i'd have no trouble supporting the impeachment.
but so far it is only accusations that lead to nothing but more accusations.
I can see things going on that i don't agree with, in fact they don't resemble the party i have been supporting since i became of age, so i abandoned this administration, but not the party, not yet anyway.

Lack of evidence? What do you think Fitzy is doing right now? Sitting around on Capitol Hill getting evidence from the media?

If there were no "evidence", he would not be investigating the BCE for possible treason now would he?

It is really sad when all the NeoCons have to go after Clinton with is the fact that he was getting a blowjob and some cigar action from Monica Blewinsky....

We have several-hundred thousand troops in Iraq right now based on a pack of lies.

What more evidence do you need?

Hardrock69
10-24-2005, 04:26 PM
I must modify the above statement....there was the Whitewater crap, but a lot of that seemed to be Hillary's own personal "coverup scandal".

Wonder if any Secret Service photos of her exist of her getting ass-raped by Monica Blewinsky wearing a strap-on...

:D

Satan
10-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I must modify the above statement....there was the Whitewater crap, but a lot of that seemed to be Hillary's own personal "coverup scandal".

Wonder if any Secret Service photos of her exist of her getting ass-raped by Monica Blewinsky wearing a strap-on...

:D

None that have surfaced so far in Hell. And we usually get a copy of everything down here.