PDA

View Full Version : DAVE wrote "Intruder"? Who woulda thunk?

Matt White
10-24-2005, 12:40 PM
I was just reading through an old CREEM mag...the one with DAVE on the cover(I know, there where many!)........

Something caught my eye that I don't remember having seen...before or since......

INTRUDER
"I wrote that. Remember what I told you about the video? We made it with no consideration for the music at all. There was no story line that we tried to fit to "Pretty Woman", we simply made a movie like MGM, Hollywood-style. None of this conceptual video stuff. When we finished the movie, it was about three minutes too long for the song, so I said, "We won't cut any of it, we'll write soundtrack music for the beginning. So we went into the studio and I played the synthesizer and I wrote it---it took about an hour to put that together. It was rerecorded for the album."

Fancy trying a whole soundtrack for a film?
"Not at all---but I did want to try. As you well know, after you've sold a million records, you become an internationally-recognized expert in everything!"

Which got me thinking......

"How much of CLASSIC VAN HALEN's music did DAVE have a direct hand in writing?

Could explain why his leaving affected the music so dramaticly.......

Let's get some opinions on this.........

BRANDON
10-24-2005, 12:45 PM
dave was van halen. period

PHOENIX
10-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Dave orchestrated every little detail that made CVH Grate.

Jérôme Frenchise
10-24-2005, 12:54 PM
Great thanks, Matt, for sharing this.

When I first read "Crazy from the heat", I expected to learn about Diamond's precise involvement in the making of CVH's music... but there is nothing really enlightening about thatin the book, unfortunately.
It is often said that he was always implied in arrangements a lot, that's for sure.
I once read that, for instance, "Take your Whiskey Home" or "Bottoms Up" are his works, but Dave himself didn't say it, only the journalist did (and we all know they don't always write stuff they are really sure about...).
Like you, I'm very curious to learn about it, and a bit surprised it hasn't been discussed here yet (at least as far as I know).

ZahZoo
10-24-2005, 01:52 PM
Yeah right... Dave wrote Eruption too...

Matt White
10-24-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
Yeah right... Dave wrote Eruption too...

Come on now ZZ.....'Ya callin' DAVE a liar?!?!:D

We know he played guitar on "Ice Cream Man" "Take your Whiskey Home" & probably BIG BAD BILL..........

AND...he had that same arranging class as one "EVH" back in the college days.........

Hmmmmmm....food for thought.................

Dirty Duck
10-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks matt! I believe that he wrote it....look at the songwriting after he left the band....garbage. When you're young ..hungry...and willing ,shit,you can do anything! Rock on Dave...

ZahZoo
10-24-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
Come on now ZZ.....'Ya callin' DAVE a liar?!?!:D

We know he played guitar on "Ice Cream Man" "Take your Whiskey Home" & probably BIG BAD BILL..........

AND...he had that same arranging class as one "EVH" back in the college days.........

Hmmmmmm....food for thought.................

Matt I'd say Dave embellished a lot of shit back then. Liar... well let's just say the truth and what's printed in the old fan magazines weren't always attached at the hip. How many people still believe Ed boiled his strings to get the brown sound..?

Intruder was recorded right about the time when Ed was getting his deal going with Moog Synthesizers. Listen to the backing keyboard rhythms on Dancin in the Street simular sound and effects. Could be Dave wanking around on the keys may sparked the idea behind the main intruder backing riff. But it all sounds too Edward to me.

Northern Girl
10-24-2005, 07:35 PM
How many people still believe Ed boiled his strings to get the brown sound..?

One for sure, and it's his birthday today. :D

rustoffa
10-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Dave's responsible for virtually all the lyrics to the originals'...lyrics dictate arrangements....yadda-yadda...noone needs an abacus.

jhale667
10-24-2005, 07:43 PM
How many people still believe Ed boiled his strings to get the brown sound..?

No, he boiled his strings to pre-stretch them, which helped stabilize his tuning with the early (non-finetunable) Floyd Roses. So there. :D (Actually, I think he did it with his old Fender bridges, too. Cool trick, but you have to dry 'em in the sun or they rust all to shit....)

ELVIS
10-24-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Dave orchestrated every little detail that made CVH Grate.

That's not just not true...

ELVIS
10-24-2005, 08:02 PM
We know he played guitar on "Take your Whiskey Home"......

No way! You can't recognize Edward ??

Dave did not play that intro, no way, no how!

:elvis:

jhale667
10-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Pretty sure Dave played the intro to 'Ice Cream Man', but I agree with Elvis, 'Take your Whiskey Home' is all Ed.

rustoffa
10-24-2005, 08:33 PM
Did Dave play Spanish fly?
Fuck, did Ed play it?
:(

Diamondjimi
10-24-2005, 08:36 PM

Intruder was recorded right about the time when Ed was getting his deal going with Moog Synthesizers. Listen to the backing keyboard rhythms on Dancin in the Street simular sound and effects. Could be Dave wanking around on the keys may sparked the idea behind the main intruder backing riff. But it all sounds too Edward to me.

Moog deal ? Never heard 'bout that one before.

I recall Ed saying he used an Electro Harmonix Micro Synth for "Dancin", "Intruder" and "Sunday afternoon in the Park/One foot out the door".......

Or was it a Korg? Anyway I'm pretty sure it was the E.H. Micro Synth !

Rikk
10-24-2005, 08:42 PM
Very interesting.

At the same time, the keyboard in that song is nothing special. I've always thought of INTRUDER as a complete throwaway.

rustoffa
10-24-2005, 08:44 PM
Dave called it a "Moog Sympathiser."

Wade through the irony.....

Matt White
10-24-2005, 10:46 PM
And...if you read the except....

DAVE didn't play on the version on "DIVER DOWN"......

He did the demo........

Very sneaky!!!

Seshmeister
10-24-2005, 11:11 PM
Intruder is fucking tedious rubbish and should never have been on the album.

If I was Dave I would keep quiet about doing it...:)

Matt White
10-25-2005, 01:22 AM
I fucking LOVE "INTRUDER".......

Didn't DAVE play the intro to "THE FULL BUG" at the US FESTIVAL?!?!

Hmmmmmm.......I am begining to notice a pattern people.....

Brett
10-25-2005, 01:55 AM
Dave wrote all of Eddie's riffs and showed him how to play them too, didn't you guys know that.

In fact I think it was Dave's idea for Eddie to play guitar, pretty sure he orchestrated that too.

Wait wait, don't forget Dave invented the internet too.

MAX
10-25-2005, 02:08 AM
Intruder fucking kicks ass!!!

I've explained a thousand times how I mistook that tune for an auto parts commercial when I was cleaning my room as a kid, found out it was Halen, immediately rode my bike down to the local record shop and bought "Diver Down" when it was first released.

However and sorry Taeo, but I dunno what to make of Dave's statement. Heck, it could be true that they all made it up on the spot? I do have an old Guitar Player interview with Ed when he was actually proud of "Diver Down" and the video story is the same as Dave's version.

Ed said that he and Alexia were just jamming and that he (Ed) came up with the whole thing using a Schlitz can as a slide.

Maybe it's true that Dave contributed? I dunno? :confused:

After all these years, I didn't know that Dave knew how to play keyboards?

Regardless, "The Full Bug" intro tis' beyond accurate. Ed says it in the same interview. Dave played that on acoustic.

Brett
10-25-2005, 02:32 AM
I'm telling you man, there ain't a riff Eddie played that Dave didn't come up with.

Brett
10-25-2005, 02:36 AM
Didn't we have this whole argument about the "Full Bug" intro years ago? There is also an interview with Eddie where he says that it was completely a rumor that Dave played that on the recording. I still maintain that sounds absolutely like nothing like Dave, and totally like Ed's playing. One day we'll fucking get the truth from someone.

MAX
10-25-2005, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Brett
Didn't we have this whole argument about the "Full Bug" intro years ago? There is also an interview with Eddie where he says that it was completely a rumor that Dave played that on the recording. I still maintain that sounds absolutely like nothing like Dave, and totally like Ed's playing. One day we'll fucking get the truth from someone.

Hahahaha!!!

Yup,

It was you and me. :D

Hold on, I've got the mag handy and I'll find the quote.

I'll even scan it for you when I get the whole computer back up. My home office caught a virus over a week ago and I fucking lost EVERYTHING!!! :mad: We're still putting it back together and I don't have the HP hooked back up yet.

MAX
10-25-2005, 03:17 AM
Ok Norton!!!

I gotcha and I'll even send you the mag!!! lol. ;)

It's a "Best Of Guitar Player" Mag and I would assume circa 1992 or '93 judging by all of the EBMM ads and the latest interviews were about LRHRN.

The cover has Ed on the VHII tour cos he's got the Yellow Striped Charvel.

It's entitled : VAN HALEN: UNPUBLISHED INTERVIEWS!

It reads:

"In 1978, Young Eddie Van Halen used to call us at 3 A.M. to talk guitars, song, ideas and life on the road.

We kept the tape running..."

Anyway, in an interview with Jas Obrecht entitled "THE VAN HALEN TAPES" on page 24, here it is:

Q: Does Dave play the acoustic on "The Full Bug"?

A: Edward: Yeah, he plays the intro.

:D :D :D

fryingdutchman
10-25-2005, 04:43 AM
Dave wrote all of Eddie's riffs and showed him how to play them too, didn't you guys know that.

In fact I think it was Dave's idea for Eddie to play guitar, pretty sure he orchestrated that too.

Wait wait, don't forget Dave invented the internet too.

He also played the clarinet on Big Bad Bill.

All that stuff about Eddie's father was bullshit! :D

fatmanwalking
10-25-2005, 10:09 AM
Well I will believe Dave came up with all the CVH stuff when his solo stuff starts to compare to it.

Love the guy but he was the singer in the band.

Yeah he played the intro to Ice Cream Man and if Eddie said he played on the intro to the Full Bug then he did that.

No way he played the intro to Take Your Whiskey Home. Any guitarist worth his salt can hear Eddie's vibe coming out of that.

BTW, Eddie also played the acoustic guitar on Big Bad Bill. He said it was a blast sitting next to his dad while reading the charts for the song. The bass player had a stand up bass as well.

Matt White
10-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by fatmanwalking
Well I will believe Dave came up with all the CVH stuff when his solo stuff starts to compare to it.

Love the guy but he was the singer in the band.

Yeah he played the intro to Ice Cream Man and if Eddie said he played on the intro to the Full Bug then he did that.

No way he played the intro to Take Your Whiskey Home. Any guitarist worth his salt can hear Eddie's vibe coming out of that.

BTW, Eddie also played the acoustic guitar on Big Bad Bill. He said it was a blast sitting next to his dad while reading the charts for the song. The bass player had a stand up bass as well.

Yeah...thanks for sharin'...

the van hagar recordings sure reflected the guitar genius of EVH.....

THe guy has SUCKED for the past 20 years....

I'm startin' to think DAVE played ERUPTION...and taught it to EVH

Brett
10-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Ok Norton!!!

I gotcha and I'll even send you the mag!!! lol. ;)

It's a "Best Of Guitar Player" Mag and I would assume circa 1992 or '93 judging by all of the EBMM ads and the latest interviews were about LRHRN.

The cover has Ed on the VHII tour cos he's got the Yellow Striped Charvel.

It's entitled : VAN HALEN: UNPUBLISHED INTERVIEWS!

It reads:

"In 1978, Young Eddie Van Halen used to call us at 3 A.M. to talk guitars, song, ideas and life on the road.

We kept the tape running..."

Anyway, in an interview with Jas Obrecht entitled "THE VAN HALEN TAPES" on page 24, here it is:

Q: Does Dave play the acoustic on "The Full Bug"?

A: Edward: Yeah, he plays the intro.

:D :D :D

Dude wait a second, that interview is from 1978, why would he be talking about "The Full Bug?" Are you sure that it doesn't say "Ice Cream Man," because I recall reading it that way.

fatmanwalking
10-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Yeah...thanks for sharin'...

the van hagar recordings sure reflected the guitar genius of EVH.....

THe guy has SUCKED for the past 20 years....

I'm startin' to think DAVE played ERUPTION...and taught it to EVH

IMO Hagar era and Dave's solo albums outside of ETAS are about the same. I am a guitar player so vocalists don't do as much for me as other people. I dig Eddie a lot regardless of who is singing.

However Dave's solo stuff does not compare to anything outside of Diver Down.

I know its Dave site but if Eddie had a site I would say that anything after 1984 was subpar.

Dave's best work was with VH>

Matt White
10-25-2005, 06:32 PM
I'll Take ANY DAVE solo over van hagar.....

van hagar is music for housewives & Mullet-farmers

DlocRoth
10-25-2005, 07:06 PM
Dude wait a second, that interview is from 1978, why would he be talking about "The Full Bug?" Are you sure that it doesn't say "Ice Cream Man," because I recall reading it that way.

I think that shit about '78 and leaving the tape rollin is just the intro to the whole "lost interviews" deal. The quote about Full Bug is from a later interview.

Brett
10-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Ah ok.

I recall that interview, pretty sure I have it in that Guitar World book that came out a few years ago, I'll take a look.

ELVIS
10-25-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by fatmanwalking

BTW, Eddie also played the acoustic guitar on Big Bad Bill. He said it was a blast sitting next to his dad while reading the charts for the song.

BTW, that's not an acoustic guitar, It's electric...

MAX
10-25-2005, 07:52 PM
Ah ok.

I recall that interview, pretty sure I have it in that Guitar World book that came out a few years ago, I'll take a look.

I should have explained it better. :o

It is a series of interviews that began in 1978 and go all the way through 1982. That part that I quoted, Ed is doing nothing but talking about the recording of "Diver Down." :)

Terry
10-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Far as Intruder goes, maybe Dave wrote the main riff, which isn't all that complex, but far as that track goes I tend to remember what Ed did on it more than anything else.

Dave has played guitar for a long time. Not in the same league as Edward, but the man is able to play. Matter of fact, when I first saw the Bar-B-Que, was kinda taken aback by the fact that he was purty good. No Segovia, but the man knows how to make that catgut meow. He has ability beyond the open-tuning Ice Cream Man acoustic parts.

Agreed that the Take Your Whiskey Home intro is Ed. I could see Dave playing the Full Bug intro; well within his capabilities.

Think as far as CVH went, Dave was probably more of an ear for Ed to bounce ideas off of than anything else. Never bought into the whole "Dave and/or Eddie is/was CVH" nonsense to begin with. Took all four of 'em to make it happen. But I could see Dave saying to Ed something like "Let's use that part you came up with in the chorus instead of the bridge," or something along those lines.

Matt White
10-25-2005, 09:41 PM
I bet DAVE played some guitar on "Could This Be Magic" too.....

Kinda like ROBERT PLANT playing acoustic on LED ZEPPELIN III and not getting credit......:D

MAX
10-25-2005, 09:46 PM
I bet DAVE played some guitar on "Could This Be Magic" too.....

He did. :)

He played the rhythm part. It was just Dave, Ed and Ted Templeman in the studio when they first cut it with Ed playing slide.

When they did the vocals Nicolette Larson also sang backup.

I've got it in some fuckin' interview somewhere.

They also toyed with ending the song with a cow's "moo" but decided against it. The water you hear in the song is real too cos it was raining heavily when they put down the basic track.

Matt White
10-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by MAX
He did. :)

He played the rhythm part. It was just Dave, Ed and Ted Templeman in the studio when they first cut it with Ed playing slide.

When they did the vocals Nicolette Larson also sang backup.

I've got it in some fuckin' interview somewhere.

They also toyed with ending the song with a cow's "moo" but decided against it. The water you hear in the song is real too cos it was raining heavily when they put down the basic track.

EXACTLY 'Millian!

DAVE was responsible for WAY more of the CLASSIC VAN HALEN sound then he's ever given credit for......

MAX
10-25-2005, 09:56 PM
EXACTLY 'Millian!

DAVE was responsible for WAY more of the CLASSIC VAN HALEN sound then he's ever given credit for......

That's beyond evident Taeo cos listen to the shit they put out without his imput. :uck:

I mean they even brought Ted Templeman back for that "FUCK" album to do with Sammy what he'd always done with Dave and Andy Johns played the Donn Landee role. They recorded it much like "1984" and the songs STILL sucked.

Even Alexia said it himself in 1996:

"There's no denying the chemistry that happens when the four of us play together. Something magical always happens in the music."

Matt White
10-25-2005, 10:00 PM
TRUE 'DAT!!!

Diamondjimi
10-25-2005, 11:04 PM
The Full Bug intro. has got to be Ed. It sounds like it's played with a pick. Dave always picked with his fingers , generally in open tunings (Ice cream Man).

Could this be Magic & Big Bad Bill were recorded with all of them tracking live. CTBM outdoors during a California rain storm &
B.B.B was recorded live while they played in a circle joined by Jan VH on clarinet.

MAX
10-25-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
The Full Bug intro. has got to be Ed.

IT ISN'T!!!

It's DAVE!!!

Fuck, even Ed said so and Dave played it live on The Hide Your Sheep Tour!!!

Steve Savicki
10-25-2005, 11:11 PM
Another reason why Diver Down was a kick arse album. :cool:

Thanks for researchin' this, sir.

MAX
10-25-2005, 11:13 PM
Suup Savicki? :)

It wasn't hard to research interviews that I've already owned for years though. :)

Brett
10-26-2005, 12:44 AM
I still want to see that damn interview in writing where Ed says Dave played "The Full Bug" intro, it just doesn't sound like Dave god damn it.

Brett
10-26-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Terry

Think as far as CVH went, Dave was probably more of an ear for Ed to bounce ideas off of than anything else. Never bought into the whole "Dave and/or Eddie is/was CVH" nonsense to begin with. Took all four of 'em to make it happen. But I could see Dave saying to Ed something like "Let's use that part you came up with in the chorus instead of the bridge," or something along those lines.

Absolutely.

No question Dave had a lot of input in arranging, considering he to sing over it. But that's not different than any other band.

How many bands have we all been in where someone will say, "Let's use that part as the chorus" or "Let's use that as the verse, it's easier to sing over" or something along those lines.

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 12:46 AM
I still want to see that damn interview in writing where Ed says Dave played "The Full Bug" intro, it just doesn't sound like Dave god damn it.

Because it's not...

Brett
10-26-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Because it's not...

See! It's not just me.

MAX
10-26-2005, 12:49 AM

Settle down Beavis. lol.

I told you that I'd be more than happy to mail it to you. :)

Fuck, some of you make me crazy. I was fucking around on my Strat tonight and comparing "Ice Cream Man" and "The Full Bug" intros. I then listened to both albums. Fuck, it sounds like Dave just fine. I don't see the dilemma. lmao

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 12:49 AM
Absolutely.

No question Dave had a lot of input in arranging, considering he to sing over it. But that's not different than any other band.

Yeah but, Classic Van Halen would sound like those crappy Zero demos without Ted Templeman and Don Landee...

Same as Lennon McCartney without George Martin...

Have any of you guys heard the new let It Be ??

MAX
10-26-2005, 12:51 AM
Because it's not...

YES IT IS!!!

Elvis,

You're just on a warpath tonight. Lookin' for a fight in every thread. :p

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 12:51 AM
And who cares what Edward said in a drunken interview ??

He probably doesn't remember playing his best shit...

MAX
10-26-2005, 12:52 AM
Have any of you guys heard the new let It Be ??

I always thought "Let It Be" was done by that freak Phil Spector? :confused:

MAX
10-26-2005, 12:53 AM
And who cares what Edward said in a drunken interview ??

He probably doesn't remember playing his best shit...

It isn't a hard intro to play. Fuck, Dave played it live on that tour. What's the problem?

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 12:54 AM
The videos I have, there is no intro...

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by MAX
I always thought "Let It Be" was done by that freak Phil Spector? :confused:

Maybe so, let me check...

Either way, you get my idea...

Brett
10-26-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Settle down Beavis. lol.

I told you that I'd be more than happy to mail it to you. :)

Fuck, some of you make me crazy. I was fucking around on my Strat tonight and comparing "Ice Cream Man" and "The Full Bug" intros. I then listened to both albums. Fuck, it sounds like Dave just fine. I don't see the dilemma. lmao

Make a copy, send it fucker. :)

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 12:57 AM
Correct, Spector produced Let It be and Pual never liked it...

I spoke to soon...

;)

Brett
10-26-2005, 12:58 AM
Well he destroyed "The Long And Winding Road" with that string shit that Paul despised.

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 01:03 AM
I like it...

MAX
10-26-2005, 01:03 AM
Aiiight and JUDAS PRIEST!!!

Brett and Elvis, go fucking listen to "The Full Bug" right now.

Listen to the acoustic intro and then listen to when they do that verse again after the solo.

You can totally tell the fucking difference, It's beyond basic.

Seriously, the intro is no big deal and doesn't sound like Ed at all. Then listen to the same part while it's definitely Ed.

This is silly.

MAX
10-26-2005, 01:05 AM
Make a copy, send it fucker. :)

I will dickbreath. :p

Brett
10-26-2005, 01:05 AM
Send it. :)

What about Judas Priest? :)

Brett
10-26-2005, 01:06 AM
I like it...

Yes I figured that. :)

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by MAX
This is silly.

No it's not, I've been playing that song on guitar since it came out...

I've analyzed it every way possible...

It's not Dave...

MAX
10-26-2005, 01:21 AM
No it's not, I've been playing that song on guitar since it came out...

I've analyzed it every way possible...

It's not Dave...

Dude, I don't see the big deal?

This is funny and has been great cos I haven't REALLY listened to that song in ages.

Fuckin' A it's Dave. That intro doesn't sound like Ed the least bit. That song is totally a Dave influenced blues motherfucker. The harp solo, the modulation, etc.

I'm also giving Ed props for his playing when he "Brownsounded" the intro after the solos.

It's most definitely not one of Ed's pride and joys. By that I mean, it's more of a sequel to "Ice Cream Man" and something that Dave prolly planted a seed and Ed made a song out of it. Remember, he was drunk, intimidated and did everything that mean ol' Dave and Teddy told him to at the time? lmao

Let's let Loons settle this cos he's apparantly rippin' up the acoustic blues on his porch as of late.

MAX
10-26-2005, 01:22 AM
Send it. :)

What about Judas Priest? :)

Will do. :)

"Judas Priest?" I guess they're playing here this weekend. Never much cared for them so I'll miss the show. :(

Breakin' The Law!!! :killer:

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 01:23 AM
I don't know man...

Dave can't really play guitar very well...

MAX
10-26-2005, 01:23 AM
"The Long and Winding Road" sucks, whatever version.

MAX
10-26-2005, 01:26 AM
I don't know man...

Dave can't really play guitar very well...

It doesn't sound like Ed at all. Dave picks the acoustic not too badly. I'm no idiot that claims Dave wrote shit musically with Halen at all. I think he did what any singer does with melodies, etc. However, in the case of "The Full Bug" Dave might have had an idea and Ed built a song around it.

Brett
10-26-2005, 01:39 AM
I still fucking say it ain't him and I'm always right.

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 01:43 AM
I say it's Ed also!

I don't even think Dave wrote most of the words and melodies to Classic Van Halen...

MAX
10-26-2005, 01:49 AM
I still fucking say it ain't him and I'm always right.

Horsehit Norton!!!

I challenge you to a duel...

Swords or pistols? lmao :D

BTW. Now that I have DD playin', fuck it's awesome!!!

It's what got me into VH in the first place as a kid. Ironically enough, it was hearing fucking "Intruder" and mistaking it for a hard rockin' auto parts add when I was eleven.

"Intruder" shreads and MAYBE dave was allowed to fiddle with the cupla notes on the keyboard when it was recorded?

MAX
10-26-2005, 01:50 AM
I don't even think Dave wrote most of the words and melodies to Classic Van Halen...

Now you're just sounding stupid...

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 01:51 AM
Intruder pretty much sucks...

Pretty Woman is the worst van Halen song there is...

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Now you're just sounding stupid...

Yeah ??

Listen to the WACF demos...

Dave had zero ideas...

The producer told him to do this, do that, scream here, scream there...

MAX
10-26-2005, 01:53 AM
Intruder pretty much sucks...

Pretty Woman is the worst van Halen song there is...

Fine, Mr. "Stand Up" is one of Dave's "best?" lol.

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 01:54 AM
It is...

MAX
10-26-2005, 01:54 AM
Yeah ??

Listen to the WACF demos...

Dave had zero ideas...

The producer told him to do this, do that, scream here, scream there...

Sheepa lotta peepah dabba looka foh a moopee ;)

BOP!!! Bozy Bozy Bop!!! Ditty BOP!!!

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 01:56 AM
Yeah, that's just about what he contributed to the writing...

MAX
10-26-2005, 01:56 AM
It is...

The lyrics are ALMOST as gay as Hagar's.

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 01:57 AM
No way, they're pretty positive...

MAX
10-26-2005, 01:58 AM
Yeah, that's just about what he contributed to the writing...

Horse Hockey. :rolleyes:

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 01:59 AM
Hmmm...

MAX
10-26-2005, 02:04 AM
Elvis,

Let's cut the bullshit bro.

Where are you trying to go with this?

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 02:16 AM
I dunno, but I'm not giving up...

Never have, never will...

MAX
10-26-2005, 02:24 AM
Nor should you mang.

Tis' a good thing and you have every fucking right to be proud. ;)

I just don't get where you're going with this Dave stuff?

I still know more about Van Halen and Roth than anyone here. :D

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 02:28 AM
I dunno about that, I gots four years on ya...

Brett
10-26-2005, 02:30 AM
My head's spinning from that exchange.

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 02:32 AM
:D

MAX
10-26-2005, 02:34 AM
I dunno about that, I gots four years on ya...

Maybe...

I'm still one cocky bitch though until someone proves me wrong. ;)

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 02:57 AM
Keep listenin'

ZahZoo
10-26-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by jhale667
No, he boiled his strings to pre-stretch them, which helped stabilize his tuning with the early (non-finetunable) Floyd Roses. So there. :D (Actually, I think he did it with his old Fender bridges, too. Cool trick, but you have to dry 'em in the sun or they rust all to shit....)

Sorry 667 but Ed's admitted several times that he made shit up when people asked him how he got his sound. He's mentioned the boiling the strings was a crock several times.

Now if you want to go scientific on it... go research the tinsel properties of steel, bronze, brass and nickel. Heat any one of those metals to 212 degrees isn't going to change their properties one bit other than warm them a bit.

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 09:06 AM
But it will clean them...

I do it with bass strings...

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 09:07 AM
And BTW, I never heard Edward say boiling his strings was a crock of shit...

Brett
10-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Yeah ZZ Ed's never said the string boiling was BS. The one thing Ed said that was BS was that Jose Arredondo hot-rodded his amps, he has said he really just wanted to give the guy business.

Matt White
10-26-2005, 12:30 PM
IT's Dave on "THE FULL BUG"......

Some people wouldn't believe it if they saw DAVE record the MOFO.....

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 12:31 PM
Bullshit!

Matt White
10-26-2005, 12:38 PM
You are...INCORRECT SIR!!!

"THat's Life...that's what people say....."

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 12:41 PM
No, it's you...

I'm a good guitar player...

Prove your stance...

Matt White
10-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Congrats....I'm not too shabby on the 'ol git-fiddle meself.....

The proof is right before your "naked steaming eyes"......

Don't blame me if you refuse to see it.....;)

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 12:46 PM
No, look again...

Matt White
10-26-2005, 12:48 PM
"I can see clearly now the haze is gone....."

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 12:49 PM
It's a bright sunny day!

Matt White
10-26-2005, 12:51 PM
It's a bright sunny day!

(In best Mr. Grimsdale voice)
Exactly, exactly

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 12:54 PM
:D

Matt White
10-26-2005, 01:15 PM
That calls for the "DLR Flying Leap" seal of approval

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 01:19 PM
Nice!

Matt White
10-26-2005, 01:42 PM
First Euro-Tour:

The Rainbow Theatre, London, Oct 22nd 1978

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 01:45 PM
Awesome!

:ELVIS:

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 01:45 PM
Oops...:D

Diamondjimi
10-27-2005, 06:44 PM
I don't give a rat's ass what anyone thinks. I've been playing guitar
for 27 years. I still say that Ed played the intro on "Full Bug". Listen to the phrasing. It's totally EVH !

This is trivial B.S. anyway !

BTW if anyone can post an unedited pic of DLR playing guitar with a pick I'll
be mighty impressed ! (No photoshopping !)

Diamondjimi
10-27-2005, 06:45 PM

Matt White
10-27-2005, 06:47 PM
GRATE....I've been playing for 22 years...it's DAVE.....
Thanks for playing

Diamondjimi
10-27-2005, 06:48 PM
Saw that tour. No Dave playing the intro ! WITH A PICK !

Matt White
10-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Show me a pic of EVH playing without one...QUICKLY!!!!

Diamondjimi
10-27-2005, 06:55 PM
LOL !!!

See ? No pick!

Matt White
10-27-2005, 07:01 PM
"Pocket Pool"!!!

He scratched!!!:mad:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Diamondjimi
10-27-2005, 07:05 PM
YARRRR !

jhale667
10-27-2005, 07:27 PM
Sorry 667 but Ed's admitted several times that he made shit up when people asked him how he got his sound. He's mentioned the boiling the strings was a crock several times.

Now if you want to go scientific on it... go research the tinsel properties of steel, bronze, brass and nickel. Heat any one of those metals to 212 degrees isn't going to change their properties one bit other than warm them a bit.

Wrong. Heating them would cause them to EXPAND, i.e. STRETCH, and that helps with Floyd tuning stability. He didn't do it for the sound....:rolleyes:

rustoffa
10-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Did Estaban help Ed out on Spanish Fly?

Diamondjimi
10-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
Wrong. Heating them would cause them to EXPAND, i.e. STRETCH, and that helps with Floyd tuning stability. He didn't do it for the sound....:rolleyes:

Damn, early Floyds without fine tuners. Nerve wracking !

Matt White
10-27-2005, 10:26 PM
I thought he boiled old strings to get more use out of 'em....took the gunk off......

Maybe he was making soup.................???:confused:

Diamondjimi
10-28-2005, 12:51 AM
I thought he boiled 'em 'cause he was broke ! LOL !
Taking in concideration of the fact that Ed & Shemp didn't move out of the parents house till they finished the W.A.C.F. tour...........

Diamondjimi
10-28-2005, 12:54 AM
I thought he boiled old strings to get more use out of 'em....took the gunk off......

Maybe he was making soup.................???:confused:

Yeah , gunk soup !

Matt White
10-28-2005, 12:55 AM
EVH & Shemp weren't broke...they was two CHEAP ASS MOMMA's BOYS...........

...and 1/2 of the GRATEST AMERICAN HARD ROCK BAND of all time

MAX
10-28-2005, 01:19 AM
Why do people call Alexia "shemp?" I've obviously missed it but I'm sure it's gotta be fuckin' hilarious. :D

Oh Elvis and Brett,

Dave played the intro on "The Full Bug." :)

Diamondjimi
10-28-2005, 06:59 PM
EVH & Shemp weren't broke...they was two CHEAP ASS MOMMA's BOYS...........

...and 1/2 of the GRATEST AMERICAN HARD ROCK BAND of all time

LOL !!!

No doubt about it !

Matt White
10-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Why do people call Alexia "shemp?" I've obviously missed it but I'm sure it's gotta be fuckin' hilarious. :D

Oh Elvis and Brett,

I call him "Shemp" because I saw a pic of him years ago...he was laughing....and looked like the evil offspring of the forgotten STOOGE---SHEMP HOWARD

That makes EVH "Curley Joe"

Diamondjimi
10-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by MAX

(Arms folded, foot tappin)....still waitin for proof...............

Diamondjimi
10-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Fuck it .I'm gonna have to call Dave and ask him myself !

LOL.............

DLR'sCock
10-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Dave played the guitar on Ice Cream Man, Could This Be Magic?(both dave and ed), and maybe the intro to the Full Bug....

Lukather
10-30-2005, 01:42 AM
I really don't know what to say. Is this some kind of joke?

Matt White
10-30-2005, 01:52 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

NO:mad:

Seshmeister
08-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Did anyone ever apologise to MAX when just a few months later Roth played 'Could this be magic?' on his radio show???

All the so called 'experts' swearing they were right and Roth couldn't have played that stuff.

RIP Max...

ThrillsNSpills
08-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Eddie: "Dave plays the acoustic guitar and harmonica on the intro of 'The Full Bug.' My lines in the middle of that are different. I've been doing a lot of stuff with Allan Holdsworth, and he inspires me."

Seshmeister
08-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Brett and ELVIS sitiing in a tree
Talking complete S-H-I-T :D

kwame k
08-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Did anyone ever apologise to MAX when just a few months later Roth played 'Could this be magic?' on his radio show???

All the so called 'experts' swearing they were right and Roth couldn't have played that stuff.

RIP Max...

The boy knew his CVH shit...........

indeedido
08-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Dave's a good finger picker. I would have liked to have heard more of it and his harmonica on his solo albums. Open tunings are great.

ThrillsNSpills
08-01-2011, 10:57 PM
I wonder if Dave got better at guitar after studying with that guitarist from NYC that he recorded Take Savara with.

That was an awesome clip from his radio stint.

FORD
08-01-2011, 11:00 PM
I always found it amusing how the sheep like to talk about Hagar being a "musician" and Dave "isn't", yet Sammy never played guitar on a single Van Hagar studio album, and Dave played on at three Van HALEN albums (VH1, WACF, and Diver Down). And even on that abortion of a live album, the only songs the Ched Rocker played on were the ones he originally recorded as a solo artist.

FORD
08-01-2011, 11:06 PM
I really don't know what to say. Is this some kind of joke?

BTW... if anybody thought this might have been Steve Lukather who posted this, it wasn't.

At least not unless he moved to Georgia and posts on a lot of gun nut boards.

Seshmeister
08-02-2011, 03:41 AM
The Full Bug would be a logical one to revive on the new tour but it would be another to miss the Mike Anthony backing vocals.

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/gwAgmnXgK7U?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/gwAgmnXgK7U?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Also if Ed had played the intro to this on the record then he would have live too. The reason there is no intro here is because it isn't worth it for Roth to go put on a guitar for such a short bit.

ThatArtGuy
08-02-2011, 04:33 AM
I always found it amusing how the sheep like to talk about Hagar being a "musician" and Dave "isn't", yet Sammy never played guitar on a single Van Hagar studio album, and Dave played on at three Van HALEN albums (VH1, WACF, and Diver Down). And even on that abortion of a live album, the only songs the Ched Rocker played on were the ones he originally recorded as a solo artist.

Thanks to reading the Van Halen Encyclopedia I unfortunately know this. Sammy played guitar on two Van Hagar songs: Finish What You Started and A Apolitical Blues. Now I'm off to wash myself off. I feel dirty.

Seshmeister
08-02-2011, 05:10 AM
Sammy has been playing rock guitar professionally for over 40 years now and I've yet to hear him play anything of note and that wasn't entirely derivative and uninteresting.

A mediocre talent who got very lucky with a novelty song and then getting accidentally hired by the Van Halens when they were on the rebound with their minds befuddled with booze.

ashstralia
08-02-2011, 05:25 AM
Sammy has been playing rock guitar professionally for over 40 years now and I've yet to hear him play anything of note and that wasn't entirely derivative and uninteresting.

why are we discussing the red screech again?

Heater
08-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Doubtful that Dave played on the albums, not even sure if he really plays ICM intro in concert. Dave writes lyrics in VH, Ed tells Mike and now Chumley what bass parts to play and gives Dave a melody to put his words over. Dave likes to embellish a wee bit, or lie even Like when he got arrested in NYC for buying pot. Truth be told, he was in possession of marijuana when he propositioned an undercover male cop, a la George Michael. Being who he was, the story was changed to save him the embarrassment, lucky for him the NYPD had some VH fans in their ranks.

Matt White
08-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Doubtful that Dave played on the albums, not even sure if he really plays ICM intro in concert. Dave writes lyrics in VH, Ed tells Mike and now Chumley what bass parts to play and gives Dave a melody to put his words over. Dave likes to embellish a wee bit, or lie even Like when he got arrested in NYC for buying pot. Truth be told, he was in possession of marijuana when he propositioned an undercover male cop, a la George Michael. Being who he was, the story was changed to save him the embarrassment, lucky for him the NYPD had some VH fans in their ranks.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh....what???

DAVE played guitar on the before mentioned songs...on the CLASSIC VAN HALENS recordings.....

Thats a fact that all the naysaying in the world can't change....

thanks for playing....Now shut yer pie-hole & crawl back to the Vhstinks......you dick butler

PETE'S BROTHER
08-02-2011, 12:27 PM
crawl back to the Vhstinks......you dick butler

:biggrin:

Diamondjimi
08-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Doubtful that Dave played on the albums, not even sure if he really plays ICM intro in concert.

That says it all about your knowledge of the REAL Van Halen. Who let this turd cutter out of the fuckin Pen?

chefcraig
08-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Dave likes to embellish a wee bit, or lie even Like when he got arrested in NYC for buying pot. Truth be told, he was in possession of marijuana when he propositioned an undercover male cop, a la George Michael. Being who he was, the story was changed to save him the embarrassment, lucky for him the NYPD had some VH fans in their ranks.

OK. Do you happen to have a source for this info from the NYPD, or are you merely an active member of the gay community yourself? (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

jhale667
08-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Dave likes to embellish a wee bit, or lie even Like when he got arrested in NYC for buying pot. Truth be told, he was in possession of marijuana when he propositioned an undercover male cop, a la George Michael. Being who he was, the story was changed to save him the embarrassment, lucky for him the NYPD had some VH fans in their ranks.

Calling BULLSHIT on that one...the press would have had a field day with that, and no way would the NYPD have changed the charges "to save him the embarrassment".

Keep your fantasy life out of this, sheep. :fufu:

Matt White
08-02-2011, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=Heater;1554357] I larve George Michael. QUOTE]

Gentlemen....you know what to do...........

http://members.fortunecity.com/neoxtrinity/tcmcut.jpg

FORD
08-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Doubtful that Dave played on the albums, not even sure if he really plays ICM intro in concert. Dave writes lyrics in VH, Ed tells Mike and now Chumley what bass parts to play and gives Dave a melody to put his words over. .

Ummm.... Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Goddamned if you ain't one of the DUMBEST sheep to ever bleat all over this board.:shagsheep:

Heater
08-02-2011, 02:28 PM
As much as Dave is an egotist and show-off (witness his majorette baton twirling during the too cheesy for Nickelodeon "Jump") IF he was any good on the guitar he would be flaunting it. As for his arrest, what happened, happened. It makes sense that you would believe there is no such thing as the police changing some facts around for one reason or another, part of Roth's mystique is perpetuated by those who MUST view him as other-worldly. So maybe he was helping the police that night, a decoy. Yeah, that's the ticket!

indeedido
08-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Don't feed the trolls.

Jagermeister
08-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Calling BULLSHIT on that one...the press would have had a field day with that, and no way would the NYPD have changed the charges "to save him the embarrassment".

Keep your fantasy life out of this, sheep. :fufu:

Jagermeister would like to thank jhale for this kick ass post.

Diamondjimi
08-02-2011, 02:51 PM
As much as Dave is an egotist and show-off (witness his majorette baton twirling during the too cheesy for Nickelodeon "Jump") IF he was any good on the guitar he would be flaunting it.

Baton twirling? Arsehole, that's 40 years of martial arts experience he's displaying. What does Sam do to entertain? Oh yeah, jump up and down in 1 spot like he's got a red hot poker stuffed up his arse. Wow, that's entertainment.
Dave's an entertainer first and foremost . That's what he flaunts. he's a man who knows his strengths and goes with it unlike The Round Rocket who's strength is not dazzling people with brilliance but rather baffling them with bullshit.....

Jagermeister
08-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Baton twirling? Arsehole, that's 40 years of martial arts experience he's displaying. What does Sam do to entertain? Oh yeah, jump up and down in 1 spot like he's got a red hot poker stuffed up his arse. Wow, that's entertainment.
Dave's an entertainer first and foremost . That's what he flaunts. he's a man who knows his strengths and goes with it unlike The Round Rocket who's strength is not dazzling people with brilliance but rather baffling them with bullshit.....

Not that I really care but why are certain members afraid to use suck terms as. Cock, Ass Hole and Ass?

WTF is a coch? :biggrin:

Diamondjimi
08-02-2011, 03:27 PM
WTF is a coch? :biggrin:

It's "Dumpspeak" ...

When referring to my own, I'd rather refer to it as "cuntstretcher". But it far too much typing to be bothered... ;)

Jagermeister
08-02-2011, 03:30 PM
It's "Dumpspeak" ...

When referring to my own, I'd rather refer to it as "cuntstretcher". But it far too much typing to be bothered... ;)

:biggrin:

FORD
08-02-2011, 03:33 PM
As much as Dave is an egotist and show-off (witness his majorette baton twirling during the too cheesy for Nickelodeon "Jump") IF he was any good on the guitar he would be flaunting it.

If you weren't such a goddamned idiot, you would realize that one of the many differences between David Lee Roth and the tequila salesman, is that Dave never had the need to boast of his guitar playing skills, and attempt to put himself on the same level as Eddie Van Halen. As opposed to.... oh, let's take this rancid piece of shit, for example....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rvri_da8_E

You wouldn't have thought it was possible to make a cheesy shit song like this worse, but they managed to do it when the Ched Rocker said "Hey Eddie why don't you just play that cheesy synthesizer so we get the full Hallmark card ambience here. I'll play the lead". Which he did. Very badly.

If that piece of crap song had ANY redeeming qualities to begin with, it would have been Eddie's solo on the record, which wasn't bad (though certainly not his best). With an inferior guitarist egotistically wanking away while Ed plinks on the Velveeta keyboards, even that is lost. :sick0020:

Jagermeister
08-02-2011, 03:39 PM
If you weren't such a goddamned idiot, you would realize that one of the many differences between David Lee Roth and the tequila salesman, is that Dave never had the need to boast of his guitar playing skills, and attempt to put himself on the same level as Eddie Van Halen. As opposed to.... oh, let's take this rancid piece of shit, for example....

You wouldn't have thought it was possible to make a cheesy shit song like this worse, but they managed to do it when the Ched Rocker said "Hey Eddie why don't you just play that cheesy synthesizer so we get the full Hallmark card ambience here. I'll play the lead". Which he did. Very badly.

If that piece of crap song had ANY redeeming qualities to begin with, it would have been Eddie's solo on the record, which wasn't bad (though certainly not his best). With an inferior guitarist egotistically wanking away while Ed plinks on the Velveeta keyboards, even that is lost. :sick0020:

I may not recover from that. :(

FORD
08-02-2011, 03:50 PM
I may not recover form that. :(

If you think that's bad, go to that video on YouTube and read all the ridiculous comments from the sheep. It's like a Hagar religious cult over there. :headlights:

hotsummerknight
08-02-2011, 04:19 PM
even i must admit his lead is something awful here. great vocals, though.

Jagermeister
08-02-2011, 04:26 PM

http://daterightway.com/images/rosagina.jpg

Diamondjimi
08-02-2011, 06:41 PM

IP check, please.....

Matt White
08-03-2011, 09:59 AM
IP check, please.....

I'm sure we know where "Heater" is from..............

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/attachments/street-track/28903d1300721435-sick-image-lolly-losail-hillbilly-toilet-copy.jpg

Heater
08-04-2011, 12:07 AM
Funny how if anything negative is said about the throat master general the anti Sammy stuff comes a flyin'. As if to say, "unh-uh, not true, it's hagar that sucks" that point has been made. Often when an observation is made about the exalted hair plugged one (someone did an awesome job on that lid, give 'em a beer ford) it's not being said as a comparison, it's just an observation. But it goes against what you stand for, that Dave is like no other. Better than any of us mere mortals could ever hope to aspire. It angers you to the point of lashing out about another person. the homoerotic undercurrent on this board is astounding. I think CVH is true VH, always have. But I am not enamored with Dave, not in LOVE with him. Some of his schtick, the hopping on his giant mic/penis, the baton twirling, martial arts? OK, guess he qualifies for his pink belt. the insincerity of his sincerity. He has become a parody of himself, he looked uncomfortable up there last tour.
What the fuck is with that stoooopid grin? he never looked like a mouth breather in the past! I never once said Sammy was better or anything, VH ended after 1984 for me. But if you say any anti Dave stuff, you all start with the sheep/cheddar whatever. Having witnessed vh from the beginning, it is sorta sad to watch the mighty fall. And they have, just go ahead and blame Ed and Sam and Al. time marched on and wasn't kind to your leader either, you know it and I think that's why you get so huffy if you read anything that is not in line wit your ongoing fantasy of what Dave is. some people don't want to drink the cool aid and hold Dave up an a pedestal with love in their eyes and lust in their loins. Sorry boys.

Diamondjimi
08-04-2011, 12:36 AM
Heater>>> "Full on Cocktard"

jhale667
08-04-2011, 12:40 AM
OR...

Heater>>> "Full on Fucktard"

hmmm.....also accurate! :baaa:

DlocRoth
08-04-2011, 03:41 AM

Okay so is this the new Montrose record? And who let that poodle into the arena?

Matt White
08-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Funny how if anything negative is said about the throat master general the anti Sammy stuff comes a flyin'... But if you say any anti Dave stuff, you all start with the sheep/cheddar whatever.

Uhhhhhhhh....maybe notice the name of the site you're at Copernicus.....

http://whatwouldmomsay.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/youre-fucking-retarded2.jpg

jhale667
08-04-2011, 10:10 AM
:lmao:

PETE'S BROTHER
08-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Funny how if anything negative is said about the throat master general the anti Sammy stuff comes a flyin'. As if to say, "unh-uh, not true, it's hagar that sucks" that point has been made. Often when an observation is made about the exalted hair plugged one (someone did an awesome job on that lid, give 'em a beer ford) it's not being said as a comparison, it's just an observation. But it goes against what you stand for, that Dave is like no other. Better than any of us mere mortals could ever hope to aspire. It angers you to the point of lashing out about another person. the homoerotic undercurrent on this board is astounding. I think CVH is true VH, always have. But I am not enamored with Dave, not in LOVE with him. Some of his schtick, the hopping on his giant mic/penis, the baton twirling, martial arts? OK, guess he qualifies for his pink belt. the insincerity of his sincerity. He has become a parody of himself, he looked uncomfortable up there last tour.
What the fuck is with that stoooopid grin? he never looked like a mouth breather in the past! I never once said Sammy was better or anything, VH ended after 1984 for me. But if you say any anti Dave stuff, you all start with the sheep/cheddar whatever. Having witnessed vh from the beginning, it is sorta sad to watch the mighty fall. And they have, just go ahead and blame Ed and Sam and Al. time marched on and wasn't kind to your leader either, you know it and I think that's why you get so huffy if you read anything that is not in line wit your ongoing fantasy of what Dave is. some people don't want to drink the cool aid and hold Dave up an a pedestal with love in their eyes and lust in their loins. Sorry,I like boys.

thanks for sharing, bleater.:sheepshagger:

VAiN
08-04-2011, 03:02 PM
I noticed that reading through this thread from the start that the Army was a kinder, gentler place in 2005... Just my observation.

Seshmeister
08-04-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm not so sure, it was definitely a much much less nice back at the start anyway.

FORD
08-05-2011, 03:38 AM
give 'em a beer ford

Sure.... just for you....

http://img3.ranker.com/list_img/1/165413/full/black-sheep-brewery-beer.jpg

Dan
08-05-2011, 03:52 AM
Off To The Sheep Pen I Go

No Shit.:rolleyes:

fifth element
08-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Matt I'd say Dave embellished a lot of shit back then. Liar... well let's just say the truth and what's printed in the old fan magazines weren't always attached at the hip. How many people still believe Ed boiled his strings to get the brown sound..?

I'd rather believe Dave than the garbage we so often see in papers, mags, and on the air...(news)

Have learned from experience that most reporters/ columnists will do ANYTHING/EVERYTHING for a story, except to tell the truth.