PDA

View Full Version : I know of a Iraqi who was killed in a senseless act.

RuzDNailz
10-24-2005, 07:52 PM
I know, I'm very late on this subject but I wanted to get this off
my chest. A few months ago I read about a Canadian-Iraqi who was kidnapped and killed by rebels who broke into his house. As it turned
out, it was a fellow I was aquainted with. Zaid was the kind of guy who worked in a Convenience store here near my area and wanted to build a good life for himself and his future family. He moved back to Iraq
after Saddam was captured so he can fulfill his dreams of owning a business and start a family. Maybe life here in Canada wasn't really what he wanted so he went back hoping that Iraq was a better place to live.

I used to talk with the guy every morning when I bought the Toronto Sun and maybe a coffee or Jolt Cola or Red Bull drink. Zaid was always friendly and he was very good natured. Had a few brothers who still live here. He even told me of his plans to go back to Iraq once Saddam had been toppled so he can start that business of fax machines. 4 months ago I wanted to go back to the store and see if he did make his move. Unfortunately, instead I read about his demise in the paper that day. Poor Zaid had been kidnapped from his house from Iraqi rebels and beaten with guns and had his throat slit and a bullet to the head. Basically because he had success with the business and had money which was stolen. He was a good guy who would talk to anybody like a buddy.

I know this is a depressing thread, but I wanted to get this off my head. When will the violence end?