• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Majority of Americans Reject Theory of Evolution

Majority of Americans Reject Theory of Evolution

Charles Darwin's theory of evolution is most accepted by those respondents who identify themselves as liberal.

NEW YORK (Oct. 23) - Most Americans do not accept the theory of evolution. Instead, 51 percent of Americans say God created humans in their present form, and another three in 10 say that while humans evolved, God guided the process. Just 15 percent say humans evolved, and that God was not involved.

These views are similar to what they were in November 2004 shortly after the presidential election.

This question on the origin of human beings, asked both this month and in November 2004, offered the public three alternatives: 1. Human beings evolved from less advanced life forms over millions of years, and God did not directly guide this process; 2. Human beings evolved from less advanced life forms over millions of years, but God guided this process; or 3. God created human beings in their present form.

The results were not much different between the answers to that question and those given when a specific timeline was included in the final alternative: God created human beings in their present form within the last 10,000 years.

Americans most likely to believe in only evolution are liberals (36 percent), those who rarely or never attend religious services (25 percent), and those with a college degree or higher (24 percent).

White evangelicals (77 percent), weekly churchgoers (74 percent) and conservatives (64 percent), are mostly likely to say God created humans in their present form.

Still, most Americans think it is possible to believe in both God and evolution. Sixty-seven percent say this is possible, while 29 percent disagree. Most demographic groups say it is possible to believe in both God and evolution, but just over half of white evangelical Christians say it is not possible.

Opinions on this question are tied to one’s views on the origin of human beings. Those who believe in evolution, whether guided by God or not, overwhelmingly think it is possible to believe in both God and evolution – 90 percent say this. However, people who believe God created humans in their present form are more divided: 48 percent think it possible to believe in both God and evolution, but the same number disagrees.

This poll was conducted among a nationwide random sample of 808 adults, interviewed by telephone October 3-5, 2005. The error due to sampling for results based on the entire sample could be plus or minus four percentage points.
    Link
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Being undereducated, ignorant, backwards, and regressing to the middle ages is something to be proud of.

Gee, I wonder why the rest of the world is passing us by in the sciences.

BTW, we never landed on the moon, and the world is flat. Those are just theories that cannot be empirically proven.

Comment

• m_dixon1984
      Foot Soldier
      • Aug 2004

You're just going to start a fight, Nickdfresh. So I'll issue a pre-emptive: "Why can't we all just get along"?
      M
      http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by m_dixon1984
        You're just going to start a fight, Nickdfresh. So I'll issue a pre-emptive: "Why can't we all just get along"?
        M
        That's outrageous!!

Me!!??

Start a fight!?!?

Never!!!

Now STFU.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Still, most Americans think it is possible to believe in both God and evolution. Sixty-seven percent say this is possible,

67%, by definition, is not only a majority, but a "super majority". Which means the headline is very misleading.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BigBadBrian
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            Being undereducated, ignorant, backwards, and regressing to the middle ages is something to be proud of.

BTW, we never landed on the moon, and the world is flat. Those are just theories that cannot be empirically proven.

It's typical of a liberal to insult the American public.

I'm not surprised.

I'll bet they sure pander to that same electorate when it comes election time, though.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian

I'm not surprised.

I'll bet they sure pander to that same electorate when it comes election time, though.

No. It's a scientific insult hurled at the prognosticators of stupidity and nihilist superstition; those illegally trying to mask religious 'Creationist' teachings by recreating them as an unprovable, negative euphemistic anti-Evolution "theory."

Why don't you ask your college biology professor what he thinks of "Intelligent Design?"

And I'm not trying to get elected. I'm not a politician wanna'be like you.
              Last edited by Nickdfresh; 10-25-2005, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

So true. And the earth IS flat, y'know....it's those damn LIBERALS trying to convince you otherwise....
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Pink Spider
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                  The American public are fucking morons. Turn on your TV set or radio, look at who they elect, drive in 6 o'clock traffic, "try" to talk to an average person on the street.

It's not elitism, it's reality. They're morons!

Comment

• Pink Spider
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

Alas, I forgot who I was talking to.

Hi, Nick.
                    Hi, FORD.
                    Last edited by Pink Spider; 10-27-2005, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Ooooh they polled 808 people.

808 peeps are hardly representative of "Americans".

For the author of that "article" to claim that " Majority of Americans Reject Theory of Evolution" after polling only 808 people is an act of utter stupidity.

Not only that, insulting 51% of 808 people (412.08 to be exact) is not "Insulting The American Public". For you to make that claim just shows us all you are on drugs.

Or else you forgot to take them.

Brian, this belongs in the Weekly World News, right under a picture of Michael Jackson and his Space Alien Love Child, and right next to a picture of Oral Roberts sucking the cock of a 900-foot tall Jesus.

Last edited by Hardrock69; 10-27-2005, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

wtf?

Double quote edit post....
                        :confused:
                        Last edited by Hardrock69; 10-27-2005, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• UGS
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2005

Did you guys see the episode of Family Guy where the only category below mentally retarded on the IQ results chart was "Creationist"

Hahahaha, that was golden. From Top to bottom: Genius, Normal, Slow, Mentally Retarded, Creationist
                          Keep on Rothing in the Free World

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by UGS
                            Did you guys see the episode of Family Guy where the only category below mentally retarded on the IQ results chart was "Creationist"

Hahahaha, that was golden. From Top to bottom: Genius, Normal, Slow, Mentally Retarded, Creationist

Art imitates life....LOL
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

People who are in polls are the people who are too fucking stupid to keep walking when they see someone with a clipboard in the shopping mall.

Obviously if you poll a bunch of fuckwits quite a lot of them will be creationists...

Comment

Working...