X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DABSR
    Groupie
    • Jun 2005

The "Dynasty" run is over !!!

Hey, I may be from New England, but I'm a life-long Dallas Cowboys fan - have been since Dorsett's rookie season. Wow, I LOVED watching him tear it up !!!

Anyhow, being from n.e. and being a non-patsie-lover, I catch flack all the time. But I'm realistic more than moronic and I told all my friends to enjoy "IT" while it lasts, because "IT" .... their beloved patsie's reign, is over.

They accomplished what only one other team accomplished, (that team being my 'Boys !!!) and that's winning 3 out of 4 years.

But honestly, with the losses they've sustained in their secondary and coaching staff, how can you think they'll 3-peat ???

I mean, let's face it, if the drunk upstairs that runs my team didn't shoot his mouth off and chase the best coach they've had since Sir Landry, that being Jimmy Johnson, are you telling me they wouldn't have won at LEAST 3 in a row ??? It drives me CRAZY !!!!

Anyhow ... I think their run is over and I also think Bruschi's return is a stupid move on his behalf. He has 3 rings, nothing to prove and a family. I think.

just sayin'
  • Rebel
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Feb 2004

It's a bit early to write them off, they've had some huge losses, and it's gonna be an uphill battle. Looking at the division though, they are very fortunate to be in a fairly weak division. If they were in the AFC West, you could pretty much write them off. If they aren't the best team in the division, it's probably Buffalo, and they aren't great either.

All I'm saying is the Pats will still make the playoffs more than likely, and anything can happen at that point. They won't be the fav like last year, but if your in there, anything can happen.

Now my Packers.......you can write them fuckers off
    The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• monkeythe
      Foot Soldier
      • Apr 2004

I don't think Switzer cost them that NFC conference game against the 49ers. It was their year and the Cowboys wouldn't have stopped them regardless of the coach.

Comment

• DABSR
        Groupie
        • Jun 2005

So you'd give credit to Switzer for winning the following year ?!?!?!?

Gotta strongly disagree on both counts. But that's me.

Comment

• monkeythe
          Foot Soldier
          • Apr 2004

I'm not giving Switzer credit for the next year. I'm saying you could have cloned the best parts of Shula, Lombardi, & Bill Walsh to create supercoach and supercoach would have lost to the niners that year.

Comment

• redblkwht
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Man id like to NOT see NE
            in the big dance this year..
            change is good.
            My SB picks are as follows..

AFC:Colts finally

NFC:Washington

EUAS

Comment