PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Dave's Radio Ratings Bonanza!

fryingdutchman
10-26-2005, 04:57 AM
OK....so it's official.

All of the speculation and rumors can be laid to rest.

Diamond Dave is, for better or worse, going to be on syndicated radio.

While I don't agree that this move is ultimately good for Dave, I wish him all the best for a successful run.

Now...down to business. Sounds like Dave's show will be primarily talk. Which means, of course, having GUESTS in the studio.

Any ideas on who his first guest should be?

He could blow the lid off of this whole thing and come in with a HUGE bang by booking one person in particular.

Edward Van Halen.

Why not? If Dave's rock star life is truly over in light of his radio gig, as so many seem to believe, then why couldn't he approach a dialogue with EVH from a different angle?

THAT is an interview that I would skip work to stay home and listen to.

If anyone else has already floated this in another thread, then sorry for creating a whole new thread about it.

Thoughts?

Golden AWe
10-26-2005, 05:42 AM
Calling EVH would be very cool...it would be Dave picking up the phone.

Millermoos
10-26-2005, 05:59 AM
I don't think he will call Ed. Dream on.
Millermoos

fryingdutchman
10-26-2005, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Millermoos
Millermoos

That's the beauty thing about big time syndicated radio.

DLR can have some lowly producer make the call. If Eddie balks, then it's no harm, no foul.

I don't think Dave would personally place the call, unless he wants to pull a Stern-style attack to embarrass Eddie on the air.

Who knows? It's amazing the lengths some will go to for ratings...

Millermoos
10-26-2005, 07:13 AM
Hi Fryingduchman,
what does it mean syndicated radio? Can you explain it to me.
Thanks I don't think we have syndicated radios here in England.
Millermoos

fryingdutchman
10-26-2005, 07:26 AM
Hi Fryingduchman,
what does it mean syndicated radio? Can you explain it to me.
Thanks I don't think we have syndicated radios here in England.
Millermoos

Hey Millermoos:

Basically, it just means that DLR will be based in one city...which in this case is New York.

But his show will be picked up and broadcast by other radio stations in different cities throughout the USA.

In markets that are in the same time zone as NYC, it will be simulcast live.

In markets outside the Eastern time zone, it will be tape delayed.

Cool? Roth on!

Golden AWe
10-26-2005, 08:00 AM
Millermoos

"DREAM ON?"

sounds like something hagar would write...argh.

franksters
10-26-2005, 08:03 AM
I think Dave will let the vh thing aside, and he should... just let the sisters envy him, they could never re-invent themselves like he does all the time, I mean even Ed music can't do it and he is talented...

now should be forgotten.

I suspect Dave show will be political with flashes of nonsense to cool of the subjects, and I know for a fact that he will be blunt...

Calderone
10-26-2005, 11:02 AM
I think Dave will call Ed someday !

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 11:38 AM
He already has...

bantonelli
10-26-2005, 03:55 PM
Besides having the "Dream" guest of EVH or AVH.............I'd like him to have TED TEMPLEMAN and as they would joke around and reminise, TED would offer to produce a new album for old times sake and says he'll get the VH Bros. to be a part of it, if Dave comes on board....

..and the rest would be VAN ROTH HISTORY!

jhale667
10-26-2005, 06:52 PM
....Would make for some interesting radio.

ULTRAMAN VH
10-27-2005, 06:19 AM
EVH as a guest, would be a powerful ratings booster. Unfortunatley, actions speak louder than words and the VH sisters have made it real clear that The Diamond One is not in their future. And dutchman you will be hearing from my attorney.

fryingdutchman
10-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
EVH as a guest, would be a powerful ratings booster. Unfortunatley, actions speak louder than words and the VH sisters have made it real clear that The Diamond One is not in their future. And dutchman you will be hearing from my attorney.

:D