PDA

View Full Version : Well I sayyyyy~

Carmine
10-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Its amazing to me the amount of shit that David Lee Roth takes at a website dedicated to him. I for one couldnt be happier that Dave got the radio gig replacing Howard Stern. He will be on the air every day for 4 hours on a syndicated show. Its something, and its Dave. Sure I'd like a new album too, but this will be something new, every single morning. It gives us, HIS FANS, the oppotunity to listen, to call in, to ask questions, whatever.

If he put out a new album and only 50,000 people bought it...he'd get ripped on for poor sales. We have been talking about how nice it would be too see Dave regain the prominence he once had, hey, this could lead anywhere, who knows?

I would like to point out the one peice of media coverage on this that stood out to me last night.

On CNN...they spoke of Dave replacing Howard and said that "Diamond David Lee Roth, the ORIGINAL frontman for Van Halen would be taking over the eastern markets in January" Roth, the charismatic,multi-talented rocker, has done just about everything anyone could want to do. From leading Van Halen to ICONIC levels to a blistering solo career to best selling author to volunteer EMT work in NYC to now... radio personality.

I'm psyched for this and I'm psyched for Dave. If anything, its just another case of Dave doing what he wants to do and I'd say that after 30 years...he's done pretty fuckin good so far.

Good luck, Diamond Dave..

Roth on~

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 07:59 PM
~Nice!~

:elvis:

Dave's PA Rental
10-26-2005, 08:02 PM
amen brotha.

guwapo_rocker
10-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Absofuckinglutely brother Carmine!!!!

Jérôme Frenchise
10-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Yeah amen to this, Carmine, and good luck to good Dave!

bantonelli
10-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Well, think about this too........I was watching the "Hot for Teacher" Video last night and at the end of it, it shows each of them and what they became (Al, the gynocologist, Ed, in Bellevue State Hospital, Dave, TV Game Host).......

Made me think......Dave is no lazy slouch, regardless of what the Brothers are up to these days....Dave is exactly how he explains himself to be in his book "Crazy from The Heat". He'll always be doing something new, innovative and using his creative juices....

You will NEVER see Dave at the back page of People Magazine where they have a picture of a "has been" actor/singer titled
"WHERE IS HE NOW??"

Carmine
10-26-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
Well, think about this too........I was watching the "Hot for Teacher" Video last night and at the end of it, it shows each of them and what they became (Al, the gynocologist, Ed, in Bellevue State Hospital, Dave, TV Game Host).......

Made me think......Dave is no lazy slouch, regardless of what the Brothers are up to these days....Dave is exactly how he explains himself to be in his book "Crazy from The Heat". He'll always be doing something new, innovative and using his creative juices....

You will NEVER see Dave at the back page of People Magazine where they have a picture of a "has been" actor/singer titled
"WHERE IS HE NOW??"

Right on!!

and what I meant to point out in my post above was how they referred to Dave as the ORIGINAL frontman for Van Halen...not the "former" frontman...I thought that was cool~

bantonelli
10-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
Right on!!

and what I meant to point out in my post above was how they referred to Dave as the ORIGINAL frontman for Van Halen...not the "former" frontman...I thought that was cool~

RAGU MAN - Right ON! I was happy and proud that CNN respected Dave as being the "ORIGINAL" - that was way cool.......sounds to me like someone over there in CNN Land is a FAN ! :)

What did piss me off is a friend of mine sent me an article posted yesterday on E! Online website where they describe Dave as the "Ex-Rocker" - He may be the former Frontman of VH in some journalists' interpretation, but don't describe him as "EX-ROCKER" - He's Still ROCKIN the FREE WORLD !!! :mad:

Carmine
10-26-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
RAGU MAN - Right ON! I was happy and proud that CNN respected Dave as being the "ORIGINAL" - that was way cool.......sounds to me like someone over there in CNN Land is a FAN ! :)

What did piss me off is a friend of mine sent me an article posted yesterday on E! Online website where they describe Dave as the "Ex-Rocker" - He may be the former Frontman of VH in some journalists' interpretation, but don't describe him as "EX-ROCKER" - He's Still ROCKIN the FREE WORLD !!! :mad:

E! Channel....

has a contract with Stern...of course they're gonna dog him.

Which is why I reported the CNN story...;)

Mr. Vengeance
10-26-2005, 08:39 PM
You know it Carmine! People shouldn't be talkng shit about DLR!

I do think he'll have a tough time filling in the shoes of Howard, but he certainly is a guy who can do it, if it's possible.

moose
10-26-2005, 09:11 PM
I for one am pissed at this.....................

cause we can't listen to the TMG here in the Big Smoke!!!

FUCK FUCK FUCK!

MAX
10-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Viva Roth!!!

Nickdfresh
10-26-2005, 09:42 PM
I don't want him on the radio unless he's singin'....

I don't care what anyone says, I'll give ROTH shit if I want too, and I want him to make music...

That being said, if he's on in my market, I will surely listen.

Somewhere, TED NUGENT is insane with rage....:D

Carmine
10-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

if he's on in my market, I will surely listen.

You should be able to pull in the Rochester station? I can get here in Cuse.

Nickdfresh
10-26-2005, 10:01 PM
You should be able to pull in the Rochester station? I can get here in Cuse.

Not really...

We're blanketed with Canadian stations here as well, it's difficult to pull anything in from Roch'cha...

I have a feeling that he'll end up here on JACK(off) FM though...

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Somewhere, TED NUGENT is insane with rage....:D

Hahaha...

:elvis:

Molly Blue
10-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Its amazing to me the amount of shit that David Lee Roth takes at a website dedicated to him. I for one couldnt be happier that Dave got the radio gig replacing Howard Stern.

I'm psyched for this and I'm psyched for Dave. If anything, its just another case of Dave doing what he wants to do and I'd say that after 30 years...he's done pretty fuckin good so far.

Roth on~

Why yes, Brother Carmine.... why yes...

diamondsgirl
10-26-2005, 10:32 PM
I love hearing Dave talk and think it will be very cool to hear him on the other side of the mic....I am so looking forward to this. :)

I love hearing whats going on in his head. :cool:

Nice post, Carmine

lms2
10-26-2005, 10:34 PM
Yep.

MAX
10-26-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
Nice post, Carmine

Kiss ass. :p

canadiandlrgirl
10-26-2005, 10:41 PM
I love hearing Dave talk and think it will be very cool to hear him on the other side of the mic....I am so looking forward to this. :)

I love hearing whats going on in his head. :cool:

Nice post, Carmine
i think Dave has a sexy voice when he talks:p
hell the guy is just sexy all the way around!
by the way DG did i mention i luv yer avatar;)

MAX
10-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by lms2
Yep.

Fuck off you stale cabbage, rotten egg beast!!! :mad:

canadiandlrgirl
10-26-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Fuck off stale cabbage, rotten egg!!! :mad:
my aren't we crabby tonite:p
Hi Max:)

MAX
10-26-2005, 10:46 PM
Hi CG. :)

Speaking of crabs, did lms just drop it's drawers? :uck:

Maxine
10-26-2005, 10:50 PM
Hey Max... get a fucking life.

MAX
10-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Maxine
Hey Max... get a fucking life.

Well, Lookie heeya!!!

Tis' lms again?

Nice to know you paid the elektrik bill this month.

canadiandlrgirl
10-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Hi CG. :)

Speaking of crabs, did lms just drop it's drawers? :uck:
there shall be no fighting in Carmines thread:D
play nice now;)

Maxine
10-26-2005, 10:55 PM
Its amazing to me the amount of shit that David Lee Roth takes at a website dedicated to him. I for one couldnt be happier that Dave got the radio gig replacing Howard Stern. He will be on the air every day for 4 hours on a syndicated show. Its something, and its Dave. Sure I'd like a new album too, but this will be something new, every single morning. It gives us, HIS FANS, the oppotunity to listen, to call in, to ask questions, whatever.

If he put out a new album and only 50,000 people bought it...he'd get ripped on for poor sales. We have been talking about how nice it would be too see Dave regain the prominence he once had, hey, this could lead anywhere, who knows?

I would like to point out the one peice of media coverage on this that stood out to me last night.

On CNN...they spoke of Dave replacing Howard and said that "Diamond David Lee Roth, the ORIGINAL frontman for Van Halen would be taking over the eastern markets in January" Roth, the charismatic,multi-talented rocker, has done just about everything anyone could want to do. From leading Van Halen to ICONIC levels to a blistering solo career to best selling author to volunteer EMT work in NYC to now... radio personality.

Roth on~

MAX
10-26-2005, 10:57 PM
Hey lms,

We AL-FUCKING-READY read that you idiot!!!

Why quote it and post it yet again?

Maxine
10-26-2005, 10:59 PM

rustoffa
10-26-2005, 11:00 PM
The main show here (drive time) is The Regular Guys. They used to be out in LA...pretty fucking funny. They're bigtime buddies' with Corolla and Kimmel. It's weird....they haven't said anything about the whole thing.

Probably Clear Channel stifling it or something.

canadiandlrgirl
Originally posted by MAX
Hey lms,

We AL-FUCKING-READY read that you idiot!!!

Why quote it and post it yet again?
that's what i'm trying 2 figure out:confused:
great thread by the way Carm;)

MAX
Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
there shall be no fighting in Carmines thread:D
play nice now;)

Huh?

What's this "It's a Carmine thread?" MA-MA... *sucking pacifier* :confused:

Does that mean we treat the thread like an angel food cupcake with pink frosting and rainbow sprinkles?

Not dissin' at all but WTF?!?!?!?!?

This is THE MIGHTY ROTHARMY!!!

Sorry, (actually, I'm not) but brawlin' tis' what I was born for. :)

MAX
10-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Substitute the end of "Top Jimmy" for...

"Ohhhhhh Carrrmie..."

C'Mon folks, gimme a break?

The man's a beyond well liked poster by many but let's shut up with the ass kissing now. :rolleyes:

canadiandlrgirl
10-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Huh?

What's this "It's a Carmine thread?" MA-MA... *sucking pacifier* :confused:

Does that mean we treat the thread like an angel food cupcake with pink frosting and rainbow sprinkles?

Not dissin' at all but WTF?!?!?!?!?

This is THE MIGHTY ROTHARMY!!!

Sorry, (actually, I'm not) but brawlin' tis' what I was born for. :)
LMAO...i guess yer right!
what was i thinking:confused:
continue...:D

canadiandlrgirl
10-26-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Substitute the end of "Top Jimmy" for...

"Ohhhhhh Carrrmie..."

C'Mon folks, gimme a break?

The man's a beyond well liked poster by many but let's shut up with the ass kissing now. :rolleyes:
hey i don't kiss ass...
i kick it:p

MAX
10-26-2005, 11:05 PM
LMAO...i guess yer right!
what was i thinking:confused:
continue...:D

Now you're talkin'!!! :cool:

Gimme FIVE!!!

Up High!!!

Down Low!!! ;)

:)

Maxine
10-26-2005, 11:06 PM

Roth on~

MAX
10-26-2005, 11:06 PM
hey i don't kiss ass...
i kick it:p

Well, it is a rather large ass. lol. ;) :p

MAX
10-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Maxine

Shut the fuck up you old bag.

canadiandlrgirl
10-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Well, it is a rather large ass. lol. ;) :p
:confused: :confused:

canadiandlrgirl
10-26-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Now you're talkin'!!! :cool:

Gimme FIVE!!!

Up High!!!

Down Low!!! ;)

:)
:D

MAX
10-26-2005, 11:47 PM
:confused: :confused:

Not you!!! :o

Carmine's a hefty fella was all I'm sayin'. ;)

Nothin' wrong with that.

Anyhoo, heeyas an idea for anyone who wants to get rich quick. :)

Although I don't have any pics of lms handy, they're out there. Make a costume or a mask and tis' 100% guaranteed to scare the living shit out of anyone!!!

*ROAR!!!*

canadiandlrgirl
10-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Not you!!! :o

Carmine's a hefty fella was all I'm sayin'. ;)

Nothin' wrong with that.

Anyhoo, heeyas an idea for anyone who wants to get rich quick. :)

Although I don't have any pics of lms handy, they're out there. Make a costume or a mask and tis' 100% guaranteed to scare the living shit out of anyone!!!

*ROAR!!!*
i happen 2 like men that are a little hefty;)
scrawny guys are concidered a turn off for me!

ELVIS
10-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Is this bullshit gay, or what ??

diamondsgirl
10-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Kiss ass. :p

I'm gonna bite YO ass! :D

CROWBAR
10-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Well I say, I think I say...

this thread is strange. Kinda like an acid flashback strange

but, that's just me:D

Carmine
10-27-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by CROWBAR
Well I say, I think I say...

this thread is strange. Kinda like an acid flashback strange

but, that's just me:D

Its typical these days when I start a thread...

or get mentioned in one...

:rolleyes:

MAX
10-27-2005, 04:14 PM
I'm gonna bite YO ass! :D

MmmmmmYessssss... Wont letcha pass...

Woo!!!

Ah, precious sweetheart
Woman, all you want is good as it can get. Ah yeah!!!
Blind inspiration
Girl, you're sensational and this gets better yet. Ah yeah!!!

:D

jhale667
10-27-2005, 05:34 PM
Its typical these days when I start a thread...

or get mentioned in one...

:rolleyes:

What up, Ragu?:D

Terry
10-27-2005, 05:48 PM

Roth on~

Ragu, layin' it down and preaching the truth.

Sweet.

MUSICMAN64
10-27-2005, 10:13 PM
It seems like the natural place for him to be, and I bet he'll do really well, as long as people are not expecting a Stern clone. Good luck Dave.