PDA

View Full Version : Whats all this lying around shit....

SilvioDante
03-28-2004, 07:25 AM
Bluto: Whats all this lying around shit??
D-Day: War's over, man. Eddie dropped the big one.
Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the going gets tough . . . the tough get going. Who's with me? Let's Go! Come on!

Bluto: "What the fuck happened the the DLR Army I use to know?? Where's the spirt. Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. Oh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto. We might get in trouble."Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me. I'm not gonna take this! Sammy, he's a dead man! Alex, dead! Eddie . . .

Otter: Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons. But that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

Now, I don't know about you, but I am going to every Van FAGar board I can find and I am gonna be the biggest dickhead they've seen!!!

RufusTFirefly
03-28-2004, 08:14 AM
No no, he's right, but we need something bigger than spamming other message boards. The opinions there will never change, we need to reach the man in the street, the floating voter, 'cos he's the guy that's gonna be inadvertantly lining Van Hagar's pocket's 'cos they don't know any better.

Maybe we could all chip in and take out a full page spoof advert in a national paper or something? Or sabotage the tour somehow...

RufusTFirefly
03-28-2004, 08:16 AM
http://digilander.libero.it/cianchetta/setta/senatore%20blutarsky.jpg

OUR LEADER.

Coyote
03-28-2004, 08:55 AM
Toga! Toga!

Sarge
03-28-2004, 09:28 AM
There has to be something we can do to protest.

THis is a national disaster for christ sakes!

ThrillsNSpills
03-28-2004, 09:28 AM
If someone at another site thinks Love Walks In is better than Romeo Delight or Fools then let them have their elevator jams.

You just can't turn the lights on in some cases.

If hitting other sites and being a dick would reunite the classic lineup I'd be all over it.

Who gets excited over Right Now or Finish What you Started (sounds like John Cougar) ?

None of it comes close to Simple Rhyme or Light Up the Sky.

Van Hagar reminds me of taking light beer and putting water in it.

Ed went from every track being a classic to maybe 1 or 2 tracks having potential if Roth was singing (talking per album)

I'm done now have a great day. We still have the old catalog and boots.

Lightning struck once in VH camp and it was good. very

SilvioDante
03-28-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills

Who gets excited over Right Now or Finish What you Started (sounds like John Cougar) ?

Why did you have to put down John Mellencamp like that. His stuff is way better than that flaming turd of a song.

ThrillsNSpills
03-29-2004, 06:12 PM
My point was they were following formulas instead of doing the kind of driving material that they pioneered in the 70's.

Big Troubles
03-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Its just called catering to a whole new generation. The kiddies out there that bug their parents for money to go see the show and buy the crappy t shirt. Its a shame that times have changed the way they did. This is whats in I guess? This is what sells. Fuck Van Halen. They are doing for coin, not for fans. That is as simple as it gets. If they were doing this for fans, they'd be doing one last world wide tour with dave.

tjvhou812
03-29-2004, 06:18 PM
i think everybody forgot dave put out crazy from the heat....
get off vh dick.
if dave was in the band you wouldnt be talkin any shit about them

DavidLeeWrath
03-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
[Now, I don't know about you, but I am going to every Van FAGar board I can find and I am gonna be the biggest dickhead they've seen!!! [/B]

Got nothing better to do, eh? LOL

ThrillsNSpills
03-29-2004, 06:21 PM
I didn't say that.

Big Troubles
03-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
i think everybody forgot dave put out crazy from the heat....
get off vh dick.
if dave was in the band you wouldnt be talkin any shit about them

First off, what does Crazy from the Heat have to do with anything? It was a good seller for an EP. Dvae was itching to do some tunes all the while the band had there thumbs in their asses or seeking help at the local rehab. Dave works. Peri-fucking-id.

And of course it would be great to see Dave back in the band, But Im one of those that think this is a blessing. Van Halen is not going to be the media pet that the band hopes it to be. Thats why theres no "hooplah" over it. Dave should distance himself away from this as far as possible. And when the band is finally ready to make some good music again, they will have Dave's number. Mark my words. This tour will flop in comparison to what Dave could bring to the table. But instead Stubborn Ed, and brother Alice have been keeping their heads so far up Sams ass, they know what he eats for breakfast. Thats a mistake, and all will show in due time.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-29-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by RufusTFirefly
No no, he's right, but we need something bigger than spamming other message boards. The opinions there will never change, we need to reach the man in the street, the floating voter, 'cos he's the guy that's gonna be inadvertantly lining Van Hagar's pocket's 'cos they don't know any better.

Maybe we could all chip in and take out a full page spoof advert in a national paper or something? Or sabotage the tour somehow...

Well, there's always the tour reviews on music websites....

But that's not going to be necessary, they're gonna get lousy reviews all on their own....

pete
03-29-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
There has to be something we can do to protest.

THis is a national disaster for christ sakes!

Pay to see Roth and Boycott VH.

What I read didn't seem like this was a permanent reunion. And If we gotta wait another 4 years for it, I'd rather not see it.

If it was gonna happen, now, to me, seems like the last chance.

Big Troubles
03-29-2004, 08:57 PM
No, Im under the belief that this year is for Sam with a BOV2. They will tour for the year, and next year maybe, just maybe they are saving the best for last? One final tour with unreleased album with some of those demos...? I just thought it was odd that the band said they weren't gonna do any Roth songs? Why not? Perhaps they are gonna do Roth songs next year!

Va Beach VH Fan
03-29-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
I just thought it was odd that the band said they weren't gonna do any Roth songs? Why not? Perhaps they are gonna do Roth songs next year!

Did that actually come from the band, or from a music website ???

Big Troubles
03-29-2004, 11:10 PM
I think it was a Sammy quote from the Howard Stern show wasn't?

alexpgrimes
03-29-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by RufusTFirefly
http://digilander.libero.it/cianchetta/setta/senatore%20blutarsky.jpg

OUR LEADER. Ok so where's Otis Day and the Nights??? :D