Will Dave ever tour again?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeVanHln

Will Dave ever tour again?

According to the interview on Stern, Dave signed a FOUR MILLION dollar deal. Now, If Dave has to get up at 4:00 every morning for the show, and it's basically a year round gig except for some minor vacation time, will he ever do a show again? IMO, it looks like Dave has said goodbye to that part of his life and is moving on. I will miss the live shows...
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Good question...

Who knows what he'll have up his sleave...

I can't imagine he signed a contract that doesn't allow for him to do some shows...

and of course...he's got some free pub and marketing now...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• MikeVanHln

He's been doing the music thing since he's been a teenager. How he could just walk away cold turkey is very hard to believe. But, if he's gonna do a show in the future, he's gonna be rusty cause his whole life is the radio show now. How the Hell is he going to have time to rehearse?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Weirder things have happened...

I don't think it will be a problem...and with the Dave has toured in the past...it may fit his schedule...

And you know he has something in his contract to cover the what if potential...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

I doubt they rehearse much...

Comment

• scorpioboy33
            Commando
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            I doubt they rehearse much...
            Me as well.

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
              Full Member Status

• May 2005

Re: Will Dave ever tour again?

Originally posted by MikeVanHln
              According to the interview on Stern, Dave signed a FOUR MILLION dollar deal. Now, If Dave has to get up at 4:00 every morning for the show, and it's basically a year round gig except for some minor vacation time, will he ever do a show again? IMO, it looks like Dave has said goodbye to that part of his life and is moving on. I will miss the live shows...
              he can't call it quits 'till i get 2 see him live

Comment

• Intruder

I plan on seeing him on the 25th, he better not cancel !

Comment

• jero
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

I think Dave will never stop playing gigs, or at least I hope so

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I don't think Dave has completely left the stage.

The stage is where 'Diamond Dave' was born.

He knows that.

The radio thing is just another chapter in the adventures of Mr. Roth!
                    =V V=
                    ole No.1 The finest
                    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• franksters
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

he will never stop, the only difference now is that with 4 million us in the back pocket...

he can produce a gr8 album as usuals but with excellent techn producer ect...

and he is a high roller again!
                      SUMMER'S JUST
                      AROUND
                      THE CORNER!

[IMG]
                      http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Dave has rock in him and he'll never completly leave the stage.

I'm sure that he'll play shows here and there while he's on the radio. I also think that this radio gig won't be forever. He'll eventually be back on the road.

I'll bet that he has an out in his contract IN CASE VH reunites. I'll guarantee it!
                        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

dave's new touring routine...

show starts at 8 pm, dave is off stage around 10 pm, enters a strip bar at 10:30 pm, leaves and fucks some hot chick around midnight, has a fresh line at 2 am on his way to the airplane that brings him back to the studio for the radio-show at 4 am...no big thing for diamond dave...
                          Roth Army Icon
                          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• thome
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Mar 2005

Re: Re: Will Dave ever tour again?

Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
                            he can't call it quits 'till i get 2 see him live
                            Put some Gas in the car and buy a couple tickets while still available.

Roth On! its that simple and this falls tour may be the last in a while.

Dec, he will probably be resting and Cramming for the new Gig .

Practice, Practice, Practice,....Baby caus its Showtime!

Of course all this has no meaning if ya live a jillion miles away.

Unless your a jillionair then is jus a matter of Timing.

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
                              Full Member Status

• May 2005

Re: Re: Re: Will Dave ever tour again?

Originally posted by thome
                              Put some Gas in the car and buy a couple tickets while still available.

Roth On! its that simple and this falls tour may be the last in a while.

Dec, he will probably be resting and Cramming for the new Gig .

Practice, Practice, Practice,....Baby caus its Showtime!

Of course all this has no meaning if ya live a jillion miles away.

Unless your a jillionair then is jus a matter of Timing.
                              I guess i'm screwed than...i live in Alberta, Canada!

Comment

Working...