PDA

View Full Version : Last night I "converted" a pal to CVH...

Jérôme Frenchise
10-29-2005, 09:27 AM
Three friends of mine and I went mountain hiking yesterday (a diff. in alt. of 1,5 km), then went to a concert in a pub (an AC/DC tribute band), then at 1:30 am I suggested to wind up in my flat to carry on boozing and partying.
Our girl friend was OK too, so we eventually wound up in my home, opened a series of beers, I played "Eat 'em and smile" and, as one of our mates seemed to dig it, so then I played Van Halen "I"... He couldn't believe CVH were the authors of "Ain't talking 'bout love" (he thought it was the creation of some trip-hop band :rolleyes: ), asked me to play it again twice.
I played the "Jump", "Panama" and "Hot for teacher" videos, and our mate went "Damn, so this is Van Halen?" Was very impressed, but how normal... ;)
Then I played "VH II", and the pal was definitely hooked. He asked me: "Is it the best album?", I answered "I always think so when I play it, just like nearly all of the other 5 when I play them, but you can consider it is the best one, why not..."
Our girl friend being pretty tired after a couple of hours (she knew about CVH as I'd already got her into it before), they had to go. But that pal of mine was determined to buy VH II asap...
Probably another new "adept". :cool:

The dude, who is 26 years old, didn't know about CVH... He knows AC/DC's stuff rather well, but how amazing that one can miss the sole existence of the ultimate band...
It's just some other proof that:
1) when they get the chance to taste it, good ears can but recognize CVH as the unrivalled group it used to be, and it still is;
2) the levelling of contemporary music unfortunately lessens and misguides most people's judgement, but when confronted with excellence they can realize what real great music is;
3) it's always a great pleasure to open someone's eyes and ears to the real deal. :)

Millermoos
10-29-2005, 09:45 AM
yes I agree a friend of mine said the same thing when he heard for the first time VH.On the radio over here they are always playing always new bands of the same type of music which in one way it's good cos they are promoting young bands but on the other hand we don't get to hear anymore of the old groups which is sad.
millermoos