PDA

View Full Version : sammy hagar should thank david lee roth everytime he wakes up in the morning

Sammy Who??
10-29-2005, 11:20 AM
That\'s right.

Every morning when Sammy Hagar rolls his fat ass out of the fart sack, he should first look up and thank God, and then he should look up again, and thank David Lee Roth, the rock and roll God. If it weren\'t for David Lee Roth, Sammy Hagar wouldn\'t have all he has today. He wouldn\'t have Cabo. He wouldn\'t have that crappy tequila. He wouldn\'t have the multiple houses. He wouldn\'t have the sports cars. He wouldn\'t have a wife half his age. He wouldn\'t have ANYTHING.

Let\'s analyze this theory a little more closely.

In 1979, when David Lee Roth and Van HALEN were embarking on their first headlining WORLD TOUR, Sammy was opening for Boston in support of his hit album, \"Street Machine\". Oh wait, did I say hit album? Does anybody even remember this album? Do any of you so called Sammy/Van Hagar fans remember this slab of vinyl? Has it sold more than 50,000, to this day?

Let\'s move on to 1980. Van HALEN once again embarks on a headlining WORLD TOUR, in support of the highly successful \"Women and Children First\" album. Sammy releases the album \"Danger Zone\". Wow, now that\'s another memorable release from the self proclaimed \"Red Rocker\". Oh wait, there\'s more. In 1980 Sammy also released two other albums. (Compilations I might add) \"Turn up the Music\", and \"Red Hot-Live\". Both of the compilations, along with \"Danger Zone\", did about NOTHING to further Sammy\'s career. In fact, I\'ll check into it further, but I highly doubt all three of these pieces of crap together, sold half as much as \"Women and Children First\". Sammy was really setting the music business on it\'s ear now.

1981. Van HALEN releases the GREAT \"Fair Warning\" album, and once again embarks on a WORLD TOUR. By now, Van HALEN are the kings of rock and roll. And the biggest and baddest live band in the world. NOBODY can stack up to these guys at this point. So, what\'s Sammy doing about this time? He\'s releasing \"Standing Hampton\". His most successful endeavor yet. He\'s still not in the same league as Van HALEN, but he did have moderate success with this album.

1982. Van HALEN has now been touring basically non-stop since 1978. They are the biggest band in the world. Confirmation of this fact comes in the form of an invitation to HEADLINE the US Festival, for a record 1.5 MILLION dollars. Was Sammy Hagar even invited to this gig? Oh yeah, and Van HALEN also released the hit album \"Diver Down\" during this period. What was Sammy doing in 1982? Well, he released \"Three Lock Box\", and ANOTHER compilation album, \"Rematch and More\". \"Three Lock Box\" had very limited success. Sam is still NOT a rock star.

1984. After more than 5 years of constant touring, and selling millions and millions of albums, Van HALEN releases 1984. The album that would cement them into the history books. How could Van HALEN be anymore successful than they had been previously? Well, they were. This album spread like wild fire. And, as they had done previously, they embarked on a MASSIVE tour in support of this great album. What was Sam doing in 1984? He released his most critically acclaimed album to date, \"VOA\". The single \"I Can\'t Drive 55\" was in heavy rotation on radio stations across the country. Sammy even did a fairly decent sized tour in support of this album. He also had some good success hooking up with Neil Schon for the HSAS album, \"Through the Fire\". None of this of course, came close to the kind of success David Lee Roth and Van HALEN were experiencing, but Sam can at least claim to have an audience now.

This brings us to 1985, and the very reason why Sammy Hagar should thank David Lee Roth every morning when he gets up. Dave decides to leave Van Halen in 1985, and Sammy Hagar is chosen as his replacement. (By an auto mechanic) If Dave had not left the band, and opened the door for Sammy Hagar, Sammy wouldn\'t be able to afford to release the crappy albums he is releasing today. If Diamond Dave hadn\'t left Van Halen, Sammy Hagar would not have all that he has today. He OWES David Lee Roth for saving his career. Sammy Hagar never had the kind of success he had with Van Hagar, before Van Hagar, and he hasn\'t had that kind of success since. Sammy plain and simple, rode David Lee Roth\'s coattails to new heights. Dave extended Sammy\'s career by a lot of years.

While we are on the subject of Sammy, for someone who hates \"Best Of\" albums, he sure has released a lot of them. I can count at least 5 compilation/Best Of, type albums Sammy has released. Wasn\'t he the guy that left Van Hagar because he didn\'t believe in Best Of albums? This is a guy that obviously has a distorted vision of reality.

The cold hard facts are this, David Lee Roth is a ROCKSTAR! Sammy is once again riding on Dave\'s coattails

Rikk
10-29-2005, 11:26 AM
Damn straight. Dave paved the fat man's career the entire way. Sammy is a joke as it is...but imagine how much more of a joke he would be were it not for Dave building up an incredible band and then letting Sam take the money ride for ten years.

Wonder Twins
10-29-2005, 11:31 AM
Hey I cant argue with anything that you just told us. Howvere, his tequilla is quite good. I will give that too him.

bueno bob
10-29-2005, 12:09 PM
I just have to say that \ annoys the Grate Bueno Bob.

That is all.

vheddyrmv8
10-29-2005, 12:17 PM
5 star post right there, very true.

Dirty Duck
10-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Excellent point....why do you think the guy is so bitter? Sammy has to go to bed every night and wake up every day knowing that he wouldnt be doing jack shit right now If Dave never left. Montrose was the only band that gave him credibility...and he blew that one too cause he wanted to be a solo artist. And as a solo artist...rock crap. "Can't drive 55" is a pop disaster. "Eagles fly"..boooring "Give to live"...christ. His songs are just flat out boring. Thanks SAMMYWHO? for a great thread and a wakeup call to sammy fans who really think that sammy saved van halen.

thome
10-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Excellent post,

Sam was brought into a cash cow that had record companies fighting
over it and benefitted immensley.
Sam bought a liquor distillery that was already established and has benefitted from it, you can't blame the guy for knowing what Buiz to
buy into but it is evident that his Talent does not lay in the creation
of anything that is successful.
He's just smart enough to become partners in someone elses Dream.
There are fortunes to be made in this style of buiz. However, he should always be viewed as a outside partner.

vestan-pance
10-30-2005, 09:36 AM
God put smmy hagar on this earth for a joke, the thing is he didn't realize how long the fuckin' joke would last....

vestan-pance
10-30-2005, 11:43 AM
?

vestan-pance
....& gary cherone just wasn't funny at all!!!

vestan-pance
....& gary cherone just wasn't funny at all!!!

FORD
10-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Here's an example Sammy might consider, from another singer in a similar position to his, former "Misfits" singer Michale Graves.....

Many fans of Graves' old gig with the Misfits showed up for the show, some with painted faces of their logo, a "crimson ghost."

But Graves has changed his style since he led the Misfits after punk pioneer Glenn Danzig left the group.

"It would be an honor to spend five minutes with Glenn Danzig so I could thank him," Graves said.

Graves does not plan on working under the title Misfits ever again.

"I just don't, because at this point I would feel like I was robbing people under that name," Graves said.

Now I am no fan of Michale Graves. His "Misfits" albums were every bit as horrible as Van Hagar's cheese ballads. And he's a Busheep neocon asshole besides. But I do respect the fact that Graves acknowledges that he would have never had the opportunity, had Glenn Danzig not built the legendary punk rock band that the Misfits were.

Sammy Hagar HAD the opportunity to thank David Lee Roth personally for the best job he ever had in his miserable life, but instead used the media attention from that opportunity (the 2002 tour specifically, as well as last year's tour) to bash DLR endlessly.

You could learn a lesson from an idiot who paints a skull on his face, Spammy :mad:

rustoffa
10-30-2005, 07:26 PM
The only thing he's thankful for is elastic waistbands....on capri pants!

scottydabodi
10-30-2005, 09:30 PM
5 stars to SAMMYWHO??!!!! You rock Brutha!!

bueno bob
10-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Here's an example Sammy might consider, from another singer in a similar position to his, former "Misfits" singer Michale Graves.....

Now I am no fan of Michale Graves. His "Misfits" albums were every bit as horrible as Van Hagar's cheese ballads. And he's a Busheep neocon asshole besides. But I do respect the fact that Graves acknowledges that he would have never had the opportunity, had Glenn Danzig not built the legendary punk rock band that the Misfits were.

Sammy Hagar HAD the opportunity to thank David Lee Roth personally for the best job he ever had in his miserable life, but instead used the media attention from that opportunity (the 2002 tour specifically, as well as last year's tour) to bash DLR endlessly.

You could learn a lesson from an idiot who paints a skull on his face, Spammy :mad:

Excellent parallel, Ford.

The Misfits are STILL an outstanding live show, yes...but I honestly wish Jerry would just hang it the fuck up already, it's absolutely over...

Jimmy Jingles
10-31-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Wonder Twins
Hey I cant argue with anything that you just told us. Howvere, his tequilla is quite good. I will give that too him.

Fuk Yu!!

His tequila tastes like warm gorilla piss.

Terry
10-31-2005, 04:15 PM
Great post.

I mean, I knew who Sammy Hagar was before he joined Van Halen, but he wasn't some enormously successful solo artist prior to (or after) his tenure with Ed and Co. Biggest thing he had done was VOA, commerically speaking.

Hagar was damn lucky Roth bailed outta VAn Halen when he did. But Hagar as always acted like Roth was fired from Van Halen specifically so Hagar could replace him...Hagar's never said that, but he sure as shit acted like it. I remember seeing a picture of Hagar on the 5150 tour wearing a t-shirt that had DAVE WHO?? or some such nonsense printed on it. It's like, um, dude, David Lee Roth, the guy who helped make Van Halen into a multiplatinum selling rock band and then quit. The guy you should be thanking for giving you an extension on your career by leaving the group.

Hagar's not even fit to hold Dave's jock far as I'm concerned, never mind take his place in VH.

thome
10-31-2005, 04:26 PM
Sometimes i think Daves lil' solo project pissed off the rest of them,
when they saw the sucsess of- jus a jigalo-californis girls- they may have realized
they were like a back up band for Dave.Dave was the- Star- no matter how talented Ed was.

Then everything got blown out of porportion- Ego is a terrrible Drug-.

My OP

rustoffa
10-31-2005, 07:57 PM
There's no denying the egomaniacal "fury" that was always there. A self-fulfilling prophecy, if you will. Ed knew it was coming, and decided to facilitate it a bit with his moog sympathiser.

Dave knew it as well....there's a 1984 commentary vid where dave mentions the moog sympathiser....full-on grey area tones. The last thing he said in that piece was, "Always had it, always will."
(doing the Van Dam thumbs)

Hell, Ed's last gasp of clear thinking was busting out the moog sympathiser as a transitional buffer. He fucking KNEW the band needed to go a different direction....

There was gonna be no replacing Roth, or carrying on the band's mantra without him.

1984? It's fucking Orwellian I tell ya.

Terry
10-31-2005, 08:18 PM
Far as them splitting in '85, I'll just take Dave's word for it that the chemistry had turned rotten. Considering the direction Ed's music was headed towards after 1984, just as well that Dave didn't stick around and try to put words over too much of that synthesized poop. Wasn't all that fond of Dancing In The Streets, Jump and I'll Wait as it was, even at the time.

Coyote
11-01-2005, 03:58 AM
5 stars for Sammy Who. Grate post!

Can`t drive 55
11-01-2005, 09:57 AM
yeah sammy who. i think hagar could have made it without van halen and been even bigger. eddy and the boys held him back. he was well on the way before he joined.

Golden AWe
11-01-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Can`t drive 55
yeah sammy who. i think hagar could have made it without van halen and been even bigger. eddy and the boys held him back. he was well on the way before he joined. '

oh do fuck off

Bob_R
11-01-2005, 11:56 AM
i think hagar could have made it without van halen and been even bigger. eddy and the boys held him back. he was well on the way before he joined.

LMFAO!!!!

DavidLeeNatra
11-01-2005, 01:31 PM
when hagar was asked to be the second choice singer in a second choice band he was already 37 and not really in the best age for a "rock star"...so yes...he should thank dave every day...and yes...that is a five star thread!

ritetoolforjob
11-02-2005, 05:58 PM
dave should thank the vh brothers for the employment they provided him. he walked out on them and 20 years later he is still paying the rent living off the cvh legacy. if he wasn't in vh he never would have any kind of career in the music business.

FORD
11-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Blow me, sheep.

ritetoolforjob
11-02-2005, 06:24 PM
you like sheep to blow you? i prefer the rear tackle with hip rubbers on.

rustoffa
11-02-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by ritetoolforjob
dave should thank the vh brothers for the employment they provided him. he walked out on them and 20 years later he is still paying the rent living off the cvh legacy.

The brothers should thank Dave for the guidance and un-fucking-deniable identity he gave the band. There wouldn't be a fucking van hagar without Dave.

Living off the CVH legacy? Fuck dude, he had a MAJOR role in creating it! Why the fuck wouldn't he?

Sammy Who??
11-02-2005, 08:49 PM
dave should thank the vh brothers for the employment they provided him. he walked out on them and 20 years later he is still paying the rent living off the cvh legacy. if he wasn't in vh he never would have any kind of career in the music business.

fuck off and drop dead linker

to the pen with this asshole DG

vestan-pance
11-03-2005, 03:21 AM

No Fuckin' way.What the hell are you on buddy.Dave was/is the best frontman in rock!! VH woulkd have been nothing without him,sure Eddies one heck of a guitar player but there are a truck load more out there but there is only one DLR!!
You need a check up from the neck up fool!!

Can`t drive 55
11-03-2005, 05:16 AM
also sammy should thank david for crashing and burning as a solo artist. it made it so much easier for him to be accepted by the real van halen fans. it showed the band could go forward with out losing any credibility. i enjoy davids solo albums but their appeal is pretty selective. van halen with sammy hagar really caught the publics attention. real lovers of van halen said yes. rock on vh.

DavidLeeNatra
11-03-2005, 08:07 AM

brett! check your fences...

vestan-pance
11-04-2005, 01:59 PM
yeah sammy who. i think hagar could have made it without van halen and been even bigger. eddy and the boys held him back. he was well on the way before he joined.

fret_buzz_blues
11-04-2005, 04:42 PM
Jus' spewing out bullshit, like any sheep...