PDA

View Full Version : Even Yngwie knows what's right :D

The Scatologist
10-29-2005, 03:29 PM
http://www.hardrockhaven.net/interviews/ymalmsteen05.php

Yngwie: To me, the moist underrated guitar players within America are Richie Blackmore and Brian May. In all fairness, the best shit Van Halen came out with was more than 25 years ago.

Big Fat Sammy
10-29-2005, 04:09 PM
He likes Evanescence?

Thats shocking.

light 'em up!
10-29-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by The Scatologist
In all fairness, the best shit Van Halen came out with was more than 25 years ago.

I wouldn't argue with that.

Hardrock69
10-29-2005, 06:30 PM
It is reality. The only people that do not understand "reality" Are Edward The Drunk and ALex WifeyBeater.

The Scatologist
10-29-2005, 08:40 PM
I think even Hagar knows it secretly everytime he has to perform a Dave song. :D

larbo
10-29-2005, 11:49 PM
Since when does anybody care what Menstral Cramp has to say? his music has sucked for 25 years.

Matt White
10-30-2005, 01:25 AM
Yngwie is cool.................

Soul Reaper
10-30-2005, 06:59 AM
Yngwie's music may sound the same but at least he wasn't just a Van Halen clone.....

DavidLeeNatra
Originally posted by Matt White
Yngwie is cool.................

no...the most entertaining thing about malmsteen was the "fucking fury"-tape when some girl pured water in his face during a flight... :D

Soul Reaper
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
no...the most entertaining thing about malmsteen was the "fucking fury"-tape when some girl pured water in his face during a flight... :D

Is there a link to that anywhere?

DavidLeeNatra
10-30-2005, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper

there was...but don't ask me where...I've heard it here or over at vonnie's and I was LMAO :D

Diamondjimi
10-30-2005, 01:18 PM
Yngwie : "YOU HAVE UNLEASHED THE FOKKIN FURY ! "

A Fokkin classic !

The Scatologist
10-30-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra

and then, he actually released a album named Unleash The Fury as a joke :D

Terry
10-30-2005, 04:41 PM
Yngwie's music may sound the same but at least he wasn't just a Van Halen clone.....

No doubt about that. Yngwie stood out when he broke out in the early/mid 1980s by a mile. Kinda relied on a lot of sped-up Blackmoreisms at times, but even when he tapped, Yngwie wasn't pulling an Eddie.

Gotta admit that I dug the Steeler stuff, the Alcatraz album and Yngwie's solo stuff through Marching Out, but by the time that Dio rip-off tune "You Don't Remember (I'll Never Forget)" came out, had no more use for Yngwie.

10west
10-30-2005, 11:08 PM
the thing that separates yngwie and eddie, was that eddie has genius- genius feeds and inspires the brilliant, genius is genesis- it is NEW, malmsteen is playing licks that are centuries old hat, brilliantly... you can't outshine paganini by plugging it into a wall, nicoli already did it! I like the guy though, he is incredible- brilliant!!! But eddie was a fresh shining razor that cut every living guitar player to shreds by what he played and how he played it, it sliced through the air-ena. they knew what they where, but eddie knew who he was, the god from VH1, he had the tunes and he had the sound, the technique, the desire 4 it, the band, the bro, the everything in cosmic placement- DLR was the perfect counter balancing talent, they cannot be replaced, that's one difference, the place, the time, and just blowing everyone's minds, raw genius and sonic brutality with a grin. Blackmore crapped on ed, and Joe Perry just walked away in disgust- but had they talked and played with ed (like brian may) they would be better guitar players today, damn! they had a god on their hands!!, but alas, they weren't happy being seriously dusted, they had 2 get in the trunk behind jimmypage who was in the backseat now- of the bus that is, 21 seats behind schenker. But then came vai, cool tunes and 14 fingers- he works his ass off! so does robby lochner!! Damn, there are a load of excellent players now a days, "15 million fingers, learnin' how to play", shit! it was an eruption!

bueno bob
10-30-2005, 11:10 PM
Yngwie...love him or hate him, the man's a God amongst us mere mortals... :)

lafours
10-31-2005, 08:49 AM
I remember reading in a guitar player magazine about how Yngwie totally loved the early VH cd's and always tried to get a jam going with EVH....he said Ed would blow him off and avoid him all the time..could you imagine those two ego's in one room?

ELVIS
10-31-2005, 11:44 AM
The interviewer is an idiot...

Yngwie is GRATE!

:elvis:

Nitro Express
10-31-2005, 12:43 PM
Yngwie found his niche and stayed true to himself. It's paid off. All he wanted to do was make a living with his music, he's done that very nicely. Yngwie still rocks.

Terry
10-31-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by lafours
I remember reading in a guitar player magazine about how Yngwie totally loved the early VH cd's and always tried to get a jam going with EVH....he said Ed would blow him off and avoid him all the time..could you imagine those two ego's in one room?

Probably because Ed was shitting his pants. When Yngwie hit the scene and really made a name for himself, around 1984-1985, CVH was already winding down. By 1986, any shredder worth his salt was moving on from EVH to checking out what Yngwie was doing, along with Vai's stuff from EEAS. Nobody was racing to try and figure out Van Hagar tunes.

I think a Yngwie/EVH jam would sound cool as shit, myself.

jhale667
10-31-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Terry

I think a Yngwie/EVH jam would sound cool as shit, myself.

Hell yeah! :D I'd stick around for that....

Seshmeister
10-31-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by The Scatologist
http://www.hardrockhaven.net/interviews/ymalmsteen05.php

Yngwie: To me, the moist underrated guitar players within America are Richie Blackmore and Brian May.

They may be moist but I thought they were both overrated.

Big Fat Sammy
10-31-2005, 05:46 PM

Just posted it in House Of Music....

Take a look...ROTFLYAO funny!

rustoffa
10-31-2005, 07:36 PM
He's a great guitar player, and obviously likes the CVH.

I think he kinda killed his career with that "overfed virtuoso holds underage girl hostage" deal though.