PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen.

faddam234
10-30-2005, 01:26 AM
Ive been a member of these forums for along time but I never posted much (most of you guys are great to just watch post!) ha!

Anyways...other than the radio gig thier aint much news...thought Id post my story.

I was a 9 or 10 years old. It was 1996 and I saw a comercial durring a baseball game that I will never forget...It was the nissan comercial with You Really Got Me. I remember watching that game waiting for the comercial to play just so I could listen... I was nine and lovin every minute of it. Since then... I became facinated with a band that I wasnt even around to see. It became a HUGE part of my life. Going for walks with my dad and listending to EVERY song they released.

I then found out dave left the band (in 1996! haha!) and was heart broken. I then decided that all my paper route money would be invested in ALL the Classic Van Halen catalouge and Dave solo. I now have every single Van Halen And solo Dave CD to date. I listen back to all of the songs and what memories.

I am now 19 years old (almost 20) and nothing has changed. I just got my first tattoo and it is a RAD classic Van Halen Tattoo. This band was a huge part of my life and now musical career...

So to get sentimental for a minute...Thank you Classic Van Halen. Not only did you shape my childhoop but your music kept me chalenging myslef to be a better musician, and dave taught me what a real frontman is supposed to sound and act like.

I am now in talks with roadrunner records about a possible record deal and a contract...thank you Dave, Eddie, Mike, and AL. If it wasnt for you I dont know where my life would be.

Thanks for listenin guys!
DRINK UP!

faddam234
10-30-2005, 02:56 AM
Well no one seems to care. LOL
Thats ok. Anyone who enjoyed my story thanks for reading.
The rest of u guys are assholes!
haha just kidding. Thanks to anyone who read my post. Thanks guys.

EbDawson
10-30-2005, 03:49 AM
Neat story. Good luck with your music career as long as it's not that emo shit.

JumpinJack
10-30-2005, 04:50 AM
I don't know if the story "qualifies" for being "emo shit" but even if so, it's a nice read.
I assume that most ppl here have some special feelings about the music and the memories that it brings back to 'em. But that's only a guess.

Anyway, much luck with your musical endeavors!

EbDawson
10-30-2005, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by JumpinJack
I don't know if the story "qualifies" for being "emo shit" but even if so, it's a nice read.

I was just telling the guy good luck but that I hope he doesn't play "emo-metal" which is shit. I didn't mean his story was shit. Oh well.

JumpinJack
10-30-2005, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by EbDawson
I was just telling the guy good luck but that I hope he doesn't play "emo-metal" which is shit. I didn't mean his story was shit. Oh well.

Sorry dude, I got you wrong! My comment wasn't meant to be an insult anyway but still, I got you wrong. I totally agree with you on "emo-metal" being kinda...shit.

EbDawson
10-30-2005, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by JumpinJack
Sorry dude, I got you wrong! My comment wasn't meant to be an insult anyway but still, I got you wrong. I totally agree with you on "emo-metal" being kinda...shit.

No problemo. We're cool.:rockit2:

Soul Reaper
10-30-2005, 06:57 AM
Neat story. Good luck with your music career as long as it's not that emo shit.

Stupid whiney emo goths.....I agree with you there....

Polk High
10-30-2005, 08:34 AM
good to hear it. I'm a young VH fan as well

thome
10-30-2005, 09:06 AM
Good story 234, Roth On !

guwapo_rocker
10-30-2005, 09:21 AM
Your profile says you're 30.

JumpinJack
10-30-2005, 09:32 AM
No problemo. We're cool.:rockit2:

:D

Originally posted by faddam 234
I am now in talks with roadrunner records about a possible record deal and a contract

Could you give a description on how your music sounds?

Unchainme
10-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Roadrunner records? Dude stay as far away as Emo-Metal as phsically possible. Keep your sound the same. Persoanlly I see Emo-Metal the equivlant of like the styx and the reo speedwagons of the 2000's.If you keep the band like CVH it'll blow these fucking bands out of the fucking water. Tell me when your records coming out, I'll bym it in a heatbeat.

Diamondjimi
10-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by faddam234
So to get sentimental for a minute...Thank you Classic Van Halen. Not only did you shape my childhoop but your music kept me chalenging myslef to be a better musician, and dave taught me what a real frontman is supposed to sound and act like.

I am now in talks with roadrunner records about a possible record deal and a contract...thank you Dave, Eddie, Mike, and AL. If it wasnt for you I dont know where my life would be.

DRINK UP!

Classic Van Halen tends to have that type of effect on people !

Roth on Dude !!!

faddam234
10-30-2005, 04:10 PM
Thanks guys appreciate the comments. I know my profile says im thirty (im a punk that way haha). I dont put much thought into my profiles. Emo? LMAO!

If Van Halen and bon scott era AC/DC were my inspirations I doubt id play that garbage. But If I do then EbDawson you have first privillage to Kick me in the balls.

The first thing I told roadrunner is that im very specific when it comes to song writing and that my style, although a bit retro, is something im going to stick with. My sound is bassicly taking a Heavy guitar sound (kinda like new age"metal") and using it to write bluesy/rock material. If I can find some sound clips of the band im working with I will and post them.

If my dream does come true and we strike a deal (they are still unsure if its something they want to invest in) then ill be sure to give a shout out to the roth army for your no holds barred attitude!

faddam234
10-30-2005, 04:19 PM
And guys...If I did record an album I garantee You would like it. I would love to throw down some of my best material just to blow the new "rock/metal" shit that is around these days out of the fuckin water!
I am in the best position to do this. Its about time someone stepped up to the plate and introduced talent back into rock.

I do get a hard time from some people tho.. If I go to a party these days I ussually throw on any classic Van Halen Record or maybe High Voltage (AC/DC), or dirty deeds(AC/DC), maybe the Crue's greatest hits, some drunk people have a problem with it but thier is ussually someone to back me up and tell them to fuck off! LMAO

Much blood was shed to these tunes...
Fad

Unchainme
10-30-2005, 04:55 PM
Grate Man, I hope they sign you. Rock could use a few people like you right now. We need that attitude back really badly. I mean I'm just so sick of listening to some guy bitch about Life sucks and he wants to kill himself. Classic AC/DC and Classic Van Halen together? Their only in my top 3 bands of all time. Do you like Classic Aerosmith too LOL.
Cover a CVH tunes on the record, that would kick ass.

faddam234
10-30-2005, 05:38 PM
I have a couple Aerosmith records that my pop dug when he was a lad. I like to throw them on now and again. I find it entertaining when I hear a new "rock" group these days whine about life and girl friends etc. I mean fuck, how many bands have to write the same song over and over. Its way worse for me tho. I gotta live this shit cuz unfortunatly, anyone between the ages of 17 - 26 are listening to it. I honestly believe I have something unique and fresh to add to the table right now. Im quite familliar with alot of better bands but if anyone has any suggestions I could maybe learn a thing or two.

I would love to cover a classic Van Halen song but it would have to be a song that not many know. I like to dig up classic songs that didnt do so well and see what I can do with it (giving credit where it is due ofcoarce). Im thinkin bottoms up. Ill go down to the studio tommorow and try my hand at it. Should be fun.

JumpinJack
10-31-2005, 03:17 AM
VH, AC/DC? Sure sounds good to me! "Bottoms Up" is actually a song that might be suited to combine both VH and AC/DC influences. If you tweak it a little bit ;)

faddam234
10-31-2005, 05:09 AM
That is the beauty of artistic expression my friend. Ive set it up with the owner of the studio... He is a very good friend of my family so I can get free studio time when its available.. Im goin down tommorow in the wee hours of the morning to try out some demo's of some Van Halen Im thinking of doin amongst other things...

I will let you guys know how it goes and when I have something worthy of posting I will post Bottoms up...however, dont expect it to sounds alot like the original. When I cover songs I like to change it in a way to make it unique (Mr. Roth is a master at this). Think... A bit more beat driven and maybe a touch more blues in the mix.. expect Heavy guitars aswell.

I will keep you posted. Pointers on what any of you would like to here or ideas to make this song unique are more than welcome!

Roth on!

EbDawson
10-31-2005, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Personanlly I see Emo-Metal the equivlant of like the styx and the reo speedwagons of the 2000's.

I don't think I agree with that analogy. Emo-metal is more like the grunge of the 2000's.

DLR_EngineRoom
10-31-2005, 10:55 AM
...Thank you Classic Van Halen. Not only did you shape my childhoop but your music kept me chalenging myslef to be a better musician, and dave taught me what a real frontman is supposed to sound and act like.

DRINK UP!

another satisfied customer.......ahhh the rewards.....

Apollo
10-31-2005, 11:14 AM
What is emo metal?

ELVIS
10-31-2005, 11:26 AM
Post some of your bullshit here for us to listen to...

I'm in the mood to hurt someone's feelings...

:elvis:

faddam234
10-31-2005, 02:10 PM
lmao. Elvis I respect you completely and from reading some of your posts you sound like an amazing musician. But I dont think you could hurt my feelings when it comes to music...

Anyways, I just got back from the studio. I laid down a guitar track for bottoms up and started polishing up some other songs of mine. And yes I will post some of my music when its polished and respectable. Id like to post maybe an albums worth of material for those who might enjoy it. Thanks for the positive comments.

JumpinJack
10-31-2005, 03:34 PM
[B]lmao. Elvis I respect you completely and from reading some of your posts you sound like an amazing musician.

Elvis wasn't just an amazing musician....he was THE KING!!! Lol :lol:

bantonelli
10-31-2005, 03:49 PM
That is the beauty of artistic expression my friend. Ive set it up with the owner of the studio... He is a very good friend of my family so I can get free studio time when its available.. Im goin down tommorow in the wee hours of the morning to try out some demo's of some Van Halen Im thinking of doin amongst other things...

I will let you guys know how it goes and when I have something worthy of posting I will post Bottoms up...however, dont expect it to sounds alot like the original. When I cover songs I like to change it in a way to make it unique (Mr. Roth is a master at this). Think... A bit more beat driven and maybe a touch more blues in the mix.. expect Heavy guitars aswell.

I will keep you posted. Pointers on what any of you would like to here or ideas to make this song unique are more than welcome!

Roth on!

I love reading stories where your major influence is attibuted to the Original VAN HALEN with our guy, Dave. Stories like this make life so much sweeter and they are ones that I can bet make Dave feel Great! You should express it to him on his radio gig....

and By The Way....GO BUY his book "Crazy from the Heat" - you will get even more inspired of all his stories of before, during and after Van Halen's success and what inspires him. It's a great read and it makes you go back and listen to the CD's with knowing the background story to the songs recorded....

Please share your recording with us....you'll be starting off with a good fan-base!!!

faddam234
10-31-2005, 04:51 PM
Bantonelli, I have daves book and have read it a number of times. So I understand and agree with everything you said! Thanks so much for the comments and I garantee that the Roth Army will be the first place ill post my work.

bantonelli
10-31-2005, 08:16 PM
Bantonelli, I have daves book and have read it a number of times. So I understand and agree with everything you said! Thanks so much for the comments and I garantee that the Roth Army will be the first place ill post my work.

Wouldn't it be cool if you get signed on and have Diamond Dave debut it on his Radio gig...perhaps he ends up inviting you to do it live before our Naked Steaming Eyes and Ears...Including Dave's????

faddam234
10-31-2005, 11:58 PM
LMAO!
That would be the day!

Thorman
11-01-2005, 12:10 AM
Well no one seems to care. LOL
Thats ok. Anyone who enjoyed my story thanks for reading.
The rest of u guys are assholes!
haha just kidding. Thanks to anyone who read my post. Thanks guys.

Remember little man..There is only one way to rock

BAM

faddam234
11-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Thier is only one way to rock...and its not with a blue bottle of tequila.

faddam234
11-01-2005, 10:24 AM
thiers thorman bangin on the windshield....
A bottle of tequila in one hand and sammy's dick in the other.

Dirty Duck
11-01-2005, 06:36 PM
David Lee Roth changed my life at 10 years old (that was 85' when they were still kings....for the moment!) when I first heard JUMP. Then.....I saw the video. WOW. I remember, even then, thinking to myself: that must be the lead singer. I knew at that point that I would never look at frontmen in bands the same way again. To this day I thank the heavens for CLASSIC VH. When I'm in a bad mood,all I need is the sound of Dave's voice and Eddie's guitar and I feel better. The music VH played with Dave is priceless. It had a sound that could never be duplicated (although many tried), and a band that could NOT be touched. CLASSIC VH is what a REAL rock band should sound like. Kudos to you for listening to music other then what your generation THINKS is music....and It's good to know that Dave's fan's keep multiplying like a bunch of magwai gremlins eating kentucky fried chicken after midnight......I have no clue whrer that came from! Rock on brother....and keep spreadin' the word about CLASSIC VH!!!!!!!!!

AJW
11-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Ive been a member of these forums for along time but I never posted much (most of you guys are great to just watch post!) ha!

Anyways...other than the radio gig thier aint much news...thought Id post my story.

I was a 9 or 10 years old. It was 1996 and I saw a comercial durring a baseball game that I will never forget...It was the nissan comercial with You Really Got Me. I remember watching that game waiting for the comercial to play just so I could listen... I was nine and lovin every minute of it. Since then... I became facinated with a band that I wasnt even around to see. It became a HUGE part of my life. Going for walks with my dad and listending to EVERY song they released.

I then found out dave left the band (in 1996! haha!) and was heart broken. I then decided that all my paper route money would be invested in ALL the Classic Van Halen catalouge and Dave solo. I now have every single Van Halen And solo Dave CD to date. I listen back to all of the songs and what memories.

I am now 19 years old (almost 20) and nothing has changed. I just got my first tattoo and it is a RAD classic Van Halen Tattoo. This band was a huge part of my life and now musical career...

DRINK UP!

Great story Dude. It's great to see the younger people into Classic VH. Their will be nothing like it ever again.

Unchainme
11-01-2005, 09:23 PM
theirs thorman bangin on the windshield....
A bottle of tequila in one hand and sammy's dick in the other.

thats sig worthy right there

faddam234
11-02-2005, 12:33 AM
Thanks Unchainme!
LMAO

faddam234
11-02-2005, 02:23 AM
You gotta wonder... Guys like thorman come to this site and stir shit like tough guys. When in reality they probably couldnt hold thier own in a fight if thier sexuality depended on it.

Now in no way am I condoning violence but common...who wouldnt want to bust thorman in the mouth!