X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bantonelli
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

You Wanna Know Who Dlr Is?

It's easy to see why he is doing the radio gig that was offered to him - He's been facsinated since childhood about Radio & DJ's..... I just purchased his biography "Crazy from the Heat" on Amazon.com - and it was the best $20.00 I've spent in a long time. The book covers myths that I've heard about (even on this website) from the simple fact that nobody could get DLR's birthday year correct.....it's written in plain english in the book amongst other things you may have wondered about. I have come away with enormous RESPECT for our guy as well as listening again to the Van Halen library of songs that now have the stories behind the particular songs as some of them were recorded...such as "Jamie's Cryin" was recorded after a Cheeseburger was recommended to him to eat by Ted Templeman and he smoked a joint in order to get his voice to sound alittle raspy and bring out his "Zing" in that song.

My "ME WISE MAGIC" advice....if you haven't bought it or read it.....IT"S A MUST READ.... He has some poignant stories in there as well. I couldn't put the book down and he's got some Great Photos that I haven't seen before with his little remarks on each picture.

BUY THE BOOK...You won't be disappointed. Wish I would have read it years ago....
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

I just wish I hadn't read it yet (three times)... In fact I think you are lucky, Pasadena girl...
    Have a good read!
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

It's a great read. By all means, check it out.
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• bantonelli
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

Great stories! and for no "biased" reasons, I really do feel like DLR tells it like it is in the book.....no exaggerations or down right lies.....Especially when he discussed the whole MTV incident.

He seems like a pretty stand up guy to me and would be a great "friend" and perhaps, he is the "Huckleberry Finn" of our time. Interestingly enough, I have never seen a picture of his ankle tatoos.....does anyone have pictures of this????
        "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• thome
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Mar 2005

I personally had the local bookstore order me one before the release
          date they weren't going to get any in until i came by.While talking
          with the manager, he said ,"do you think it will do well" I said," yes"
          so he ordered 10 and sold out within 7 Days So i feel good about that.
          Ha, Ha .I'm Daves Pimp! Roth On!!!

Comment

• bantonelli
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by thome
            I personally had the local bookstore order me one before the release
            date they weren't going to get any in until i came by.While talking
            with the manager, he said ,"do you think it will do well" I said," yes"
            so he ordered 10 and sold out within 7 Days So i feel good about that.
            Ha, Ha .I'm Daves Pimp! Roth On!!!
            ALRIGHT!! I ordered the book, which I think might not be in current print? I got my hands on a "First Edition" - shipped from Hawaii. I'm hoping to take w/me to the St. Louis Concert and try to get him to sign it.

Instead of calling him Dave, I'd like to think of him as "A-105" !!! Great tale....Hello Flo!

Comment

Working...