X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

GREAT American band...

Let's be fair: there are great bands in Canada too! Like Blackfoot for instance...
    I'm just curious: nobody ever mentions them in this forum, why on earth? They fucking rock, don't they?

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.
  • m_dixon1984
    Foot Soldier
    • Aug 2004

Blackfoot, with Greg T Walker playing bass and singing (looks like him in your picture)?? I've heard of them but not as a Canadian act. I just did some Googling and if this is the Blackfoot band you're speaking of they're from the southern states. http://www.blackfootrocks.com/
    They are good but not Canadian I'm afraid.
    One of my favorite Canadian rock bands that isn't that well known in the rest of the world is The Tea Party. Check 'em out: http://www.teaparty.com/.
    M
    http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by m_dixon1984
      Blackfoot, with Greg T Walker playing bass and singing (looks like him in your picture)?? I've heard of them but not as a Canadian act. I just did some Googling and if this is the Blackfoot band you're speaking of they're from the southern states.
      One of my favorite Canadian rock bands that isn't that well known in the rest of the world is The Tea Party. Check 'em out: http://www.teaparty.com/.
      M
      Well... Cheers, dude! You're right, they're from Florida! Why the fuck have I always believed they were Canadians? :confused:

Five stars for you for making it right, and shame on me...
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• m_dixon1984
        Foot Soldier
        • Aug 2004

Cool. I'll return the favour (5-star vote) for bringing up Blackfoot. Strange how you sometimes forget about bands you liked in the past. I saw Blackfoot live like 15 years ago at a biker/pot festival in Tweed, Ontario, Canada. I was going to buy some of their music but promptly forgot all about them (probably had something to do with the pot component of the festival).
        Seriously, though, check out The Tea Party. The Edges Of Twilight is my favorite CD of theirs.
        M
        http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• PHOENIX
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

Old Tea Party Rawks!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

Blackfoot, with Greg T Walker playing bass and singing (looks like him in your picture)?? I've heard of them but not as a Canadian act. I just did some Googling and if this is the Blackfoot band you're speaking of they're from the southern states. http://www.blackfootrocks.com/
            So yes, Blackfoot is back, minus their original drummer who died earlier this year.
            I once had a live album from the early eighties, and still have a studio record from 1990, "Medicine Man" (just playing it again for the first time in years, it sounds a little like Kiss, especially the opening track, "Doin' my job", then there's a Free cover, "The stealer").

M
            It sounds damn good, I'll look for stuff by The Tea Party next time I go to Geneva for a few records! Thanks for the tip!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

Cool. I'll return the favour (5-star vote) for bringing up Blackfoot. Strange how you sometimes forget about bands you liked in the past. I saw Blackfoot live like 15 years ago at a biker/pot festival in Tweed, Ontario, Canada. I was going to buy some of their music but promptly forgot all about them (probably had something to do with the pot component of the festival).
              Seriously, though, check out The Tea Party. The Edges Of Twilight is my favorite CD of theirs.
              M
              Originally posted by PHOENIX
              Old Tea Party Rawks!
              Cheers! :bottle:

The Tea party, I won't forget!

And thanks to you Phoenix for changing "Canadian" into "American"... I look less dumb!

Comment

• PHOENIX
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                Cheers! :bottle:

The Tea party, I won't forget!

And thanks to you Phoenix for changing "Canadian" into "American"... I look less dumb!
                Pas de troubles mon ami.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by PHOENIX
                  Pas de troubles mon ami.
                  Quand chu dans l'erreur, y a des coups je l'vois pas, des fois me v'la pi j'poste pi je m'trompe!

Merci pour toute!

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

TEA PARTY broke up recently.
                    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So Ricky Medlocke is back with Blackfoot, and Johnny Van Zant is making records with his brother.

Does this mean they finally pulled the plug on the fake Skynyrd embarrassment band?
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• VanJay011379
                        Roadie
                        • Jan 2004

Medlocke is not back with Blackfoot.

I saw them in Youngstown, OH on August 26 of this year.

They put on a kickass live show. The lineup consists of

Bobby Barth - Vocals/Lead guitars
                        Greg Walker - Bass
                        Charlie Hargrett - Lead guitars
                        Christoph Ullman - Drums

I met the band after the show. They were down to Earth as hell.

I wish Medlocke was there I had people saying to me this was a tribute band and not the real thing. I can see that point of view but hey, I wasn't alive in the 70s.

The setlist was as follows.

Blackfoot
                        B&B Backstage
                        Youngstown, OH
                        Friday, August 27, 2005

1) Good Morning
                        2) Wishing Well
                        3) I Got A Line On You
                        4) Baby Blue
                        5) New Song (Dedicated to Jakson Spires)
                        6) Every Man Should Know
                        7) Fox Chase
                        8) Left Turn On A Red Light
                        9) On The Run
                        10) Rollin' and Tumblin'
                        11) Fly Away
                        12) Train, Train
                        13) Highway Song
                        14) Dry County

Comment

• VanJay011379
                          Roadie
                          • Jan 2004

Guitarist Charlie Hargrette and I.

Drummer Christoph Ullman and I.

Singer/Guitarist Bobby Barth, Bassist Greg Walker and I.

Comment

• rustoffa
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

There was a thread about Blackfoot awhile back, and everyone was slammin' "Tomcattin'!"

I thought it was a decent record.

Comment

• Susie Q
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
                              There was a thread about Blackfoot awhile back, and everyone was slammin' "Tomcattin'!"

I thought it was a decent record.
                              I had Tomcattin, I also have the Strikes album. It's too bad that Medlocke isn't in the band though. I was into this band when I got into my "Southern Rock" phase. You know...Skynard, 38 Special, Allman Brothers, Jim Dandy, etc...

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
                              ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

Working...