PDA

View Full Version : GEEZ!! If Cream,Sabbath and Pink Floyd can why not CVH??

firestarter
11-01-2005, 01:58 PM
FUCKIN EGOS

PHOENIX
11-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Who cares anymore?

I dont.

Best to remember what it used to be. Than what its become now.

Jimmy Jingles
11-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Who cares anymore?

I dont.

Best to remember what it used to be. Than what its become now.

Agreed. It ain't never gonna happen. The sisters have seen to that.

bantonelli
11-01-2005, 02:57 PM
After reading "Crazy from the Heat" I still often wonder...but I think the feud is more like "JERRY LEWIS / DEAN MARTIN". Those comedians cried too when they parted ways, both initially sharing the spotlight and wanting to maintain equality in their fame, but one's ego got bigger than the other's or maybe I should say, one got more attention than the other....the less of the two couldn't handle it. They basically went to their deathbeds never recovering or reuniting from this EGO that separated them.

I feel like this is what is going on with DAVE & ED (more so on ED's end).....the smoke is still smoldering and if the wind blows the wrong way, the fire could re-ignite.

I wish there was some creative way we, as fans, of the Ultimate Band, could communicate to them that would make them sleep on the idea of letting their guard down as they did as teenagers and go back to basics, get their act together and make the magic that CAN still exist. This Team of Players is magic no matter how long they've been absent as a whole....I believe it, cuz the 2 songs they did on the Greatest Hits were awesome...they just gotta be hungry again. We know DLR is.....but what is Ed and Al's appetite these days?

Jimmy Jingles
11-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
I believe it, cuz the 2 songs they did on the Greatest Hits were awesome...they just gotta be hungry again. We know DLR is.....but what is Ed and Al's appetite these days?

Unfortunately, the only thing Ed is hungry for these days are Loon by the gallon and about 4000 cigarettes a day. Al seems to be hungry for his brother’s cock in his ass.

DavidLeeNatra
11-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
After reading "Crazy from the Heat" I still often wonder...but I think the feud is more like "JERRY LEWIS / DEAN MARTIN". Those comedians cried too when they parted ways, both initially sharing the spotlight and wanting to maintain equality in their fame, but one's ego got bigger than the other's or maybe I should say, one got more attention than the other....the less of the two couldn't handle it. They basically went to their deathbeds never recovering or reuniting from this EGO that separated them.

sorry to correct you...but even these two guys made peace in the end...dean had a concert in his last days and "the monkey" came out with the birthday cake...they never shared the stage as artists again after their seperation but embraced and it was all good between them...

Hardrock69
11-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Yeah but Jerry never spoke to Dean after that one appearance.

bantonelli
11-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
sorry to correct you...but even these two guys made peace in the end...dean had a concert in his last days and "the monkey" came out with the birthday cake...they never shared the stage as artists again after their seperation but embraced and it was all good between them...

Basically what I meant is exactly what you said as well....Those guys NEVER shared the stage again as artists....that's what I meant.

I won't care if Ed brings a cake out to Dave and makes up like that.....I'm hungry for the Entree before the dessert.....this means Ed & Dave would have to get into the Kitchen and read the recipe together, then concoct the biggest gourmet meal of their lives way before cake time.

That's what I'm hungy for.....

It would be a sad day if they end up making peace w/each other at the tender age of 65+ yrs. and all one can do is present the other a slice of cake? No Tunes? I don't want to see that in my life time.

diamondsgirl
11-01-2005, 04:35 PM
I could see Ed and Dave making peace one day, but not touring together

too much bad blood...anytime anything went wrong there would be finger pointing and fighting. They would never make it through to the end.

I don't know much about what went on with Sabbath and Cream and why they split up or how they got back together, but from everything I have heard about the Roth vs. the Van Halens battle, its never going to work. IMO. :(

jhale667
11-01-2005, 06:34 PM
I'd LOVE to see it happen. Told Dave as much the one time I met him, pretty much got the "you're preachin' to the CHOIR" response. I think he still wants to do it...just not Al & Ed. And I was straight out FORBIDDEN (by Mgmt) from asking Ed about it when I used to deal with him....

rustoffa
11-01-2005, 09:11 PM
Al's in worse physical condition than Ginger Baker!

roryrobson666
11-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Yeah mon, v/h should really reform....with the only proper singer dave!!!! They really should, what have v/h done in the last 10 years; relitivly nothing!!!

Atomic_Rob
11-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Its a shame they wouldn't even consider doing what Cream did. Just do a couple of nights in different countries around the world: London, New York, L.A, Sydney, Paris, Rome, Tokyo.

I really don't think that a maximum of 4 weeks of gigs is much to ask for - let the fans chose the setlist, proper stage show, special merch made up, mass advertising and then a DVD to follow it all up in time for Christmas.

If the band went on tour for 1 month, with spread out dates, that then leaves them to say they did the best they could and alot of people would be happy that they saw the four of them onstage together one last time.

After its finished Dave can return to the radio show, Eddie to the bottom of the glass and Alex and Mikey to their own arseholes.

firestarter
11-07-2005, 09:34 AM
radio killed the video star!!